Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

He couldn't settle down. Either he was pawing at the slow, brown waters of the Thistle River so that cool droplets of water splashed high into the air and sprayed in cooling cascades over his skin, or he found himself pacing back and forth across the meadow, one moment lurking in the shade beneath a wide-crowned oak and the next trying to graze on the vast, sun-kissed meadow. But wherever he went thoughts kept pestering him like the fat, green flies that haunted his wake, images of a star-strewn mare intruding upon his mind and clearly disturbing his mental peace. It wasn't even all that hot and he was still sweating buckets - whether from the ceaseless pacing or the attempts at not thinking about her he wouldn't know.

Fajira had long since tired of him. She had disappeared beyond the horizon in search for something more interesting to look at than his sweat-soaked figure. Better company, maybe even a wild dragon or two to play with, hunt along side or simply hang out with - he couldn't care less, and she had closed her thoughts to him so that the only reminder of her existence was a vague presence at the back of his mind - like the feeling of having someone stand behind you in the dark, just out of touch and sight.

The problem was, Lace concluded as he ripped up a tuft of grass with roots and all and chewed it absent-minded - not even noticing the taste of dirt until gravel started to crunch between his teeth - that he was too old. Or rather, she was much too young. He could just as well be her father (he thought, without knowing that he had once met her father) and it had to be wrong of him to feel any kind of attraction towards her. She hadn't looked to be much older than Tandavi or Amaris, and the notion of him laying hands on either of them was enough to make him want to run for the hills, screaming. According to all the world's logic he should be more inclined to fancy the experienced, soft-eyed and sweet-hearted mares of his own age - the memory of Mirage rose unbidden from the depths of his subconscious, smiling at him in that slow, mysterious way that promised heaven and hell at the same time, should he give in to the temptation that her round hips and fragrant skin offered...

But at this Lace shook his head vigorously as if he could make the inner vision go away faster if he did. Mirage was gone, disappeared into the shadows along with Rishima, her brothers and - he thought with the usual bitter, jealous pang - Vikram. That Amaris hadn't seen her meant that she had to be long gone, and Lace wasn't going to run off looking for her. Their latest clash was still fresh in memory, that stormy night on the beach when she had asked him to become a dragon and fly with her, had asked him to rule beside her. He had refused her then, too absorbed in jealousy of her intimacy with the dragon stallion, too aware that she would never truly become his... He had accepted the crown but not her love, that which he had pined for and craved for so many years.

And now his thoughts were full of another, a pesky, persistent temptation that he was sorely tempted to give in to. Had she not been so young. Had they not met only once, an enounter that had been incredibly sweet and sadly riddled with fever and illness - he felt heat rising to the face at the mere memory of her delusional words and actions.

The small, affectionate smile that teased across his lips spoke of a different mindset altogether though, as did the brief softening of the eyes - before he skid down the brink to the river and dunked the head beneath the surface, trying to drown his own rebellious thoughts.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

The Beast could no longer take anymore of this heat. His thick coat was too much when the snow seemed to have vanished from the land. Even so, as he stuck to the shadows, the Beasts coat was slick with salty excretion. Mykah had vanished into the woods, mostly likely hunting the small birds and prey animals that had ventured into the comfort of the shade.
The lone ranger lumbered on in the search of water. To bathe and cool off in. Though others potentially would have the same idea. Perhaps it was time he got to know more around these lands. made some acquaintances and frienemies. The man had been her too long now to not have any more than one friend. Though was she really a friend when she was long gone? Perhaps it meant that he too needed to move one with his life, progress further into adulthood and get out into the world. For if he were to gain further knowledge of this land, He would need to make the right friends.

The sounds of water displacement caught at the Stags attention. One, water was close by and two. another lay at hand. This was his chance to mingle. As much as his gut told him otherwise, He went on wards, towards the sounds and fragrance of fresh running water, Burning his nostrils like hot ash. From living all his life in frozen tundra, fresh running water was like a miracle to him;Though not uncommon. On the freak summer days, the sun could just get warm enough to make the seas warm and the ice caps melted. But this only came round ever so often. In his six years of life, the Beast had not yet witnessed such an occurrence.
So when the scents entered his nostrils, a small part inside of him tingled.

