the Rift

Come dance with me ´´

Mizarie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Mizarie

The thick scent of the forest clung to my lungs as I neared the body of trees ahead of me, I wasn't quite sure what it was drawing me to the emerald green sway of the leaves atop a canopy of brown bark and unseen shadows, but I did not falter in my step as I moved ever closer, step by step.
It wasn't until my frame entered the ocean of trees and other shrubs that I could take in the full extent of the trees, the tall menacing towers staring down at me with unspoken words as their leaves danced gloriously in the wind; something I had always been intrigued by since a young fae.
My dark brown hues sparkled from beneath a lock of black hair as I walked through the forest, head up looking at the way the light dappled through the leaves. A bit silly of me really, as I had no true idea of where I was going, but this was a thought that crossed my mind vaguely and was pushed aside when I spotted a beautiful bird flutter through the canopy, causing me to halt momentarily and followed the bird with my eyes.
Lowering my gaze to the area around me I found myself standing on some well worn soil, where ever I currently was it must have been a well traversed pathway, I guessed it led somewhere interesting and, glancing back the way I came briefly, -which was at the moment just a speck of golden light where the trees vanished into open mountainside- I picked my heels up and moved off at a leisured trot, my curiosity getting the better of me.

Ears focused to the sound of my hooves drumming on the worn soil, I picked my legs up elegantly when a root protruded from the ground nearly causing me to loose my pace, but my sharp thinking brought me over the root without much of a trouble, I decided though to slow a little further on as I still had yet to find where the trail led to and I could no longer see where I had come from.
Breathing in the air I took in the heavenly scent of the forest, what stood out most though was the scent of recently disturbed pine needles, now to anyone other than me, no one would have really spotted that detail or thought otherwise, but I had spent nearly all my childhood living within the safety of the forest that I knew by now when something had been disturbed and when something had not been disturbed. The scents and the sounds of the forest was like a whole second language to me.
I followed to where the scent grew stronger, and sure enough I found some pine needles on the forest floor, some snapped from where a large animal had passed by, I saw some small fine hairs on where one of the branches had once been and sniffed at them, but I could not tell if the scent belong to one of the local wildlife, an equine or a predator. I was not worried though and instead turned to move back onto the worn down soil.

Sometimes when you win, you lose..
Image Credit| Table by Sevin

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

He was a vagabond at heart, a true man of the road, the hills, the mountains and the wide expanse. It simply wasn't in him to remain in one place for very long - if he tried he found himself feeling trapped, downtrodden and depressed within mere days. Duty was a heavy burden and Lace was much too eager to carry it. In the process he had entrapped himself within imagined confines, believing that he had to stay still in order to live up to the expectations of others. Perhaps he felt a little guilty for leaving the Throat as soon as he had gotten there. The notion that he ought to remain in the scorching desert just because he was working there lingered somewhere at the back of his mind, but seeing as he hadn't agreed to stay in the herd, did he really owe them anything? As his companion so slyly remarked when he stole across the borders and ran off across the grasslands, he was still outcast, still unbound, still free to do as he pleased.

It hadn't been planned to go as far north as he had done, though the oddly colored stallion had to admit that he rather enjoyed the forests of the Threshold. Once he had roamed these woods in search for new recruits to swell the ranks of the Qian, as he had once stalked the forests of another Gateway in a land not so far from this one. Then he had sighed whenever it fell upon him to make the journey and save the strangers and the strays from the dangers of wild beasts, other horses and their own folly; now, when naught but his own whim brought him there he rather looked forward to the prospect of meeting a stranger or two.

Little had he expected to run across one face to face as he padded on inky hooves down a well-worn path. The silvery grullo paused in his step as the frame of a young mare came into view up ahead, his head rising with a surprised jerk. Nostrils flaring to take in her sent he let out a soft wicker to let her know that he was there - he wasn't really into scaring ladies - then approached with a pleasant smile lingering on the lips.

