[PRIVATE] Let The Sound Take You Away

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
i'm so happy 'cause today i found my friends
they're in my head

It had been weeks now that the floating island had suddenly just come to be, hadn't it? Few had found their way up there, and you had caught wind that most just fly there.. but one problem: You're the minority around here and -thus- cannot fly with "thus" one of us properly stands up and wiggles a chipped finger nail in the air like a cocky old man wearing a monocle. There had to be another way up there though, and you were determined to find it. Early in the day, you ventured away from the red-duned outlet, following the rim of the ocean until you begin to smell the always churning lava fields. Completely unaware of what the Veins even look like, you slow your pace to a crawling walk, skull dropped low to look around carefully.

Ouija prances along beside you, unaware of what the two of you were off to find this time, but as far as she was concerned, it was an all one big adventure. Her long pink tongue sticks out between front teeth, folded against ivory teeth as she pants against the heat. "Look at it." You mumble softly, dull eyes watching the thick layer of clouds that are now the only visible thing in the sky. Your chipped hooves find themselves climbing over rock and weaving away from strange blue molten lava, something that you are extremely unsure of. The only lava you have ever seen was near the Heart, and it was orange and yellow and red, just as it should be, right?

A soft growl comes from your side, and the young fox lays her ears back, dark eyes cast up toward the sky. Instinctively, you freeze in your steps, your muscles tensing up and your ears perking up to listen; bloodied nostrils draw in large breaths, searching for any lingering smells, but all you can seem to find in this already hot air is just more dry air and rolling blue magma. What the fuck?! one of us shrieks from our white-washed apartment, flinching away from the strange white mist that you watch form around you. Ouija starts barking madly, growling and snarling at the cloud, until it begins to drift upward. You stand frozen still, your sides heaving wildly while rummy eyes dart around, trying to watch the rocky earth disappear below you.

For a moment, the ocean and the blue magma laced island disappear and the world all becomes slightly cold and white. Silent and bothered, your canine companion curls around your right foreleg, her ears laid back and her hackles raised in an unsure manner. The mist wisps around your bodies like fog in the wind, never daring to actually touch before sailing away in smooth lines. Finally the sky opens up again, your never-ending gaze squinting at the intensity of the light high above; being even this close to the sun, the air is no hotter than down below.

It seemed to take forever before the cloud began to dissolve from below all eight feet, evaporating into thin air and leaving green, solid earth below you once more. If you had brows to raise, you surely would right now: both you and the mutt stand in silence, her fur smoothed back down and your breathing have returned to normal, mismatch eyes taking in the beauty of the newly found land. Full, pink trees stood around everywhere, fluffy, billowing clouds floating along the rocky edges of the island like sleepy guardians. A soft, constant breeze that seemed to be picked up off of the ocean left a salty scent to the air; pure bliss is all you could think of.

And excited yip and a wagging tail brushing against your upper leg cause you to drop your attention from floating cherry blossoms to the growing fox, delight playing in her oil-drop eyes. A gentle smile rolls across your ruby lips, ears rotating calmly. "Isn't it beautiful?"

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: @[Aurelia]

Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>
"Isn't it beautiful?" I know this voice, but from where? I can tell it's a masculine voice, so my options are narrowed down some, at least. I hear the voice wafting around behind me. I don't know if I want to look back. All the horses I've met, have not liked me (for the most part), so I assume this is another one of my enemies. Currently being in a good mood, I decide not to turn around, not yet, anyways. I let my cranium drop to the tender green blades of grass, my lips gliding across each and every blade, as if searching for the perfect place to take a bite out of the grass. Upon finding this perfect spot, I open my mouth and grab a huge mouthful.

I curiously wonder who is near me. I want to avoid my enemies, for now. I don't want to spoil this place with my childish arguments. The land is nice when it's quiet, I would hate to be the one that ruins peace. Of course, they say curiosity killed the cat, and it did this for me.

