[OPEN] Edge Lunar Eclipse Party [Song and Dance]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
May flowers always line your path
and sunshine light your day

The queen, already thoroughly enjoying her time on the island and hours spent guarding her black, glass decorated tent, watched as the sun set over the edge of the rainbow waterfalls and the moon began to rise. Here, so high in the air, it was no surprise that the air was cooler than normal and even in the summer heat Kahlua shivered against the winds that began to blow as the night took over. Lucky, Resplendence was near by with her little Valiance, who was just learning to breath fire. Reminiscing of the fires that used to burn throughout the Edge, Kahlua rose herself from the bed she had made on the ground and began to gather branches that had fallen from the cherry blossom trees.

In time, when she had a pile large enough, she called young Valiance over to try his might against the branches. As the tinder lit up, flame eventually consuming the branches as well, Kahlua nodded her thanks to the draconian creature and smiled kindly. It was then that she looked up to see the moon beginning to slowly disappear behind a shadow- an eclipse!
“Res, look at the moon,” she cooed softly, her mind already running off with her. It had been too long since the Edge had been able to celebrate. “We should have a party!” Not that she needed any convincing. Whinnying out to any and all that were nearby, Kahlua took her place by the fire and began to sing a beautiful melody, words all in honor of the Moon Goddess herself.

The moon glows bright o'er the Edge tonight / As the waves crash down below
The kingdom of peace and glass work / Cooled by the kind wind's gentle blow

The mists are whirling, holding secrets deep inside
Let 'em be revealed to the Seer's eyes

So let her in, and let her see / Your devotion to her great legacy
Don't conceal, just let her know / Let your heart show

Let it glow, let it glow / The moon shines forever more
Let it glow, let it glow / A sign of the goddess we adore

Darkness falls / But we won't fear the night
Let the shadows come / We'll be safe in the rays of the moon's sweet light

It's wonderful that her love / Makes all our worries small
And the fears that once controlled us / Can't get to us at all

We'll always trust the mist and moon / To give us hope and push us through
It is to her we bend our knees / Only she

Let it blow, let it blow / Let the wind lift your heavy soul
Let it blow, let it blow / To strengthen both mare and foal

In the Edge we live / And in the Edge we'll stay
Let the moon live on!

Her power flurries through the night into the ground
Her greatness proven through her magic gifts spread all around
My life before her shatters like a piece of glass / I'm never going back
The past is now the past

Let it glow, let it glow / Let the moonrise be our dawn
Let it glow, let it glow / Under her watch we'll stay strong

Here I stand / In the moonlit night
Let the dark rage on / We'll be safe in the rays of the moon's sweet light

And when she had finished singing, the queen laughed brightly, looking about to see who else had joined, and nickering her encouragement to whoever would be next to present a song or dance in honor of the Lady Moon.

OOC Notes:
– The party is open to anyone and is not necessarily restricted to members of the Edge herd. Feel free to add in your own song- be it for the moon goddess, the Edge, any of the other gods, just for fun, etc.
– In case you didn't figure it out, the song is set to the tune of 'Let it Go' from Frozen - Original Lyrics on Left, New Lyrics on Right
– I highly doubt there will be any sort of posting order to this, feel free to come and go as you please

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>
I hear her angelic voice before I see her. I whirl around to look at the mare that voice belongs to. Kahlua. I groan softly. I don't want to see her, hear her, or talk to her. I'm almost certain there will be a conversation between us tonight, but if I can, I will avoid contact with her. Surely she does not want to talk to me either, so I assume we could just ignore each other. It wouldn't be too hard, right? Then again, I may just waltz up to her and yell at her. She killed my best friend, and that is unforgivable, no matter how many times she apologizes.

Her voice fills the air with a song so sweet, I feel a toothache coming on. She sings of the night. Somewhat describing the Edge, and the Moon Goddess. I have to say, her singing isn't all that shabby, but that isn't a talent one needs to live in Helovia. Why learn such an unimportant talent, Kahlua? Every time I look at her and see how healthy and how happy she is, I wish more and more that I had avoided the Edge all together. The World's Edge was beautiful, Aly was right about that, but the horses didn't exactly like me, and to be honest, I didn't like some of them either.

The World's Edge is a place I wish I could forget. I wish I no longer remembered anyone from there. I don't want to remember Kahlua murdering my snake. I don't want to remember Faeanne, Ryuu, Kaj, Ruske... none of those horses I wish to remember. In fact, it would be easier to get amnesia like Gaucho did. Then, I could come back and not worry how many enemies I have. I wouldn't have to worry about impressing Africa, or trying to be sane. I wouldn't have to worry that the next horse I run into will be one that hates me before knowing me, because yes, I'm sure there are horses that hate me without having met me. I've acquired a bad reputation, but at this point I do not care enough to fix it. I will happily be living (hopefully) in the Dragon's Throat. Far away from unicorns, the Edge, and all the bad things.

I am in plain view, I won't deny this. If Kahlua doesn't see me, I will be very surprised. Slowly, my head drops to the grass and I eat bite after bite of juicy grass, all while not taking an eye off of Kahlua.

talk talk talk talk
ooc:; hope you don't mind i hopped in :3
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Leaving Cera was not a thing she'd expected to do so fast. Her herdmate, and even possibly new friend, had not lasted long in her presence. Home would need her soon, but when the night came in with cool breezes, she back tied to the island. There would be no leaving for tonight.
Out of her usual state of cautiousness, wrapped in the arms of safety, she was more free to laugh, to allow a skip within her step, and even mingle with the wildlife as far as they would allow her. Herbs were everywhere, growing in great numbers. The amount of life in the land had her sending sparks to her heart.
As more and more came, as they would, the feeling of freedom ebbed away, caught up in the confusion of the masses. Voices struck one another while others simply faded to the wind, and to the pink shaded trees. Sweet, delicate scents were smothered by the odors of rival herds, outcast bands, rogues, family members, and all else.
In all of the mess, Sikeax has slipped away to find relief in the delicate song of an unknown owner. Softly releasing an ooooooh for her velvet maw, she stirred from her placement.
The light of her horn grew bright, and as the words of 'Look to the moon!' wafed gently to her with a name attached that was not her own, each pale eye sent for the Moon.
It brought a gasp from her, and even she found song inviting.
"Pale moon in the bright blue sky.
Quiet moon in the trumpeting sunlight

Full moon in the bright blue sky.
High noon is hiding your light.

I heard she's waiting. She waits for night.

Crescent moon in the bright blue sky
Tiny spoon. Little bite of the big pie.

Half moon in the bright blue sky.
Hold on. Hold back your better side.

Maybe she's waiting. She waits for night.

Crooked moon in the bright blue sky.
Corner of the room. You watch from the outside.

Shy moon in the bright blue sky.
Lonesome moon. Stars more your own kind.

Heard she's just waiting. She waits for night."

In her process, her mother comes to mind. As of how she held strong emotions to the night, to sleepless stars, and the alabaster lamplight of the hovering stone. Snorting to bare dislike that only she knew off, the words slipped from her mouth in a low alto tone, picking up stride in a free fashion so that she could invoke dance.

"Pale moon in the bright blue sky.
Quiet moon in the trumpeting sunlight

Full moon in the bright blue sky.
High noon is hiding your light.

I heard she's waiting. She waits for night...."

