the Rift

[OPEN] Sidetracked

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

"Found a new place" she whispered across the bond, her mental voice as always carrying undertones of snow-capped mountain peaks, brilliant gems sparkling in a hundred colors and blinding white flames burning above bone-pale ashes. Over the long years Lace had been linked to the dragon he had come to understand that words was a very equine thing, something she always considered to be superfluous and redundant. Fajira rarely spoke in his language, and whenever she did the words were few and simple and always, without fail, accompanied by flashes of imagery that explained, enhanced and multiplied the meaning of what she wished to communicate. A simple 'yes' could be delivered along with a torrent of memories, emotions and reflections that threatened to drown him if he wasn't careful, lead him away on endless side tracks until he forgot what he was doing entirely. Sometimes it was a relief to be able to escape into the vivid mind of his companion; it was a complex and beautiful thing, a labyrinth of ideas and compulsions, of desires, dreams and impressions that always left the stallion with a sense of overwhelming awe. But at other times he wished she would keep all those visions to herself, so that he could keep his mind on things that seemed more important to him. Like moving south, rather than flit across the entirety of Helovia according to her whims.

"Good for you. Planning to come any time soon?" the grullo grumbled sourly as he pushed himself through the underbrush, course set on the desert of the south and with little interest in further detours. It was bad enough that the little White had dragged him all the way up to the Deep forest in her insistence that she wanted to hunt, he definitely wasn't in the mood for sightseeing. The sun stood high on the sky and beat down upon the creatures below with a persistent cheerfulness that didn't agree with the old stallion; it seemed like a summer day made for bathing in rivers, grazing on lush banks or lounging in the shade beneath vast oak trees - not struggling to find a path through a seemingly endless woodland with few trails and little to see that was of interest to anyone.

"No" Fajira replied simply, once again barraging him with images; silver-glittering fish splashing beneath green-tinged waters, a breeze playing across leafy vines and a multitude of colors dancing in the shade within a large stone structure as light broke through a material that was neither crystal nor stone. Lace blinked, the vision vanished. The mind-link was quiet, an expectant silence hovering like bated breath as the cunning dragoness allowed her grumpy soul-mate to make up his own mind...

With a sigh the gold-backed vagabond gave up and turned to go after her, refusing to admit even to himself that the place indeed looked both inviting and interesting. It was just to make the infernal pummeling of imagery to stop, he told himself, and not the promise of water, and shade, and a reprieve from the many buzzing, humming, flitting and biting insects that kept swarming around him. Just a quick look, and then they would get going again, to do what they had promised to do...

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark

you're gone and
i gotta stay high
— all the time

rarely ever does she step outside of the boundaries of her home, past the remnants of the glass wall. on this occasion she just needed to metaphorically breathe, leaving behind the misty pines for a fresh, new scape. now she wanders along in the land with no one but her dark avian to keep her company. but even now he was high above her, soaring with wings spread and head pointed forward.

gentle, hesitant and graceful steps were laid out in a neat, even beat of two. she dare not quicken it, not even slightly for fear that she may just shatter a fragile crystalline pillar and go stumbling onto the solid earth and break into a million pieces of sharp glass scattered out across the ground. although desiring the end of this second chance she did not deserve, she instead found herself trying to maintain it, instead of cracking open this glass frame to let her soul free she lets it remain bound. surely the gods who had gifted her this body would not save her here, but she did not see reason to waste this beautiful gift they had given her.

quietly she wanders, weaving through trees that tower above her, making her shrink away with such fear as shadows are cast down upon her, jumping as a small hued bird chirps and leaps out from a gnarled branch, heart racing as it flutters away. moments later a feather of the same crimson hue falls to her hooves, and she looks up to witness her bonded wrestling with the innocent little bird. a frown befalls her features, as she need not witness anymore death. she had no desire to but here she was, watching as the being that is tied to her soul perch upon a branch and pick apart the red corpse.

with no awareness of the grullo stud, she dances ever so lightly towards the rushing waters, delicate hooves teetering on the edge of the bank, looking down upon the swift water that rushes along, her reflection barely visible. with her frown softened upon her clear canvas, she breezes past the silken lilac curtains that drape over the entry way to the structure of steel and stone. from the ceiling glass of many various colors reflect down upon her, and she looks at them, twirling about the round stone floor of this rotunda. she sees but a faint flicker of her past, hooves skidding along the stone in a most ungraceful manner as her body trembles. she sees three structures similar to this, set ablaze with hungry red flames lapping up the flowers and vines that crawl up the spiraling marble pillars, devouring the satin curtains that hung at the doorways.

stepping back, she turns around and runs out through the curtains, panicked and afraid. a dark shadow swoops down to perch upon her withers, sweet words of comfort whispered to her through their telepathic connection. they were simple, basic words but in the tone they were spoken were quite calming. serene now, she slips slyly away from the structure and instead returns to the edge of the water, glancing over to admire the various flora scattered about this rotunda.