I spin around to face my company. My jaw drops open to form a giant 'O' shape. "V-Voodoo." My voice is timid and small, yet loud enough for the stallion to hear, the stallion with the bloody lips. Voodoo, the father of my lost child. The father who I should've stayed in contact with. "Uhm.... sorry." Sorry for everything. Sorry for letting you mate me, sorry for being rude, sorry for letting you allow me to be part of your life, even if my part is insignificant. Unsure of what to do, I turn away and begin walking away from the stallion. I'm sure he doesn't want me around anyways. Why would he? I'm a horrible mare.

talk talk talk talk
ooc:; voodoo can stop if he wants. if he doesn't i'm sure aurelia will stop and come back. :3
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Voodoo
they're in my head

Soft pink petals float through the air with an elegance that only nature can create; the detached flowers sailing through the air with the least bit of care in the world. One in particular catches your eyes, dragging you from the tree it had fallen from to the golden patched rump it twirls around before landing on the ground.. Aurelia's golden patched rump. It seems that she notices you just as you notice her, but Ouija -completely oblivious and still distracted- hops after a loose petal, chomping her strong teeth together in attempts to grab the pink leaf from the air. "V-Voodoo." she stammers, your eyes meeting in an awkward stare; sure, you're used to others' eyes catching yours, but it usually doesn't last for very long, thanks to your inability to drop eye contact. Slowly, your jaw becomes slack, a million words rush your brain, but all you can focus on is the fact that she is here alone. They're around here somewhere we begin grumbling, searching for the two foals that should still be hiding beside her to hide from the scorching Tallsun heat.

But, neither of them are here.. No Ryuu, no Faeanne. Where could they be? A concoction of panic and anger sparks in your chest, but on the outside you just look completely brainless: empty eyes stare at the golden-flecked mare that you had shared such intimate moments with only to never even learn who she is, jaw hung slack and immobile due to the thousands of words being stuck behind some kind of invisible wall that we too cannot break through.

Not enough time is given for you to decipher what these feelings actually are before this tasteless bitch's next words hit your heart like a board full of rusty nails: "Uhm... sorry." With that, she tries to act like you aren't even standing here, merely a few yards away from you, and walk away! The nerve of this c- we swear up and down, calling the gold-flecked woman who has wrapped your brain in barbwire and tugged nice and tight every name in the book. "Aurelia!" you attempt to shout, but the needy beg in the back of your throat finds it's way out to make you sound desperate.. but who are we kidding? We all know you are.

"Aurelia-" you choke out, hoping that she will stop before walking too far away; long legs pick up, carrying you toward her in a smooth trot before she can gain too much ground, "please. Where is Ryuu?" Your heart pulses heavily and feels like it's sinking into your stomach, fear of tragedy or death threatening to choke you from the inside out. Antsy and confused, you swing around to her right side, your back side dancing out wide to face her and attempt to stop her from walking again.

Deep down inside, you do want to ask about her well-being as well, to walk with the lone girl and search the island together and grow to know eachother.. to try to figure out what ever drove her to never seek your attention again. But, instead, your fatherly instincts -rusty and unsure, yet- cry for you to know about your son. Your only son.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

baylee
Aurelia</style>
I begin walking away from him. Away from the stallion that has learned about me on a more intimate level. I do not turn back, even when he calls out my name, but I do halt. My heart is conflicting with my mind and I try to concentrate, to figure what to say, but even with deep concentration and thought, I remain speechless, unable to speak. He says my name again, and I crane my head towards him to look at him. Then, he does what I was hoping he wouldn't do. He asks about Ryuu. He is asking me about his son. I lost the child. I literally have absolutely no idea where the foal is. I assume Faeanne is still with Ruske and Evangeline, but I am unsure of that, too. Slowly, I swing my hindquarters around and begin to walk back towards Voodoo. I'd rather not be walking back, but I can't leave him there. He will worry about his child.

