the Rift

Stranger in a black hat [OPEN]

Astrasza Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: m5Z0Uuk.png]

A perfect day out today; not too hot, the air is still, and the birds sing. What better contestant to interrupt the peace than a thick headed, hormonal girl?

A dot appears in the the clouds, inconspicuously growing larger with each passing second. As it does the dot gains shape, it is a horse. A flying, winged horse.
The mare snorts, her nostrils quiver with the vicious exhale. Her maw opens to trumpet her arrival with a cry that echos through the trees. Her pale blue eyes scan the trees below her as the ground closes in fast. She soars into the tree ravines closing in on a grassy clearing, she does so with such speed one would think she could be fleeing something. Her body tilts back and her tail feathers lurch forward as her wings beat ferociously to slow her down enough for a landing. But as her feet touch the ground she does not break to a halt, in fact she continues to move. Her tail feathers close and her large awkward wings fold like a cape to her back, and she does so in a manner so graceful only experience could give.
The mare's feet danced off the ground in third beat movement as though she were touching fire, only after a few strides does she bother to slow to a stop.
This awaited moment of stationary brings about an unclear anxiety to the clay red girl. With her head erect she looks around with uncertainty, first to the trees then to the sky from whence she came.
She flicked her tail in agitation. Where has he gone? He can't leave her just yet! Man, who the hell does he think he is?

The mare re-leaves herself with another explosive snort, shaking the tension from her neck. She can't keep flying, horses just aren't meant to fly. She's flown for miles now and her shoulders ache and burn with fire. Hell she's jogged for longer without exhausting herself like flying does.

The clay red mare examines the trees once more with suspicion. She hates trees, they are a gamble. Good for stealth, but impossible to fly out of without risking injury or death.
She's seen it happen before, some reckless colt trying to take off in the middle of a forest thinking his wings would just slice through those branches and defy the laws of physics. The colt was lucky enough to end up with only a broken wing capable of healing.

Weighing her options, the mare decides to curl up under a low, looming tree on the edge of the forest. The fingers of the tree raked over her, blocking the birds eye view.
She could relax; her legs folded under her, and her wings sagged off her back and splayed lazily onto the ground. Already she missed the mountains, the air is cool in the mountains. With plenty of open space and places to land where you can look over your territory.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
the cold is overbearing and without emotion, but the warmth is full of many things. Yet for some reason, I would choose to freeze over burn.

The flaxen girl is here once again, ready to recruit. It seems that may be what she will be doing today. She peers ahead, and notices a figure... a horse. With wings, too! A smile grows on her velveteen lips as she walks briskly towards the single horse. She halts in front of the horse, so they face head to head (unless, of course, the horse moves). "Hello there! I'm Dröm, a Hidden Falls mare. Who might you be?" Her tones are warm and friendly as she introduces herself. She's always loved meeting new horses.

A cold wind sweeps it's way around them. Dröm's mane lifting off of her neck and dancing in the sudden wind. Tresses twisting and turning, doing the salsa. Dröm scans her eyes around them before looking back at this stranger. She wonders if Rei will be here today. It seems Rei is often in the threshold. After all, both times Dröm has attempted to recruit, the appaloosa mare is always near. Dröm does not get upset when they follow her, and it seems she does not get upset when they follow the flaxen girl. Perhaps the dazzling mare is her one true friend in Helovia? Dröm would have no trouble confiding in the girl. She trusts her. How can such a friendly face not be trusted?

Dröm shivers slightly, the wind cold on her thin coat. "It's awfully chilly out here, today!" She comments to the mare. Perhaps they can find common ground and become friends? That would be lovely. "What brings you here today?" Both of her ears erect as she speaks, curious as to what this stranger's answer will be.

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Unregistered

The mare is taken from her peace by a tremble in the brush only yards away from herself. She watches an animal come into sight, unmistakably another horse. A petite fawn-like creature. Longer, slender, nearly perfectly refined; with a dished face and a small muzzle. Even her eyes are fawn-like, large and protruding, sappy. And the girl carries herself with proud, light feet. But what caught Astrasza's eyes the most about this fawn creature is that she had no feathered appendages of her own. What ever could have happened to them? But the lack of wings didn't seem to dampen the girl's spirit.
The mare grunted, had she come to in fairy land? She watched the fawn-thing draw near and of course stop in front of her. Before Astrasza could open her mouth to speak words the fawn was already talking and introducing herself. Astrasza listened patiently until the fawn inquired her name, "I am... Almothia." Astrasza smoothly uttered a pseudo name to the stranger and proceeded to build a false identity to the Hidden falls girl. "I come from the far east." She speaks softly and she pushes herself up from the ground and shakes away the grass and debris that clung to her sides.
"I'm just passing through, stopping to rest. Ya know, wandering. Do you own this land?" Astrasza asked curiously as the fawn spoke to her as though she were resting in someone's turf. Not that she cares if she is.

Astrasza didn't mind the chilly breeze, in fact if anything Astrasza enjoyed it. The wind reminded her of the mountains and it wiped the sweat off her back and scratched away the heat from her flesh.

baylee
[quote='Dröm' pid='109022' dateline='1407518497']

Dröm
we fear fear fire, yet with the choice to burn or freeze to death, many choose burn.

The girl is a duller shade of flaxen, yet still very pretty. Dröm's beam grows wider as the girl offers her name. "Almothia is such a beautiful name!" She exclaims, unknowingly falling for whatever trap this stranger has set up for little miss Goldy Locks. It's not like Dröm has a reason to not believe this foreigner. She seems quite friendly, and is quite open with information. Dröm is much like (it seems). She tells Dröm that she comes from the east. Dröm comes from the east, too! Does Almothia come from her lands? "I come from the east, too. My home is ruled by my brother, Duke the Grand. Have you heard of him? Maybe I know your home!" It would be cool, in Goldy's opinion, if they knew each other's herds. Then, they could tell each other about their home and they liked and didn't about locations and climates!

"No, Almothia! No owns these lands, that would be unjust. There are a few herds, however: the Dragon's Throat, The Hidden Falls, and a few others, I believe... There are leads and ranks in those herds, but they do not own all of Helovia. There are unclaimable lands, such as a Rotunda and this forest we are in right now." She smiled, uncertain of the amount of herds. She was only aware of the two, but was positive there were others. How could a land so big not have other herds and bands?

Dröm remembers her old home and shudders. The murder surrounded her royal family and the citizens that served them. Highness, Queen, Princess, King, Ruler. The names-- titles. She doesn't always like titles. Some titles are fine, but when it comes to serious ones like Ruler, she curls her nose in distaste. "The land I reside in has plenty of shade and water. If you'd like I could take you there to rest then you could go wherever your heart pleases. I could show you all the herds if you'd like." She offers the girl, softly. Curious as to what she will say to her offer. No? Yes? Perhaps, maybe?

"blah blah blah."

pixel by baylee

Unregistered

Astrasza's expression goes sour as the fawn girl proceeds to tell how she is from the east too. By chance Astrasza has sewn strings of fate with this girl in a way she'd hoped to avoid with any stranger. Astrasza fought back every urge to repeatitively slam her head against a tree. But at least she's put her story in the hands of incompetence. The fawn's charming nature and friendly disposition, Astrasza assumed Drom wouldn't be the type to question another creature's words of tale.

Before the fawn could notice her brief moment of disapproval Astrasza puts on a forced smile once more to appease her company. Really though, she doesn't hate this fawn, she simply didn't want to be found just yet and well... The fawn has wandered into a snake pit filled with grumpy rattlers. Not that the snakes are evil or filled with hatred, they simply want what every snake does. Peace, quiet, and the cloak of darkness.

Astrasza twists her head and tightens her lips in thought as Drom mentions her brother, "Hmm, the Grand Duke? No, I can't say I've heard of him. His name alone sounds of prominence, though."
Astrasza worldlessly ignores Drom's claim of recognition to her home, and allows the topic to quickly die.
As Astrasza digests the fawn's information she ponders her options. Staying here could benefit her, possibly erase her history and start a new name for herself, she did like the name Almothia. Assuming someone comes looking for her, she's already set the fawn up with the right words and the right information.
Astrasza's ears twist in contemplation, and the fawn's words beckoning her like smooth, coaxing smoke just tempt her to take up an offer to safty--to take a bite of life's apple if you will. With the rise of a shoulder and the arch of her wings, Astrasza's lips peel back to utter a casual "Sure, why not?" The words came out quickly as Drom finished speaking, "My wings are tired and my shoulders are sore. I could do with a break from all the flying." Astrasza dips her nose and to compliment her reply brings out a smile for the fawn and raises her brows into an innocent expression. "No need to hassle yourself with every herd this country has to offer, a safe spot of your choice will do." Astrasza adds.

baylee

Dröm
we fear fear fire, yet with the choice to burn or freeze to death, many choose burn.

Almothia's bitterness goes unnoticed by Dröm, the mare who just wants everyone to be friends with each other. She is a mare so perfect that she is not even special. With no bad traits (except for her lack of fighting skills) all her good traits are bad traits at the same time. Then what do you have left? A boring mare. A mare so average is hurts. It does not hurt her, though. Dröm rather likes who she is, and there hasn't been anyone yet that has changed her mind about that, and there likely won't be anyone. "He's a great King! Heaven knows I would not be as good of a ruler as he is." That, folks, is the very reason she had left her home. Dröm had simply knew that she would be a horrible queen, so she packed up and became a nomad until she found Helovia. Though sadened by this, and all the ther bad things about her old home, she shows no sadness on her features. Perhaps if this mare hasn't noticed, Dröm is rather friendly and doesn't get saddened easily.

The mare accepts the offer, and says that she needs a break and that they can go wherever Dröm wants. Of course, she is going to go to her home! "We can go to my home, the Hidden Falls." She repeats the name, wondering if the mare had forgotten it from before. Dröm turns away from the mare, so she can face the direction of her home. She walks away a few strides before halting for a moment to look back at her new friend. "Comin'?" She asks in an exited tone before continuing to walk, wondering if there mare is following.

"blah blah blah."
ooc: ill post a thread in the hidden falls and tag you in it! ill make it tomorrow, probably!

pixel by baylee