the Rift

|| Gold Rush

Grimmrot Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Apprentice
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3 {Ages in Tallsun} Buff: NOVICE
Nyte
Grimmrot

The sun on my back is a welcome friend, for I have missed his presence on my travels through the Dark Lands. I never would have thought that a lack of him would be possible; doesn't every creature on the planet require light? Perhaps those lands really do desire the emblazoned touch of the sun, but they just lack the means to harness his power.

If that is the case, then I had better come up with something quick -- there is a great deal at stake! Now... If only I could redirect the sun's rays somehow... My molten orbs seek out the object in my black banner, widening when they witness the sun's light being reflected by them. Realization hits me at the precise moment that a blinding light does, and I squeeze my eyes shut as the brilliant beam infiltrates my vision. Patches of white appear beneath my eyelids as I swing my thick braid around, successfully wrapping the heavy thing around one of my legs. There, it can blind me no longer.

I crack open my ashen lids just as I am about to take a horribly misplaced step -- my ebony hoof flinches away from the sloping ravine before me. I should be relieved, or terrified -- or both! -- but I do not feel the pull of either emotion as I pick my way down the uneven rock face. Wonder has settled over me like a thick blanket, and I relish in its touch as I draw my body closer to what lies at the bottom. My slender legs are sure of themselves as they traipse on shifting soil and propel me across a gap of sharpened stone. I do not worry for my safety as I traverse this shallow ravine, nor do I wonder how this place came to be. Of course, I should be asking myself why there is a ravine in this beautiful forest, but how am I to know the answer to that? I am not a philosopher; I am a trader. And what do I do when I see something of value? I take it.

Although I'm not sure that feathers are valuable to everyone. Maybe just me.

My pink-dashed nose dives right into the nest that I have found, sniffing out for anything that might still be alive while sorting the goodies inside. My naves tighten at the smell of rotting flesh, but the dead do not bother me. I have searched many a carcass for bones and things, and I do not feel a sense of dread at doing so now. Maybe I should -- after all, I am a mare.

And mares can't trade. A bitter laugh erupts from my mouth as I remember what a (very angry) customer once said to me. It wasn't my fault that the value of his gold was just simply not up to par with my rubies -- or was it? Nevertheless, I got what I wanted from him. I kick my leg out to disentangle my braid, showing off the jewel that came of the less-than-honest trade. Yeeeeeaah, mama knows best.

While my mind has been reflecting on past events, my body has expertly plucked a handful of feathers from the nest they were once a part of. Luckily for me -- and unluckily for the residents -- the nest never had a chance to nurture the children it was built for, and so there is no worthless down for me to sift through. There's barely anything for me to gather here, in fact, and my ears flatten against my skull until I find a rather handsome specimen amidst all the rubble. My eyes widen considerably at the sight of it, and my ears immediately swivel back around. It is a beauty of a feather, this colorful thing, and I find it hard to consider making it available for trade.

They'll just have to offer me a pretty penny for it, now won't they? Some would call me a hoarder, but I swear I haven't always been this difficult.

Grasping the feather with my coal black lips, I turn my stained head so that I can tuck it in my mane. I've never bothered with taming it, and the gnarls and twists in my banner should hold my new bauble in place. The metallic blue looks magnificent against the black, and a delighted smile perches on my maw. Out of all of my past finds -- which have been few on my journey to the forest -- have not been nearly as exquisite as this one. I find it odd that I have found such a pretty thing in the remains of a torn and broken nest. The other feathers in it are black; why is this one blue?

Whatever the reason, it's mine now. Pride strikes a fine cord on the instrument of my heart, and I cannot cease to smile as I pull myself back out of the ravine. I had paid barely any attention to the foliage that scoured it, and I especially do not notice it now. A rotten log leans against one scarred wall of the hole that I am in, and another drapes itself across the gap that I leapt over. Without even meaning to, I guide my body towards it, meaning to use it as a bridge. Perhaps it is because of my joy that I neglect to watch my step, and a sharp squeal interrupts my thoughts as I start to fall.

My towering limbs catch on either side of the wood as I go down, scraping the skin on the inside of each leg. My coronets throb from the impact, but it is nothing in comparison to the pain I feel when my narrow chest slams into the fallen tree. The air is snatched from my lungs and I roll my eyes, struggling to breathe. I fumble for purchase with my flailing hinds, too scared of falling further into the crevice and too stupid to know that I am making things worse. The log begins to bow from my weight, and I cast an anxious gaze back to see if it is still anchored in the ground. The soil is too dry in this season, and the roots begin to rattle and shift as I move and, in panic, I expel the last of my breath in a hoarse cry.

