the Rift

Hope is the Heartbeat of the Soul

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor

Despite the lengthy journey, the excitement had yet to die from her limbs. She'd only met with the Goddess of the Moon, had never encountered the other Gods, but she hoped they were more giving than the sole Goddess. Lakota had managed to slyly trick d'Artagnan in order to achieve her magic previously, but it didn't ensure that she would be so lucky in her quest for her intended abilities this time should the Lady of Dark and Wind approach her another time to grant her desires. Maybe Ktulu wasn't biting at the bit to have foals, but she still wanted them, and that was more than enough for the sapphire maiden. Her prayers accompanied her the entire walk, not that it was much of a walk since she was so eager she nearly bounced the entire way. It would be her time to pray when her knees met the warm black stone of the Veins, but all throughout she could not stop herself from the quiet mantra inside her thoughts; please let me have the child I've always wanted, please let me share this precious life with my mate even if nature deemed our love unnatural.

Her internal fears and doubts were cloaked in her fervent prayers, internally scared that maybe the God of the Earth would come and release his unheard-of rage upon her for wanting a child out of the mare he'd chosen to father his son, the one neither mare had seen in seasons. Fear made her tremble inside, but love for a life still unconceived drove her ever forward. As the scenery changed and the hours dragged on, Lakota wished she had some sort of allegiance to any of the Gods, for she had no idea who to call upon. Was it good then? Would a God she'd never met find more ease in abiding her request merely because she did not happen to follow their sibling? Or would it still be a source of frustration that she did not follow them?

Ebony hooves met stone of similar color, as if she were a walking incarnation of the Veins themselves with her electric blues and subtle sapphires, fading into the deepest of shadowed blacks. Echoes of her passing rang in her ears, daunting, as if desiring to scare her from that which she wanted most. She didn't allow it to wreak havoc on her courage as it attempted. Perhaps others would deem her an unfit mother, for how she had stung them with the barbs of her attitude, but all she wanted in life was the chance to mother a child better than she had been raised. The Poisoner prayed the Gods would see the softness so few got to witness, her mate beside her one of the few, and know she would do anything and everything for the foal should she be granted the right to have one.

Slowing in the center of where the Shrines were collected, hesitant as to whose to approach, she knelt upon the warm stone and bowed her head until forehead pressed to the earth as well. Her prayers were silent as they beckoned those above to visit her, a desperation and a longing in the voice of her thoughts.

Using my VotG pass! Lakota is hoping for this:

(5/31/13) :: [Genetic Mutation: | Permanent ability to conceive with another mare]

If she's impregnated during this thread specifically, depending on how the Admin play whichever God they choose, I believe we'll be using Ali's Twin Foal Stats!

Feel free to use whichever God you want <3

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God of the Earth loved Ktulu, even if she did not quite understand who she was yet. After bearing Hototo, the God assumed that she would settle down, but now she was, apparently wanted to have a third child with another lover. Still, he did not judge, but he was curious about her motivations. How many would she give pieces of her heart to until she found its home? Lakota, the new love, showed up at his shrine, so he cloaked himself in the leaves of a tree as he spiraled down to the surface.

He had been watching the comings and goings of Hototo's mother for some time, and had not read any minds as of yet. So, when he saw Lakota kneeling near his shrine, he cleared his throat, the sound like thunder. The peaceful god smiled jovially. "What is it you seek from me, Lakota?" he asked gently.

Lakota & Ktulu

The coming of a God was always so unexpected, she had not thought the trembling of the earth and the throaty clearing of dust from an ancient voice would be any different. In some ways, it was, for it was kinder than the two arrivals the Moon Goddess had exhibited when Lakota had sought her for the magic that lingered in her veins. Now she could see, standing before kind, wise eyes and a face reminiscent of mountains and soft soil, why they called him Father Earth. Her conflict over his fathering of Hototo with the mare lingering at her side is swept away by the soft voice, strong and ancient yet tender in its delivery. He knows her name, though she did not doubt he wouldn't, and bare crown lifts from the warm rock of the Veins to gaze upon him for the first time with sincere violet eyes.

