the Rift

[PRIVATE] Rebuild What You've Lost

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Nervous, confinding herself to the endless depths of her mind while trying to hold weak conversations with Andromeda, where she does most of the talking, over herbs, things she would need to learn, what she already knew, and what she was wanting to learn, the blurry parts of her mind only worsened themselves. The World's Edge was a place she had never been to, but as a child, was brought to live in the fear of it, and to hate it. Living within the desert had offered her a gentle hand in learning that the World's Edge were allies that she had never come to know.
Now, she and her mentor were to come strolling to their doorstep holding a bag of herbs and offering them as a meaning of peace. Had her leader sent her out on a treaty mission, or was this one that would result in regaining the original ideas of the World's Edge.
Tying a thick, hard-to-untangle knot in the center of her chest, and pit of her stomach, the air temperatures change when the sight of tall pines announce the nearing home of a healer she was supposed to meet.
She turns her head back to Andromeda, looking for reassurance in the older mare. "Do you think they'll be welcoming?" In all reality, it was a dumb question. No one was meant to be welcoming when it came to strangers standing on their front porch. She knew it by heart, having learned from the Aurora Basin. Even Kri seemed aggressive at her father's and her's broken bodies at her border when they came begging for acceptance and a home. She'd meant to ask what happened to Kri, but the question never came. The small, winged horse with a lot of fire power in her voice had disappeared as far as she knew.
Beneath hazy skies, the World's Edge couldn't be more different than home in any other way. Each tree climbed to the sky, grabbing upwards. Cool breezes rolled from between their trunks, and it felt more welcoming than being blasted by dry, hot air, and smoldering heat that was in the Throat. Humidity even hung in the rafters, hinting that they had been blessed with rain. A prick of jealousy stabs in her stomach.
The bag is heavy, and ready to give the contents away. Once more, she checks with Andromeda as if she would be the one to announce their presence. Andromeda appeared braver than she was, but having figured out her flighted companion wasn't much for speaking, Sikeax clears her throat, letting go a whinny into the trees, desperate for the arrival of those in the trees.

OOC: Herb delivery. Please do not reply unless tagged, or Tier 2 and up to keep things moving swiftly.
Tagging Kahlua in case Sevin wants her to come in.

Herbs Include:
Aloe Vera
Anise
Boswellia
Devil's Claw
Myrrh

Herbs Gathered Here

@[Andromeda] @[Resplendence] @[Kahlua]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I follow silently between the filly, enjoying her company. Though it is just the two of us, and though we are silent in our travels, I feel warm inside. Company is all I ask for, it does not have to be vibrant or lively. Someday perhaps I will be more vocal and talkative, but that is not today. Sikeax does not seem yet to mind, and I take comfort in that. Not everyone understands or enjoys my silence. My wings tucked against my side, my starry side is less remarkable in the trees with little sunlight or moonlight to illuminate it. Oh well, perhaps this is a good, if insignificant, reason to live somewhere in the open instead of covered in the forest. That being said, the cool air is magnificent and refreshing. The heat of the Throat can be exhausting and increase the wear and tear of everyday life. I can't help but be thankful that there is a reprieve here in the forest. Sikeax turns her head back to me, asking if I think the Edge will be welcoming. There is apprehension and doubt in her voice, but I feel anything but. "I do. They are not so easy to anger, I suspect." I must admit though, this is more of a hunch than anything else. I don't know much of anything for certain about the World's Edge, but I have not heard anything untoward about them. The pale filly glances back at me again, wondering if I will announce us. True, the senior would normally be the one to take charge, but she seems to understand our relationship. I may be the mentor, but I am not outspoken and will happily let the young, excitable filly do the talking. She calls out to those that reign here, and a soft smile slips onto my lips.

I am not even sure who rules here - these matters are not always shared with me. I wonder if Africa told Sikeax who it is we were supposed to see. But then it occurs to me - a little late, to my embarrassment - that we may not be here to see the leaders. We are to give the herbs to their healer. But I do not know her either. I am not familiar with many in Helovia, keeping to myself and staying within the borders of my home. I have felt little need to venture out, except for the patrols to which I am assigned. My mind begins to wander, remembering my last patrols.. and wondering where my beloved Dalibor is....

"Speech."

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and your light brought me back again
There were people at their borders. That much, well that much was obvious. The way the call pierced the air did little to put this dun mare at ease. Valiance takes to the sky quickly, wings flapping and tail swishing uncertainly as he spanned across the borders until his eyes landed upon a pair of equines, one with wings and one with a horn. Carefully, he dove back toward where Resplendence was before letting out a few clicking noises with his tongue and getting his fellow companion to follow him closer to the border.