"Good day to you, miss" he greeted cheerfully and bobbed the head politely, so that the pale mane whipped and danced around his steely frame.

x - x
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Unregistered
Mizarie

Though I had been following an obviously well traversed trail I really was taken by surprise when another's presence was made clear with a friendly whinny. My dark eyes darted to the side as I turned my body to face the silvery grullo, his creamy mane danced upon his neck as he made his way towards her, bobbing his head pleasantly as he closed the gap.
I watched him somewhat uncertain at first, the way my ears pivoted back and forth and then forth and back again were a sure sign I was not accustomed to these lands, but when his friendly tone danced from his maw I relaxed, the muscles I hadn't realized I was tensing relaxing beneath the bay hairs of my body. I offered him a smile in return to his and nickered softly in return, I studied him and his odd marking for a brief second and then decided that my silence would not go unnoticed.
"Hello" I greeted in my soft, shy tone. I knew by now that this stallion could guess I was a quiet being, one that was not accustomed to talking that often. Despite growing up in a fairly large herd I never had been the talking type, I always preferred exploring the forests and woods we made our home as we traveled nonstop across the lands. It wasn't that our herd couldn't obtain any lands, for if we had wanted we could have challenged and chased off any herd if we so pleased, but we rathered life on the move, following the seasons as they touched each body of trees.
I found myself lost in thought suddenly, and shook my self out of the trail of memories I was going down and focused instead of the grullo stallion who stood in front of me, he seemed kind enough and his greeting had by far been a lot more open than my own.
"Sorry, I just uh.." I trailed off, and glanced down, now I was just making a fool of myself, my brow furrowed at my silliness and I rose my head up again, you're making a fool out of yourself! I thought to myself.
"I'm Mizarie" I finally greeted -after what felt like an age- in a pleasant tone, still the soft shyness lingered in my words.

The gentle smile remained as she struggled to find words. He did notice that she seemed somewhat awkward, but being a stallion of few words himself - unless he knew someone well or was coaxed into talking by which time he was prone to preaching and long tirades - the grullo really didn't mind her brief greeting or stumbling speech.

"A pleasure to meet you Mizarie" he lulled in soft tones, the voice dark and rich yet not in any way loud; like his honey-colored eyes it seemed to flow effortlessly in a pleasant, soothing hum. "My name is Lace. Welcome to Helovia! You seem to have been on the road for a while." The tall stallion had stopped by now, maintaining a polite distance that would remain should she not choose to close it.

His statement was of course a pure guess on his part; her rich earthy coloring didn't appear dulled by dust or dirt and she seemed as healthy as the next horse, and yet the way she looked around suggested to him that she might not be overly familiar with the terrain. This being the Threshold and all, Lace could only assume that she was a newcomer, like so many others that happened upon this place - drawn perhaps by some fickle god, or otherwise driven by need or whim to explore the deep forest and what lay beyond.

"Is there anything you need? Food, water, lodging... I know of a few herds that reside not far from here, I'm sure they wouldn't mind offering shelter for a time if you need rest." She seemed quite capable of looking after herself, all things considered, yet the seasoned strider felt compelled to ask. So many horses came tumbling in with no clue as to where they were or what to do next - he'd hate for such a sweet-looking girl to get in trouble on his account.

x - x
The Store | The Warden

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

She slid in and allowed her limbs to trace around the threshold. The overwhelming vibrations seemed to cling to her pelt and send small waves of uncertainty across her frame. A gentle sigh caused her nares to ripple before she picked up her paces into a trot. Each little part of the vibrations alluding to the tall trees which dared to hide the sun.

But, the thing is, her audits picked up voices from a few bodies not too far off in the distance. Changing her direction just a little bit she slid into the meeting of the two horses and gently bobbed her head in greeting. Her golden frame pulling out from the shadows with her hawk marking gleaming. The crown upon her head glimmered a little in the sun and her glass pin held together the braid which Cera and his companion had given her.

Sweet lyrics began to tumble from her maw after she caught the tail end of the grey's words. "Hello, my name is Rasta," she pauses, giving another light bow, "I live in the Falls - it is but a short trek north from here if you need somewhere to rest and get your footing. Though, I apologize. I seem to have come in a few seconds to late and have missed your names." she spoke, flicking her tail slightly before adding one last statement, "If you have any questions I can try and answer them," She allowed her mind to take in their builds, blind eyes flickering between the two of them without ever actually focusing upon the frames (just simply giving the allusion that she could see).

