the Rift

[OPEN] !! What Would You Do

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

When it was confirmed that the sweet, grey mare would be joining us on our journey towards wherever he was taking me to get this thing 'healed'. He said that it was not far and gave a direction before taking off in that manner. However, as I gave him a wide berth in order to create the comfortable space that came from the manners of my people, the grey mare stole my attention. Pink eyes blink towards her, not a word murmured yet. She asks if it hurts, if I will be okay to travel. A gentle smile flickers across my lips as she moves in and I allow her trembling lips to glide across my damaged wing.

Sweet lyrics fall from my mouth as I tilt my head ever so slightly to the side and allow a gentle shake, "It dost not hurt as thee believes it too. Mineself hast traveled for days upon days like this to no issue." I offer the explanation before stepping off and beginning to follow after the painted stag. "Please, do not worry thyself over mine well-being. Mineself is not bleeding out, mineself will be fine," I finished, offering a gentle nudge of support for Africa.

------

As they pulled up towards the looming walls of cliffs and the pounding sound of water as it crashes down from the heavens all I could do was stare up with wide eyes. They were full of uncertainty as I take in the grand creation before me and then glance around for Midas. "This is thine home?" I say, awestruck. "Did the heavenly fires not reach thine lands?" I inquire, not understanding how something so… so magnificent could still be standing after the state of destruction which my land had dealt with.

This was definitely turning out to be one interesting day…

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

Midas and Africa are here with her. This is open to anyone who wanted to mess with her that takes up residence in the falls - but please only join if you will do timely responses, or after 72 hours of no post from someone who isn't Midas/Africa I will be skipping, simply because I need to figure out which land she's choosing. Thanks guys ;3
@[Africa] and @[Midas] - no real posting order atm, so if Riven really wants to post first she can ;3

Coding || Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Our walk was uneventful and Laedere traveled well despite any discomfort she felt. Fina kept watch overhead for the unlikely chance that we’d run into trouble on the ground, and before I knew it we began to draw closer to the Falls. Hidden Falls, with its towering cliffs and overhangs; thundering water and semi tropical flora. This would be the first time that Africa got to witness my new home. I spared one eye to gaze back at her discreetly. Laedere was quick to voice her opinion as I halted our travels just outside the waterfall covering the secret entrance and path that lead into yon mountainscape.

Her wide eyes are almost infant like, “Aye,” I replied softly, “Welcome to Hidden Falls.” The wounded woman pondered about fire falling from heaven, I frowned just a little and glanced absently at the clear blue sky above, “Nay,” I said with assuring note, “There is no fire here.” Nor anywhere else in the land of Helovia. Aside from perhaps the volcanic territory bordering Dragon's Throat, “There is volcanic activity far south of here, but it is an ever burning fire that is limited to the confines of caverns and pits—has been for many a generation.”

As for things coming from the astral world above; I’d only seen falling flames once before. In a world that didn’t have time or space, a place that resembled dreamscape more than reality. Hot rain had fallen endlessly in that place of ocean and stone. I shivered unintentionally forcing a smile to replace disfavor. Fina cried out, she'd been circling our position, her flaming wings a brilliant contrast against the pale sky, 'Can ye find Kiara?' the firechild didn't pause to consider and was over the wall before a single eye could've blinked.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

She’d only ventured close by the border of the Foothills once before. It was a memory she cared not to recall (rampant wraiths and descending darkness), and Africa certainly could not remember what the north-eastern region looked like after that adventure. There had been no reason to wander so far beyond the Threshold in recent times though, so the unusual spatter of well watered trees took her quite by surprise. There was rubble between their small, sparse groups- she thought, as though the mountains behind had crumbled in part to scatter across and scar the land. Rock quite unlike the red and gold sandstone of the desert lay all around the path that the Gallant led them down- dark, black and marbled grey, as oppressing as the shadow she imagined them sliding beneath. If not for his presence, Africa feared easily that she’d be lost already and for that reason, presumably, the visitor found herself pressing a little closer.