It was with uncertain steps that she pulled up near the border, eyes lingering upon the bag which hung upon the young unicorn's shoulder. She seems to be malnourished, which pulls a little at Res's heart strings, but it is all she can do to appear relatively stable in front of the pair. Valiance drops down upon her withers and allows his tail to swish repetitively in an attempt to give her something consistent to cling to. Golden orbs peer over the pair and seem to soak them in. One. Two. Three. Calm breath in. Four. Five. Six. Calm breath out. She shudders a little. "How may I help you two?" she inquires, eyes flickering between the two different mares who stood before her while Valiance puffed up his ever growing frame in warning. Seven. Eight. Nine. What was in the bag? Were they going to set their lands on fire? Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Please, just don't let them attack me…

Sevin told me that she won't be posting, so don't worry 'bout waiting for her ;3
@[Sikeax]
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Dark even when drowning in sunlight, the feeling that was being fed to her as of the World's Edge was one that spoke in volumes that this was a place that should be feared. While wanting to be fearless, she did nothing more than flick her tail in a casual way at Andromeda's words. The Assassins proved that the World's Edge could be easily angered, and the feeling was one that could never leave her. It was embedded, taught as a strong lesson as a child as a warning sign that it was smarter, wiser, not to bother the cliff herd. Now, standing this close, it was obvious the idea was meant for a reason.
Beginning to worry over if her call had made it far enough to bring attention to their presence, she fidgeted, shifting her weight from side to side, drawing her nostrils back further with each intake, swishing her tail more violently with her ears pulled to the sides. Someone would have to come, whether it was who she needed it to be or not. Embarrassment was a possible end result for each party.
Prepared to ask if they should leave, opening her jaws and turning towards the Sun Physician, a voice caught her off-guard. Feminine, nervous, sweet with a soft tone, but one that made Sikeax gather a thought as if the mare was fine. The one that appeared was beautiful, other that landed her to admire for a few seconds. Unprofessional as it might be, she wanted to compliment her. A small creature came with the lady, a vibrant shade, acting as one that was meaning to protect the female, and their home. Nothing other thana smile came forth.
"Hello, ma'am. I'm Sikeax, from the Dragon's Throat. This is my mentor, and Sun Physician, Andromeda. We've come with herbs for Miss Resplendence, for her rumoured herb garden, to add in. Would you know where she is?"
Introducing Andromeda felt odd, distasteful on her tongue as it rolled off. Would she be scolded? Doubtful, but there were spots to everyone that not even their birth mothers and closest friends knew of.
As for their host, her eyes were soft, body language welcoming to try to put her words to good use. She seemed so frail, as if she could break at any amount if a touch was wrongly placed.
@[Andromeda]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
There is clearly a very delicate way about the one that approaches us. Her figure and features are soft, her expression soft, her words soft. But oh how she trembles. Her trepidation rolls off her and is tangible to those of us standing near. I wonder if she could feel the calm that I hope to exude, and if that would help her. She asks who we are, how she can help us. I worry about the pale lady - it seems as if any answer would shatter her, even a pleasant answer for pleasant reasons. Surely this is not the leader of the Edge. A leader would need more fortitude and presence. So who is she?

Words start to come to me slowly, but before they can reach my tongue, the young and ambitious apprentice has already spoken. I blink a couple times, and the ear closest to Sikeax swivels toward her while the other swivels back. I had not expected the youngest here to speak before me. Not expected it, no, but I suppose I do not mind. She has introduced me properly and given me due respect and credit. I may note to her later that it is impolite to speak before elders, and before those in a higher position. But, since I am not all that loquacious, I suppose that is alright. Did I set a dangerous precedent by letting her dominate conversation in the Throat?

She asks for Resplendence, and I clear my throat. Words come easier, now that I have everyone speaking before me and want to assert myself again. I glance from the filly to the Edge mare before is. "You.. are.. Resplendence, aren't you?" I see the pinecone woven in the mare's tail and her timid nature just speaks to me as an earthy healer. It's only a guess.. But maybe it's a sixth sense that governs me into voicing such a guess.

"Speech."