OOC: EEEEEE!!!! I love this idea! Hope you don't mind Sikeax. She hasn't noticed the others yet, but will soon enough.
Though, if someone does acknowledge her and speak directly to her, tag me I'll know, but only if they speak to her

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence smiled as her young dragon circled around in the sky above - occasionally allowing a puff of smoke with a spark or two to emerge from his mouth as he got used to the feeling of warmth protruding from his mouth. It was hot, full of energy, and something that he wasn't the best at controlling. Alas, he was trying to figure it out - and he still hadn't really learned that such sparks could hurt someone else. So, on occasion, he would move up near Res and let out a puff of smoke which would trail near her face but not yet singe her hairs. A scolding look would plaster itself upon her face as he did so, and then he would move off to try it again in the air.

Alas, as her name fell forth from Kahlua's lips, she drug her frame up from her comfortable bed of cherry blossoms in order to come and heed her sisters call, Valiance having already sparked just enough of a fire to allow the kindling to burn and the bonfire to slowly erupt before them. And, with the order to do so, she allows her orbs to trail up towards the sky and watch as the Moon Goddess creates an elegant display in the night sky. She declares that they should have a party and Res can only shake her head in mild amusement. Trust Kahlua to decide we need to celebrate, she thinks to herself before stepping aside as the painted mare begins to sing. She was not one for attention, after all, and standing next to the star of the night meant nothing but that. However, before she disappears off to the side she allows a gentle bump of support against her sister's shoulder.

But, when she thinks all will be peaceful she clearly sees otherwise. She was a sweet mare, usually, but the sight of the golden glazed pegasus resulted in anger like the flickering flames of the bonfire to erupt inside of her. She hurt our family. She attacked my sister and made her CRY! Instantly, she starts forward, limbs stretching out and her body tracking up in an elegant motion. Her ear is pinned back ever so slightly and Valiance has puffed up upon one of the cherry tree branches above where Aurelia was - giving out a warning hiss. The wind within three feet of Res started to pick up - none of it daring to blow around the fire, but simply causing a whirlwind near her. It clung to her locks, twisted them around and pulled them up and off the ground - out of her way with each step. And, while she was horribly confused about how the wind was mimicking her emotions she had nothing against its sudden appearance. Perhaps the Moon Goddess was on her side for the moment. "You," she hisses - not even willing to allow her name to fall from her lips, as if such a thought would burn her tongue out. "How could you hurt your own family? You are weak! Thoughtless actions deserve consequences. I do not care if you do not think us blood - when you lived under our roof, you were considered family - and then you dared to burn another herd, almost send us to war, the one thing we seek to avoid, and then attack our leader - your sister." It sickens her, to see this mare so close to her sister, to the family she holds dear. And, with that sickening feeling of hurt and the fire burning in her soul Valiance lets out a puff of smoke, a spark of a flame lighting the air above the mare as she wishes to force the wind to make the mare tumble over. And, with that thought the wind continues to strengthen, going forward (unable to move the weight of a horse) and starting to bend over the sapling trees, the grass laying flat on the ground around her, and the feeling of her locks whipping against her skin. "You've caused nothing but pain. It is best that you leave," she hisses as Valiance glides through the sky until he was out of the tunnel of wind and lands upon her back. The hurt is shining in Res' eyes, clear for anyone to see. How could she dare to hurt her own family? Then, a quieter voice - one meeker, showing the hurt that this golden glazed mare had truly caused - emerged, "Please… just leave her and the Edge alone," she almost pleads - the wind dying down for a few moments to allow her quiet voice to be heard.

And, with that, Res turns on her haunches, strong winds swirling around her frame once more as she begins to trot off to the side - away from the fire to work through the pile of emotions which curdled her veins and brought tears to her eyes. Please let her leave… please don't let her hurt us again… So, Valiance slides down and wraps his feathery arms around the bridge of her nose, clinging to her in an attempt to comfort the mare who could wish pain on no one but not allow the sources of that pain to weasel their way into her family's life. But, with all of this emotional turmoil she doesn't notice that there may be others watching - that others may think her to be insane. But she doesn't know if she cares anymore - it all just hurts so much and she wants it to stop…

So Res won't actually hurt anyone. The wind magic is their Herd Champs magic, and she can't actually control it, nor does she understand why it's suddenly their. It's too weak to move a horse, only light objects, and Res simply wants Aurelia to leave the Edge alone - the 'scolding' is basically her explanation as to why she thinks it is best that Aurelia stays away from them because she doesn't want there to be another chance that Aurelia hurts her family again.
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
[quote='Aurelia' pid='107225' dateline='1406100043']
Aurelia</style>
I've been spotted, but not by the one I think will see me. No, instead it's Resplendence who comes charging over, her one ear pinned in a menacing way. She begins with a you. Her voice almost scaring me. As she speaks, wind starts blowing around her. She calls me weak, upon other things. "The World's Edge was never 'almost sent to war', as you have put it. Actually, when they returned me the immediately offered an alliance. And perhaps you should know both sides of the story before accusing me of ridiculous things, Resplendence." Throughout my mini-speech, my ears do not flatten against my neck as they have with Resplendence. It looks silly and childish, in my opinion, but I am sure the entire herd will love this one-eared more so much more now that she has 'stood up' for her home.

"I do not think I have only brought pain. Was it painful when I was trying to help you when you thought everything was burning and your family was dead? Did you feel pain when I was convulsing on the ground? Did it hurt I recruited for the World's Edge? Your life is so tough, feeling all this pain." I start to become repulsed. "You have no right to complain about pain to me." I'm sure she has been through tough times, but I'm sure I've been through worse. Maybe I don't tell anyone my past because it's too fucking painful. The only beacon of light I have ever found, was in the Dragon's Throat. Not here, not with the Edgies. "I've only come to ask if I could give Shilva a proper burial in the World's Edge. I do not seek a fight, though I know I will get one if I stay. I shall be on my way." I shake me head, disappointed. Obviously, they hate me too much to even let me hang around. Maybe I no longer want to bury Shilva in the Edge. I'm sure they'd just send their hounds to search for her carcass. So with that being said, as Resplendence walks away, I do too, but the other direction. Away from them. With the wind Resplendence created gone, and also her dragon, I feel safer. The one-eared, no matter how sweet she looks, has always scared me a little bit.

talk talk talk talk
ooc:; aurelia is out! this is short, but i didn't have much to say.
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
"Hush Resplendence," he chides softly, approaching in a soft swirling of cherry blossoms with calm blue eyes and peacefully set features. The winds that had moments ago stirred the air so viciously around the Moon Doctor's hooves are placating, swirling a few cherry blossoms to land in her tresses almost lovingly. There is an air of peace as he strides slowly into the small gathering, Aurelia departing as he arrives. He elongates a single wing in an attempt to stay her momentarily, turning and regarding her for a long moment before speaking. "This is a time and an area of peace, Aurelia. My qualms with you do not follow us here. You may bury your companion where you wish, we will abide her burial with respect and the echo of dragon song. But it is your choice. Be well." He knows she is determined in all she does, and so does not extend the invitation to rejoice with them. Part of him selfishly does not want her there, wants to chase her from the island with snapping teeth and flared wings. However he has more control than Resplendence and conceals this desire. No matter how he may want to chase the pale exile away, he would rather have her presence not ruin the celebrations about to take place. Shuffling his wing back to his side he moves to press his muzzle gently to Resplendence's cheek.

"Your protection is honorable, zus aardbei. But let it come later. It is a time to celebrate, and we shall not let her ruin our joyous occasion." It is with a firmness that he speaks such, smile lighting up pale blue eyes. He will have fun no matter how much Aurelia tries to ruin it, and he will certainly not bow to her level. "We do not stoop to her level of pettiness, zus. We keep our heads high and conceal our anger when we step upon this island, if only in the name of the peace we attempt to uphold. Blood comes on the battleground." For he is still a warrior at heart after all. Hoping he has not upset her, for despite the chiding it is soft and well-meant, the King brushed his long flight feathers against her flank in a soothing manner before turning into the fray of those gathered. One is not of his flock, and he approached with a smile.