At first she was not impressed, eyes fluttering politely, trying to express weak delight. Dragon’s Throat was wild and ferocious, delicate and beautiful; and as her thoughtful gaze roamed around the cluttered undulating terrain beneath her tentative tread, she found no comparison. Interesting also, was the fact that they seemed to be alone. The Starry-Eyed strained instinctively to listen to the world she was entering, to find the hum of activity within (that held him to stay), but alas there was only a strange, dull roar. She was almost sad for the stallion, her friend and brother; he’d been pulled from a thriving realm to bear the weight of what? A piping quail? Chorus of peaceful crickets at night? Softly and pensively she snorted, eyes coming to rest upon the steady rock of his powerful hindquarters.

Don’t be so fast to assume, the unexpected voice of her bonded interrupted. He’d flown far overhead in pursuit of the Phoenix, and knew better already that a strange valley was hidden ahead from her view. Ears flicked forward quickly as the exotic tongue of Laedere broke the silence at about the same moment, intrigued, and the Starry-Eyed looked quickly towards her. The injured mare’s captivated focus guided curious creamy eyes around Midas’s rump and up a towering waterfall spilling from cliffs in the sky. Again the green-hinted mare spoke of the fire-shower back home, and Africa chuckled quietly to herself. The Gallant assured her modestly that his home was quite free of such affliction. He spoke also of Helovia’s burning heart and Africa smiled absently, fondly, lulled by the cool tenor of his voice.

As Fina slipped away beyond a vast wall appearing to consist of weathered rock and plunging water at first glance, Silas tipped his own wings down. With faint starlight trailing behind, the night-bird swooped down towards the standing trio, and came to rest with an affectionate rumble across the dip of Africa’s silk dressed back. Will we stay? he questioned cautiously, trying to conceal his desire to explore the new range of his better cousin. I hope so, Africa answered, for a second peeking at the black and white Czar standing gloriously before the frothing white backdrop of falling water. Laedere will need time to rest... and fire twirled through her long thick hair, roused by the soft warm breeze.

Hidden Account
Laedere

He speaks and her eyes are drawn immediately to him. It is a soft voice, one probably meant to reassure her form as she stood there. He reassures her that there is no fire from the volcanoes that had taken over her home. She swallows once, just barely managing a nod. At least she won't have to worry about her entire world being burned again. "Mineself sees, thank ye," she whispers in response before stepping in a little closer to the cliffs. Her mind raced a little as she took in each little crevice of the cliffs. Africa was silent at this time, though, and she wasn't sure whether or not she should speak. Would it be polite, was it out of place.

She wasn’t sure if she cared or not, at this time, though. For now there was too much before her for her to not try and figure out some of this stuff. Her limbs shuffled uncertainly as her ears adjusted to the droning sound of the Falls. "How dost one go inside?" she inquires, vivid eyes looking between Midas and Africa for some kind of answer - assuming that they would be the ones who would know of this.

Now, she does not push as to where the healer is. She doubts that they will be able to do much more for her wing then was already done so she doesn't wish to waste their time. But, she will admit that she is slowly becoming very tired. "Is there some place where we might rest? Mineself dost admit that mine body is weary and mine throat is quite parched," she says, pressing her wings tightly against her bodice and allowing her feathers to ruffle a little back into place with the gentle breeze.

^^ wanted to keep posting since i know both of our healers are kinda busy

Coding || Image Credits

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm
The flax girl trotted to the general direction of her new home. She had somewhat forgotten where the entrance to her home was. This was all kind of confusing to the land's newbie, Dröm. Perhaps with the help of herd members and Sonya, she will learn the ways of the Hidden Falls and the Asylum. She begins to approach where she believes the entrance to her home is. Was it this waterfall?

With the help of fate, it seems she runs into three horses. One is a stallion that is painted black and white with ivory appendages that melt into the color of the sun. He wears a necklace, and she wonders why. It doesn't look like it would be much help to her, but she decides not to underestimate the necklace, for it could do something wonderful. Don't judge a book by it's cover! Her gaze flicks to the pale mare with the wings. She notices the bandage like cover that is tainted with blood, and something stirs in her gut. Did the Asylum do this to her? Dröm immediately jumps to absurd conclusions and begins to feel reluctant about joining her new home. With wild speculations already flowing through her mind, she glances at the third pegasus and her stomach drops. This one is missing her wing completely. She begins to sweat. Will they disassemble her like they did to them? Did the boy with the necklace make it out before they tortured him?