Please! Someone help me! I cannot form any words with what little oxygen I have. Instead of making any further attempts at screaming, or trying to hasten my descent, I lay my striped cheek against the decaying bark. The fight has left me for me now, and my legs hang limply below me. I work my nares in a furious attempt to breathe again, gaining a few gasps of air and stirring bits of wood around me.

Was a feather worth all this? I really do not care. The only thing I can think of right now is, please find me.

Praesent luctus, nisl eu pretium porta, lacus nibh ultricies leo, viverra viverra lacus lectus sit amet augue. "talk talk talk"

{Feather taken from Introductions Take Two. Birdy found it and put it here.}

Just watch my fire continue to burn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image| Code by Tamme

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
[Image: 528944e73aa0f]

Aurelia the BlazeQueen
i set fire, to the rain...

I spotted the stranger easily. My eyes have become used to searching for newcomers here. This is what I want to do. I want to recruit for the Dragon's Throat. I'm sure Africa would be pleased to see me recruiting, too. So, as I spot this stranger, I realize that it is my time to shine. I step out into the light with a soft nicker and begin to approach the young lass. She is about my age and height, but are two clear differences between us. One, she is a unicorn. Two, she is much darker in color. "Hello!" My voice is kind and gentle, like a mother's voice to her newborn. I am still giddy about Destry being mine, so I am quite content now. There is a low chance I will do something insane, but one never knows.

"I am Aurelia, who might you be?" I state my name then ask for hers curiously. She has two horns that conjoin at the tip, which I think is fascinating. These horns are as ebony as her body. Her muzzle is pink and eyes gold. I have to admit it, she is quite beautiful, but Destry is more so. This mare has strange stripes dripping down from her eyes. Her tail is gently braided and tied with a gold band. I believe the white stallion from the Hidden Falls had more of a whacky haircut, though. "Are you in need of assistance?" My voice is still soft and gentle. The breeze carries the notes towards her. I smile, happily. I hope she'll like me and I can take her home.

"blah blah blah."

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Aurora Basin Apprentice
Nyte
Grimmrot

My heart hammers against my ribs like a caged bird, but this enclosure is not fashioned out of metal; it is constructed with fear. My eyes must look ridiculous to the cheery mare who has approached me, but I really cannot care less about my image. Normally I would be focusing on remaining calm in such a stressful situation, especially when negotiating with another trader (especially in a confrontation where blackmail is involved). But this time it is not a desperate customer who is feeling the pressure. This time, it's me.

Fear is never a good emotion to convey when performing a scam, but I do not try to keep it out of my voice when I declare my status. "Are you insane, woman? Of course I need assistance! Get me off this thing!" The log's roots begin to shift as if on cue, and my golden eyes emit an expression of pure horror when I turn to look. This isn't good. This really isn't good.

Can one make a living if one is dead? Does it become a dying in that situation? I really don't want to find out, but I am helpless with my legs wrapped around a log. As if the Gods can offer their assistance -- because the winged girl certainly hasn't -- I begin to scream obscene things in my mind that I will surely regret later.

I'm sorry, I really am! For everything! All the scams; all the lies... The blackmail... The cheating! Oh Gods, I promise you -- and this time I really do -- I will change my ways! Just save a humble trader, and I will make certain that you are not disappointed!

Praesent luctus, nisl eu pretium porta, lacus nibh ultricies leo, viverra viverra lacus lectus sit amet augue. "talk talk talk"

{Late, short, poopy. I am so sorry... Not much to do when stuck on a log. @[Aurelia]}

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
A shouting lures her into the Threshold where she had only been passing by – it sounds like trouble, whatever it is, if the level of panic is at all a deciding factor, and she darts out towards the ruckus swiftly in the case that its one of her kin trapped rather than an undesirable.

Finding the former and thankful to not have to expend energy to kick the log she’s stuck on free and plunging down into the ravine, the Lady draws to a halt with a bemused smile framing her lips and her golden eyes dancing with humor at the conundrum the mare in the ditch has found herself in. A memory of another mare stuck in the Threshold thrums to life and subsides – though Iosui was in much less danger than this one, to be sure.