It didn't take the hulking mass of a unicorn, too long to reach the water. A smile immediately spring to his face, a joy spreading through his veins like a drug. The man had become a child again. Ignoring the fact that some other was there. His coat not unlike his. Perhaps just a few shades lighter and more grey than blue.
The man nicker lightly and for once , he ran; yes the heavy beast cantered; through the water he went, the sheer size of him caused water to spray out in almost all directions.

"Speech"
"Mykah Speech"

[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The sounds were muted and distorted under water. Lace could feel the liquid seep into his ears, into the nostrils, feel how it tried to slip within his closed eyes and down the windpipes into the lungs. He held his breath and savored the cool, dark void where the thoughts seemed to slow down, become sluggish and indistinct. The memory of a star-coated mare in a tree still remained burned into his retina, aglow and live against the black insides of the eyelids - but she seemed friendlier beneath the surface, the thought of growing closer to her not so far fetched.

He could have stayed like that, admiring the images produced by his own mind, until his breath ran out. Alas, even peace of mind couldn't last long, and the grullo found his elusive freedom interrupted as something else made a trumpeting sound and came thundering into the water. The vagabond drew his head up quickly in a cascade of droplets, the long mane soaked and gushing as it plastered against his skin. He drew a quick breath - then choked as water ran down the wrong pipes, making him cough, splutter and snort while struggling to remain standing.

"What the.. Fuck!" he finally managed to exclaim when he could breathe again, glaring fiercely at the giant brute that had come rushing in without consideration. "Give a man some warning will ya!"

The Store | The Warden

BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

Sounds of content escaped the Beasts mouth, cool water splashed up his legs and into the hairy undercarriage. He had never felt this happy in a long time, if only Mykah could see him now. Though she may have just found him utterly ridiculous and then just laughed at him, or gone to hide in shame from him.
He skidded abruptly at the sound of someones voice sounding a little hurt. A wall of water cascaded to the left, away from the Beast as he did so. The man finally looked at the grey one. His eyes almost the same orange as his own, put his had that black dot in the center. As big as the man was, at the sheer glare the silver was giveing, he backed up slightly, his head lowered and his stance was loose. Not at all threatening to start something he could never endure.
I...I'm so sorry there sir" he gulped out an apology, still backing up a couple of steps as he did so. "I did not mean to disturb you at all. Many apologies for the interuptions" He dipped his head in a bow as such, acting as if the one n front of him was of royal blood. Perhaps it was his body language or just the way he came across. Or the fact Beowulf was no good at judging others and could easily boss this smaller being around. Though that was not of his nature at all. However he could at least stand up for himself a little more than usual.
There was something odd about this one, but it spiked a curiosity inside the Beast, a part of him wanted to flee while the other half wanted to get to know this stag,.How could he do so without feeling so utterly rude? or coming off as some kind of pervert.
"Speech"
"Mykah Speech"

*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Seeing the big, bulky gray before him suddenly balk and back up under his gaze made Lace blink in consternation. Had he seemed that angry? Granted his words were rougher than he might normally choose, but the surprise had made his manners slip and the old mercenary talk come back to him without warning. He had been accused of being too polite back then - now he was apparently seen as rather intimidating, because this hairy horn-head seemed ready to bolt at a moments notice.

"Never mind" the grullo mumbled, trying to squash down a sense of irritation at the subservient tone of the brute. "I didn't notice you coming, is all... Don't back away like that, I won't eat you." He peered over the watery expanse, shimmering beads still dripping from his own face and neck; suddenly enjoying the feeling and longing to stave off the unremarkable heat of the day he stepped down into the water himself, sending an army of ripples as vanguard to face the splashes of the other.