"They are with families who can take care of them." Well, only Fae is, but I assume Ryuu is with a nice family, too. Hopefully he is, at least. "When we spoke last, I told you to join my herd, so we could raise the children together. If you had done that, you would have your children now. I can not take care of two children alone, and you very well know that. Considering I was two when I had them, I could barely take care of myself. They are safe now, away from me. And Voodoo, it is not normal for a stallion to care about his kid so much, yet not want to be a part of their life." At first, my lyrics are sugared and sweet, but when I say the last part of my mini-speech, my words are cold and my eyes are narrowed. I look at him thoroughly, almost staring at him. Yea, maybe I'm a little bitter about him not staying with me. Maybe, just maybe, I'm fucking pissed off at him somewhat. He has nerve asking me where his children are. Why in the world does he except a just turned three year old to know where his kids are. It's not like I wanted them. If he cares so much about them, he can see them himself.

talk talk talk talk
ooc:; <3

image credits

Voodoo
they're in my head

Those pale golden eyes watch you with a deep intensity, and even though there's nothing to exactly focus on within those shimmering irises, you can feel them like hot blades of steel. Your bodies meet at an awkward angel and Aurelia turns outward and you come to her side, now leaving a face to face conversation as you had hoped would come, but the small distance and concentrated energy makes you uncomfortable, leaving you to take a few steps backward - out of harm's way, really. Red rimmed ears tilt forward as she begins to speak, explaining her side of the story: "They are with families who can take care of them."

What? we all echo each other, our faces and palms pressed against the back of your eyes like little girls watching a bouncy puppy through a glass pane. Silently, your bottom lips quivers, the exact same word trying to form along your mouth, but never even whispered. The young mare continues on, explaining that she had wanted you to stay and help raise both children, that she was too young to do it on her own. Stumped, ashamed, and now embarrassed, you can feel your flesh heating under dark fur and your legs attempt to quiver; She was only two?! we erupt into laughter, throwing jokes around about the two of you as you stared in alarm.

Just as they had when you had met your son, Aurelia's words all begin to fade into each other and it is difficult for you to tear apart what voice belongs to who in your head. "And Voodoo, it is not normal for a stallion to care about his kid so much, yet not want to be a part of their life." Yes, that was her, not us. The laughter stops and we can feel your stomach basically boiling. "Not be a part of his life?" you repeat in a low key, ears beginning to tip backward. Murky eyes bore down at the mare who glares back, the anger now making itself present on your features; black eyelids slide into slits and nostrils flare wide, a sharp snort rattling your entire sinus passage.

"You gave me no choice!" your voice has dropped from it's unsure, passive tone to an aggressive growl that nearly scares yourself. "I was told to go or leave, and I surely would have stayed if I would have known that you needed me! You didn't seem to want me to stay around." And as for being a two year old, wooowwww, good job there! we laugh and criticize from inside your head, pointing out the numerous traits that easily could have allowed you to see that she was still very young.

"Do not tell me I didn't want to be a part of my child's life." you finally finish, ears pinned back against curly black hair.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

baylee
Aurelia</style>
Suddenly, what I was trying to avoid happens. Everything starts off slowly, but crescendos into what I can already see turning into a heated argument. "Oh, I gave you a choice. I told you that you could stay and raise our son together, or you could leave. And you left." My ears slip backwards and flatten against my neck. How dare he say this? He 'didn't have a choice' my ass! He had a choice. He left. He left. I did not kick him out. He made that decision on his own. He tells me that it seemed like I wanted him gone? BULLSHIT. I told him he could stay. If I wanted him gone I would not have even let him see his child. I would have chased him away and yelled putrid names at him.

"If it seems I may not want you to stay, you should have said something. If I were you, and I wanted to be around my kids I would've said to back off, but guess what? You didn't do that, Voodoo." My words drip venom as I spit my words at him. Fuck this islands peace, I'm about to get pissed off and start yelling at this stupid stallion. I bare my teeth at him as he speaks. Voodoo is really not making this situation better. "I can tell you whatever the hell I want to tell you. You don't tell me what to do. If you wanted to be in your child's life, you should've spoken up instead of hiding in your dog house like a scolded bitch!" My words are harsh, yet they reek honesty (in my opinion, at least). I feel my body ache to use my flames, to burn this boy's body until he is unrecognizable. I yearn to make him learn. To make him apologize, to make him realize that he left. He willingly left. I gave him a fucking choice to stay, and he said no.

talk talk talk talk

image credits

Voodoo
they're in my head

Your tail snaps back and forth, the tight curls decorating the ends of the hairs bounce against gravity on the downswing, popping around like that of a playful child's head full of hair. The two of you are anything but at peace right now, and your brain begins to mold an opinion that, perhaps, this island is not what it was set out to be; what in Helovia, was what it appeared to be anyway? Not a thing.

