the Rift

[OPEN] ACHTUNG!

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
NPC

The summer has been bountiful and gentle with mild weather and an abundance of easy food. Herbivores and predators alike thrive causing a sudden spike in the populations - and an urgent lack of space for them all to mingle upon.

As summer draws to a close, a new threat draw closer to the horses of the desert. A pack of five young, brave mountain lions have parted with their old families and started their own pack. They need to find new territory however, and with the daredevil conviction that nothing can hurt them that only youth possesses they move in towards the Dragon's Throat in the cover of darkness!

Hungry and thirsty, they set their aim for the Oasis where the alluring scent of live prey is abundant.

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

tandavi & natraj</style>
</style>

They return from the forest tired and damp, confused by the things they have witnessed and heard, worn out from the effort of healing the mare. The pair took the long way, reaching the all at the onset of night; all they desire is to rest by the water and settle their thoughts, to dream of sweet nothings and devour cool grass.

So imagine the weight of their ire and shock when on reaching the oasis, they are greeted not by family, but the scent of a predator, the heartbeat of prey. The girl walks into the grass with a sigh, happy her frogs have found freedom from sand. Upon her long back the kitsune sleeps, shadowy form wreathed by glittering sparks. He spent the past hour chasing the things, both children transfixed by this development of magic. So far she finds she cannot affect them, though with straining and thought she is able to bleed more; they follow her, shapeless, a light in the dark. As her brother rests they still remain, blinking in and out of life, providing thin and fickle illumination in deep and cloudless dark.

It is enough.

Natraj smells them first, rising up stiffly on his sister's tall back. Alarm creeps into the lines of his back, black and cream fur standing angry on edge- Cats, he informs her, fear tinting his hate. She pauses then, rigid, crown raised to the breeze, ears tall and alert for the faintest of noise. There, a rustle, barely to her right; she shies away, gasping, eyes wild in the night. They must be nearby, she thinks, though she cannot make out a form: still in the desert, or have they breached through the trees, do they creep even now in the brush at their feet?

Terror plays with the girl's heart, urging her greatly to flee, to escape; but beside it rides courage, and a passionate fire. No, she declares, I won't run, not again. There are lives to protect, names to learn, friends to defend; she is sworn to protect, and will not disappoint. Her mind turns to Cirrus, so recently saved; to Sacre and Kari and Sohalia and others, all those she cares for, those she would never let see her in fear, and she swallows exhaustion, breathes strength in its place.

At her right shoulder a small sun begins to appear, forming informally, glowing and hot. She can feel Lace's magic as it burns at her veins, the heat on her face as it rises, alight. Firechild glows in its cruel burning light, eyes flicking eagerly from movement to stone. On her left her brother now stands on the earth, fire licking eagerly at the end of his tails- I'm ready, he tells her, and she nods her ascent. Let 'em attack us. Let 'em just try.

"We're under attack!"

image | code

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Danger had grabbed hold of the night in a vicious, aggressive way, dragging it down into the nostrils of any desert bound creature that dare lay awake through the black hours. Something was terribly, if not horrifyingly wrong. Precious instincts said it become a show for a slaughter, split blood, wounds, what a healer should only see when the battle has ended. No one seemed to stir, probably fleeing as it was everyone's best bet, and horror pinged in her chest. No one was coming, and with a lone call that screamed 'We're under attack!', it was time to kick it into action.
Sprinting as fast her legs would haul her body against the sand, skidding to a halt when she came across the female standing alone, stepping into rhythm in what would end her putting up a fight. Where we're the soldiers when she needed them?
Wanting to brave, to not be a corpse on the doorstep as she had done in the fast, a loud snort, shake of the head that wove her horn in the air, threatening to use it as a weapon to kill instead of what had been used to strike the ground and rip herbs up., stamping her hoof, it was all a warning that spoke 'Come at me.'
"Come on, fight us for what is our's!" Her voice is so foreign, but she's gained a fire. This was her home, a place she'd sworn her best abilities to.
Fire roars in her chest, blue eyes bright because she's never been this scared before in her lifetime, but never so alive. Her heart is ready to burst out of her chest, her brain screaming bloody murder that no, you shouldn't do this. This is how people die.
Her partner in battle has magic, something that catches her attention for a moment's notice. Wasn't that the golden female from the gathering with Africa and Sacre? It wasn't a good time for introductions, but later on, they would have to be made.