THANKS AVEY

Dsiox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dsiox
;

A slow and steady stream of water flowed in front of Dsiox's dark hooves. She stood at the very edge of what almost resembled a moving mirror. Her mane and tail were tossed ever so slightly in the small breeze. It rustled the leaves of the ancient trees that surrounded her. Small lily pads waded on the other side of the stream and were accompanied by tiny frogs. The air was so crisp and clear, laced with the perfume of the many different flowers that were around her. Dsiox saw that the breeze carried things of all different colors. It was like the aurora borealis, only in the air around her. There were brilliant pinks, blues, and purples that surrounded her body. They lifted her hair, tickled her ears, and traveled down the length of her face to her soft muzzle. Like hands they caressed her face and pet her peach-fuzz on her nose. They tickled her chin and lightly grazed their fingers along her cheek. She closed her eyes and leaned in to their endearing touch. The small egg, that was nuzzled in the crook of where her neck met her shoulder, peeked out to see what this was all about. Slowly it came to meet the breeze as well. The small and gentle hands touched the egg gracefully so as not to scare it. The wind picked up a tad and brushed past Dsiox's thin body. It rubbed her side before continuing on it's journey through the wilds. The hands billowed in the wind beyond them and in a swirl of color, it was gone.

The bright sun illuminated Dsiox's snow-like long eyelashes and a twinkle could be seen through her half-closed turquoise eyes. She waded into the stream until it reached her knees and just let the water lap over her delicate legs. Water is so rejuvenating...not that she really needed it. She was never in her head enough to become wary or stressed but however the case, it's pleasant for all walks of life. Even her little egg companion bobbed in and out of the water once it saw that the coast was clear and all was well.

text text text  
"blah blah blah."
dsiox's hallucinations  

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

He burst out into the grove with mane and tail full of brambles and leaves at odd angles, sweaty and out of breath and decidedly not in the mood for socialization. Yet the first thing that greets his pinched, sour eyes are the view of two lovely ladies meandering around (one was rather transparent and freaky to look at, he recognized her from the Sun God's audience and wondered briefly if her wounds had healed). Not sure whether he should stop and preen like another vain courtier or go with this roughish, disheveled appearance, Lace slowed down and shot his dragon a grim look as she came swooping over to greet him.

"You need company" she said simply without so much as flinching under his dissatisfied stare, though chose to simply swoop over him rather than settle on his back the way she usually did; perhaps she realized that he wouldn't allow it. The stallion grunted, disinclined to agree - what he needed was to get moving, unless he wanted to spend the whole winter in the desert doing whatever tasks their craftsmen put him at.

He couldn't very well turn on the spot and run off again though. It would be incredibly rude seeing as the mares surely couldn't have failed to notice his loud entrance, and frankly he was thirsty enough to drink half the pond, or so he felt. So, settling for a quick shrug that sent the pale mane flying atop the crested neck, the stallion managed to dislodge a few twigs and proceeded towards the water - muttering a rather gruff and disinterested "G'day" as he passed the women. He hoped they wouldn't try to talk to him. He really wasn't in the mood at the moment.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
The Store | The Warden

Absent Abyss

you're gone and
i gotta stay high
— all the time

elegant crown raised, slender neck stretching outwards as sight of a dappled beaut finds its way to her violet eyes. crystalline lashes flicker, head bobbing gently as she gazes wearily at the other fem, finding comfort and fear at the sight of another. ears reach forward, listening to the roaring waters and the sounds of the wind weaving through the branches of the leafy green trees. feathers ruffled, her light perches upon her withers with full moons focused upon her rear end.

from behind her a stallion of grullo, flesh of the back glittering in a divine golden hue. face marked with webs of a weaver, eyes matching the gold of the spine. scarred tissue scattered along the bodice, a white companion small and frail. ears flicker forward, curious about the small portions of the scaled being. with soft, lilac eyes landing upon the horned beast a wild fire of mad, white hot fear consumes her. bodice trembles, eyes growing wide and bottom lip shaking violently.

