the Rift

[OPEN] Some nights I'll still dream of you

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

Sacre stepped onto the narrow land bridge that led into the vibrant land of the dragon. Inari had already quickly bounded on ahead, tail flopping this way and that as a pile of dust trailed after him. On the other hand, Sacre remained on the bridge for a few more moments, staring out across the marvellous sea that he was only just beginning to learn actually surrounded the whole of his home. The only one problem with being new was not knowing these simple things, but the fact that he was surrounded by ocean made him feel blessed and he offered the waves a crooked smile of fondness before he stepped off the bridge. Cloven hooves taking him after his overly bubbly companion who was streaking ahead by now.

He hadn't been anywhere in particular, just his usual visit to the Thistle Meadow where he and his twin had been born. It was the only place he could go to enjoy his memories without trekking all the way to the snowy borders of the Aurora Basin. Sacre was excited about the future, but he cherished his past greatly, there were after all many fond faces in it.

Travelling along a little further inland, the colt found his bonded by the tree relic that stood grandly watching over them. It's branches provided a small portion of shade that Sacre greatly appreciated as he went to stand underneath it, watching Inari bounce after a weary looking mouse with a shake of his head.The vulpine was growing steadily and right now he was at a state where his ears looked rather large compared to the rest of his body and his tail was becoming increasingly bushier. All in all he looked awkwardly caught between pup and adult, a trait Sacre shared himself. Youth was clear across the features of both boys, but already they had shared many memories in their short time.

It was these past experiences Sacre began to dose off to under the archaic branches of the red sapped tree as the sun began to fall and night took its turn.

@[Aurelia]

image by strideroo

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I wandered around aimlessly, my body sore and beaten from the Veins of the Gods spiders. My usually pristine coat tainted and tattered with blood, cuts, boils, and I am overall very sore. I had sought the gods with my mate, but instead of coming, they stuck horse-eating spiders on Destry and I. Thus, my bitterness towards the gods increases. Perhaps I need to visit the gods with Cera. He seems to always see them, as for me... The gods can only be seen in glimpses. Those glimpses vanish quickly, though. Leaving me in the cold darkness.

The heat today is unbearable, so I search around, seeking shade. I notice a black horse wandering around, most likely looking for shade, too. We both notice the tree that offers little shade. Simultaneously, we head towards it. He reaches the tree first, and I know if there is not enough shade for the two of us, I will have to continue my search for shade. By the time I reach the tree, the colt is laying down (presumably asleep?). My coat is drenched in sweet, making my look a rather unappealing (in my eyes) shade of pink. The flies are unbearable, and it seems my tail doesn't do much to keep them off of my wounds.

As I see the colt fall asleep, I slip into the shade next to him, finding sudden relief. I glance towards him and wonder if he'll wake up, see my wounds, and freak out. Will he think I'm a wraith? Surely he can't think I'm attractive with boils, bald-spots, cuts and more. I look at him, and I feel very insecure, suddenly. He looks like the type of boy (stallion?) to be overly confidence and kind of a douche. One of my ears slips backwards as I ponder leaving. Should I stay or should I go?

ooc:; I made it so it took place after this thread: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=15056 if you don't want it like this, feel free to tell me and I can edit! <3

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

Sleep came slowly, tugging at his drooping eyelids and dragging his head slowly downwards. A rear hoof unconsciously lifted up from its standing position to lazily rest against the sandy earth. All in all, Sacre felt peace and lethargy settle over him, dreamworld calling him into another time and space away from the reality of this world. The boy had almost nodded off completely when his ears twitched to a sound and the heat of another nearby sparked his senses to groggily return to the present. He hadn't quite registered enough for his heart to panic yet as his blue eyes turned on the mare whom was side by side with himself. Through bleary eyes she looked like a smudge of white and gold darkened by the night, it was only as he began to focus and awaken properly that the boy noticed the injuries that marred her fur.

Lids flung back to reveal startled eyes as finally his heart reacted, skipping a beat and jumping to his throat, he quickly sidled to one side and smacked his barrel against the tree. Sacre winced visibly and mouthed the word ow with a grimace. Where on earth had she come from?! Another noise made him jump again (though not quite so dramatically this time) as a familiar bark sounded the arrival of a flurry of dark paws and orange fur. Inari had arrived back, mouse in mouth and headed straight to his friend's side, eyeing the mare with a mixture of concern and suspicion.

Sacre, on the other hand, was peering at her. She was white and dappled in gold, wings strapped to her side and a feather tied into her porcelain mane. Her body was littered with nasty looking wounds and physical scars that made his youthful face twist in sadness and disquiet. Her whole appearance made her look like some war weary soldier, returning with more than she bargained for from a hell like battle. What on earth had happened?! The Sleuth cleared his voice shakily and quietly tried to get her attention, hoping she hadn't fallen asleep on him. "Um, miss? Excuse me" he leaned in gently. "Do you need a healer?" Stupid question really, but Sacre didn't know what else to do, nor where Tandavi would be at a time like this.

@[Aurelia]

image by strideroo

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Suddenly, the boy is very much awake. I startle as he does. In a quick motion, he has awoken, has jumped away from me, and has hit the tree. I snort softly, and giggle a little as a fox comes (maybe companion?) "Do you need a healer?" He is sweet at least, asking if I need a healer. "No, dear. I don't need a healer, just some rest. I'm sorry to have spooked you." Her eyes look over his body. He's a black thing, with a young face. There is a red spot on his flank, but blood wouldn't be that bright on a dark coat, so I don't worry. The fox that has joined also seems young. He or she carries a rat in it's jaw. Where did it find that? What else can it find? Shilva could have probably caught a mouse, but this is a baby fox. Are foxes natural born hunters? Could Shilva have been so skilled?

"I am Aurelia. Who might you be?" I ask him politely, caring to know the boy's name. Is he just visiting the Dragon's throat also? "And you?" I giggle as I look at the fox. So cute! Though I seem perfectly happy, my body stings and burns and my heart longs for Shilva. My facade of happiness stays up, however. I do not need anyone's pity. I am not seriously hurt, just slightly broken. Maybe cracked, but I'm not shattered, despite what everyone thinks. I am healthy enough. No need for healers and medics, but maybe Destry needs it? Is she more hurt than me? Where is she? Have I lost her love already? Did she find out I'm crazy? Oh, Destry.. Where are you, love?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.