Taking another look at his sudden companion, the silver stag was again taken aback by the meek nature of this horse. From his appearance alone he would have been led to expect a deep, gruff voice and brutish nature - the Dauntless came to mind, the way he had appeared to Lace during their battle by the Edge - and so he had a weird sensation of seeing double when having to adjust his prejudices. "You shouldn't apologize so much" he commented after a moment, sighing with quiet delight as water closed in over his back; he dipped the head down under water again and came up from below like a snorting dragon, spraying water all around - Fajira would have been amused, had she chosen to speak to him.

The Store | The Warden

BEOWULF
</style>

The Beast relaxed as did the silvery one in front of him. Seeming to shake of the interruption he had so un-kindly brought upon him. He scolded himself internally. Knowing that he Should have known better. The hairy man had been brought up to mind his manors and to treat theirs with respect, unless they so rudely greeted you, in ways which were not acceptable, Then you should be less kind and a little more .. rough, so to speak. But still in a way that was mannerly.
"...I won't eat you." His words rattled around inside; the rather empty, skull of Beowulf. Pulling his stance back up to something a little less submissive, a smile lingering behind the so expansive beard the man had come to acclaim. Though now it was half the glory, being dangled in the water some.
"That would be amusing so" Beo chuckled like a small child, mostly to himself. eat him, how silly!
"I'm just not used to.. others, I guess. You are also neither horned, nor winged. This is quite rare where i come from." He bowed in a gentleman-ly fashion, with grace and integrity. "Infact it is so rare its not even a thing there anymore!" He chuckled, amused by this fact a little too much. But it was true, through and through. Unicorns were the only inhabitants of his homelands.
He was getting a little too giddy with ones self. Beginning to paw at the water and throw his weight around somewhat. Not enough however to cause any injuries to another, but enough to cause the ripples to turn bigger and the splashes to increase.

As the silver had seemingly done, Beowulf too dunk his whole head under the water, without so much as a care in the world. Bubbles surface up from his exhale, his head soon rising back out, A childish giggle escaped the mans chest, though it sounded odd with the deepness of his voice, not quite right in a way. But still could deem catchy if he kept this up.
To not apologize so much? Now that was a challenge for Beowulf indeed. His smile slightly faded and all his motion stopped. "I.. I don't know if i could do that! That seems .. Difficult. It is not one of my nature to not apologize" The poor Beast was so utterly confused now.

"Speech"
"Mykah Speech"

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The comment about his appearance only received a shrug, though it did make Lace look twice at the big stallion. He had registered the horns on his face almost without second thought, not exactly caring about it - but this comment made him throw a long, rather shrewd glance at the unicorn to see if he could detect any traces of contempt or haughtiness on him. If he did feel any such things however, the antlered stag was good at hiding it. He pawed at the water with a childish delight that clashed somewhat with the muscular appearance - once again Lace found himself taken aback by the errors of his own judgment.

The black-masked face tilted slightly as he considered the next statement, lips napping thoughtfully at the rippling surface of the river. He could feel the current tug at his legs, sand and small pebbles shifting beneath his hooves - something, probably small fish or frog spawn tickled his fetlocks and he had to strain to remain still and not jerk away. It was a strange sensation, even more so because he couldn't see what it was.

"I suppose" he grunted after a while, giving a non-committal shrug that set the water clucking and lapping against his sides. "I was raised to overcome mistakes and never bow to anyone unless they'd deserved it... 'Rather ask forgiveness than permission'. Guess it can be a fault too depending on the circumstances." He couldn't say he cared much for such a groveling attitude - but then again he wasn't so sure of himself that he found it appropriate to criticize a stranger.

At the very least, it helped him escape the tangled mess that was his own thoughts. Talking to this person was as good a distraction as any; he might as well keep it up. "So..." he trailed off without really knowing what to say, nor caring too much about the answers. "where are you staying now? Seeing as you left your no-equine home..."

The Store | The Warden