Her wild ideas get worse and worse each time she thinks about them. Dröm rather likes her body whole. It would be a shame to lose bits and pieces of it. "Good morning." She smiles, but her worries still linger in the back of her mind. She slows to a halt upon reaching them. "I am Dröm, a Gentrix I for these lands." Yes, she is the lowest rank, but she is still proud she is something. She wishes to become more. The Genetrix II or III spot would be lovely, but she knows that she must work hard to earn those spots.

"words"
ooc: I believe Abba said I could jump in here? If not, feel free to tell me to get out :P
x - x
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I’d introduced the pair to Hidden Falls with premature remark, neither had actually seen the real gem that Earth had created. It lay hidden behind those walls; said looming cliffs overhead were surely impressive in their secure stance. Patched limbs carried on just as Laedere began to question on how one would gain access. A small grin slide gently forward, one that they likely didn’t see due to an angled frame that was turned far from prying eyes; yet it remained all the same. “This way, and mind thee footing – water can make yon rocks slippery.”

Another mare appeared from the direction we just traveled up, unadorned crown turned to regard the creamy girl. Before much curiosity could be mustered she spoke up and announced herself as Drom, a clanmate. I nodded, bending chin to tap against the honeyed gem emended in my silver collar, "Well met Drom," she was unfamiliar to me, likely another newblood, "I am Midas, Czar of Hidden Falls." To my company I motioned toward the dappled sand child, "Africa, Sultana of Dragon's Throat," eyes shifted kindly over to the painted woman with a wounded wing and worn expression, "and our new friend, Laedere."

Formalities could be continued along the way. Instead of lingering around for more chatter I pushed on, the stones clicking with each tapping hoof; gold spread beneath my feet. Scattering in plain view before disappearing as this presence fled that particular spot. Granite and various varieties of soft quartz pitched into a well formed path that seemed to angle alongside the smooth cliff. Our wounded friend asked if there was a place to rest, I nodded, shifting neck round, “Aye, just ahead.”

On the rocky steps there was ample space for a horse of larger girth to manage this climb; I leaned forward and started on again, leading them up said path and into a cave that lay behind the towering waterfall (which offered itself a natural shield against those that might do us harm.) The air inside the cavern was cool and moist, liquid dripped from the carved walls and a bright light glimmered at the other side. Tiny, insignificant droplets were struck by sunlight, they littered shimmered and seemed to nearly glow.

I maintained a steady pace and in a moment we'd passed back into the sun. Emerging on a shallow cliff with yet another waterfall coursing powerfully alongside. Our vision is treated to a bowl shaped mountain scape that stretches in all directions, timber of various size and color rise from the ground where snaking streams turn into rivers and those bending waterways form distant lakes. Coniferous trees litter the valley and climb along the stones, more rapids slide down in powerful waves at various points and different elevations.

A small slice of paradise for some.

Angling toward the edge I motion down and show them the path that would carry us forward and down to the lowest elevation.

with you, with you

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

The day is a lovely one, with brilliant blue skies just barely tinged with ivory wisps that float far above. The roar of the Falls are more distant in the centre of our herdland, and I find the birdsong surrounding me extraordinary. It never ceases to amaze me, the myriad animals to be found in our home. Each species has a slightly different colour, and many of the birds' hues vary across the entire colour spectrum - my retinas are alight with a rainbow, and as I relax in the shade of a large tree, I bask in my rainbow's glow.

The peace is short-lived, however, for it is not long before a familiar shape interrupts my solitude. The Czar's fiery bird (I'm not sure I ever quite caught her name, but somehow I am sure she is a girl - perhaps it is instinctual, but I will ponder that later) has swooped into view. She lands in the tree, peering at me, and then flies away, turning to hover in the air as though waiting. Intrigued both by the zephyr's odd behavior and the possibility of seeing her bondmate, I followed at a gentle lope. She is presumably pleased with my pace, for she flies ahead of me with seemingly little complaint.

I meet them on the inner side of the path leading to the Wilds. I am slightly winded, in the way of one who has just enjoyed a light workout, and I offer a broad grin to my two herdmates and their companions. "Midas," I say with noticeable warmth, nodding to the Falls mare with him. I'm not sure of her name, but she certainly carries our scent, and I think I have seen her around before. To the others (a pretty, one-winged grey pegasus; and a cream-and-teal, injured mare that looks surprisingly similar to myself, if I lacked a horn and had wings), I offer a different greeting. "And friends. I am Reizend, an Educatrix of the Hidden Falls. How may I be of service?"