"Good eve m'lady. I apologize, such dramatics are not normally prevalent. It is an honor to have an array of different herd members here to celebrate the Goddess." Turning to Kahlua he extends a pale muzzle to her in an attempt to greet her, eyes soft. "You look beautiful, my Queen." His compliment is as softly spoken as all his previous words, for he is feeling rather sentimental that day, thankful for all the Moon Goddess has ever given him. A herd, his position as Wing Leader, and then his promotion to King...the chance to lead the kin he loved so dearly. His title as Storm Bringer. She deserved every celebration, in his eyes.

His voice is deep and thick like thunder, and it echoes solemnly across the grove of pink-flushed trees as song begins to well up in his chest. A warrior he may be, but the gift of song lay in his lungs and heart just as proudly as any scar upon the hide strung along his bones.

"Come a little bit closer, hear what I have to say
Just like children sleepin', we could dream this night away.

But there's a full moon risin' - let's go dancin' in the light
We know where the music's playin' - let's go out and feel the night.

Because I'm still in love with you - I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you - On this harvest moon.

When we were strangers, I watched you from afar
When we were lovers, I loved you with all my heart.

But now it's gettin' late, and the moon is climbin' high
I want to celebrate, see it shinin' in your eye.

Because I'm still in love with you - I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you - On this harvest moon."

The song was intended for a voice higher than his but he didn't care, deepening it and letting the love song flow from his lips with the same rich bass he always spoke with. And maybe he was no dancer, and maybe it was childish to be seen dancing when he was the King, but he didn't let it hold him back. Hooves tapped out a slow rhythm to the song as he kept pace, drifting among the small crowd as he smiled and tried to entice them into a dance of their own, perhaps even one to join his. His eyes met Kahlua's and he smiled. Maybe it was a love song, but it spoke so strongly of dancing and celebration, and love was a word meant to be a canopy. Familial, parental, kinly love...love was what the Edge was based upon in many ways. It wasn't a perfect song like Kahlua had constructed, but it was the only one he knew, and that was good enough for him.

KAJ
I'll bury my love in the moondust
image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Her day had been meant to be spent looking for someone with answers, but instead she had found only rolling hills and a handful of faces that lacked any promising features. She had thus only managed to explore the majority of the floating land mass during the daylight hours and was now returning back to the blue tent that had begun their day, dark tail sweeping low through the grass as the pink petals drifted overhead. The sun had begun its downward descent into the horizon, and she watches its progression with a rising interest as she takes note of the Moon slipping across its burning surface. An eclipse, she thinks to herself, increasing her pace to a trot as she crests the final vantage that ringed the clearing of the tents under the first touches of darkness.

She discovers why it is she has seen no others here; the dark tent marked with the Moon’s glass is alive with a flurry of activity despite the late hour, the sound of voices reaching high into the sky and the prancing of hooves audible over even the singing. Without a moment’s hesitation she directs her path there, figuring her son wouldn’t have been able to resist the lure of a party when she herself couldn’t and he had been here since it had begun; she arrives with her dished features held aloft and proud, her golden eyes flashing at the marvelous display of figures as the golden King (Kaj, was it?) broke into the silence with his lovely bass voice and another song of the Moon.

She spies the painted River Walker beneath the dark eaves of their tent, eyes continuing their sweeping search for her son – who is discovered lingering on the furthest outskirts of the blue tent, craning his neck with all the length he can muster towards the party. Even more humorous is Kyst, who playfully bounds from the colt’s shoulders to the ground and around the front of him in a circle, her own youthful heart enraptured by the sounds of song and delight rising from next door.

Giggling in good humor, she makes her way through the throng of Edge members, occasionally nodding to them if she was seen and hailed, towards an area where she is sure her son will see her, nodding towards him once his golden eyes find her to signal that he can come.

Like a black and gold bullet, he is loosed, the griffon (still too slight of wings to make to the skies) mewling with displeasure at the notion of being left behind and clearing a large jump onto his haunches just in time, her talons digging into the boy’s flesh and drawing a great leap and buck from him.

Kyst makes the displeased face of a disgruntled cat, but manages to cleave to her ride for the rest of the passage, the boy slowing to a halt just alongside his dam and leaning in to nuzzle his chin against her shoulder. The boy, Illynx fondly thinks, needs her, and it is a good feeling that rushes through her as they embrace, no matter that they had departed on sour words.

His tail twitches restlessly as his golden eyes pour over it all, the Lady glancing down to the young prince with a gentle smile on her lips. "Go on then, make some friends," she suggests, nudging him with her dark muzzle and smiling as he gently embraces her one last time before cantering out into the foray of faces, "but behave!"

He knows the intonations of that warning, greater than the normal ones sent out by worried mothers – she means more than to be good natured and respectful. She means to stay away from any more unsuitables; it was bad enough that he kept such close company with Aithniel.

Turning her face back to the adults now, she applies her most gleaming of smiles and sets off into the gathering of the Basin’s newfound “friends,” an ear still leant into the song of Kaj and her path directed towards the pretty, equine queen at the heart of it all. Perhaps she would join in with a song or two of her own before the night was at a close; she still remembers some of the Moon’s lyrics from her youth and years in the Edge, before the Dragonbitch had come and ruined it for them all.

For now, she approaches the only woman she knows in all this hubbub, hoping that the narrow witted damsel will know more of this land than she does of political schemes.

"Kahlua, my darling!" she calls as she is sure she’s within earshot, her voice sweet and genial on the night air, "what a splendid gathering we have here! And the King! Such a voice as to woo the Moon herself." She sways to a halt just outside the folds of the tent, knowing enough of respect to not breach the sanctity of the mysterious meeting places of the other herds unless invited, every ounce of her figure and face reading kindness and good will towards the woman who held the end of the largest thorn in Illynx’s side. "I hope I do not intrude; it was all simply to splendid to ignore. My son is here somewhere," she says, feigning interest in his location by sending her golden eyes roving across the surrounding region, "he nearly popped his eyes out staring at it with all that desperate desire to be a part of it." Her giggle rises sweet and delicate into the air as she makes small talk, waiting to ask her questions until her friendliness had been re-established with the wary (and rightly so) Queen of the Edge.

[ OOC: She's coming in as Kaj begins his song, so has missed the beginning stuffs. :3 ]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

Kyst rides along my back and takes in the party with about as much excitement as I do, if her occasional purr of delight and enthusiastic grip on my shoulders say anything about her mood. There are a lot of adults here, though no one I really know aside from the hornless Queen who momma is sure to try and talk to – and so I avoid her by looping around the outskirts and taking in the sounds of the songs they sing.

Despite my eagerness to come, there doesn’t seem much to do aside from watching, and so I gather up my courage and select a face out of the group that seems approachable and unrestrained by any of the other adults present. She was a unicorn, which I am sure will keep along well with mother’s restrictions on the company I keep, and while momma may have missed her pretty song about the Goddess, I did not.

Her horn had glowed while she sang, which I thought was pretty neat, and she was okay looking for a lady not from the mountain – surely she was not one of Arah’s beautiful, gleaming golden daughters or the splendid beauty of the princess Lothiriel, but she had a fair buttermilk coat dipped in chocolate and I rather enjoyed the color of blue that tinted her horn and tail. I trot up towards her with a smile on my eager face, not sure how the mare will take to my approach but hopeful for a conversation all the same; while young, I know quite a lot, and I take pride in what momma has taught me of conversation mostly because I could have been doing much more entertaining and useful things during all that time we’d spent blabbering to strangers.