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Unregistered
Mizarie

It must have been the way he spoke, his voice so soft yet so dark, it slowed the pounding heart in my chest considerably, admittedly it reminded me of the stallion I called father once upon a time, and thoughts of the large friesian brute calmed me and brought me to thoughts of safety. My name is Lace. Welcome to Helovia! You seem to have been on the road for a while. The silver grullo stud spoke, I took a moment to glance back the way I had come from and suddenly felt that I was in fact rather worn out from my adventure. I had indeed not really intended to come so far, and had no idea that the soil I currently walked upon was that of another's land. Helovia.. I thought to myself, I wonder what adventures may lie here.

"I uh, oh, well I don't know really" I spoke, still stuttering on shy spoken words, and despite having not spoken at all that often my voice was still well tuned, to my surprise. I couldn't actually remember the last time I had conversed with another being, aside from mumbling to myself or whisper-singing songs that would lock to my mind I hadn't interacted in a pleasant conversation for some time.
My line of thought, once more was broken, however this time to the appearance of another light coloured soul. My brown spheres watched the gorgeous golden mare as she so elegantly made her way towards myself and the silver grullo who referred to himself as Lace.
My ears moved back and forth once more, in a dance of uncertain thoughts portrayed through my ears, I glanced to the stallion cautiously and then back to the mare, the place the mare spoke of, I assumed could only be home to one of the herds Lace had mentioned not but a few minutes earlier.

My, wasn't she shy. It was rather endearing to see her consider the offer so seriously. Lace felt that he was grinning rather stupidly at her, but the smile simply wouldn't fade from his face. Not that he minded that of course, it was just that he felt afraid that the expression might freeze like this, leaving him forever with the appearance of a smirking idiot.

The lass seemed quite undecided, and he was just about to add something when quiet footfalls against the needled ground drew his attention away. Turning, he found himself looking at a stunningly pretty equine that was undoubtedly female; it was written over every smooth, voluptuous line and curve of her bodice, and in the softness of her voice as she introduced herself and informed of her allegiances. Lace, who from the careful, almost cautious placement of dainty hooves and pallid eyes had thought the mare to be, if not blind than at least poor of vision, started to question that assumption as she looked between himself and Mizarie. For all that he knew she could see them both just fine - it was quite the mystery, and he found it hard to look away from the pale creature as he returned to the comparatively plain newcomer.

Seeing her cautiously eying Rasta made him snap out of his reveries however. Lace gave her a long, reassuring look before inclining his neck in greeting, drawing a high arch with his thick, silvery crest. "I am Lace" he repeated as the palomino requested their names, "and this is Mizarie, newly arrived from what I can tell." There was a slight question hidden in the statement, he threw the bay lady a quick glance for confirmation before continuing. "I was offering to take her to a herd myself a moment ago; though, you don't have to feel pressured into following either of us" he added, the smile finally fading from his sooted moth and his expression turning somewhat serious - but the warm kindness of his eyes remaining still. "No one would think lesser of you should you prefer to explore these lands on your own. If you walk for a day or two to the south and west of here you will find a vast meadow with plenty of grass and water that can accommodate most; I would be wary of strangers there however, for all manner of beasts gather there. There are more creatures than horses living in Helovia."

He broke off and looked between the mares, feeling slightly curious about what Mizarie would choose to do. It wasn't an easy choice to make - he'd had to face it many a time himself, and chosen both to follow and to walk his own path... both had led him to interesting places indeed.

"If you wish, I could take you to the Throat" he said thoughtfully after a while, flicking the tail lazily after a couple of flies. "Its a bit warm and dry, but the herd is nice and welcoming; and frankly they could use an increase in numbers. But, as I said" he finished with a quick grin towards the shy lass, "it's entirely up to you."

x - x
The Store | The Warden

RASTA

There were no words from the mare who I heard speak earlier. Perhaps she was nervous around other mares? Rasta managed a gentle smile, sincere calmness was all she could really offer to the pair around them. Mind you, it wasn't too difficult for her to appear at ease while being ready to bolt or strike at any moments notice.

Luckily, though, she did not have to go without names for long. He said his name was lace and offered the name of the stoutly, yet delicately built mare before her. "It is but a pleasure to meet you both," Yet, she could sense the way that his muscles were shifting that he seemed to be staring (or at the very least placing quite a bit of concentration) toward her. She gives a gentle nod of her head toward him before nodding her head in agreement. "I can show you the way to the Meadow, as well, if you so desire the company. There is no pressure, though." Lace spoke of the Throat, though, next and she could feel the slight tear to her heart. It didn't matter, though. For she still got to see them no matter what happened.