Her words are breathy with laughter when she finds her voice, peering down into the crevice she’s stuck in with thoughts flickering through her as to how the poor dear can be freed. She’s in an unfortunate situation to be sure – the summer has left the earth dry and brittle and every tiny tremor threatens to tear what little hold the wood has on either side of the rocky walls, and with her legs splayed to either side of the log it is hard not to chuckle with a bit of humor when addressing the stranger.

"Quit moving, you idiot," she says to the white streaked trapped damsel, completely ignoring the stupid winged beast that obviously has stones for brains if she has to ask if the unicorn in the ravine has found herself in trouble, "you’re breaking it loose flailing around like that."

Tossing her dark hair out of her eyes and making an arc of motion around the area, she looks for places for the stuck woman to haul her own way out. Even if feathers for brains had leapt into action, one bird is not enough to lift the trapped crafter from her poor position; a thought slips to Kyst, too small to be of any help. That leaves only good old fashioned climbing as an option. Looking over her shoulder for one of the long vines so characteristic of the old forest, she locates one and her griffon is gone and back with the selected rope material in her talons, dropping it down the side of the ravine to dangle in front of the stuck mare.

"Kyst is going to come tie this to the log, and bring you others for yourself," she calls down before grabbing the free end by her hooves and trotting over to a tree, looping it around the trunk and tying it snug while Kyst does the same to the log below. With any luck and swiftness, the vines will hold the log more securely in place while the desolate creature regains her footing; the ones tied to her own self would be attached to Illynx and the idiot pegasus, if she was useful for anything at all. "Don’t move until the log is secured if you don't want to be a future study object for my Haruspex."

Quickly working, she gathers several more long vines to attach to the log itself and more to go around the mare, returning to the edge of the precipice with a sigh of relief that the whole thing hasn’t come down yet. Her griffon flits around on spread wings, talons working knots.

if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Aurora Basin Apprentice
Nyte
Grimmrot

As I struggle to maintain my uncomfortable position on the shifting log, a new voice comes to me and reduces my fear to dust. Of course, I understand it now; it is my own fault that I have wound up in this awful situation. If I had only allowed my terror to pass through me and not take hold of me, I would not have reacted the way I did.

Immediately I blame the pegasus for her inaction. Perhaps if the woman had not wasted so much time asking me if I was in trouble -- does it look like I hug logs for fun?! -- then I would not have panicked and endangered myself further. Yes, it is obviously the winged one's fault for this. I shall have to make sure that I am reimbursed for any emotional trauma that I may have suffered. I think I may settle for one of her speckled wings. Seems fair enough to me.

As I am coming up with a suitable trade for the harm that I have been forced to endure, the voice from earlier returns. It is not as harsh as before, and I find that I enjoy its authoritative tone much better than its belittling one. Does this lady even realize that she is speaking with a trader from a powerful family? She better hope so, because there are some hefty fines to be paid for harassment.

Not even a second after I have decided to sue not one, but two of the foreigners from this land, a vine is being hefted down the edge of the ravine. My horned crown cranes itself back so that I can see what's going on, but all I get in return is a leafy slap to the face. Real tears threaten to spill down my white-stained face, but a sharp command halts their descent.

What did she just say? Haruspex? Oh please, I don't want to die! I much preferred to steal bones for making things than providing the material for such contraptions. My thoughts reach back to a few minutes ago, where images of my gangly black body are approaching a nest full of bones. Had my perilous expedition been worth it for only one feather? One of my eyes roll back to look at the pretty thing. It is elegant, and long, and a most exquisite shade of blue. Of course it was worthy of this abuse! And do you know what would make this find even better? If I lived another day to trade it away!

It appears to be raining vines now, for several of the mossy green tendrils have joined me on my bridge. An odd little creature accompanies them as well, and it busies itself with the task of tying leafy ropes around my log. At first I am a little unsure of it -- and entertaining the idea of auctioning it off -- but then I realize just what it's doing. It's trying to save me!

I rise on my wounded pillars, shaking like a leaf that is being battered in a storm. The creature's plan to stabilize the bridge is working so far, and I will not waste any time in departing from it. With a hopeful expression upon my brow, I turn my muzzle skywards, calling out to the heroine who has come to my rescue. "I'll have another vine for me now, please! The log has stopped its shifting!" Uncertainty lessens the gratitude in my voice, for it is surely not the porcelain lass who has hatched this fine plan. I am depending on the two strangers to help me all the same.