"Hi! I’m Rikyn!" I dapperly explain, bowing my miniature nub of a horn in her direction with a sweeping forward movement of my right fore hoof, "And this is Kyst. I rather liked your song." My smile is friendly and gleaming, golden eyes bright and cheerful in all the ways that the griffon’s are cold and scrutinizing, not sure how she feels about her bonded’s little boy talking to a strange woman of the Edge. She still clicks a terse hello towards the buckskin, however, for which I am grateful – but I still feel an urge to send her toppling off my back and into the grass for being rude to my new potential friend.

@[Sikeax]
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

She was shattered. Inside and out, she was broken, not knowing how to repair her life anymore. The only ones she knew who could shed any light or wisdom on the course the world had taken were the gods. Shards of her heart chinked heavily in her chest as she approached the shrines, overcome by the waves of rolling heat that stung at eyes that dare not cry anymore. Ophelia wanted to cry out with her pain, beat herself against the stones she looked at and beg to know why everything had been taken from her, but she knew she had to be strong. The God of the Sun nor the God of Time looked down upon such emotional outbursts well.

But, the single thread holding her together was already frayed and thinning. Instead of praying to a dead stone, her hooves met a softly swirling cloud, and she looked down with cold eyes. Was this her end then? Would death finally release her from the agony of today and tomorrow? The cloud solidified beneath her, carrying her upward, and she looked toward the stars, thinking that she might be one soon enough.

She felt guilt at her willingness to disappear entirely, leaving behind her family, but she could no longer face the growing destruction her life had become. So, when the cloud carried her to an island in the sky, music and song filling her ears, she was sure that she had joined the gods in the afterlife. Like a ghost, a shell of her brightness, she walked into the celebration, but soon enough she realized that all of this was still real.

A singe of disappointment and a sigh of relief escaped her throat, and she watched listlessly at the festivities hosted by what she assumed was the World's Edge. Tinek followed suit, his silver head hung as he sat upon her hips, breathing slow and cold as frost clouded from between his fangs. Ophelia watched to join them in song, to dance and revel in the beauty of this place, but all she saw was red, blood, and death. She was empty inside, and the motions would be forced.

"Beautiful song," she whispered gratefully to the two singers before turning to leave, not wanting to be the cold water doused over the warmth of the party.

A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

The island in the sky was breathtaking. So high it was that I wondered if I might peer up and suddenly find myself looking into the eyes of a God, because this was undoubtedly their work, creating this little paradise that reminded me so much of my Vallhean home.

Every herd had their own place on the island, marked with colored banners and tents, an arena for warrior use, and several stalls that reminded me of the market held every morning in my old home. Here, the herds were all meshed together, standing upon foreign ground that belonged to none other than the godly entities who created it. However, I would remain close to the dark, glass tent that belonged to the Edge, occassionally swallowing my fear of riding those clouds that granted me flight to go back and assure the World's Edge remained safe and sound.

It was when I was returning from one such patrol that I noticed something different; voices lifting into song, voices that I knew and others I didn't, singing praise to the moon and her rule. A soft smile tugged dark lips back; my interest had always lain within the God of the Sun, but never had I been given a reason to dislike our Goddess. She protected us, ruled us, praised and guided us... And today, I would finally show my thanks to her.

By the time Suli and I had reached the impressive gathering, our King, my brother-in-arms, had finished his song. I passed by the pale form of a unicorn who, in my mind, was going the wrong way. I may not have known the horned lady with the crimson stained mane, and even if she wasn't part of the tightly knit family of the Edge, I saw no reason to shoo her away from the celebration. "Miss," I spoke up, my voice accompanied by a throaty coo from Suli as her violet eyes settled upon the silver form of another dragon, "You do not have to leave. Why don't you stay awhile? I'd be happy to provide you company. We could all use some."

As the voices around us grew quiet and their songs came to an end, my own mind worked as it recalled a song that Bran had often sang to me, to his fellow warriors, whenever we would settle around a fire beneath the moon's light. The memory clenched tightly around my heart and threatened to tear it right out of my chest, but I pushed past the emotion, only capable of doing so as Suli sent a warm save of reassurance through the bond. As she did so, she moved to my neck, clinging to the strands of crimped mane as the claws donning her wings worked to pull and braid it all together, before moving on to my tail, binding the hair together with the thick stems of leaves from the trees. I sucked in a deep breath so as to calm myself, mentally thanking her, and bellowed out the song I had always loved to hear Bran sing.

"I stand at your gate and the song that I sing is of moonlight
I stand and I wait for the touch of your hand in the June night
The roses are sighing a Moonlight Serenade.

The stars are aglow and tonight how their light sets me dreaming.
My love, do you know that your eyes are like stars brightly beaming?
I bring you and I sing you a Moonlight Serenade

Let us stray till break of day in love's valley of dreams.
Just you and I, a summer sky, a heavenly breeze kissin' the trees.

So don't let me wait, come to me tenderly in the June night.
I stand at your gate and I sing you a song in the moonlight
A love song, my darling, a Moonlight Serenade."

"Speak."

[ooc - Des tail, and Des mane! :D ]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

FOR FAILURE TO STAY UNDER 1000 WORDS—Summary Below

Summer in the Basin still did not render it warm enough for the heat loving gold to keep himself there for very long. Seeking the warm southern wilds the gold had traversed across the lands to a more desolate place. Watching from afar the golden son hesitated. A thin narrow strip of rock, the southern sea lashing out at either side. Harks lean back. He’d seen the land, that was enough to call it explored right? With a snort the beast turned to leave, but the wind blew from behind him. It pulled about his tassles and pushed him on, but it carried a surge which sent shivers down the brown stripped spin. Harks pulled back up in curiosity and he turns the Spanish neck back round to look again. No one stood on the rocky ground, but the blood pulsed through his legs, demanding a surge of movement. With earth eyes watching ever closely with growing suspicion he moves forward into the rocky lands. The Veins of the Gods.

Cloven hooves picked their way through the rocks at a brisk and extended two pace. Shaking his head the gold pulled it down to feel those muscles there, classified with his breed, pull and rush with heat, sending chills down his spine. A relief and he tosses those twin horns back up as endorphins begin to flow through his blood. That was the only positive aspect about this further exploration. The land was nothing but rocks leading to a mountain beyond. Earth eyes could barely see it beyond a low lying fog to the right. Warming sides heaved and the gold slowed. Nothing was here, and the strange sensation had not been felt again. Harks leaning back the gold body turned to go. Just as the clouds parted.

Frozen. It and he were frozen. Above the sea beyond, rose above its reach, a floating island. The gold would be glad he discovered it alone, for an open mouth is not very attractive, nor bug eyes. Captivated by this. Eyes searching every aspect he could see. A breeze blew off of the sea behind him and pushed him forward and in a trace of shock the gold steps forward. Hoof falls slightly onto something soft. Harks pin and look down to find one of the clouds. Tilting his head the cloven hoof was raised and lowered, but the cloud held. Looking doubtful the golden son put a second hoof onto the white puff. It held. Smirking and looking towards the island beyond the shore, he steps fully upon the cloud. The breeze from behind blows again and up he goes.

-----

It was so peaceful here. Quiet. Serene. The pink cherry blossoms blowing up into the wind of the skies, and the sound of falls and rivers never far beyond. All in all, for the golden it was utterly boring. As he walked about the ramparts of the island and through its heart he found not many things of interest. There were a few creatures on the isle but he’d kept his distance. Dark was falling and even though the moon shown bright above he moved from the edges of the isle to find shelter in the center for the night. The gold was slightly disappointed not to have found more on the isle. Being new he thought it only part of Helovia, and not a new occurrence. So it never dawned on him to tell the good news or look for others. With his recent raise in status in the Basin and the trust (or at least that’s what he was calling it) of his lady caused his lips to spin in excitement for planning her future.

The ground flattens. Trees fall away, and he finds the center of the land, four tents. Each was decorated to resemble the herd lands he finally decided. The Basin’s was easy enough to find, with its blue banners flapping about in the evening air. Shadows moved about around and in it. Harks lean back and eyes narrow, he had had enough ‘herd bonding’ for a while. As he struggled to see through the light though who moved in its shadows, the world grew darker. A first he fought it, then stamping his hoof and flashing about the cattail he looks about. Those earth eyes find the moon just disappearing behind a shadow. With wide eyes he watches the eclipse and the moon vanish, but a fire lights in his eyes and song lifts his chest.

The source is found in a tent to the side of the Basin. Harks listen close, he knows that voice and light heart. A wicked grin rises in the dark. The deep darkness hides his golden pelt and white tassles much better, to where he was nearly completely hidden. Delighted with this, the gold decided to use it to his vantage and find what other creatures called the Edge home. Besides the fact, possibly continuing his fun with the damsel girl. The gold thought nothing of any protection she might hold in company. Her heart felt for him, he believed and that was his ticket into this party. Coming up from behind the tent to the darkest side the gold hides deep within the shadows, but with a lovely view of the scenes unfolding.

The damsel was indeed not alone, a cream mare dipped in every end in red keeps her company. It holds the gold back. This for the best, as another comes from the shadows and nibbles on grass. Earth eyes see her closely, body was sagging but tense. She was not engaging in the circle but was obviously watching all around her. Nares were brought a small breeze and found her to smell of heat cooling, salt, and sands. He knows these well. He lived in a place much like this one. Forty horseshoes said she lived in the Throat. Wicked grin grows. What on earth though was she doing here acting as such before the damsel?

Other voices sing into the night but the golden is having too much fun with the mystery before him. Then something snapped. Or rather, someone. Stomping hooves caused the gold to look up and he listened with a grin as she spit towards the gold and cream bird. Burned another herd? Attack a leader? Cause war? It took all he could not to giggle with delight. One name was at least discovered, Resplendence, the red dipped dun. The wind picks up and the gold expects brawl, but the red dipped equine has more restraint than first thought, and turns. But the gold mare wasn’t done. The tension she’ been holding breaks forth and the gold watches with wild eyes. Its like a soap opera. An alliance…who offered the Edge an alliance besides the Basin. Throat or Falls? The Throat was where she stood now…so that it could not be if she was returned. What on earth did the loud bird do to work up the hatters to return her…wait…burned a herd…A laugh now had to be stifled.

Oh but she’s not done. The gold mare continues. Apparently the girl had a rather…dramatic life to say the least. It had turned into a regular bitch fest, was this girl in heat? Then there’s more of course. Shilva was new, dead though. She turns to leave, then he steps forward. Golden head raises in considering this creature. With command the hawk bird hushes Resplendence and moves forward to call after the gold dusted one. Aurelia. And Shilva, a companion, one of their silly pets. The dark palo bird moves back to the red dun equine. He holds such authority, such restraint, and in general, his whole persona was of a leader. No wonder the damsel could get away with being queen if this is the creature beside her.

Then he smiles to the damsel. Gold dusted eyes narrow towards him, a criticizing eye unfelt in a tender moment. Then he sings. Brows raise at his not too off voice. Now was his time to make the damsel’s welcome to her lands come full. He straightens and pulls up, collecting himself to enter, when a dark small flash sweeps before the fire. Harks lean back, that gold and dark. Sure enough, his lady joins the tiny replica. Harks pin and he pulls deeper into the shadows. There was no going to the celebration now. It would be like balancing two girlfriends in the room, plus one’s husband. Though it is interesting to see the gold and bay lady present such incredible falsities to the damsel when he knows her false face. To see that the lady works in the same ways he does. With a smile the gold decides it is too much of a risk to remain, so stepping backwards, he carefully slips into the night, and away from the crowd.

It had been successful. Highly. Much had been learned of the Throat and the Edge, though he was still curious what caused Aurelia to let loose fire upon the Falls. Perhaps he’d ask her himself in the next few days. With a laugh he picks up a quick jog through the night. The slight breeze blows about him, and though he can barely see before him, the land is gentle and kinds. At last coming to a stream just at the end of the meadow baring the tents he pauses and dips his twin horns to drink. Coming up from the cool water he finds the water reflecting the sky above, and the eclipse that was still hold. Mind rolled over the damsel and his new task. With a grin he lifted his head to the hidden moon and a low soft voice falls forth to her ears.

‘Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
Now hidden away the light,
They say your heart be as dark as mine,
Keeping to shadows, letting little light shine,
I’ve heard the dark mists move about your soul,
Perhaps there’s some in mine to keep it cold.
Were we to by chance to meet some day,
I forsee your kindred spirit say,
“I am a Goddess of the moon so high,
Keeper of dark and of the sly.
Fear not, I mean no harm,
For your ways do me charm,
But know if the I am unconvinced,
You must seek recompense.
For I am the Goddess of the moon so high,
And none other can hope to apply,
Once I found they do not meet,
The standards I divinely keep.”
And then oh Goddess of the shadows so dark,
I shall begin to pour out what would be a heart.
“Dear Goddess of the moon so high,
You’ll find those I abide,
You’ll find that you and I,
Possess the same by and by.
Your dark and mysterious ways I do keep,
Darkness does not mean a time for sleep.
For you see of Goddess of the Moon so high,
I am the golden man so sly,
And never do I pass by,
Without slipping into many a disguise,
My lips can spill a venom phrase,
Or sweeten a lover’s gaze.
I am the golden man who no one knows,
But all who know me find their woes,
Ever so carefully placed at the door,
Till they can stand it no more.”
Then dear Goddess of the dark,
You’re eyes will begin to spark.
“I am the Goddess of the Moon so high,
I’ve seen these things come and go by,
You are the golden man so strange,
Who keeps my ways, and my name.
What is it you seek dear son?
Ask it and it shall be done.”
Then I shall bow and grin again,
My voice not seeking to abstain,
Those dark plots that I desire,
Perhaps you thought them prior.
“Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
All I seek is to keep my battle cry,
To walk unseen from all the day’s light,
Let them never know who is the right,
Another form I ask to take,
Oh Goddess of the Moon can this you make?”
“Oh Golden Man of dark heart,
Listen here, I’ll do my part.
Another form you shall have,
To take down my dark path.
For I am the Goddess of the Moon so High,
This you shall not deny.”

The golden son grinned towards the hidden moon. Body found a small cherry tree by the creek, and there he settled by not to sleep. Tonight he would indeed celebrate, making his mark, and keep watch with the moon and the dark.

OOC :: EEK now I can't stop rhyming!
SUMMARY :: Thran discovers the island and sneeks up on the side of the tent. He watches the drama and thinks Aurelia would be a good place to start on his mission in the Throat. When he gets ready to come into the light though, he see Illynx, so backs away and leaves. Coming up to a creek a little ways off he speaks this poem to the Moon Goddess, which you all should read. No buts. Then he lays beside a small cherry tree to watch night pass.
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
May flowers always line your path
and sunshine light your day

Her song finished, Kahlua could not have been prouder of herself as she watched others begin to gather. It seemed the party she had longed for would be as brilliant as she imagined it. However, for the second time since the challenge, the Sunshower found her eyes falling on Aurelia. But she had grown stronger since their last interaction- in mind, if not in body. She could not smile, because her heart still froze, but she did not scream or cry out. She only watched, and then gasped, as Resplendence took matters into her own hooves. Truth be told, she was somewhat happy to see her sister guard her so fiercely, but Kaj's words were wiser than her petty heart. At least the blowing wind, fueled by Res's momentary rage, seemed to accent their party. Wind and moon together- very fitting.

“Thank you sister,” she cooed softly, but then added on, “You are so brave. Quilyan would be proud.” She does not reprove the woman, Kaj has made their point clear enough. She only wanted the atmosphere to stay happy; however, she did turn her head long enough to call after to the retreating form of Aurelia. “Shilva's memory will not be forgotten in the Edge, if you bury her there.” An invitation- it was the best she could offer. And when Kaj was done greeting the rest, and turned to her, Kahlua shivered happily to hear him call her beautiful. “The night suits you,” she replied with a twinkle in her eye. At least his song, well sung and appropriate, returned the party to its intended, joyous tone. And, as the song of love filled the air, Kahlua could not help but dance slowly, spinning and swirling, skipping and trotting, taking her body where the emotion took her. She nickered her approval at its end.

Even Illynx would not keep her heart heavy, now that the party had resumed, and Kahlua bobbed her head in welcome to the Gilded Blade. Though Illynx had claimed she waned to stay hidden away in her ice palace, Kahlua would not deny her welcome here. So now, Kahlua began her rounds in the party, turning from radiant singer to brilliant host. Her easy trot carried her towards the calling Basin Lady. “Illynx, you're more than welcome.” A hint of a frown? No, even bitch queens and the chains that children promised would not dampen her tonight. “The Lady Moon is brilliant, her gifts to us are many.” And though she sounded like a priestess, Kahlua believed every word.

Like a chaotic butterfly, she turns away from Illynx to call a hello to Destrier, seeing him chat with a pretty white mare but not hearing what he said- him being too far off. “Help me welcome her?” she suggests to Illynx with a nod to Ophelia, deciding that the forlorn looking woman needed a friend. So, while Destrier broke into song, Kahlua moved to be near the alabaster unicorn. At least she would be more up Illynx's aisle, if Illynx had indeed followed. “My friend, welcome to our party,” she said jubilantly, her personality effusive but her voice contained to a loud whisper so that she might not interrupt Destrier's song. “I'm Kahlua, queen of the Edge, and you?” And then she giggled, because she could not contain herself at all. She was a child, oblivious to Ophelia's sadness as she was to Thranduil in the shadows. A shame he did not show himself.

And when Destrier's song was done, the queen called out joyously to him, congratulating him on his brilliant song and steady voice. She reminded herself to, before this night was done, ask him if Suli would decorate her the way she had decorated him. It was just lovely.
Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The cordial conversation between the two pretty rulers from opposite ends of the moral perspective floats easily, carried by the golden wench’s drive to instill notions of friendship between herself and those who had once been only her enemies and furthered by the bright kindness that resided within Kahlua. Where Illynx’s smiles are false, without tethers and gleaming in their quickness, the Queen’s are true and pleasant, without a single air of falsification or exaggeration of her welcome – a fact that the Lady takes note of with a blended reaction of both envy and disgust. She wishes, some days, that life had been kinder to her and thus that she could be kinder herself, but she also knows that such niceness often leads to many daggers being stuck in one’s back.

Illynx nods in a show of respect towards the Moon as Kahlua makes comment of it, the woman still feeling within her hard, icy heart some sort of kinship towards the Goddess of her childhood, but also a deep rooted, heavy resentment for having allowed all the misfortune to have come to her in her life. The Edge was supposed to be hers, Psyche’s – but that land had been taken, and another given to them by a God thought long gone and no longer among his brethren; while that was enough of a reason for most to feel sated in how the universe had jilted them, it left Illynx with only a seething desire to reclaim that which had been lost and to keep her talons deep in the snows of the north.

But that was why she was here, was it not?

Her smile does not falter though her heart does, words falling seamlessly in reply as her mind works out the aggravation of recalling a Goddess who had scorned her and her people, traded them for these pacifistic idiots who would bring her no honor – unless the Moon wanted sunshine shooting out of everyone’s ass. "She is a great number of things," her sweetened tones sound, hiding the rest of that thought in her heart, something along the lines of: a betrayer, a temptress, a bloody Goddess of fools.

But, ah, there is another in the distance, speaking to a dark man that Kahlua hails to with the friendliness of good friends, the Lady turning her eyes to spy upon the elegantly maned war stag (for he wore many a scar, his muscles fit and toned) and his bonded dragon, finding that in his company is a pale woman with crimson entwined in her locks.

The Queen turns to ask the golden mare if she will accompany her in her tasks of greeting, to which Illynx responds with a sweet and good natured, “mmm,” for the mare is interesting to her in more ways than one and far more than the equine stallion who accompanied her solemn figure. The pale woman seemed out of place in this collection of faces, which is interesting mostly because such a pretty girl rarely is without a home to go to – a reason Illynx places herself and her other female kin above the males, who seek out only wombs to implant things in. She also, however, wears a horn, which is always a good reason to approach another, especially when paired with the likely chance that she was a vagabond, wandering without a true place to return to – but more interesting than any of these things is the silver dragon that is with her.

She is too lost on the pair of them to notice a familiar, dual horned shape slinking away towards the outskirts of the tent clearing, too caught up in a potential catch to see her newest spy noticing her.

For once, Illynx is not the one opening with proper introductions and cheerful tones, her golden eyes watching the Queen announce herself from the corner of their reach to maintain more focus on the unicorn present. The stallion – Destrier, if she had heard Kahlua’s call right – might as well be an oversized, blackened stump, or a really big black rock for all the care and concern the Lady of the Basin gives him. It’s just as well, really, because he’s singing and probably wouldn’t want to have much of a conversation at the time, anyway – though her ears to hold to him for he sings a strange and beautiful song that she cannot help but give some of her focus.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance," the Lady’s voice dapperly expresses, "I am Illynx, one of the two leads of the Aurora Basin." Her smile is light and tinkling as she playfully glances at the pale unicorn mare with sparkles streaking through her eyes, poking fun at the age old hatred between what had been Mirage’s blasphemous coven and the Plague, now wearing away as the Lady set her plans of niceties into motion. "If I am allowed within the delights to be offered, surely you are as well!"

Destrier’s song comes to a close and Kahlua cheerfully praises his performance, the Gilded Blade herself now finally paying him enough notice to nod in agreement to the Queen’s words. "Splendid," she croons with a smile, "I still know some songs of the Edge, myself. Perhaps the favorite of my youth…"

She herself has finally thought up a song she herself would like to sing, genuinely one she had loved as a foal - and so she looks around her briefly to assure no others are about to raise their voices before she clears her throat and begins, her sweet soprano’s voice lifting high and easily into the air in praise of the Moon (who surely would be surprised to hear this voice, above all others, singing out among her children):

" Moon Goddess, brighter than a smile,
I spy you from miles at the fall of day,
Oh, Star Maker, you light taker,
Wherever you're shining, I'm going your way.

Two spirits, lost in the big world;
for there's a lot of world to see.
We're after the same star trail's end, watching 'til daybreak,
my mischevious mistress, the night, and me.

Moon Goddess, brighter than a smile,
I spy you from miles at the fall of day,
Oh, Star Maker, you light taker,
Wherever you're shining, I'm going your way.

Two spirits, lost in the world
for there's a lot of world to see,
We're after the same star trail's end, watching 'til daybreak,
my mischevious mistress, the night, and me."

