the Rift

[OPEN] my heart is pierced by cupid; i disdain all glittering gold

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
Ryuu

Momma and Cera know much about the Gods. I often cannot comprehend the vastness of their knowledge, it all seems so strange to me. The idea of a God, it is overwhelming to me in my simple life. They surely would not be impressed by a tiny figure such as I...after all, they had stricken me with the fire embedded like hot coals in my hooves, punishment for my own uselessness. Even still I hoped, prayed that they were more benevolent than I feared. There was no true way for me to meet them, I wasn't so childish and bratty as to ask Cera to call the Lord of the Sun merely to prove to me that he existed. He had pressing matters that did not deserve intervention of a child such as myself, no matter how kind and infinitely patient he could be.

I was scared to leave. The last time I'd left herd borders had been when I resided within the Edge, and while I had found Momma that way, I had also become hopelessly lost and the journey had nearly crippled me with the agony I had experienced from using my hooves too much. I was scared of the pain, it haunted me endlessly, a constant reminder of all that was wrong with me and how useless I was. Momma didn't like when I spoke that way, so I kept the words hidden away inside, not wanting to upset her. But even with the threat of the potentially harmful travel lingering over my head, I couldn't withstand the curiosity that eroded my patience.

For a moment I considered asking Illy to come with me, but she would surely tell Cera what I was doing- whether intentionally or otherwise- and I didn't want to be stopped or babysat while visiting the Shrines. I knew I didn't deserve their presence but I hoped to be greeted by them some way, a selfish desire to somehow live up to their expectations. So, even though I knew I would worry Momma and very surely end up in trouble, I consoled myself with the fact that I had never been a bad child. This would be my first act of independence. Though I was certain Momma had not intended this to be my way of acting upon her suggestion to "get out there".

During my journey, I paused often. I feared every shadow and unnatural sound, Cera's scars a vibrant reminder of the horrors that lurked outside the borders. I would stand no chance against those beings, broken and frail as I was. Even if it would harm me I would rather hurry to the Veins I had heard of so often due to my incessant- in my own fashion of course, softly spoken as I was- questions. By the time I had arrived, having slipped from the borders under the shroud of blackness and night, abandoning the warm side of my Momma and regrettably submitting her to what would surely be a panic attack, it was a time past dawn when the skies were pink but not too hot for a summer day's approaching zenith.

The fire in my limbs dragged me down and I submitted, kneeling before the closest shrine and lifting my eyes to the softly glowing sapphire flowers in wonders. It would take a long stay upon the warm rock for me to be able to move again, my hooves sharply biting into my nerves for pursuing my desires. Staring up at the beautiful flowers, I prayed. I knew not the names of the Gods, barely knew their titles, and while I secretly suspected they would never show face for one such as me, I couldn't help trying to beckon them anyways. Sighing softly I dropped my head and curled up on my side against the rubble of the once majestic shrine, preparing to wait out the thick pain in my legs.

He's looking to meet any of the Gods, if any of the Admin are free! @[Aurelia] and @[Voodoo] are welcome!

leave me your stardust to remember you by
Image Credit

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
i'm so happy 'cause today i found my friends
they're in my head

The clouds formed along your long legs again, though this time you did not struggle against the cool mist as it locked you in it's grasp. Ouija -once more- wrapped herself around your right fore, her tail curling around your ankle as if the white water droplets would tear the two of you apart; from inside your skull, we can feel your mind clicking and turning as the gears inside tried to sort out what had just happened on that strange floating island. You had found Aurelia, who still does not seem to want you to be around, even though she may bat those molten lava colored eyes and smile with those glimmering teeth.. She has lost your child.. Your child that you haven't seen since early on in his childhood.

Slowly, the earth comes back into view, the unnaturally colored magma pulsing out of the rocky crust and seeping down the Veins in long streaks. The air has become warmer and drier since you have descended from the cloud layer that hides the rocky bottom of the levitating island. Below, you can see the used trails that have been etched in the rock after years and years of use, main trails branching off into fingers that reach out to each shattered shrine. The cloud evaporates into the sky again, releasing both you and your companion's legs and allowing you to move once more.