"talk talk talk"
{Thanks Bunnie. c: Gonna give @[Aurelia] and @[Illynx] a chance to post again.}

Illynx
Kyst takes in the appraising look of the crafter while her little claws work away at the natural rope material that Illynx tosses down to her with a reservation that she had never felt when in the presence of another one of the large, four legged creatures that are known as unicorns. It feels almost like she’s in danger – but as swiftly as it rises it fades, the ripples from above signifying that her Lady is returning with more vines to strap the log into security and swallowing up the griffons need for self preservation at around the same time Grimmrot realizes what the little animal is doing.

Chirruping when Illynx’s face reappears over the ravine’s edge to watch the stranded mare rise on shaking legs on top of the vine supported log. Her fear laced words reach the golden mare above and another row of laughter streams out of her mouth, the young griffon mewling with good humor as well; grabbing the last few vines she has at her hooves, she tosses them down – two to Kyst, one to Grimmrot.

"Kyst, around her chest and haunches, if you would darling," she commands, her feminine voice curt and gentle as she works the three ends at the top of the ravine into a loop and snuggly secures them with two knots. Her horn tip slips beneath the slip of the tri-vine hoop and her crown lifts to allow them to slide down around her shoulders. Glancing down the ravine to find that her griffon has done as she asked, she states her intensions and the plan to get the foolish woman out, golden eyes glittering in her mirth at having found someone so completely stuck.

"Alright, dear. Grab that vine in your mouth and hold tight. I’m going to pull while you climb." She turns to leave, a frown dampening her Cheshire smile as she quickly looks back down the gash in the earth, thinking of another note that is likely imperative to add.

"Do try to be tactful with where you put your hooves? I don’t want to wind up down there with you."

And with that, she steps forward, the tension building along the vines until she’s sure they’re tight enough to both assist and support the weight of the trapped mare as she makes her escape; her golden legs are braced wide and each step forward is slow and assured, a call tossed back to let the stranger know it is safe now to start the rise upward.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Aurora Basin Apprentice
Nyte
Grimmrot

Amid all of the panic and the urgency that has wrested control of my senses there is no room for shame when the sound of their laughter reaches my ears. Normally I would have come up with some bratty retort to their making fun of me, but the whole of my being is focused on getting someplace safe. I don't even stop to consider the odd stare that the creature is giving me; its claws have already worked some vine around my bosom, and I'm so shocked by this action that I no longer care. "Watch where you put those things!"

My voice is as filled with fear as it is with indignation, but I brush the feeling off with a shiver as my eyes take in the steep earthen wall. How on Earth did I get down here in the first place? It had seemed so easy then! A quick glance down at my raw legs and aching feet tells me that the climb back up will be nothing in comparison to getting stuck on that log. My muscles start to ache at the thought of it. Let's just get out of here.

Before I grasp the (hopefully) sturdy vine with my mouth I open it one last time to respond to the unknown lady's commands. "Believe you me, no one wants to be down here." Despite the negativity that my words give to the situation, I still do not regret getting stranded down here. Now that there is nothing else that interests me in here, however, my pools have grown tired of widening in fright. It is time that I removed myself from this place.

A weary foot plants itself at the base of the Earth's steep dimple, and I move the next ashen thing to initiate my climb. As I continue my advance up the wall, grunting and gritting my teeth with effort all the while, I can't help but think about what a day it has been. First, a long and boring journey to the forest I have found myself in. Second, the best discovery I've had since going on said journey. And now third, enjoying (or perhaps just tolerating) the company of two individuals that I've never had the pleasure to encounter before. Putting the "getting trapped down in some ravine and winding up stuck on some log" part of the story aside, it's been quite a fruitful day. Just look at the treasure that has come of this perilous adventure! I did it all by myself (okay, with a little bit of assistance) to boot.

As soon as I drag myself out of Earth's gaping maw I forget all about my dignity as a trader and collapse on the ground. My naves are working hard to provide oxygen to my quaking body when I remember that I am not completely unseen up here. Molten eyes flutter open and a striped head turns to thank my heroine, but I am gasping too much to speak. I wait until my heart is no longer hammering in my chest before my words spew out of my maw.

"Thank you, oh Gods thank you thank you. If there is anything that an experienced trader can do for her savior, please do not hesitate to ask!" I repeat my rushed offer of thanks inside my head, eyes widening when I realize that I gave up something much too great in value. I struggle to make amends of my hasty trade before either of the golden women can accept. "Well, of course not anything, for that is something I do not have...Although I reserve the right to refuse any of the items, favors or contracts that you may inquire about." Nervous laughter escapes my lips, and I roll my eyes as a wave of pain tears through me. I really need to get back on my feet.