[ OOC: Set to the tune of Moon River, if you all would like to sing along (the link will take you to youtube, be warnedddd). :3 ]

There was a river once,
with many round stones
enchanted by shallow hopes
of embracing the ocean;
water is peculiar this way,
how its life is a line
that cannot bend or change
without the approval of its bed.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Whisked out of the embrace of song the clattering of voices, rising upwards, ending the leave of a golden winged mare. Having been startled but then set into action as she watched Resplendence, the healer from the World's Edge that she had taken herbs to, invoke a stance of anger, that led to the Pegasus expelled. Fairly well in the moment, she wanted to know more, but their voices were lost as more came together. A male Pegasus took song up, singing with a booming voice much unlike her own.
Of the new arrivals, a colt with an odd creature come to her, introducing themselves, and complimenting her song. Normally, a stranger coming to her would lead to a start, her attempting to back away to find safety in a few yards distance. It is merely a child who couldn't bring harm, and with his joyous personality, she doubts he has the ability to do so.
Lacking anything to say after being catch off guard, she stared(almost rudely) for a few moments, seconds ticking away in her head before finally figuring it out. "Oh, thank you. I'm Sikeax, but the both of you can call me Sia. Do you mind if I call you Ry?" It was an odd thing to ask, but willing to offer a nickname to him, she found no harm to it.
Spirits were high, bringing in an endless supply of guests. Pale eyes cast themselves over each body, watching their actions, admiring their beauties and strengths. They intertwine with each other. Friends are made, reunited, voices high. More songs float about her ears.
Then, comes an idea.
"Hey, Ry, would you like to sing with me? We could make a song together, about anything you want, and could sing with the others." It's an odd idea, how she instantly see's making a child sing with her a good idea, but as the mare who appears to be his mother, the idea gathered by their shared coat colours, goes to the female who spoke first, their could be no harm to it.

OOC: Ooooh, I tried so hard.
@[Rikyn]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
Listen now,
Here the Moon's Song

Promises were unforgotten, lingering somewhere in the shadows, bright words inscribed within the darkness. A promise to a friend was most prominent, the alabaster man who was cloaked in scars, lingered alone waiting to be taken forward. She searches, even taking the aid of clouds to find this Ophelia. The mare she envisions is beautiful, a radiant woman who glows with breath-taking features and an elegant stride. The beaut sees this unfamiliar woman as being a fallen angel, a soft spoken childe taken from the sky and clipped of her wings. But this is only imagination at work, nothing more. What his Ophelia truly looked like was yet to be discovered.

Walking through the heavens upon the Earth Island, a dark avian upon shimmering, fragile shoulders, a swift stride picked up when music rings through the air. Sing-song voices, sweet, delicate music swaying through the area, a gathering with a large fire and many others gathered around it. She takes a step forward to watch a mare of white pass her by, something in her mind wants her to speak with this woman but she instead presses forward, finding herself stepping forward to admire the blazing fire that looks so beautiful on this moonlit night. Glancing around her, she opens her lips for but a sentence, not desiring to sing. "Is there an Ophelia here?" She looks at all the strange faces, but finds herself frowning as there are few. Instead she listens to the sweet voices, the steady rhythms and finds her hips swaying.

Her light had gone but returns now with assortments of flowers within sharp talons, colors that are dazzling and beautiful. Placing them upon the ground, the dark animal begins to weave the beaut's tail, using his beak and talons to weave the liquid glass into a braid, weaving flora into the crystalline locks. It is swift work, the owl settling onto her withers before crawling up to her crest, having woven a floral crown he places it atop her head, letting it settle there, although too big she still smiles when it's placed upon her crania.

She glances around, listening to the sweet voices that ring out like silver bells, finally deciding that she wanted to dance. Stepping before the flickering fires, she begins to twirl, raising herself upon two legs, raising her forelegs one at a time, she dances with elegance, graceful moves displayed before hungry flames that reach for the sky. She closes her eyes for a moment, sweeping down with her head before raising it again, letting herself dance about, letting herself go. She lets her troubles and worries melt away, slinking away into the shadows as the moon's light washes over her, her body moving fluently as she dances.

When her intricate dance is over, she bows down upon one knee, mane washing over the earth as her neck bends, nose kissing the dirt. She raises herself up and smiles, feeling joy fill her heart as she slips back into the shadows, letting others wander before her. Her light returns with more flowers, settling onto her nape with flowers in talon. He gazes upon everyone, silver pools washing over the fire, lighting up upon laying upon the flickering tongue of the flames.

"Sweet Lullabies"
- her tail is braided similarly to rapunzel's hair from tangled ( although not as thick ) with assortments of flowers & petals in it -

table by imi
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia did not expect any to hear the words she whispered from under her breath before turning to go. The light of the moon was too bright, exposing too much of her heart. Dull eyes danced from beneath white lashes as a voice followed in her wake, attached to a handsome, black stallion like Torleik but without the horns. She looked him over once, sure that she had never seen him before, and listened to him offer company. What company would she be now?

Of what use could she possibly be in this state? She had stumbled to the threshold of the gods only to be swept away happily into what she thought was death only to find that it was reality still. The disappointment still lingered like a bitter flavor on her tongue, and she wanted to just tell this stallion to fuck off. But, she was the one who wandered in here. She wad the one who had not been invited.

The presence of his green dragon startled her out of her thoughts, and Tinek chirped happily in his direction. The elder silver was always pleased to see those of his own kind, and the beastly, scaled creature on her back bowed low, a gesture he had learned from the one and only Comadre. Ophelia nodded to the green dragon before turning back to his bond mate, one corner of her lips turning up into a bitter, wretched smile.

"I can stay for a moment," she returned, turning around to see another unicorn sing a song. She had no words for the goddess of the moon, having never met her before. The shards of the stone sparkled in her hair in the darkness, making her look as white and vibrant as a star. If only they knew that she was a black hole on the inside, a vast emptiness.

Much to her surprise, a unicorn mare approached her, her coat painted in gold, and Ophelia blinked, her expression unmoved. When she introduced herself as Illynx, a leader of the Basin, Ophelia smiled, the upturn of her lips not meeting her eyes. "Ah, so you have replaced my aunt, Psyche," she trailed, wondering absently if this was Deimos' harlot. Torleik had mentioned her in passing, but he had made no judgement. Now, she regretted not asking more about this female.

"I am Ophelia the Forsaken, and I am not sure about that," she replied. If only the Edge knew that it was her who had made the pact with Psyche, bartering her warriors to fight against the Edge. The Basin had lost both battles, she had learned, but the negotiation with her aunt had been entirely Ophelia's doing. Ktulu had not been there, but Archibald knew. Her eyes glanced quickly around the crowd, not seeing his towering form anywhere.

The golden mare, Illynx, began to sing, and she listened, her heart not yielding to the emotions, encased in ice as it was. As if the manifestation of her state came alive, she stared into the distance, seeing a true horror. Ophelia could not tear her eyes away from the transparent, beating heart in the distance, and she felt a chill crawl down her spine as it called for her by name. Was this her demon? Come to drag her back to hell?

Ophelia stepped forward, spine stiff. "I am Ophelia." She might as well face the end of her fate head on.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Absent Abyss
And beneath the stars,
She found what she had been searching for

Upon the words of others the mare of alabaster whom had been fading turns back, stepping forth and drawing a stained gaze to her bleached curves. Her body is beautifully curved, the musculature of this foreign woman is quite breath taking, snowy locks fading into a bloodied mess. The fire taints the pure skin, which gratefully accepts the golden light that dances along her bodice. Another woman of ebony, splashed with golden flecks that run along her barrel, tainting her flesh, a step is taken back.

