the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stars Aligned

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
I Could Be The One To Set You Free.

Excitement had taken over my small figure as I made my way carefully back to the Edge of the World where my adoptive parents and I resided. Or at least, I resided there for the time being, but the flaming god had told me my only chance at being normal and having a properly functioning heart would be to pack up and move to the Throat where he watched over the members with a careful eye. Of course I didn't want to be the reason that Papa Ruske and Momma Eva left their lives behind, clearly they had much going on in the Edge or they would not have remained here as long as they had been. My mind had already been made up whether or not the two of them decided to follow me or not, I had to go to the Throat and get myself healed so I could rid myself of the last little bit of failure that had been caused by my so called mother.
Soon I would be able to play tag and all of the other games that normal foals got to play without having to sit out after a few moments for fear of passing out. I couldn't quite wrap my mind around how very excited I was to finally be completely physically healthy, but it was going to happen soon. I hoped. Slender limbs that were still a tad too long for my body scrambled to pull my frame forward as quickly as possible once the broken and shattered wall of the Edge came into view. Excitement and uneasiness began to drift through my veins as I wondered if this was the right thing to do? Was it right of me to leave what family I had in hopes to get my heart fixed by a god that I had only ever had one interaction with? But then, he did say that this was my only chance. What if I were to never run into another god and my heart would remain a defect for the rest of my earthly life.
A snort tore through my paper thins as my dark daggers took their last step of entrance into the Edge before coming to a halt. I sighed before sucking in a deep breath and calling out to my adoptive parents, preparing to rock their world once more. "Papa Ruske!!!! Momma Eva!!!!" My high pitched, girlish voice bounced off of the trunks of the many trees that grew in the Edge as the words made their way to find the ears of the chestnut and the bay, calling them to me. I knew they would come, they always did.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Ruske] & @[Evangeline]
Words;; 448
Notes;; Just let me know if either of you are too busy for this thread and we can postpone it a little longer.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"Momma Eva!!!!!"

'Little one calls.'

"I know." Evangeline murmured to the dragon perched on her back. He stood on all fours, his neck stretched out as he looked around the sparsely wooded section of the Edge they stood in. Chestnut ears tilted forward as she listened to the dying echo of her adopted daughter. She didn't sound like she was in trouble, which made the orange mare breathe a sigh of relief. The child was like her own children, independent and always exploring. She let them go off and experience the world and they always came back to her more knowledgeable than when they'd left. She often wondered if her allowing them to explore alone made her a bad mother. At times she suspected that she was a horrible mother, especially when she'd left her children in Helovia because they had wanted to stay.

Eva sighed and shook her head as if that simple movement would shake free the thoughts that had cemented themselves in her mind. They may lay dormant now that she was busying herself with her youngest, but they would flare up again and would plague her like a rock in the hoof. "Faeanne?" She called out as she began to move forward. "Where are you?"

'Near border.' Tallis suggested, which confused his bonded. Why would the filly wait near the border when the Edge was her home? Evangeline transitioned into a trot as he waved her way between trees and bushes. "Faeanne!" She called out to the filly once more.

"."
@[Faeanne]
Credits

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
I Could Be The One To Set You Free.

As I had guessed, it didn't take long for my adoptive parents to come in search of me. They had only been taking care of me since I was weaned and already they were better parents than the original pair had ever been. Of course, I didn't remember much of either of them, but I did know that leaving a young child alone in the world was a sure fire sign of bad parenting. I sucked in a deep breath as I heard the chestnut mare's voice echo through the Edge, calling out to me, questioning my whereabouts and surely confused as to why I was so close to the border of the lands that were my home.
I could feel the nerves beginning to react explosively as I knew what was coming when my momma found me. I knew she would know right away that something was up, because that's what being a good mother was like. Knowing when something needed to be talked about before the offspring even had a chance to open their mouth and waste precious oxygen. "Faeanne!" The mare called out once more, her voice much closer this time. Shaky limbs struck out in the direction of momma Eva's voice as I whinnied out towards her in efforts to draw her closer to me as I headed further into the lands that would soon no longer be my home.
I wondered what her reaction would be, would she follow me to the Throat? Or would she instead disown me and leave me to fend for myself as my biological mother had? I didn't believe that the second option would happen, but with the way the world was these days you could never be too sure. I could feel a lump beginning to form in my throat at the idea of possibly losing another set of parents so soon after losing the first. A shiver passed over my frame as my darkened kissers parted to call out to Eva once more. "I'm here!" I managed to keep the emotion out of my voice, for the time being. As my limbs ceased their forward movement just inside the tree line I sent a prayer up to the god of sun that this conversation would go over smoothly.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Evangeline]
Words;; 381
Notes;; Take your time replying dear <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker