the Rift

[OPEN] The Decider

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

Eliminated! Veci teased, flooding the mind of his disappointed bonded with a running commentary of practically his greatest failure. His decision to hold back from the initial lunge of the Pegasus crowd had been a fair one, and while avoiding the early argy bargy, Hector made steady ground. He’d sailed forward, overtaking the stragglers with ease, and with the ring in sight, gathered strength to hurl himself through. Unfortunately he had come up against a headwind not expected, and the chestnut giant’s balance skewed from course- he missed the race marker.

...he waits for the race to begin... the mischievous Boggart began again, but Hector had not the patience to listen. Veci, please check the tent for sign of the herd, he instructed jadedly, wishing only for a moments peace to recover.

With his companion set with duty, the hybrid wandered down from the field below where he’d been disqualified from the competition. Glancing for a moment towards the heavens, his thoughts filled with new doubt. Perhaps he wasn’t the fit warrior he had been for so long. His motivation was tarnished and indecisive, and it seemed his natural flare and ability to perform in such events like the race lost, was fading. As a whole his reservations soured his want to continue as a soldier; it spurred him to think harder about pursuing new education, but he knew that only the God of the Sun would give him the answer he needed. Somehow...

As he neared the arena, tangerine eyes wandered beyond to find out if Veci was yet returning from the little oasis; their home away from home. It seemed not, and Hector drew a long breath, sizing up the sandy ring and glancing to see if anyone was near. Perhaps the only way to know if his abilities had softened was to test them and see. He slid quietly forward, and the golden-red flecks adorning his wings as they lifted halfway, shimmered brightly beneath the blazing sun of the day. Sound hooves quickly adopted the warrior march (a choppy, ready trot), and he began to circle, skilled eyes roving the area passed by for sign of an opponent.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Arvakl
The race was fun and all, but I didn't win, no matter how much I swore up and down that I would. Fuck that. Fuck them. I'll go show them how awesome I am some other time. As I strut across the island, once again in my beautiful, graceful equine form, I feel inside that I'm already looking for trouble again. It's true, though, I am. Few things have entertained me. The race amongst other pegasi was interesting, and I enjoyed it. But it's over now, and I lost, and I'm a terribly sore loser.

Tail held high in the air, antlers raised up and nostrils flaring as I snort over and over, I pick up a trot and keep my eyes peeled for someone to pick on. Never mind that I'm only three and certainly don't appear intimidating... (OR DO I.) I see some sort of.. ring in the center of the island (is it the center? I have no idea). It's blocked off in a way that certanily MAKES it seem like a place to spar. Hmm.. I approach, still trotting, prancing, whatever. Sure enough, there's someone there. He, too, is trotting. A hybrid like myself, red like a fire burning bright, the bone horns protruding from his face look painful, but I scoff at painful! Flecks of bright red and orange litter his wings, making him look aflame. I'll shown him aflame.

I prance over to him, eyes sparkling with mischief. Hey brute - fancy a tiff with a pretty little number like me? An invite, an insult, let's just wrap it all up and put a little bow on it shall we? Take me on or get the fuck out of my way. Give me a chance to stretch my legs, dull my antlers on your flesh. I want to take you home as my trophy.. and certainly, I'd love to taste that coppery fluid that runs through your veins. Please oh please baby, don't deny me.

Walk. Talk.

OOC: I'm just gonna say that she didn't win, so it makes sense for them to be sparring, cuz otherwise she'd be IN the race right now. SO. Yeah.
I'm so FANCY
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

The Spar

... Right across her pale, blotchy body lay the remnants of his teeth, sharp hooves; blood seeping to stain. Hector cast a thoughtful, meticulous eye over her, admiring that which he had not before been given a chance to see properly. There was no longer the weight of neither conflict between them, nor the pressure to predict, to stay one step ahead and the stallion thought with a steadier mind that she was indeed a lovely creature.

"What is your name warrior, and from where do you hail?" he asked quickly between each heaving breath as he fought to recover. She could only have been a soldier. Such prowess was hardly an inherited gift. He waited long enough for her to answer, and then gave his own name. "I’m Hector, Dragon’s Throat Spear."

The stallion’s sodden coppery neck ached terribly, and he craned it both left and right, trying to pop the vertebrae; any effort to relieve the rising cramp through its length. Generally, he was not one for small talk and lingering to chat after these spars was something he could never recall doing before. He was intrigued though, just like he had been by the ivory touched bay who seemed always to charm him - Morana. Burning eyes gazed quietly, never leaving her body, the ripple of sweat-stained sinew beneath a canvas so unusual.

The small crowd which had gathered to watch slowly filtered away through the village, and as the pair were left alone, Hector stepped closer, skin tingling painfully where it had been split by her teeth. Narrow ears sauntered forward with him, resting curiously as he waited for her to further this meeting- there were duties calling always, though if she wished him to linger, he would.

@[Arvakl]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
it's okay to be crazy

Before I take into consideration the words of the brilliant red stallion, I peer around at the small gathering that has surrounded us in our spar. I let out a strange hiss at them, pinning my ears flat against my skull and baring my teeth. They seem a little unnerved by the strange creature hissing at them, and they scatter fairly quickly. I raise my gaze back to the stallion's, and the expression completely changes on my face. Instead of annoyed and aggressive, it's back to flirtatious with a hint of masked pain.

He introduces himself as Hector, Dragon's Throat Spear. Well, that answers the important questions. But really, do I care what his name is, where he's from, what he does? Actually, no. Many would, I'm sure. I guess having his name is nice. What is really important to me is if he's feeling the way I'm feeling right now. But these small matters of identity seem to matter to him, so I suppose I shall engage in the little things. "I am Arvakl, of nowhere special." I bat my eyelashes over my sparkling emeralds, and step closer so that we are nearly touching as he too nears me.

I reach my muzzle forward to brush against his wounded neck, if he'll let me, and I expose my bloodied neck to his. "That was so.... electrifying." I breathe the words, my body alight with adrenaline, the pulsing heart of a mare dying for the D, turning on by his masculine scent and the blood that stains us. "Do you feel... what I feel?"

WC: 264
Tag: @[Hector]
What? I thought I wrote more than that! DAMNIT. APPLESAUCE.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.