Picking my aching body off the ground, I am sure to make eye contact with the pegasus. "You are exempt from this deal, for you did absolutely nothing to help me!" I throw my weapon up in the air as my head jerks back, advancing on the winged girl with quick, painful steps as my lips part to berate her.

"You owe me if anything! Your inaction could have had me killed!" I snap my stained head back to glance at the horned doe, reasserting myself as the diplomatic gypsy that I am. "You, however, are deserving of my mercy. What is it that you're doing here anyway?" What mercy I am talking about I don't even know. This solemn vixen could probably kick my ass to the curb before I could even shout, 'deal!'.

"talk talk talk"
{Let's get this lady out of a hole, shall we?! Ugh it's crappy, but threshold is draining my muse for her.}

Illynx
As it was the last time she’d had to save one of her kin from an unfortunate situation, she finds she rather likes the unicorn that has found herself in such a conundrum; it is perhaps not obvious, the way she laughs and smirks at her misfortune, but to have been the only thing that had kept the poor dear from death by rocks and to have been the one to have managed to free her from her predicament left a certain fondness in ones heart for the object of their salvation. It also meant that the woman owed her for her life – which was surely valuable to just about any mortal one crossed paths with, unless they were miserly and longed for such an escape.

When the mare is finally back on steady, level ground, Illynx tugs the vines free from herself and turns to look more fully at the prize she has fetched from the depths. Dark coated and marked with white along her face, she is a simple thing to look at, surely not the most dazzling specimen of her kind that has ever been found in the shadowy wood – but what could be expected from someone who falls into ditches?

Reasonably, the woman is shaken, and the Lady calmly waits for the shakes to ease their way out of the black flesh that coats her bones as Kyst flutters up from the log below and over to land lightly astride Illynx’s platinum plated back. Her smile gleams as words fall quickly from the lips of the salvaged unicorn, a mix of emotions rising at the gratitude as well as the now apparent skill set of the woman; Illynx has great use for those who can craft objects, both for decoration (if her sapphire encrusted jewelry, amulets, and armor did not reveal such things of herself, already) and for warfare.

The second thing was back home, born from the splendid magic of the man she had claimed as her own. She wonders what this one before her does aside from simply trading; is she capable of her own feats of magical wonder, or does she have room to learn within the folds of the herd?

Laughter slips from the Lady’s dark lips as the trader sets the terms of her deal, turning anything into a much more manageable something for herself, a genial nod tilting the sculpted face of the golden horned wench. "It is the least I might do for one of our blood," she says, golden eyes flickering upwards to the spiraled crown that gleams upon her brow (for they are not truly sisters, she does not think for even an instant – her parents died young, their family far away), "though your offer is gracious, and well taken."

The woman moves to gather herself more fully and turns to glare at the by standing one with wings and golden lacing, vehemence lighting her words and drawing a delightfully amused smirk to the lips of the watching Lady. Restraining her laughter behind a falsified benevolence, the Gilded Blade arches her neck and steps forward, placing herself more fully in the trader’s line of sight and thus more fully in her thoughts.

"The winged one cannot help the ways in which she has failed you today, darling," her voice floats and carries across the air with grace, "it is in her nature, stupidity given to her by her ancestors who bred with mindless birds." Her eyes turn towards the white and gold one with a snotty air of being greater than she, as all pegasus were looked upon aside from those who would serve her uses beyond a quick game and a comfortable, feather filled pillow or two.

"Come, let us leave the poor beast with her failures," she says softly, turning north, towards home; the walk was long, and would give ample time for her to implant the idea of living in the Basin and ease the aggravation that so suddenly had swept the rescued mare, "I have an offer to share with you, anyway. I think you’ll find it fair, and fitting to your stipulations."

Aurora Basin Apprentice
Nyte
Grimmrot

My saviour's response to the idiotic bird takes me by surprise. She talks of her lineage (which I find rather disgusting, and probably very untrue) and how she simply cannot help but to be the useless thing that she is, but I am as uncertain of her words as I am of my legs at the moment. The poor things are still shaking from their past endeavours, and I'm not sure that I will be able to go on. The horned lady has started speaking of an offer for me, however, and my aching pillars feel rejuvenated at the prospect of gaining something from this proposal. I furrow a brow as I consider this deal -- my undying gratitude in return for some unknown subject -- but I do not dwell on the matter for long; the ebony lass has removed herself from my presence, and I am quick to immerse myself in hers.