OOC: Sikeax hasn't done anything yet, only threatening with her horn lowered in case she needs to use it.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

It had been a long night on patrol, mostly uneventful, but drawn out nonetheless. Wings beat furiously as he swivelled mid air, training while no threat called for his attendance; no visitor by the border summoned his audience, and the great copper hybrid lunged with the marvellous athleticism of his kin. Faster, faster, he urged, long brawny legs reaching forward with each thrust as though they might find traction in the cool night air and pull him forward still quicker. Galloping, galloping... his mind screamed, imagining a competitor below, flightless, but with legs built for such land-bound travel and haste.

Hector’s shift was drawing to an end and on this final leg of the course he’d invented (there were parts such as this in midair, and others to test his dexterity on earth), he fought back weariness and burning sinew to perform the fastest lap yet. Stars glittered across a heavy canvas of black, and the late Tallsun moon cast a cool pale light across the dull golden desert below. Even while his thoughts were wrapped up in his exercise, the stallion’s tawny eyes were aglow, chasing eagerly the slithering darkness below; dissecting shadows on full alert. It was his responsibility, and though of late his path wavered confoundedly, he committed to role in earnest.

There was a rippling white flash through his mind, an image materialising; a scene that caused his gasping breath to choke, and his forward motion to falter. A feline pack stalked through the cover of night, nearing the oasis; hungry perhaps, their posture easily betraying their intent. Where are they? Teeth snapped harshly, grinding as anger began to leak through his powerful, body; adrenaline goading into action. The stallion was already dropping, enormous wings dipped and closed by half to accelerate his descent. Another picture invaded his thoughts. Veci was near the oasis, and Hector was not far north.

Like a boulder plunging from the face of a cliff, the burly soldier barrelled forward, and it took him little time to find the lions- and the two young mares who were lingering not far ahead. Naturally, as hooves collided with sand, the stallion positioned himself between Tandavi, Sikeax and the predators. He knew not the magic stewing through the sun-burnt girl, the Sun Physician; he could see the brave swing of the other’s glowing horn, defying all logic to defend the land of the Sun. A furious scream pealed around him, spilling into the darkness like wild water from a river’s bursting banks.

Wings extended in full, exaggerating his already mammoth size, and Hector reared with thrashing hooves to warn the pack away.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei was jolted from her sleep by the shouts of her herd-mates. Briefly she was irritated; miffed over the loss of the dreams that were now long lost. Then the realization that trouble was brewing dawned on her. Quickly shedding the fog that sleep had draped over her she made her way towards where the shouts were the loudest.

Her hooves pounded the ground beating out a drumbeat to complement the sound of the voices that rang out. It all came together to create the song of chaos.

"We are under attack!" She thought that it may be Tandavi's voice that served as the climax of the song breaking through the steady thrashing rhythm.

Adrenaline pulsed through her veins. It was surreal. The pegasus had began to believe that nothing out of way took place here in Helovia, since she had ventured into its borders all she had been surrounded by was peace.

"By who?!" Rei spun in a tight circle her wide eyes searching the night's shadows for the invaders. Invaders in her home. Were they members of another herd? Maybe a group of rogue outcasts? Or was it some other creature entirely?

Losing some of her nerve Rei shivered in the crisp night air. Helovia was full of many strange creatures she had never seen before. What if it was some monstrous beast? Her gallop slowed to a gait that was no more than a canter. It was then that a flashback came back to her.

"I can't do it!" A six month old Rei stomped her hooves and threw her head back as she wailed the words. "I am not strong enough. I don't want to do this anymore. Can't we play with the dolls instead?" With her last question she perked up brightly ears pricked forward and eyes glittering as she glanced towards the stuffed dolls that she had neatly stacked in the plush green grass. He had said that this training would be important and that they would play after they were finished but it wasn't as much fun as whenever he played with her. He was so good at playing as her favorite doll's boyfriend. No wonder her momma had picked him to be Rei's dad.