Not being very fond of this floating nonsense, Ouija shakes her small white paws out one at a time, licking away what remains of the dew beads on her fur. Murky eyes search around, your heightening sense of smell catching the familiar dust and sea-breeze of the Throat; both of your ears perk forward, your mind settling at the thought of a -hopefully- familiar face. Aurelia's temper had really taken it out of you, and you can only hope to see Africa.. even though it is highly unlikely; the mare is always so busy these days.

Cracked feet click against the stone floor as you move along, the softest thrum of paws scuffing along rock beside you. The shrines -broken and battered as they all are- loom overhead like watchful guardians, waiting for unworthy mortals to step foot in their traps; but the Gods are not like that, are they? Now unsure, your footing has changed and your muscles have become stiff and tense. Your dog-like companion continues to trot along happily, her tongue lapping at the air as if she can taste something so familiar on her lips.

When your eyes land on a familiar body, you can feel your heart nearly stop in your chest cavity. "Ryuu?" your voice quivers in your throat, jaws clamping shut tightly after the word drifts from your mouth. On the rock, curled up in a small ball of discomfort, lays your son. His body is much larger than the last time you had seen him. Met him, one of us scoffs in a tone that you feel Mother would have used in this case. The horns that sprout from his head have also grown from what they had been at that time. This can't be, you can just run into Aurelia, and now Ryuu?

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: @[Ryuu]

Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
Ryuu

There is no answer to silent prayers I don't recall making. In the back of my mind, I'm aware that I was only hoping for an end to the loneliness clinging to my nubile body. Now, I begin to wish that I had taken Illy with me. But I still hold to my previous awareness that, had I attempted that, Cera would have immediately known where I was. Despite the suspicion in my stomach, thick like smoke, that he would have allowed me to go in his understanding nature, I couldn't risk it. It had taken more than a full day's travel to get where I was in that moment anyways, with all the rests I'd had to take due to the dilapidated condition of my hooves. So though the echoes of the wind and the calm bubbling of the magma was soothing, I was lonely. All I had to my account was the glowing spiral of flowers on the shrine I had stopped to rest against.

Sighing, I let my cheek turn, ever careful of the trio of horns upon my brow as my cheek pressed into the loose coating of rock and gravel upon the firm, warm stone. Dully staring out over the shimmering waves of heat the magma produced, wishing I knew what I was doing here. Why was I so desperate to meet the Gods? Surely I was too small, too displeasing and pathetic to warrant any kind of sympathy that could relieve my pain. In that moment, as in all moments when my self-pity became too deep and blackened, I hated the faded memory of my birth mother. It was her greed, her selfishness, that had borne me so broken and useless. It was she who doomed me to this pain, and not only was she uncaring, she had not pursued me when I wandered silently from the mists of my old home. She had let me limp away into the distance without a care, even when I was too small to fend off even a newborn rabbit.

There was a desire to cry, somewhere deep in my soul. Bitterly I mused that, perhaps I had cried out the few I had in my possession. They had to have been sparse, for I had only ever cried in my foalhood and when I had found Momma upon the beach. I don't remember what happened after that thought, perhaps I dozed, though my eyes were half-mast continuously. Instead, what awakens me is the odd sound of shifting clouds and clatter of hooves upon stone. A ripple goes through my blackened hide, barely discernible upon the similarly colored rock. Were it not for the bright colors struck upon my shoulder and hindquarter, I likely would never have been detected.

But I am.

Fate leads me true, and Lady Luck seemed to be hoping to come back into my graces after all she'd raised me into. She had led me from the mists of the Edge, had directed me to Momma's side. And now, she returns to me my sire, of whom I had only met once. His voice is recognizable not out of repeat submission to my aurals, but because I have so few on my list of known souls. It's my name, after all. I lift my eyes with quiet reluctance, fearing I am dreaming after all. Blink dual painted eyes at the similarly colored stallion standing away from me.

"Father?" my voice trembles, not used to being called upon. Silence is my friend, and in him I find comfort and protection. In him, I find myself unnoticed, and therefore unharmed. I am nearly mute, no matter how hard Momma attempts to get me to speak. Words, after all, are the cruelest of inventions. They are a lie of nature, deceitful things meant only to lure others in and slice them apart with the barbs hidden on each syllable.

@[Voodoo]

leave me your stardust to remember you by
Image Credit

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!