Aurelia retorts, her ears slammed back against her neck, the words all hitting you like heavy bricks stuffed into a tattered pillow case. You find yourself backing up even more every second, scared that she will loose her sense of sanity -Or what she has still anyway! we laugh- and attack you, so your tail tucks between your backside like a scared dog. "You don't tell me what to do!" the knot-headed vixen continues, those sun-like eyes still staring holes into your soul. Now, with nothing to say and an ever-growing ball of guilt growing in your gut, you drop your crowned skull in defeat, no longer wanting to hear her harsh words.

Really, as you think about it and process her words, she is right.. and you are in the wrong. Why would you have ever left her in the first place? Why would you have ever left your children? Sure, Fae may not be your own, but it doesn't seem that Rostislav has come around to help young Aurelia out either. Tears threaten to cascade down your dark cheeks, but you blink them away quickly, scared to cry in front of someone who already thinks you're so weak. Who already knows you're weak.

It has been a few seconds since the golden-flecked mare stopped speaking and the salty wind has occupied the now open space between you two, allowing the fresh scent of ground petals to hit your nostrils. With your head hung low and eyes cast down, you try not to choke on your words. "You're right." Too bad you're such a pussy, otherwise you may have won this argument we grumble, walking away from our windows to plop down in ripped and destroyed chairs. "I know nothing about you, how could I have known that you needed me? You should have asked."

The more your mind processes her words, the more and more frightened you become.. not only for your child, but for yourself as well. You never were prepared to take on a life that didn't belong to you.. Hell, you hadn't even been able to keep a balanced mind until Ouija came around. Damn it, where'd that mutt go? we growl from inside your skull, looking around for the canine who happily chasing flower petals.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

baylee
Aurelia</style>
After scolding him furiously for a few minutes, and telling him how he was wrong, we achieve a breakthrough. His head hangs low as he seems to have accepted his defeat. He says two words that I rarely here. Pride swells up inside of my gold laced bode. I have actually won something. With my moment of anger and frustration gone, my ears perk back up and the malice leaves my eyes. Even if he still doesn't understand to shut up, I do not become angry again. "I was not aware that I needed help." This is the truth. I had no idea that being a mother would be so hard, but it is as if my maternal instincts never woke up. It's like I was meant to never be a mom. I guess the world planned that no one would think me sane enough to mount.

I step closer to him, but not in a threatening way. More like a friendly way. Every now and then, he had backed away from me, but now I aim to close the distance between us. I stretch my muzzle towards him. "I'm sorry I ever dragged you into this mess." My voice is soft and sweet. With the malice gone, I am hoping we can have a civilized conversation now. Perhaps even get to know ourselves better. I would not be offended if Voodoo rejects my sincerity and gets angry at me again, but I do hope if we start fighting again, that I can best him, or that I will be able to just leave. I no longer wish to fight, but if it takes a fight to stop fighting, so be it. We will wage war if that is necessary. As I have proven time and time before, I am not afraid to burn those that deserve it, but in this moment... Voodoo doesn't deserve it at this point in time.

He glances around, seemingly looking for something. One of my lobes twitch backwards, listening around, trying to locate what Voodoo seeks. "Have you lost something?" I ask him, genuinely curious, but the way I strung the words together stings a new wound. I've lost Shilva, but she is something I will never be able to find again. No matter how hard I look, I've accepted that my reptilian friend has moved on. Even if she isn't here, her memory is forever ingrained into my mind and soul.

talk talk talk talk

image credits

Voodoo
they're in my head

Eye to eye once more, you can feel the anger spill from those molten eyes and drip from every orifice, pride seeming to riddle itself all over her face; this mare is so young, her mind still can't even keep up with her. But, then again, neither can yours, so who are you to judge? We shake our heads at you, "tsk"-ing as you allow the corners of your lips to droop into a dissatisfied frown. "I was not aware that I needed help." the mare breathes, her ears pressed forward as if none of the arguing and yelling had even happened, those empty -yet so bright- eyes on your own.