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

The young girl with the horn introduces herself and the winged one beside her. Then, they ask for Resplendence. If she had been one to laugh out of anything but nerves there would have been a laugh flitting though the air because, really, they were speaking to her right now. Gentle eyes flicker between the two of them and then landed upon the winged one as she spoke out once more. She says that Resplendence was in fact before them and Res can only nod her head. Valiance pulls up the sky, stretching his wings and letting out a little puff of smoke. "I am Resplendence, and this is Valiance," she explained before shuffling her weight a little bit and starting to turn. "Please, come this way - we will rest and talk near the herb garden you've heard of. And, there, you can explain the herbs you've collected for me. I'm afraid I just barely know the plants which can thrive in the desert-like conditions,"

So, she started walking, heading back towards the area where her canopy and garden was. Then, when they arrive beside it, Valiance returned to his job of pulling up the canopy cloth and laying it around so that it actually served as her own little hiding spot. He had a few more hours of work left to do, carefully pulling up corners and placing it over the edges of limbs in order to spread it out. But, Res could already tell that it was going to be gorgeous. Really, she was so grateful for her herd members having given it to her. It truly gave her the ability to hide from the world for a little bit.
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x

@[Sikeax]
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Embarrassment takes over like a tidal wave striking a city built wrongly against the sea, drowning all the previous things that once stood and leaving the land barren. Her body flashed the signs without her consent in front of the two healers. Temporarily, the gaze that had before been placed firmly to the one now known as Resplendence shoot away to stare at something unimportant.
The red lizard with wings comes to take her attention back to where it should reside. She almost giggles at it's appearance, wanting to question what Valiance truly was. They're invited past the border before she can ask the question, mists lacing about her chocolate stained legs.
Within the confides of the mists is a place she's never seen before, one that has withstood the force of an invasion and still stands tall. No others come to them, yet while she wants to know more of those that lived there, today was not their day to do so. Resplendence and Valiance were the only ones that should hold her attention, and it was rude to wander an another's residence to find more of those that lived there.
The herb garden is more than real, but nothing of what she expects it to be. Their herbs would fit in well if they took to the soil. It then struck her that they may not survive with the sands that buried her home, leading to a small cringe and fears that their troubles might become short lived. Would the herbs even survive the Frostfals this far north?
"It's very beautiful." Nothing more than the weak minded, simple and lightweight compliment can take the mark she's made off her facial features, blue light now more noticeable in the dim setting.

OOC: I'm sorry for such a wait.

@[Andromeda]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren

The situation is calm and peaceful, as Resplendence confirms my suspicion of her identity, and welcomes us. I offer a simple smile as she turns and leads us into the World's Edge and to her herb garden. I'm pleased to find that it isn't too far away - not that I would mind getting a nice look at the herdland that I have never before visited. Rather, I'm more eager to discuss the reasons that we are here. As we approach I see that her companion Valiance is hanging a canopy to surround and cover the garden. Sikeax speaks the words that come straight to my mind. I smile and nod in agreement. "It is." I wish that we had something so relaxing and earthy out in the Throat. I enjoy the sand alright, but something to hide from the heat of the sun would be nice. Though, with the arrival of Orangemoon and the not too distant approach of Frostfall, the warmth of the sun may be nice. But then, deserts are rather treacherous - blazing hot in the day, freezing at night. It's been a long time since I've spent the winter season in Helovia, let alone the Throat. Who knows what it will really be like....

We settle in the garden and I move toward the bag hanging from Sikeax's shoulder. I open the flap and pull out the herbs one by one, setting them down on the ground so they are visible to all of us. Once they are all set out, I nudge Sikeax. "Sikeax can tell you about these herbs. I don't know if they'll be able to grow here, since the climate is different, but at the least you can learn what they are." I smile again at them both and step back, letting my eyes wander toward Valiance to watch him with curiosity and innocent interest.

WC: 312
Tag: @[Resplendence]

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

The unicorn of the group was quiet, though she couldn't suppose she'd rather otherwise. Quiet and calm were probably a few of the things she could ever ask for in this world. Alas, as they arrived at the garden there were only a few words from the unicorn about its beauty. "Thank you, I've worked hard," Resplendence offered back with a gentle nod of her cranium.

Valiance takes his place on her withers for a moment as Andromeda speaks up, saying that the young one will be explaining. "Of course, that is a risk we always take when trying to cultivate. But, we are trying to build a greenhouse - so maybe they will be able to stay," A gentle smile flickers across her maw as she shuffles in her place and looks with a definite interest at each of the herb which are now spread out across the ground.

Oh, she didn't really think that anyone would understand her intense love of the herbs, of the cultivation, of the quiet that it gave her. But, she didn't really care either. It allowed her to calm herself and keep the horrible nightmares at bay. So, as a sign of eagerness and thankfulness Valiance took to the skies and gathered a couple talon-fulls of multi-coloured flora from the area and returned. If the two mares were willing, he would easily braid them into their manes, to be taken out when the flora died. However, if they were not, then they would be gifted with the flora at their hooves, a reminder of the peacefulness that was surrounded here. And, later, if the herbs were useful, Resplendence would gift them with herbs grown in the Edge to bring back with them to the Throat.

SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT ;-;
College ate me.
@[Sikeax]
Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
With love