the Rift

I can hear the sounds from another world.

Valor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

the moonchild
VALOR

Pale moonlight bathed overexposed skin, stars twinkled upon their beholders eyes. Steel fur, and hibiscus eyes tied together with far reaching undulant ink-like mane. A snow-kissed nose lets out a puff of steam into the chilly, summer evening. Long whiskers hold water like morning dew in a spiderweb. Humming noises trickle from his lips, snorting and nickering between the nervous verses. Light feet clop back and forth against the roots sprawled across the forest floor, pacing back and forth in the never ending race against the colt's own mind.

Alone. Nowhere to go. I should never have left my tree. He thought. The willow, he closed his eyes to remember, It meant safety, it meant home, it meant his parents. Those whom were never forgotten after abandoning him to the the bark of the tree. How had he survived, no-one will know, all that mattered to him was that he was here now, breathing.

Life had slowed to each heartbeat for the colt, carefully examining each breath before releasing it back to the world. Trying to find a trace of a scent to his willow, his protector. But all he could taste was the lingering ash that still clung to every pore in his body. His protector had died, without a word, without a funeral.

The edge of his dilemma was taken off by his lack of sleep. His eyes desperately peeled open, trying to stay alert in foreign territory. The pacing slowed into a dragging, hesitant walk in a straight line, only slightly shifting to accommodate the looming pines, guarding his path.

New worlds are empty, no memories to come with them. No baggage, a clean slate. All that is from the past is to be forgotten.

ooc :: uggh first posts are so hard to get started :/

the language of my world

"the language of my mouth"

I've always been chasing ghosts.
CHASING GHOSTS

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
The pegasus mare has taken some time off from the island in the clouds. Indeed, it is one of the most magnificent things she has ever seen, but truth be told, she needs some time to clear her head. She took off soon after Kahlua had asked her to be Seer, hoping that a flight would do her some good. And the cool air does feel good. Though during her time on the floating island she has been nearer to the sky than she ever has for the longest continuous time in her life, suddenly, Nasreen cannot get enough of the light breeze and the gentle support of the summer thermals underneath her wings. She flies hard, she glides, and she even lands from time to time, but she instinctively keeps moving, for she’s frightened that if she lingers, reality will catch up to her. She has just accepted a position that she feels she is dreadfully unfit to take, and she doesn’t really want to dwell on the potential consequences.

She has been gone for a few days, and in her wild flight, she’s starting to develop some half-baked notions of finding Th’orqui—to really find it this time—when exhaustion finally kicks in, and she circles wearily, looking for a place to land. After her usual clumsy tumble to earth, she picks herself up and pushes on, not really sure of where she’s headed but still unwilling to stop. Thus, the sight of the Threshold takes her by surprise. She hasn’t been back here since Kahlua first found her alone and trembling, still reeling in shock from Amaya’s death. But Nasreen would recognize these woods anywhere; they are stamped on her mind as her first memory of Helovia. Suddenly, the sobs she’s been holding back for the past two days come clamoring up her throat and streaming out her eyes. Kahlua had taken her in here nearly a year ago, had offered her a home and a friendship and a place on her very own royal council, and she is about to mess up so badly…it is all too much to bear. Nasreen cries as she walks, sniffling until the tears blind her and she is forced to stop. She proceeds to spend a good hour alone in the clearing, passing her time in this manner until she has cried herself out and is able to trudge onwards.

It is then that she sees the colt, ambling along ahead of her. At first he looks so much like Kahlua that she stops with a teary hiccup and a squeak, afraid that the black and white figure will turn around. However, she can’t help but wonder how her friend managed to beat her here—was it more magic? Had…had the moon goddess herself sent her? Her breath catches in her throat at the thought, and she hiccups again guiltily. “Kah?” she calls ahead, “I’m sorry.”

OOC: Welcome to Helovia! Hope you don’t mind Nasreen crashing in with her mascara running ;)

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Valor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

the moonchild
VALOR

"Kah?"