Despite being unsure of the correct procedure for encountering a God, Lakota had pride and enough value in herself to not desire to remain knelt upon the earth before him. Instead she stands, perhaps a bit shakily as she remembers the connection this celestial being has in her life, inadvertent as it may be on Ktulu's end. But in the end she stands before him simplistically, a mortal before a God, all barriers stripped and the raw flesh of her hopes and desires laid bare and wanting before the eyes of the benevolent being who could deign to grant them to her.

No nervousness in the world could make her words waver, and as they escape her lips they are concrete and sincere in every way possible that is able to be incorporated in spoken word. "Ever since my sister was born, I knew I wanted to be a mother. I couldn't reverse the damage of my own parents, but to be a better mother to another soul so reliant upon me..." She fades, hopes he can feel the compassion and the love that burns inside her hotter than the magma of the Veins. "I have settled now, as many do in time. I can offer so much more than I ever could previously. All I want is the ability to...to have foals with the only other living soul I've loved in my life." She is not generally a mare that speaks so freely of emotion, of loyalty and devotion, but she will not be a coward before this mighty immortal Father. So instead she falls quiet, eyes never leaving his, seeking an answer or a sign that she might be granted her one desire.

Plot with me here!

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth

The God listened gently as Lakota spoke, nodding along with the honesty of her words. His kind gaze was thoughtful, allowing her to finish before his bearded jaw shifted with unsaid words. He had no doubt the Poisoner loved Ktulu, but did she love her back? His mind shifted to Midas, and the child they had produced, Ranjiri. He had heard plenty from Midas, lamenting their broken relationship, but Ktulu had been comparatively silent on the matter. Had she not loved him at all? Was Lakota so sure that she was the one to hold the heart of such an untamed mare?

Very likely she did.

Sighing softly, the God nodded.

"She has two other children, as I'm sure you know.." The question wasn't meant to illicit a response, more so it was the God speaking his thoughts out loud. "And you've now both settled out of my lands, in the Edge." Sadness tainted his voice with this latter comment. "I assume Ktulu also has expressed her desire to this conception to be made possible?"

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

when your eyes are red and emptiness is all you know
with the darkness fed i will be your scarecrow</style>

Ktulu was late arriving to the shrines and by the time she'd made it the God of the Earth was already standing with Lakota. The Earth God's voice was unmistakable. It was strong yet gentle, his words spoken clearly enough that even at a distance she could hear him pointing out that she already had two other children and that she and Lakota had settled outside of the God's own lands. The Foothills, or Hidden Falls now, would always hold the largest part of her heart. It was home.

As the Constrictor took her place by her mate's side she dipped her head to the God. "I have consented to Lakota's desire." She answered his question. "I only want to make her happy. If she desires a family, to be a mother, then I will give her exactly what she wants." Who was she to deny Lakota the joys and sorrows and pains of motherhood? Her head turned and she gazed at the mare that she considered to be the better half of herself. She had loved Midas in her own way, had wanted to make them work, but had given up when their relationship had begun to fracture.

"I want Lakota to be in my life forever. I want to give her the family that she wants but I cannot without your help." It was hard for her to admit that she could not to something even when it was obvious. Would he deny them? Would it be because they no longer resided in the Falls?

"You will always be my God." Ktulu whispered. "No matter what herd I live in, no matter if I leave Helovia or make this my permanent home. I will always pray to you and seek guidance from you."