She stayed relatively quiet, though, allowing her calm presence to hopefully radiate outwards. She was, after all, not a threat to anyone here. If anything they were more of a threat to her then she as to them. And so, she concentrated on the feeling of the vibrations and their breathing while she stayed there.

Sorry I'm slow compared to y'all :P

Unregistered
Mizarie

I watched them carefully, still undecided if they were to be trusted or not. Eventually I relaxed a little more when the golden mare appeared to show no threat and I listened as they suggested place to go. If you walk for a day or two to the south and west of here you will find a vast meadow with plenty of grass and water that can accommodate most. My thoughts lingered on the worse Lace had spoken, barely taking in the rest of his sentence. Though the promise of water to quench my thirst was something I would not say no to, I did not like the sound of an open area that would be crawling with life. I preferred my forests and woods, the comfort of the trees always was where I felt safest, sneaking through the undergrowth ever so carefully, well as careful as I could move at least.
I felt eyes on me and tried to smile politely at both, but I was a bit unsure if it came off as a "help me" sort of smile or a pleasant one. I kicked myself in my thoughts, I hated not being comfortable around strangers, I was brave yes, but when it came to other equine species that I did not know I could fool anyone as the quietest and most insecure mare out there. It was indeed at times like these I sometimes wished that the herd I was born into had welcomed the sight of strangers and not tried to hide themselves from the world by forever moving through the various bodies of trees that dotted the lands I used to call home.

"Is there any water near some trees? I'd love to live in the forest if there is one, if not I'd like to explore all the options if that is not being too spoilt" I asked eventually, my voice still soft but this time held a steady tone, I was determined to come off as a lot more confident, I did not want these horses to see me as a weakling that was unable to look out for myself.

OOC; That is very much fine!

He waited without impatience as Mizarie considered the offers, swatting his long tail to rid the gold-dusted flanks of flies. Rather more at ease than the bay, Lace had settled in and looked very comfortable where he stood on the path, the weight shifted to one side and hips cocked in a steep angle so that one of the rear hooves rested with only the very tip towards the pine-strewn ground.

When eventually she asked a question, the silver-hued stag considered her for a moment, then sneaked a sideways glance at Rasta. There was indeed such a place, though it wasn't located in a place that would let either of them show Mizarie the way without going out of their own to do so. Lace might not originally have had anything against running around all of Helovia to show newcomers around, but the thought of the Edge still hurt him, he had taken to give his former, wood-clad home a wide berth just so that he wouldn't have to face any old friends and explain just why he hadn't come back to them.

He hesitated, shifted the weight back and forth between his feet for a moment. Then Lace sighed and nodded, the smile that returned as he focused on the new mare looking ever so slightly weary. "You should go to the World's Edge" he instructed and glanced over to the pale golden lady to see if she agreed. "It is a region of deep, mist-veiled forests perched atop steep, white cliffs just by the sea, protected by the grace of the Moon. A herd reside there called the Qian - they would be more than happy to assist you as long as your heart is open and your mind willing."

The expression on his face shifted, a wistful look ghosting over the handsome features as he described the place. "I used to live there - the horses are very kind and helpful and give aid to anyone who asks for it. Just walk straight westwards from here until you can smell the sea - salt and brine and seaweed - and by then you should be able to see the forest and fragments of a glass wall. Stop by the borders and announce your presence, and when someone comes to greet you, you should ask for the leaders; tell them that the Silverthorn sent you, and I trust that they will let you in."

He supposed he ought to offer taking her there, or at least accompany her part of the way - but the words just wouldn't slip past his tongue. Maybe Rasta would offer, or Mizarie could go the way herself - it wasn't too far, only a few days travel. The grullo realized that he was trying to save himself a discomfort, but try as he might he couldn't make himself feel too bad about it. This girl was strong and capable despite her shy nature - she would be fine even without him.

@[Rasta]
x - x
The Store | The Warden

RASTA

When the mare finally seems to speak she offers little, only a desire for trees and water. A mild smile arks the corners of her lips as Rasta stands in her place, allowing the stag before her to speak. However, while she had heard of the Edge she had yet to actually land upon their soul and so the words which he spoke made little sense to the golden girl before the pair.