"Talk talk talk."

Hidden Account
Laedere

Her eyes swing over towards the new creation. This one without wings at all. You see, perhaps it was confusion which was strewn across her face now, but it was definitely some kind of emotion. Those without wings had not existed in her lands. This didn't make sense, not at all. However, she was greeted kindly enough and so she hesitantly nodded her head in greeting to the chestnut mare before her. "Where is thine feathered appendages?" she inquires before glancing around and then beginning to follow as Midas led them up the steps and into the Falls. He introduced everyone before going all the way in and she followed suit, carefully picking her way up the slippery steps which had appeared.

And, when they finally made it to the bottom it is a land of water and trees which meets her gaze. It is peaceful, she would admit, and quite homey for the moment. Then, yet another appears who is missing the wings which had graced all of her kind. "What exactly tis thine positions of 'educatrix' and 'genetrix'?" she continues to ask before flicking her wings out and allowing the bandage to begin to trail on the ground again. It was comfortable, at least for her, though she didn't quite understand why everyone else had believed that it could have been healed when her own healers had managed little more than this. The blood had stopped - the bandage just gave the illusion that it was still happening. Oh well, perhaps they could do more. Yea... she doubted that.

Riv said to skip Africa this round ;3

Coding || Image Credits

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm
The greeting from the painted stallion makes Dröm smile. His words are strange, with added yons and whatnot. He speaks a special kind of horse-talk. It makes her giggle softly, but not in a rude way. Dröm is a mare that is rarely rude. If she does become rude, it will not be unprovoked. He introduces himself ad Midas, then tells her the names of his friends. Africa, the one-winged Sultana of the desert, and Laedere. She smiles and dips her head, muzzle inches from the grass blades. As her head rises, Laedere asks a question. The question is strange. She asks why Dröm does not have wings. "We are different species. You are a pegasus, the type of horse with wings. I am just an equine, a simple horse. There are some with horns, and they are called unicorns." It was strange that she hadn't seen any like Dröm. It felt awkward and strange explaining it to her, but Dröm would do it thousands of times if that's what it took to make this stranger understand and respect the different species.

Midas begins to lead them up the stair-like pathway. This is when Dröm can watch this new mare and learn about her. Midas leads, this foreigner follows, then it's Dröm's turn. Midas had warned them of slippery steps, so the flaxen chestnut mare was extra careful. She asks what the ranks of Genetrix and Educatrix are. She smiles happily, preparing to tell her. "They are ranks in the Hidden Falls! Genetrix is my rank. It's a wise one rank, meaning those that wish to be a storyteller someday, like me, start off in the Gentrix rank and eventually get promoted if Midas and Seele deem them fit. The Educatrix works the same way, though I am sure Reizend could inform you more properly in that rank." Dröm glances at The mare who told then her name was Reizend, as if passing the spotlight over to her. Then, her eyes glance forwards, at Midas' tri-colored body, wondering if her explanation did the ranks justice.

She begins to fall silent, her caramel eyes looking the gold, black, and white stallion over. She wants to know the stallion, as she thinks he seems rather sweet and well-rounded, unlike Lace, the stallion who had trapped the girl in the Rotunda by summoning a rose bush to enclose them into the building. At the time, there had been a thunderstorm, as if the weather was foreshadowing what was to come. And the white, flying, lizard did little ti make Dröm at ease. That entire experience had freaked her out.

"words"
ooc: edit: i just realized how bad this was. ._.
x - x

[/quote]
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Laedere voiced a question on the way down, I smiled and very nearly jumped to answer when Drom moved to fill in the gaps instead. Ears flicked back ever slightly, angling to catch their words above the roaring thunder that was our constant white noise. The chestnut woman answers readily and simply enough; satisfying the question without extra frill. When we hit bottom I’d already caught sight of someone weaving their way toward our position and a certain fire born bird heading back.

It was always a pleasure to see Reizend, and I got the treat of regarding said woman who was currently angling through the timberline just as Fina returned, her gaze alive and bright. “Thank ye,” I said, silent to all ears save her own. She shrugged, or did so mentally (avian creatures couldn’t really shrug midflight.) “Tis well.” The fire child replied without her usual bite or temper; those talons found my hindquarter without hesitation and she settled on the flesh without another word. Pointed gaze glancing over to find Silas before turning aside seemingly disinterested.