"What makes you think that you aren't strong enough?"

"I can't get it right!" he was going to still make her wait to play. A pout formed on her small muzzle. Maybe her mother hadn't chosen very well after all. "I am never fast enough to dodge and I am nowhere near strong enough. Shaidia's parents don't make her learn to fight!"

"A true soldier does not have to be the strongest or the most agile." Ignoring her complaints he thrust his muzzle against her chest, "It is what is in here that matters." His booming laugh shook the air in the training grounds as she stumbled back from the force of his touch, "It also helps if you keep those hooves of yours firmly balanced." His voice had gone tender, gone was the much hated authoritative tone that he only used during the time he was training her, this was instead the pure tone of a father.

The unsurpassable love of a father was what drove him to give her these lessons regularly. Her friend Shaidia was a cremello and would never have to face any troubles. Herlov, a fewspot, had passed his genetics on to his daughter. There was no guarantee that Leridanna would be able to keep Rei's coloring a secret for forever. He would be sure that their daughter could defend herself. "A soldier is someone who chooses to stand between their enemy and those that are held dear. Don't ever forget that Rei. If you remember nothing else about what I have taught you at least remember that."

Once he was convinced that the words had sunk into Rei he turned from her with a mischievous colt-like expression coming across his face. Whenever he turned back towards her again he held her favorite doll firmly between his teeth. "Youff need purpffuse in your fightingf." Her young doe like eyes widened in indigation as he tossed the doll to the sandy ground. Now he spoke without the toy muffling his speech. "Defend her."

Her eyes went from being as wide as one of her father's hooves to being narrowed in determination. He had driven his lesson home.

A similar narrowed eyed look of determination crossed over Rei's features. The lesson her father had taught her so very long ago was still fresh in her mind. Although she had found herself terrified and didn't think herself to be as tough as those who were already engaged in battle, Rei still had a home full of those she considered family who needed her to help protect them.

All questions and worries about what had came upon them were answered as a mountain lion slinked towards her. Rei firmly planted her feet, tucked her wings in close to her sides, and arched her neck to make herself appear larger. It was a battle stance.

"You look young," although she didn't let her defensive stance falter any she wanted to first take a compassionate route with the creature. "This is my home. These other pegasi, equines, and unicorns are my family. As I am sure the other mountain lions are your own." She didn't break her gaze from the predator before her but her ears flicked restlessly in every direction taking in the sounds of the fights flaring up around her. "Please," her voice broke as she begged the creature to leave. She should consider the lion an enemy but couldn't bring herself to, instead she only saw another young creature trying to make its way in the world. "Please leave before someone gets hurt."

Rei fell silent with her ears still pinned. Her loyalty was tied to Dragon's Throat. If the mountain lion struck she would have no choice but to retaliate. With her body language she communicated that message, but with her eyes she still pleaded with the wild animal.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I am alerted by a warning. We are under attack. Quickly, I take to the skies, my eyes and ears peeled, looking for the threat. My eyes glance down and I spot mountain lions and horses. A war? Why are there mountain lions? My loyalty is to the Dragon's Throat, and though Africa will not let me join the Throat yet, I would still fight to the death for this land. If I die, I'd like to die serving the Throat, no matter if Africa wants me in the herd or not. I dive down to the ground and within seconds, I am only the ground, halted, and ready to attack.

"I'm not underestimating them, but I do not believe they speak our language." Why in the world would these horses thing that big cats could speak? Do other big cats speak in Helovia? Have I missed something? I rear into the air, my hooves flailing wildly. Maybe we don't have to hurt them. Maybe we can just scare them off. I notice that the orange stallion that I had met when I was a wraith was doing the same thing I was. Hey, great minds think alike, right? I make no move to attack yet, but I do prepare.