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota & Ktulu

A shiver ran the length of Lakota's form as she realized that maybe the God had peered further into the past, into her mind, than she had anticipated. Did he see her doubts? Her lingering fears concerning Ktulu's love? And so she lifted her eyes to him, all barriers dropped in the face of this majestic being, and allowed him to see her fear. But among it was her stubborn will, her determination to have this child no matter the consequences. "Whether she remains with me, or her heart wanders...no matter what she chooses, I will love her foal as much as I love Ktulu now. I cannot know the future...it is ever changing. There will always be the possibility, the doubt...but if I let it consume me, I cannot hope to hold her with me as a mate regardless." Tone was firm, unyielding. She believed in every word to the full extent she could possibly muster. Yes, she had doubts. Yes, she knew Ktulu may leave her as she had always feared the moment she saw Ktulu and Midas around Ranjiri on her birth day. But if she allowed that to take her over, there would be a large fissure in their relationship, and then the possibility of Ktulu's leaving would become a surety. So Lakota would take each day in stride, as she had sworn to do the moment their love was professed. And she would not let her doubts eat her, would love the foal no matter how her relationship with Ktulu would end. And she laid it all out in her eyes, in the forefront of her mind, so that only she and the Earth God could see. Offering up everything she didn't want to word in front of Ktulu, to show the God how sure she was of her decision.

Behind her, the sound of hoofsteps strengthened, and her mate was the next to speak. The harsh, logical construction of her primary sentence struck a sliver of defeat in the mare's heart, but she refused to allow it to influence her. Consent and desire...why was it the Earth God made it seem so much more beautiful, made them appear to be a team, and then Ktulu turned it around to signing away her will? But her heart was strong, and she would not quiver beneath the weight of her beloved's personality, for she had herself grown soft over the years but she could not expect the same of her mate.

Whatever doubts were washed away regardless, and Lakota swelled beneath Ktulu's words, smiling to herself even as she continued to stare up at the immortal being. Though his sadness was not something she, nor Ktulu it seemed, could overlook. It wasn't a curl of lips that lasted long because of it. "Were it appropriate, I would only reside in your lands. But I have too old of habits, and we desired to make amends to the Edge for our actions...but it is your magic that changed me, that helped me heal instead of hurt. It will always be you who saved me from that darkness, merely by making me your medic. Your law will always be inscribed on my heart, and though I long for your lands...I stand by my mate first and foremost." Head bowed at this statement, the truth nearly a burden upon her shoulders with the realizations. Lakota wished that she could offer some more permanent solution, that she could return to the Foothills- no, the Falls now- but old habits and strong pride coupled with her desire to remain where Ktulu found her roots would not be denied no matter her secret wishes.

If she could not be the Medic in a land far too changed, no longer her home...she could not stand to return.

Plot with me here!

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth

With the patience that only stones could speak of, the God listened. They said the words that he expected them to, and yet doubts still lingered in his infinite mind. He was not one to judge, nor was his guiding hand typically very strong. He was content with seeing those he cared for make mistakes so that they could learn what they needed to on their own. He may be a God, but even his suggestions often were discarded. However this situation seemed unique. Was it bias perhaps? That Hototo, his son and Kutlu's child, had been absent for quite sometime? Had Ktulu been a different mother ... perhaps the EarthSinger would be around more. The God missed the child, and the earth clearly missed his presence. While it didn't do to dwell on the different decisions he might have made, he couldn't hide the fact that this failure weighed heavily on his mind, in placing Ktulu in the position of becoming a parent again.

But it was not his decision to make.

"I shall grant you what you seek Lakota. But first, the two of you, need to demonstrate your commitment, if not your love. I shall not aid in bringing a child into this world if it will not be cared for. Thus this quest applies and requires participation from you both. When you are ready to begin, find a quiet place for just the two of you. You shall have to endure 4 trials of this kind, which will test your dedication and commitment and love."

The God looked affectionately at both, hoping that his sister's lands hadn't hardened their hearts. Lakota's words stung slightly, and her private thoughts even more so. That the Falls was a changed place that she did could not return to, was troubling. Was there more to what Midas and Seele were doing, than the God was aware of? Perhaps he would have to pay them a visit...

"If your love is true, these trials shall be enjoyable...for the most part. But if they aren't, if doubt and concern linger in your thoughts, you may return to me with shame or guilt, to cry off, and we will speak again another day."

(Lakota and Ktulu will have to do this quest together. When you are ready to begin, both of you must post together and tag the RE account.)