Waiting for many a beat, she finally sees that this alabaster woman has taken notice to her, looking horrified. Heart sinking, the beaut lets loose a frown that twists and distorts her crystalline mask, a moment of hurt flickering through her eyes. Her light gives a soft screech, a low tone, moody one that sounds similar to a wail, their emotions clashing as she begins to stride towards this white mare who calls herself Ophelia. Graceful steps, a short waltz around the blazing bonfire as she finally reaches the woman. "P-please don't look at me like that.." Her words are timid, hushed, blown away by a gentle breeze. "I don't like it..." Worry crossing over her gentle features, eyes softening as she looks into the cerulean and crimson eyes of the white angel, she drops her eyes to her hooves instead of meeting the eyes of his Ophelia. The alabaster had been giving this strange, horrified look at her before, she didn't like it and couldn't bear it. It made her uncomfortable when others did it, looking disgusted, afraid or turning ghastly white with shock while she passed. She could feel the pressure of their estranged gazes breaking her in, crushing her, fracturing her shell and peeling it away to reveal a center of hurt, of despair, one that she wished no one could see.

"You are his Ophelia?" She takes a cautious glance up, eyes pulling away from the earth beneath her precious hooves for but a moment before falling back down to the stony ground. Her words are still hesitant, quiet, and likely this beauty before her was straining to hear her delicate words fall from her cold lips. "He said your name while we lay there," She pauses, voice turning into but a faint whisper, like the wind weaving through the fading leaves, falling into a silent few words. "He was broken, he was hurt." She murmurs, finding herself recalling the way this man fell, this man whom she tried to help but only ended up falling with. Together they had braved a storm, the only word exchanged was but a name, a name that seemed to mean so much to the storm king. She had promised him that she would help him find her, his Ophelia, his angel he called out for when he was weak and broken.

And here was this promise, this piece that he had lost but she had found. She looked at the mare, her heart gently pulsing within her chest, casting a violent red glow along the mare's front. "He seemed to long for you— but do you long for him?" Delicate words are woven with unease, a moment of thought causing her heart to stop. What if she did not want to see him? What if he had been grieving because she was the one who had broken him and left him to pick up the pieces? "If you want to see him, follow me. We shall find him together." There's a faint smile dancing upon her lips as she says the last sentence, a small flicker of something ringing through her voice as she stands before his Ophelia.

"Sweet Lullabies"

table by imi
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia stiffened at the whimper the solid thing emitted, and as it approached, she lifted her neck warily, nostrils wide and flared with hesitation. She could not shake the feeling that this woman-thing was some creature of hell sent to drag her down, down, down into eternal darkness. Still, she stood, firmly rooted to the ground as she briefly glanced at the golden mare, Illynx, and the black and white mare who had introduced them. Tinek, equally as startled by feeding on her emotions, jumped onto Phi's back and watched with his predatory gaze.

The pale mare felt a tinge of compassion as the see-through creature asked her not to look at her in "that way", but she was still unconvinced that all of this was actually real. How could this mare be real? How could any of her soft expressions and gently lilted words actually exist? No longer was her expression horrified though, as the questions that raced through her head made her even more curious. Still, after being nearly killed on more than one occasion, she was reasonably wary.

Death followed her like a plague, leading back to the bloody markings on her body. They marked her lineage, a people bathed in violence and raised in war. The numbness that iced her heart after her mother's death was unshakable now, and as much as she wanted to comfort this crystal mare, she could not. No amount of want could break the permafrost around her shattered heart. Her eyes lifted, if you could make them out from the sharply angled, quartz lids.

Ophelia felt as if cold water was doused over the already frozen wasteland of her soul, and she frowned, ears laying back against her skull. Who was she talking about? The God of the Sun? The God of Time? Was this his way of taunting her? Sending nothing but a beating heart to say that she belonged to him? Mauja? The thought did not stir compassion, not after knowing what he was accused of doing. Not after he had left.

"Depends," she said quietly, wondering exactly what this creature meant by laying with whoever this male was. Ophelia had never denied being a jealous woman. "Who is he?" she asked, feeling the familiar firefly of curiosity circling the zapping light.

Absent Abyss
And beneath the stars,
She found what she had been searching for

With a silver reptile upon her back the woman stands before her, tearing her apart, exposing her. Her light ruffles his sleek black feathers, grip tightening upon her withers. The avian creature did not appreciate the looks given, snapping his beak and giving a screech that rang in her ears. Silver eyes focus only on the dragon, afraid it may harm the glass doe the bird spreads its wings and flaps, chest heaving and body appearing larger before settling down, walking farther up on her fragile withers.

The problems to this woman's words were that the answer was unknown. He was a friend, one made through silent actions, names never passed on. It was a friendship that was delicate, there upon the wings of a butterfly, fragile, and but a single fault would render them strangers. Ears flicking, wavering off to the side with a glance that follows, mouth open but words silent, she lets her eyes fall to the ground once again. "I do not know his name, but he is a peculiar man," a pause before hushed words continue, "he is a man of white and black, given a crown so that he may sit upon his broken throne." She recalls this man's image, blood caking one side of his alabaster body as he lay upon stone, body marked with dark scars and blackened splotches that danced against his hide.

Angling her crystalline body towards the shadows, where the fire's light does not touch, she takes a glance towards the bleached bodice of Ophelia, motioning off into the distance with her muzzle. "Follow me if you wish to see him." Where exactly this man was remains a mystery, but surely he could be found. Delicate steps are taken, eyes washing over the land around her. The dark was a place where demons lurked, where they slithered out of corners and jumped down from the sky, where they followed you in your own shadow, maws gaping and prepared for you to take one faulty step. Her beating faster, she takes a courageous step into this realm, beginning to walk away from the group until it became but a speck of light upon the horizon. She couldn't tell she had reached the edge of the land until she nearly fell off, Lior leaving a piercing cry linger in the air as her body is caught by a moist, fluffy cloud. Glancing back in hopes his Ophelia had followed, she takes graceful steps to remove herself from the cloud, lingering beside the stones in hopes this woman would follow before turning away, taking the first few steps away from the island.

"Sweet Lullabies"

table by imi
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia listened patiently, hearing that she did not know a name. However, the description was enough. She was talking about Mauja. A tumultuous ocean of emotions churned in her soul, emotions she was not sure she was eager to work out right now. The image of her mother's half-decayed corpse still haunted behind her eyelids, and the emptiness of her soul consumed everything that threatened to break the surface. Did she even want to feel this?

No.

So, she shut down, locking up any hint of emotion that pushed against the walls. Her expression did not change. "You speak of Mauja," she said, the tone of her voice beautiful and frosty. Where had he been? Where had he been when she was attacked - for him? Where had he been when he had threatened Midas? Where had he been after he escaped into the sea? Ophelia had seen these things in Gaucho's mind. She knew they were true. Memories rarely ever lied - they were just tainted by personal bias and faulty biochemistry.

He had left her at the Veins with barely a word, and she had not seen him for nearly a year since. The fact that he still felt something for her was touching, but what did it mean? With quicksand of crimes under his hooves, where did he stand? Ophelia knew that following now, seeing him like this, would not be right. In her state, she could never give him the benefit of the doubt. She would yell, scream, cry, break down and all of that just seemed like... well... too much work. All she wanted to do was silently slip beneath the surface and down.

"I don't. I can't. Not now." Ophelia watched as she turned to leave, her hooves carrying her away. "But know that this was not a failure on your part," she offered, the small modicum of comfort the only light in this drama. "Time is the only true healer."