Then, she pulses forward, neither the movement or action in itself threatening, but you cannot help but shutter; your knees buckle as if you must catch yourself before falling and the muscles become tight in your shoulders and narrow hindquarters. Her gold-striped nose draws into your personal space, her hot breath invading yours and causing a strange feeling to stir in your belly; was this what it felt like when you two had.. Done the deed? Who knows, you were pretty wasted after a while we laugh, clinking together fake glasses full of the imaginary liquid that your friend packs around in a big bottle.

"I'm sorry I ever dragged you into this mess." she huffs, her soft nose finally reaching far enough out for you to have to meet half way; unsure, but respectfully, you reach out as well -slowly- until your snouts are pressed together softly. "It.. it's okay." you respond quietly, not quiet sure what to say other than that it was okay.. when it had happened. But now, from what she had said just moments ago, you hurt. Your heart hurts.

A couple of seconds pass, your mind briefly leaving the moment in now and searching for Ouija. Only a stone's throw away, the excited fox has found herself a small branch.. after she tried to scale a thick cherry tree to snatch some of those pretty pink petals. Occupied by her new toy, she lays on her belly with the bark-less piece of wood half destroyed and pressed between white paws, her tongue slipping out further than what would seem normal to drop the bark chunks from her jaws. "Have you lost something?" Your snout pulls back from hers, ears rotating forward as shallow eyes flicker around quickly.

Through your massive range of emotions right now, Ouija cannot tell if you are worried about her, or what may be going on right now, but out of habit shows her face. Up on all four, she grabs her gnawed on stick and hobbles toward the two of you with it half-dragging on the ground, saliva running down the thing like water. Once in view, she growls playfully and you settle, dropping your head slightly to reclaim a comfortable posture. "I think she loses me more than I do her." you chuckle softly, an innocent grin playing on your lips at the sight of your happy bonded.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

baylee
Aurelia</style>
I reach out to touch him, to make sure he is real. To make sure all of this is real. He reaches out and touches me. The warmth of his muzzle reassuring me that he is really here. That this is really happening. I feel something happening in lower half, so I quickly retract my muzzle. I feel fireworks when I touch him, but I am ashamed of this. Destry is my mate. Not Voodoo. Voodoo was a one time thing, and even if sometimes I do wish we could happen again, I know that option is far off the table. Destry would never forgive me if I laid with this stallion. She could not even forgive her mother. What would hold her back from not forgiving me?

I look down at the floor. I feel angry, sad, and quite turned on all at once. As Voodoo looks towards his friend, I do too. There is a fox with a stick. She is cute and lively, but I do not find this scene blissful and adorable. It feels as if someone has just driven a stake into my heart. Shilva was once that lively, but now she is very much dead. "I think she loses me more than I lose her." I blink my eyes a few times, unable to hear this without it feeling like my heart has been torn out of my body, ripped in half, and then shoved back in. "I've lost a few things in Helovia." Like my virginity. But more importantly, I've lost Shilva because I'm a foolish bitch. "I've lost my companion, but the thing is... my companion is gone forever." The pain behind my words is very clear. I slowly begin to turn myself away from Voodoo. I don't want to stay anymore. I don't want to be attracted to Voodoo. I don't want to feel sad. I don't want to think about Shilva. I don't want it.

I h-have to go. If you'd like to talk further meet me in the veins tomorrow." My voice wavers as I speak, but he should understand. I let my wings open with a loud swoosh. They are large and graceful, in a few seconds I am flying away from here. Away from him.

talk talk talk talk
ooc:; I figured we could end this here and then continue it in the veins? :D

image credits