“Good to see ye, Reizend.” Crown bobbed, chin gently brushing the inlay below my collar. Before another word could be spoken Laedere asked something else, curious of our ranks, Drom again filled in the slots then looked at me as if seeking approval for the explanation, I nodded once, showing the confirmation the young girl appeared rooting for, a faint smile touched each corner of my lips, “Reizend,” gaze shifted back to the alabaster sea foam mare, “Laedere is in need of a healers touch, she has traveled far, could ye spare a moment to mend her wing?”
with you, with you

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

The group is small, but varied: Midas in all his glory, muscular and winged; another pegasus mare with only one wing, lacking the quiet strength of our Czar; the rather plain-looking equine who resided in the Falls as our Storyteller; myself, an oddly-coloured unicorn half-made of glass; and, of course, the subject of my ministrations, Laedere.

Laedere is lovely, or would be if she was not so broken. She is only just taller than I and is winged, though we match in many other ways. Her eyes, too, are pupil-less, and though mine are violet and hers are pink, I am intrigued by the similarity. There are not many in Helovia that I have seen with this feature. She is pale, with splashes of pale green along her haunches and strange markings around her eyes and on her left foreleg. That makes two of us who are oddly coloured; she with her green, and I with my teal.

The most interesting aspect of her appearance, though, is her wing. Bloodied and bandaged, long since injured (or so it appears to me), I am skeptical of my ability to do any more than has been done. Wounds were difficult to stitch together again, particularly the longer they sat - if I am to do anything at all, I will have to burn away scar tissue and Gods know what else before I can even begin to call the skin back together. Even then, the feathers will not grow back, and I an do very little about the missing flesh.

I catch the last part of the conversation, the Storyteller's pale blue voice explaining our rank system. I wonder if this means the broken pegasus is here to stay.

"And you, Midas," I return his golden greeting with a smile - the first true smile I've given since our meeting not so very long ago. There is something about him, you know, something that makes me want to dissolve the mask I wear around everyone else. I pause for a moment, allowing the swirling colours of our environment - emerald foliage, royal waters, brilliant flickers of bird song - to calm me. Then, I respond - but I do not speak to Midas. I speak to Laedere.

"I can try to mend your wing, but I cannot promise that it will be successful. It looks like an older wound, so there is likely to be scar tissue from previous healing or treatment. I will have to use my magic to remove this scar tissue before I can begin to stitch the skin anew; and even then, I cannot regrow the missing flesh and feathers. That is beyond my capabilities. I can make it so that you will not need the bandage, but I will not do so without your permission. I am sorry," I add, glancing at Midas and feeling oddly guilty for something that is out of my control. "I wish I could do more."

"Talk talk talk."

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

As they lingered a moment longer before the waterfall, the soft clop of hoof striking stone caught Africa’s ear. She turned to meet the approach of another horse, wingless, hornless, but fine with simple feminine grace. She introduced herself promptly as Dröm, strange, exotic even, and the one-winged grey smiled humbly and quietly as the black and white, gold-touched Czar replied on their behalf. Midas wasted no more time however and once names had been shifted through the growing group, he led them forward- guiding them apparently, much too silent Africa’s concern, right beneath the cascade of roaring water...

Beyond the small tunnel that lay behind the foaming, fluid mask, a valley that Africa would never have predicted spread before her. Broadening eyes absorbed it thoughtfully, listening to the warble of birdlife, quite impressed that Midas should have inherited a land so far beyond her expectation. The stallion led them onto a Cliffside path, and not long after, another joined them. The dappled Sultuna watched with baited curiosity and the slightest prick of jealously, as the mare (another far more glamorous than bleak grey and missing limbs) greeted Midas with observable warmth, and then addressed his followers on a far more cordial note- Reizend. Africa offered an unadventurous smile in return, but said nothing.

Laedere spoke soon after; a question which had crossed the Dragon mare’s mind already, but had been somewhat lost beneath her thoughts surrounding the unexpected display between Midas and his friend. Dröm was swift to answer and explain, and long charcoal ears swivelled beneath flame to listen. The ranks of this hidden realm were far different to desert titles and it quickly became apparent that Reizend would be with them longer; she was this herd’s healer, and Midas asked her to tend to the bandaged mare’s wound. Thick black and red tail swished idly behind, not annoyed, but uncomfortable all the same.