"This offer of yours... What does it include? Should it consider a job of some sort, then I'll let you know right now that I am not one for manual labour... Unless, of course, it will be of some benefit for me?" I cast a sly glance towards her, hoping to read her rather stern face for some sort of lead to go by. I find none in the molten abyss of her eye.

My lips tremble in hesitation; holding my words back in a much wiser approach than my moving tongue. I do not know whether to proceed with this interaction or to halt its process altogether -- although I'd be lying if I wasn't at all interested in what may be about to unfold. All that I can hope for now is a place for my weary legs to rest, and for some reason I can sense that in this foreign mare.

Rather than posing a question for her to answer with more evasive words, I state my position as clearly as I can. "If where we are going is far off, I certainly hope there will be some place where I can rest." I sigh as if for effect, swinging my thick rope of a tail while I try to match the armored woman's pace.

{Ugh why do I take so long to write her... She's so easy to write! XD So it's sorta poopy but my muse for this thread is shot. Time for round two!}

Illynx
As is common with those discovered in the borders and across the land, Illynx’s brash commentary on what she believes to be the truth of the silent pegasus is mildly offensive – not that she gives a damn, ignoring the slight surprise that takes the other mare at the comment and surging onward as if she had only made a side note on the day’s weather.

Thankfully, the woman retrieved from the ditch is a gluttonous one, and the offer of an offer is enough to quickly steal her away from whatever negative thoughts may have crossed her at the harsh jargon of the Lady. Upon her spine, Kyst watches with nearly unblinking blue eyes the white streaked mare, not so soon forgetting that she had been looked at as if a possession to be taken for a time, but the griffon is otherwise motionless and still, riding with wings tucked the gentle, even strides of her golden mount.

As Illynx has come to expect from the dame in their short time together, the words that spew from her mouth are plentiful; if manual labor involved chatting, this one would be most useful, despite her objections, but there is no work to be done involving words that Illynx can’t accomplish herself and she has other things in mind for a self proclaimed trader.

She has a new relationship with the World’s Edge to foster, after all, and her Ulrik, while brilliant and full of talents, is not the most social of sorts – neither is Farenjer, for that matter, now that she ruminates on it. He always speaks as if his voice is layered in dust.

"You say you trade? My people are creators of cloth and metal constructs, and we house an herbalist or two," she explains, breezing around the more complex craft of her darling Engineer for a later date when the lustful wench laid eyes on his finest (and surely most massive) of creations towering outside their gates, "all goods worth their weight, to be sure, and with a newly opened line of commerce between ourselves and the dominion of the Edge to the south and west of our home, you should find a prosperous life among us." She smiles, golden eyes twinkling with her minute games, the tray of bounty she offers for a seemingly small and inconsequential fee. "I’d only ask you acquire a skill set of your own, to add to the richness of our community, and work well with the other craftsmen who inhabit the mountain," how easy that would be, Illynx did not know; she’d never tried to barter with Ulrik.

She’d only really ever told him what to do, and he had obliged; the best of mutual relationships.

A tinkling laugh breaks her lips as the woman makes a jest about the distance to where ever they are going, as if she had already resigned herself to live wherever the golden one did because she had fetched her out of a hole. A wonder rises to her again as to how and why she had managed to get down there in the first place, resettled behind the conversation already at hand.

Did it really matter why she was down there? Illynx already knew better than to ever let the woman near a battlefield for such reasons, and that was plenty enough to be thankful for. No need to go rooting around to reveal further flaws in her newest trinket; she’d rather let time wear away her prettiness, as it always did.

"The Aurora Basin, my home, is a good ways to the North, nestled in the Steppe," she explains, golden horn gesturing towards the distant peaks as it has done seemingly a hundred times before, "if you grow weary before we arrive, I know dozens of locations to bed down for a while along the way. I recently had a colt, you know." It seems as good a time as any to start small talk, and the woman was coming to the snow lands, after all; it was never too early to teach her the who’s who of her people, and her son, as far as Illynx was concerned, was among the top things to be respected. "You learn of such places more swiftly than you ever had on your own with a babe who needs to rest his tiny hooves."

[ OOC: Basin thread coming <3 ]