bodies flung into pits of red, burning fires that hungrily accept the carcass. sharp teeth of white cut through tender flesh, blood splattered across the damp earth. buildings of stone and concrete crumble, smoke rolling in over the ground. a doll hanging from the pale lips, ears laid back as familiar faces fade into the shadows, angry flames consuming their sweet, sorrowful features in but a heartbeat. ashes fall from the sky, blood falling like rain upon her golden pelt. tears slip down along her pale cheeks, mouth dropping open as a massive shadow looms, like a God from the skies it comes down upon her.

stumbling back with her eyes wide, taking a cautious step away to avoid the descendant of the vicious beasts. remaining silent despite the hello he gives, she keeps her lips sealed with fear spread out across her features. she feels the discontent strung through her light, dim and filled with worry. i know, my love, i know. she coos gently, quiet words whispered through the mind, shared through the bond.

taking a hesitant glance up to better see the faces of the unfamiliar equines, she looks back down for fear she will meet the gaze of one of the unwanted strangers. shuffling closer to the edge of the water, she does not step in, afraid she will be swept away by the current, looking up at the grey mare with the dappled bodice and flecked features.

THANKS AVEY

Dsiox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dsiox
;

The stream was very pleasant today. Dsiox wished that the wonderful aurora hands would return to caress her body. The small egg floated in the water and was swimming. The little thing seemed to be having a wonderful time. It was, after all, a beautiful day. She wondered if the egg enjoyed the water. She thought that it did...they did share a kind of connection. Not in so many words but Dsiox could feel a hint of emotion from it. So she knew if it was scared but it was harder to tell the happy emotions.

Rustling behind her caught her off guard and startled her a bit. She saw a beautiful stallion with a spiderweb crossing over his face. Sticks and debris were scattered throughout his tail, but he didn't seem to care in the least. This equine seemed...powerful. Dsiox wasn't fond of the emotions he projected into the air around her. These emotions were colored crimson and Dsiox wanted to steer clear of that. His gleaming amber eyes avoided Dsiox's gaze with an undeniable intensity. A white, scaled thing...like a lizard with wings, perched on his back. This thing had slitted eyes just as the horse. What a fitting pair. The snowy lizard was extremely graceful. It was almost hugging the massive beast that stood under it. Claiming the equine as hers, and showing a kind of love that said he was hers and she was his. For such a stern pair that was quite a surprising bond.

The dappled girl still hadn't moved and decided to just stay in her place. She hoped that the lizard couldn't spot her egg. She had begun to hold that little sphere very dear to her. Water lapped over her legs and licked the brown equine's hooves as well.

She decided not to say a word and was content with where she was, completely unaware of the glass beauty behind her.

text text text  
"blah blah blah."
dsiox's hallucinations  

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk
My hooves beat the ground softly, quietly, careful to not make much sound. Behind me, the desert that is the Dragon's Throat. With the love and good graces of my twin heart, I have departed that sandy shore and embarked to get to work on learning my trade. That's right.. a 'sleuth'. It's something I was supposed to have been working on while I was in the Falls, but I was much to preoccupied to do anything related to it. But now, knowing that I may settle down with her, I worry much less and may be able to explore the other aspects of my life that have been neglected for so long. Now my legs are taking me to a new area, somewhere I don't recall ever visiting before. It's green and lush, with sun shimmering down through the leafy tops. I hear voices in the distance, and I slow to a halt. I look ahead, peering with narrowed eyes. Sneaking. Well, this is some sneaking I can do. I move quietly, slowly, careful to not step on any big twigs or branches that I might snap and break. I stop behind some thick trees, overwhelmed with green life. I peak through, and see before me three bodies - none of them are familiar to me. Who could they be? It doesn't seem that there is any sort of lively conversation going on, so whatever it is I haven't missed much, I'm guessing.

A stallion and two mares. The stallion looking very similar to myself, a dark body with flaxen mane of the moon. He has what appears to be spider web on his face. I wonder if it is a marking, or if he walked into something unfortunate. One mare, perhaps the strangest thing I've ever seen in my six years. She is made of glass. I don't mean that as a metaphor, she is ACTUALLY made of glass. My eyes widen as I scan her body and see a deep red heart in her chest, but no veins, no blood. It's rather unnerving, actually, and I realize that I'm actually glad that I'm not in the middle of this group. The other mare is much more 'normal' (are there ANY normal Helovians?). She is a dapple grey Arabian, and I wonder if I've seen her before back when I lived in the Falls.. but I can't put a name to her face. What a strange trio they are... I stay in the brush cover and watch silently.

Walk. Talk.

OOC: Liquid timing of all of everything. Silk is working on 'sneaking', so please, take no notice ^_^
hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

LACE

Who, in his mind,
has not probed the dark water?

