the Rift

[OPEN] the end will come soon.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I wanted to leave this world and it's hate. Why do I stay if I am not wanted? Only Destry wants me, and I want her, but I am unsure if that is enough to keep me alive. I had tried to get Mauja to kill me, then in the Hidden Falls I had tried to drown myself. The thing is, I could never bring myself to end my life. Perhaps now this is something I simply want to do. I want to die. Maybe I will run into Destry once more in the clouds-- in heaven. Maybe I won't go to heaven. My only home may be hell, and though it scares me to say that, it is the truth. What does Helovia offer me other than hate and the fading glimpse of hope I see very rarely? The World's Edge hates me, the Hidden Falls hates me, Africa hates me. I can't just learn to deal with that. Hate is something that is meant to surround me. I was a slave before Helovia, a hated slave, too. I'm too unusual for anyone. Even my parents were bittersweet about me. I have realized that there is no more sweet left for me. Maybe years and years into the future the horses that once held grudges over me will forgive me, but what about now? I am supposed to suffer through this? Life can either be cruel or nice. It was nice to me at first, but then being attacked and scarred made Life change it's mind. Now everything is cruel. I am tormented by myself everyday. I can tell myself to be happy, but faking happiness is not like being truly happy.

I trudge towards the edge of the island. I do not jump off the edge, I merely lay down, the soft grass tickling my underbelly as my body sinks lower. The edge is right there. It would be simple to scoot my body over a foot and peacefully fall to my end, but I do not do that. I'd like to wait until I can give Destry what she wants before I leave this world. I want to give her a family. So, as I look over at the expanse of helovia, I wonder about what our children would look like. Will they be cute? Of course they will. They will inherit that from Destry. Will they be psychotic like me, or sweet like Destry?

ooc:; open for all :D aurelia got really sad here o-o someone should come and make her happy again ;-;

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
don't go gentle into that good night
rage on against the dying light
I wasn't afraid of many things, but to some degree, I was afraid of heights. Climbing the mountains of Vallhea with only my balance keeping me from tumbling to my death, all the while donning heavy steel plates of armor and the weight of my beloved Bran... That I could do, but the thought of peering over the edge of the island and knowing just how high up I was was a completely different story. The simple knowledge of it made it hard enough to stand remotely close to the edge at all, and Suli was having a blast rubbing it in.

"Oh, stop it, now," I said as I walked along one of the many paths of the island, while Suli danced and twirled just beyond the cliff's edge, her wings cutting through the clouds as she seemed to cackle at me, "That isn't fair." But the emerald didn't care, her amusement growing as my embarrassment did the same. A grown stallion, a father, a trained and proven warrior... afraid of straying too close and falling over the edge. I could almost laugh at myself.

'Des scared, Des scared!' She endlessly repeated, much to my chagrin, 'They won't see Des falling from such great heights, 'come down now', they'll say, but...' I waited for more of the dragoness' sing-song voice, but when nothing more came, I pulled my bister gaze from the road ahead and apprehensively looked to the left near the edge, seeing Suli hovering and looking off in the distance, violet gaze intense. Curious, I came to a halt and followed her eyes, my own landing on a pale form lounging in the grass. For a moment I simply looked on, trying to place a name or a familiar face, and it was only when I spied those golden markings that I realized...

"Fire-bitch!" Suli's words screeched inside my head, her choice of language causing me to flinch and then send her a sharp look before looking back on the pale mare's form. It was Aurelia.

My feelings towards the mare were different than the majority of the Edge's, if the recent meeting was anything to go by. I sought to give the then-Seer a trial, to hear her out and bring conclusion to her actions. She had every right to fight Kahlua, if she saw herself a better fit, and although I didn't personally agree, I still longed to know why she had done what she did. Kahlua had wanted to find her alongside me, and even though my Queen wasn't here with me, I couldn't pass the opportunity up.

So, with a sharp breath and an equally sharp glance back to Suli, I stepped forward and approached the Pegasus. Would she remember me, remember that I was from the Edge and go hurrying away? The action would surprise me, but I hoped that she would remain where she was. "Aurelia," I spoke up, voice deep but gentle as I regarded her, noting the terrible look of suffering riddled across her face, a look that had my own expression slipping into one of worry. Perhaps it was the father in me reacting, but I couldn't be nasty with her, not right now.

I came to a halt a few yards from her, so as not to make her too uneasy, wishing only to speak with her. "I don't mean any harm, Aurelia. You... You look like you could use an ear, or a shoulder."