Fragile bones turn to the sound, flickering harks perked at the harmonious ramble. Hibiscus orbs examined the creature from which the word came from, not to reveal a horse from which he has learned he was from the careful inspection of his own reflection. Beautiful, songbird-like airfoil hangs from her shoulders, vibrant in their own fiery chestnut color. Ivory has seeped up her legs, conquering most of her body, and half of her face. Grey, yet lively eyes flicker behind the blur of her tears.

"I'm sorry." The mare quickly said as she realized I was not who she thought I was.

His youthful frame pranced around, examining the creature, it was the first time in his memory to meet another horse.

"D-Don't w-worry about it."" The words awkwardly tumbled from his lips, appalled he was having a conversation with something other than an opossum or an owl.

"My name's Valor." He said, his voice smoothing out into a staccato rhythm. "I believe I'm lost, well kinda..." His boyish, scratchy voice trailed off as he thought. Tossing his long , wavy forelock out of his eyes, exposing his skeleton like bald face. The three feathers tied in his hair fluttered up in objection to the shift in position, before settling back down in a comfortable nook of shoulder length mane.

"I am looking for a home." He said to the downcast mare, finishing his discontinued sentence. Clearing his thoughts, Blinking his glazed over eyes. "Are you okay?" He questioned the upset soul, realizing his young boyish brain has strayed from her own distress. She was in need of help too.

OOC :: sorry for the ADD two year old probs xD feel free to whip him into shape.. This is his first interaction with another horse lol. @[Nasreen]

the language of my world

"the language of my mouth"
I've always been chasing ghosts.
CHASING GHOSTS

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Much to her surprise (and to her chagrin), the face that swings around to study her is not Kahlua’s. Unsure whether to feel relieved or embarrassed, Nasreen settles for another apology—though this time for a completely different reason. “Oh…” she half-whispers, ducking her head self-consciously, “I’m sorry, I thought you were Kahlua.”

To her relief, the boy (for that’s what not-Kahlua turns out to be) does not appear offended; instead he accepts her murmured apology with ready, albeit stuttered, forgiveness. The unsteady cadence of his voice makes Nasreen hope that she has not startled him by calling out—or worse yet, with her tears. Hastily, she tries to collect herself, snuffling once or twice as the colt continues, explaining that he’s lost. Immediately her heart goes out to this young stranger, for she knows the feeling all too well. She opens her mouth to offer to help him search for his lost home, but only a tiny hiccup comes out. So much for composing herself.

However, just when all hope of redeeming herself is vanishing, the boy gives her the opportunity. “I’m looking for a home,” he admits, and behind tearstained cheeks, Nasreen’s face lights up. That she can help with, she thinks brightly. Even if you may not be able to call the Edge home much longer, a little voice in the back of her mind reminds her gloomily. The stranger must see the pain that twists across her duo-tone face, for he inquires gently, “Are you okay?”

His kindness, especially in the face of his own distress, nearly moves the girl to tears again. Unfortunately, there is no short response to his query. While ordinarily, she would have burdened whatever stranger who had asked with the entirety of her sorrow, the lad’s nobility has inspired her, and Nasreen does not wish to add the weight of her problems to the heaviness that must already tug at his heart. So, she only gives him a noncommittal shake of the head and a light shrug before doing her best at a reassuring smile. “Everything will be all right,” she replies, half to herself and half to the boy. “If it’s a home you’re looking for…or, well, a home you’ve lost…what I mean to say is, I know a place where you will be welcome,” she tells him, moving closer. “I was lost here once, too,” she explains sympathetically, “but Kahlua—for she’s the queen of the Edge, that’s the place I’m talking about—offered me a home while I look for my own.” The mare’s eyes grow soft at the memory. “Of course, I’m sure you’re welcome to stay for as long as you’d like,” she adds hastily, in the case that the stranger is looking for a more permanent place to rest his head. “I’m Nasreen, by the way.”

OOC: no worries, he's a cutie!
@[Valor]

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!