He lowered the head towards the water and began to drink, taking deep slow gulps all whilst trying to withstand the uncomfortable silence. He didn't want to be there, he wanted to turn on the spot and leave, escape the eyes that followed him with almost tangible intensity. Had he walked in on something private? The two mares seemed unrelated but their lack of interaction didn't have to mean anything at all. It could simply be the lull that is bound to appear in any conversation, a pause between words suddenly extended into awkwardness because of his arrival. Neither of the two returned his greeting, and Lace felt his mood grow worse by the second - couldn't they have the common decency to at least say hi?

Fajira was going to pay for this. It was her damn fault for dragging him over here, for sidetracking him when she knew perfectly well that he had other things in mind. They had a task to do - or well, he had - and while it wasn't a bad thing to take their time moving south, it just didn't do to purposely drag their feet (his feet, more like).

Finally, after a big, fat cleg had buzzed around his head and finally managed to bite a chunk out of his skin, the stallion had had enough. Jerking the head up so suddenly that both mane, water, gadfly and a few droplets of blood scattered everywhere he backed up, swirled around on his heels and set off at a brisk walk with a snort and a harsh glare at the unsociable mares - imperiously ignoring the nervous glances his dragon had been given by the glass horse, not even bother to acknowledge the staring gray and remaining superbly unaware of the third, unseen presence. Grunting something that could have been a "'Bye" or just a curse under his breath, the grullo gave the dragon in the tree a filthy look and ducked in beneath the trees again - not caring in the slightest about her protests that echoed across the grove, telling him to come back.

A few moments later, when it became increasingly clear that Lace wasn't going to do as she said, Fajira too slipped off her branch and into the air, flapped her pale wings to gain height - then disappeared into the sky.

[so sorry guys, Lace apparently didn't agree with this ^^; Feel free to continue anyway, you can complain about his lack of manners or something. <3]

Credits
The Store | The Warden

Absent Abyss

you're gone and
i gotta stay high
— all the time

the grullo takes what is required, which is but a drink from the crystal waters that churn along at her hooves before jerking his head back and turning on his hooves, fleeing through the forest, the beautiful trees seeming to welcome him with loving arms as his body fades into but a faint memory within her mind. letting loose a delicate sigh, she brings herself back a generous little step, gazing at the dappled mare before her who had also remained with her lips sealed. loosening her tense bodice once the stallion was no longer in her presence, she gazes at the mare, flicking her tail and letting the glass tassels drape over her thigh.

she turns quietly and without a sound, beginning to move away from the dapple, leaving her to her own devices. she leaves as swiftly as the wind weaving between the branches, as quietly as midnight under a full moon. she need not remain here, as this grey beaut did not appear the kind to take kindly to a rare, strange and fragile beaut like herself. besides, the quiet fem seemed more content by herself than with anyone else.

with hooves of crystal barely gracing the ground before striking the air, she leaves this familiar structure behind to return to her misty home, no longer pleased with the sunlight or the strange faces she does not recognize. she slinks away into the safety of the woods, slipping between the towering beasts of nature with her face washed over with worry, leaving behind the memories of the fierce predators that ruined her childhood, scarring her mind with blood, ashes and raging fires. she stops in the dense woods to let out a piercing cry of pain and sorrow before bolting forward to return to her home where she was most comfortable.

THANKS AVEY

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk

I stay hidden in the trees, watching silently. It amazes me that there is no conversation - at least since arriving. Are we all... mute? Though I watch initially with interest, there seems to be less and less going on. I note to myself to look for these characters in the future - especially the one made of glass, because what the hell! The stallion does not seem interested in the gathering either, and I watch him grunt and turn without another word. (If you can count the grunt as a word.) I think to myself that there is little if anything to report back home, and it would be better to find my own way out. I glance at the remaining ladies, and wonder when I shall see them again. For now, though, they are of no consequence, at least not to the Throat. Soon enough the one of glass is also leaving, and the only one left is the dapple grey mare. Should I follow one of them, or stay here with the dappled one? Does it even matter? I doubt any of them are really worth the time, at least this day. I sigh and turn tail, heading out of the Ancient Rotunda. Perhaps there is someone else to follow and quietly stalk. After all, that's why I'm here.. to follow and sneak and learn what I can, while getting practice at sneaking for my stealthy sleuthness. I hope that whomever I find is more interesting than these three, and I may learn something to whisper in the ear of my sweet and wonderful queen. Something that won't put her to sleep on the spot!

Walk. Talk.

hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.