"bloop"
x - x

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

baylee
The silence is shattered as I here a stallions voice behind me. I glance upwards and see the familiar face of the edge stallion. He was there when I was trying to save Resplendence from herself. Not that she needed saving by me, her knight came quickly and knocked her out of her insanity. He says my name to me. How does he know my name? Did I tell him when we were trying to help Resplendence? My gut turns and I realize that I do not recall telling him my name. Has she sent people to find me? "Edge Stallion." My voice remains neutral, but I begin to worry. Is he going to chuck me off of this edge? I quickly shuffle to my feet, hoping to not be as short and vulnerable, but to my dismay it seems that this stallion is much taller than me. His brown eyes seem to home no malice, but I know from experience that one can easily hide that.

"I don't mean any harm, Aurelia. You... You look like you could use an ear, or a shoulder." My ears slip backwards but do not flatten all the way. I listen to his words, and though I would like to say that I can tell he is somehow here to herd me back to the World's Edge, I have no proof of this. "Maybe I do need a shoulder or an ear, but I don't need yours. Why have you sought me out?" Suddenly, she remembers him saying his name to the frantic Resplendence. Destrier. I let my wings partially unfold. I am prepared to jump off the ledge and fly to safety if I need too.

ooc: sorry for the shortness!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Plans formed. Mind swirled. Heart beat the quick pace of action. It is true the gold did not like responsibility, tasks, or duty, but hell none of that was here is it? His only job, get in the Throat and get out, and thanks to last night he knew just how to do that. Nares lifted around the island trying to find if she was still here. The girl had left the tents that night though, and not returned. Snorting with frustration he begins to sweep the isle. The adrenaline of the chase was on.

Golden limbs slammed and locked. Vanilla locks sweeping, and whipping from their previous rhyme. She was beyond the rise. Moving forward slowly the golden crested the hill. Below he saw her, on the edge. Hark lean back, that will not do. Dead tickets aren’t usually taken into lands. But there’s another. Earth eyes narrow as they watch. He sees her, stops. Then with ease he walks to her. So much for making this a private meeting, still that wouldn’t make it impossible. She jumps up with a start and the golden’s mind spins. She does not like that who approaches. Moving forward down to her with a quick pace her voice spits across the air as he comes into their view.

The gold is another unicorn. His face is painted with restrained worry, his body calm. No hint of his thoughts a moment ago flowing through. His mask is tied on tight, his body trained. Slowing to a walk as he comes up, his eyes look to mare who knows him not, and the black stallion (dragon still unnoticed). “Sorry to intrude, but I heard voices.” Looking back to the golden bird he speaks more defensively. “Is he bothering you dear maiden…” Gold dusted eyes trail to the dark stallion. The creature seemed to have manors, maybe he wouldn’t take this personally. The brute’s scent finally came to the gold, finding it full of salt, and thick with pine and limestone the gold knew where he came from. Worry paused him, but it was rationalized. Any word that reached the damsel of this could quickly be twisted back into place as a misunderstanding. Turning back to the pale gold bird those earth eyes look earnestly worried. Let me be your knight in armor. Take me home to your castle so strong. There the gold will become the Trojan.

OOC :: Sorry for crap post....
"speech"

Oh see his mind has a plan,
You might just be a fan

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
She moves, and my muscles tense; will she fly away before I'm able to do anything? I wouldn't pursue her, no, that would only make her feel all the more threatened. But much to my relief, she merely stands, seeming not to know my own name as she refers to me simply as 'Edge Stallion.' My expression slips then, realizing that the young Pegasus had probably never seen nor heard of me aside from when we were both trying to help calm Resplendence from her hellish nightmare. "Destrier," I offer my name gently, and feeling Suli's familiar weight upon my neck, her spaded tail twitching back and forth, I introduce her as well. "And the green one is Suli." Who clearly wasn't at all happy to see Aurelia, no matter how hard I tried to tell her to drop the attitude. At least she was staying put.

Observant eyes watch as Aurelia flicked her ears back, a clear sign of irritation to me, but I keep my posture relaxed, head held level with my withers. I hadn't come here to fight, to scold, nothing of such ill nature. I sought answers, yes, but at the same time, could I really demand those after seeing the Pegasus in such a state? At one time before Suli and my children had come into my life, I knew what it meant to be alone, /truly/ alone, to not have a single soul bat an eye should I have suddenly disappeared from this world. It was a terrible place to be, and I wouldn't stand by and allow somebody else to fall into that deep, dark hole, even if that somebody was more or less hated by the entirety of the Edge, my family, my home.