Her lips fall open in a delicate tone, not able to back up his claims. "I'm afraid I've yet to step foot upon the Edge lands. However, the Falls is well guarded by cliffs with plentiful amounts of water coming from the waterfalls and a bountiful number of wooded areas throughout the lands, should you have any desire in that call. I've been told rainbows frequently appear above the waters, though I've yet to see one myself." A gentle explanation - one with good hopes she might trek with her back towards the Falls, perhaps actually be of use to her herd for once. "I'm afraid, though, that I cannot accompany you to anywhere other than the Meadow or the Falls - I have been traveling for days and my aching legs would much enjoy resting soon," she finishes, letting the mare before her know just where she stood as far as company may go in the travels before her. Where this mare would choose to go she could not decide - only offer the information to her for her mind to make use of. She did know one thing, though. And that was that she would be parting ways with at least one of these two soon.

Unregistered
Mizarie

I started to feel myself shrink, not out of fear, but out of awe of the lands described. This place, was like a whole new world, one of many possibilities and opportunities. I glanced at both fae and brute and then to the ground trying to make a decision. Part of me told me to travel to the trees I so desired to the west, however another part of me, a curious side, said to travel with the golden mare and discover all the mysteries the land hinted to hide.
My gaze lifted and I looked to the two, the silver and his oddly marked face and then to the palomino and her near pale orbs, something that had not actually occurred to me until then as I had been wound up in my shyness.
"I think I'd like to visit the falls." I eventually spoke, words rolling with a curious tone. I was indeed interested in the lands she spoke of, though the comfort of the trees would be left behind I knew it was my time to stop being so shy. It was time to show the world, that despite being born into a shy herd, that I would not be tied by their ways.
My dark gaze rested on the silver brute for a moment and I gave him a thankful smile and then I looked to the palomino mare, ears pivoting forth slightly at the promise of adventure.

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The smile warmed right back when the young lass finally made her decision. Lace met her eyes without hesitation, happy for her and with no resentment in him whatsoever over having been denied. It wasn't a competition after all, and he wouldn't loose anything, had nothing to gain by holding grudges and think poorly of either of these lovely ladies.
"A very good choice indeed" he said encouragingly and inclined the neck to Rasta in acknowledgment. "Give your greetings to lady Seele from me, won't you? I had the pleasure of crossing paths with her some time ago, I hope to be able to visit the Falls again sometime. It was a pleasure to meet you both; I will leave you two to yourselves now. May the gods be with you" he said in way of parting. After a deep, very polite bow to the both of them, Lace stepped off the path and walked off into the forest on quiet feet. Just before he disappeared between the trees a sudden sharp, shrill cry could be heard; a shadow of something large passed by over their heads, and in a flurry of leathery wings, sharp claws and scales shimmering in dazzling white hues a dragon fell down through the canopy and landed deftly on the back of the rover; he snorted, bobbed the head a bit without agitation or distress - and then he was gone, disappeared into the woods as though swallowed by the earth.

@[Rasta] Lace out! :)

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
The Store | The Warden

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

It was a surprise, really, that the mare decided to come with Rasta to the Falls. But the fact that she was at least speaking gave her some form of comfort. After all, if no words had come from the mare's mouth she probably would have forgotten that the mare was even standing there. Her audits flicked around, enveloping the sound which the mare had created and taking it in like someone who had no way to quench its thirst.

So, as her ears pivoted forward Rasta allowed a gentle bob of her head to escape before beginning to turn towards the north. As Lace speaks, though, she cranes her head back toward him. "Feel free to visit again," she offers to Lace before looking back toward Mizarie (though her eyes never focus). She can feel the way his muscle give as he lowers into a graceful and respectful bow and so she offers a light bow of her own in response. She would give the message to Seele when she saw her next. But, alas, the new mare was of the upmost importance at the moment. "It's a trek, but smaller compared to most of the other places I've been," she explained before taking off at a trot, allowing her mind to roll through the vibrations and place each tree and stone within her stepping distance. Yet, they still were placed lightly, like feathers who grazed the ground before they went down.

It was time to bring this new mare to a possible home.

I will post a joining thread in the Falls for you to post with a Tier II or I member so that you can officially become a member in the Falls! I'll tag you when that thread is up ;3