A heavy sigh of vexation passes through my lips as she speaks. Would I be able to calm her at all, reassure her that I hadn't come to deal her punishment? From the looks of it, one had already been dealt; she was already suffering from what had happened, or so I assumed, and that was punishment enough. But before I'm able to offer said reassurance, another voice is heard, one I find myself unable to place and as I turn to look upon our newest company, find that his face, too, is foreign. Suli's own head snaps up at the golden stallion's emergence, and a deep, rumbling growl emits from her throat as violet eyes settle upon him.

More than likely I was bothering Aurelia, I couldn't deny that, but it was bothersome that another had come into the picture before I could exchange a few more words with the pale lady. Briefly I wondered if they knew one another or not, but I was quick to dismiss the thought. Whether they did or not, it didn't matter, not right now.

"If you wish me to leave, then I will," I say as I look back to Aurelia, leaving Suli to watch the golden one as her growls finally ceased. I went on, chocolate eyes gentle and deep voice steady and unwavering as ever, "But just know that I'm not as sour as the rest. If it is an ear or shoulder you need, then know that mine is open. I harbor no ill-will against you nor your past transgressions."

I had seen a young lady in pain, and I couldn't simply walk on by.

"bloop"
x - x

baylee
My venom gaze flicks away from Destrier, as he had put it, when I catch a glimpse of a golden stallion in the corner of my eye. Destrier and Suli will have to wait for now. I admit it, this is the one time I do not desire attention. "No, he isn't. We are perfectly fine." My attempts to sound polite are overridden by the impatience residing within me. I do not need a knight in shining (gold) armor. I've already been saved by Destry. I do not need to be swept away again. "I am Aurelia. This is my" What is Destrier to me? He is a mere stranger, but perhaps I should show the gold boy that I am here with my 'friend'? Would he even buy it? "friend." I finish sternly, looking back at Destrier.

Destrier speaks now, and I realize I don't want him to leave. I like his company even if he is only here because Kahlua or Kaj sent him. I drop my head so it is level with his at I stare straight at him. "Why have the rulers not talked to me directly? Why must they send you? I know they are not afraid of me." My tone is serious. If he expects me to divulge anything to him, he must divulge to me first. It's not like I don't already know the dysfunctional World's Edge inside out. I know of their mentally insane moon doctor (or that is the conclusion I have come too). I know more, but I do not feel like continuing on. Thinking of the World's Edge gives me a massive headache, and that is something I'd like to avoid today.

I realize I've completely ignored the golden boy in all of this. "I assume you are from the Aurora Basin? That is where the unicorns reside, correct?" Yes, I've been told of the hostile northern unicorns, and to be honest, I do not feel like dealing with one today. Maybe he isn't from their, but that is where most of the unicorns are, so I assume so. I keep my guard up, ready to start my fire magic or even high-tail it out of there. I hope it doesn't get to that, but that may just happen if these horses keep making me inch closer to the edge of this island. Oh how easy they would be able to push my and watch me fall. My ears become erect again and as they do, my forelock spreads across my bridge and covers my eyes. I feel hidden from the world like this, and I take pleasure in this feeling.

ooc:; this is horrible o-o i'm on way too many medications to post XD sorry for any typos or things. :P

Rush of finding the cream and gold bird was passing. Mind was thinking with more calculation. The gold’s plan was developing more, filling out with every close observation of her. She had been in trouble with the Edge, and according to how these two greeted each other, she was on edge. Vulnerable? Hopefully, that was what he planned to hit on. The hole he’d worm through. That also could mean she was not exactly the favored child of the Throat, but she was there and that’s all he needed. If he could just play up to her, a kind handsome noble creatu-

A growl rumbles from the direction of the dark horse. Harks flick back and forth. If that brute dared threaten him then he had another thing coming. The equine’s body was relaxed though, head low. Earth eyes take a moment to take him in and they find the dragon. Gold body shifts. A dragon was new. But how dangerous could it be with it being so little? Perhaps it was like the other creatures that followed equines around, nothing but a little pet. If so then it followed the commands of its bonded, and luckily that horse, even though built, did not seem to of the same mood. His words speak low but gentle. He’ll not be in the way. Inside a smile grows. No trouble at all. Success seemed within the golden’s reach. In his mind he was already half way to the desert lands now. Oh how good that hot sun would feel. How freeing to feel the sand slide about his golden body again.

Apparently it would not be that easy. She snaps back a quick retort, and the golden looks back at her a little jolty. They were fine?! It didn’t seem like it. He already knew the cream woman’s name from the night before but he only nods. “My apologies then, miss.” While they speak of her troubles at the Edge more he can rethink this. That cream bird is much trickier than he realized. The gold should have known if even the damsel queen could not find peace in her enough to invite her to her lands. Thranduil would tread more carefully, he’d keep his plan, just keeping in mind she was acting like a youth with no sense.

Her accusations secure that. Oh boy, it would be a pain to deal with this one. For someone used to playing of secure personality traits this girl was making his job very difficult. If he wanted into the Throat though that meant yet another well-crafted identity. Honestly he wasn’t paid enough for this. Harks lean back, and earth eyes resend their warmth. “Dear Aurelia, that land is full of war hawks, macabre racists, and vulgar notions of right and wrong. It is an insult to be named to there.” There, that should separate ties. Body curves, muscles ease. “Not all unicorns reside in that dark place. Those of more, pure nature, choose to separate from them.” A sigh flows. There was hint of his nature, and now for a dash of wounded soldier. “I am one of those homeless few. Thranduil, at your service.” The twin horns dip to her then to the dark equine and his dragon. He worried of using his own name, but these creatures should know nothing of him. The gold might have over done it, but he enjoyed that lie a little too much to not elaborate a little.

OOC ::
"speech"

It's going to be a long day
To make dear Aurelia pay

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Destrier
That came as a surprise. I had been expecting the mare to take advantage of the palomino's approach, for them to have perhaps know one another, and for the golden boy to try and chase me from here. I would have gone without a fight, but I was grateful that Aurelia had given me a chance.

As the pale youngster refers to me as 'friend', a false title in her mind if I read her look correctly, I merely give a nod of my head as though accepting her claim. My gaze and focus remain on her entirely, the brief flicker of an ear all that I offer to the horned one before I'm speaking again.

Her question is one she has every right to speak, and whereas some might snap and demand she watch her words, their own poisonous, my answer comes calmly and with gentle ease. "Kahlua wanted me to accompany her so that we might find you together," I said in way of explanation, "However, it seems I've found you before we could set off as we had planned." That was the truth, and I could only hope that Aurelia would take it as such.

"I won't force you to come back with me, Aurelia, that would be wrong, but... maybe we could meet again? Kahlua wishes only to speak with you, and I can assure no others follow. My Queen nor myself mean any harm."

But the same could not be same for others of the World's Edge.

"bloop"
x - x

baylee
The golden apologizes and the conversation continues. I ignore him completely for now, not even offering him a twitch of the ear the way Destrier had. Quickly, the black stag speaks.

"I won't force you to come back with me, Aurelia, that would be wrong, but... maybe we could meet again? Kahlua wishes only to speak with you, and I can assure no others follow. My Queen nor myself mean any harm."

"I'll come back with you. I don't really have much to loose. Though, I do know I don't want to be in the Edge when it happens. I'd prefer if Kaj wasn't there either. It feels as if though he'd like me much better dead." What have I done?! I don't want to see Kahlua or anyone! Why would I want to see the person who murdered my companion?! My tethered soul is weak now, and I am crazier, more volatile. I am half dead, soul-less. Do they really want to talk to me? Do they even know what they are getting themselves into? It's now or never, I won't be this willing next time.

Suddenly, the gold is speaking of the basin. "Racist? I knew it. I must go spread this information to those that don't already know it." New mission in life: stop Aurora Basin from... Everything. Why don't they let pegasi and equine in? Are they too holy for us? Oh wait, they are racist! This new information, it makes me see things about that herd differently. I had been told they were hostile, but they are probably super sweet to unicorns. I don't know, it just all makes sense.

The golden was a third wheel. It was all too clear this was not going according to plan. The light colored girl is just too wrapped up in her own world to consider his. Especially with this black stallion. Not even an acceptance of his apology. A hark flicks back as he listens. There at least was a bit of helpful news. The girl was planning to return to the Edge? Not to mention his suspicions of Kaj from the night before confirmed. Of course, did he want to trust the opinions of this girl? This one who seemed more flighty and brash than a mad raccoon. So after his speech gives little to no help for his cause the golden son, there was not much left. He would not make further efforts to this girl. Even at her determination to spread the word of a racist Basin the gold finds it incredibly hard not to roll his eyes. Did the girl honestly not know they were racists?! Sure, his lady was spreading enough peace talk to make a normal horse sick, but even the damsel queen didn’t believe that gilded blade. Still, it was rather humorous to have corrupted the girl’s mind against them. She obviously had a knack for trouble making, so it shouldn’t be too long before she brings her drama up to their door. Looking gravely at her, then the black stallion, those twin horns dipped. “Since all is well, I shall intrude no longer,” said the saintly gold. Turning he set off at a brisk trot towards the center isle. A good distance away, assuredly beyond their ears, a low rumble of laughter saunters forth as he remembers he did all this without even giving away his name.

OOC :: Thran out! =]
"speech"
@[Destrier] @[Aurelia]