My hooves land on the ground with a loud thud and the spray of sand grain. I let out a loud neigh, the tones of my voice should convey the message that we are not to be fucked with. Us horses, we're powerful, and no cat will stop us from showing off our battle prowess. Let the cats try to attack us. Let them see just how powerful a group of horses is. Now that I am here, we are even numbered. I'm sure more horses will come, too. I wouldn't be surprised if we outnumbered the cats rather quickly. I stare at the cats, my gaze unwavering. There is ferocity in my eyes, they would be smart to turn around before I let them see my fiery self. Of course, they can stay, but they will be burnt badly. They will not see the light of tomorrow if they decide to attack and not leave. We are powerful. We are the Dragon's Throat. They... are cats.

ooc:; i think i repeated myself quite a lot here x-x so sorry, will get better.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei blushed profusely feeling scorned by the gorgeous pegasus before her. It wasn't that she expected the mountain lions to speak, she had simply hoped that the emotion behind her words would somehow reach the hearts of the predators.

She felt kind of ridiculous as she watched the others around her make moves to scare the mountain lions off. The spotted pegasus admired those who had reacted quickly and so well. Practical thinking certainly wasn't the freckled pegasus' strong suit. She was all heart.

Puffing up to stand as mighty as her fourteen hands would allow she mustered together just enough of her bulk to appear intimidating. But the kind light in her eyes didn't fade out. In ways she supposed it could be a fault, but she did mean well and loved the land that they were in along those who also called it home just as much as the other's who defended it.

What would her father's take on the matter be? Would he think she was being too softhearted towards the invaders?

It was at times like these that the young mare yearned for her sire's guidance. The stallion had been snatched away from her much too early.

Shaking her head she violently shook the thoughts from her mind. This was not the time nor the place. Either way her father would want her to react. Thinking of the young members of the Dragon's Throat who depended on the rest of them for defense a rage began to spark in her as she realized that if the lions weren't stopped the young ones would be their first targets.

Rearing, although still perhaps not as vehemently as her herd-mates, she struck the empty air before her.

Gods, she prayed, let them flee before it comes to blows. Her gentle heart didn't want to harm any of the mountain lions while at the same time her blood still boiled in a protective anger for those that they were defending

OOC: I hope that it is okay that I posted here again, I am not sure if posting order and all applies in these.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
NPC

The attempts to ward off the lions with a display of strength are well executed. The approaching group of predators slow down and hesitate as the delicious looking fillies raise an alarm and soon find them joined by one, two three adults with giant wings and flailing hooves. Young and bold as they are, even these brave fighters are unequipped for such a battle, and four of them stop altogether, exchange a long lock between one another and turn around, slinking back into the night.

One of the lions remain however. The attempts to scare them off seem to rial this young female up instead, and with a roar that echo in the night she starts to run, setting her sights on SIKEAX as she leaps up to attack, tooth and claw!

[Posting order applies unless stated otherwise. Please post only once per round! :)]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
you've done all the things that could kill you somehow

"We're under attack!"

Horror and rage battled it out in an instantaneous reaction to the call that rang out terrified and determined across the sands. All the invasions, all the wars, he had never been able to participate. Too young, too fragile. Every time he would have to sob and beg Midas to stay, and later on to let him come along, to let him fight and help. He was no stranger to fighting, his father was the General and later Sultan after all. He had battled and killed his father's alter image in a fierce fight that had nearly ended his own life as well. There was nothing he feared, not even death, for he knew his Lord would take his soul into eternal rest should he ever meet it.

Ilaria refused to be sent from his spine when he commanded her to the safety of the desert floor, and Cera lacked the dexterity required to remove her forcibly from the crest of his neck. Frustrated he snapped at her before taking to the skies in a leap and a bound, wings sliding out and embracing the winds. There was no time to waste, regardless of who was attacking the longer he waited the more injuries possible.

The sands became a blur of color beneath as he raced for the source of the call, Tandavi's voice a familiar beacon until the crowd became apparent. Cougars, his mind supplied with a shudder of disgust and a tinge of fright. It seemed his family had scared off the majority of the large, vicious cats. But one remained, and under Cera's gaze and approaching body, it began to sprint on padded paws across the sand towards...his heart sank and everything turned a brilliant shade of carmine, like blood splatter.

Sikeax.

There was no time.

Cera screeched, a falcon before the kill as anger and the desire to protect his friend swelled inside like a tsunami of dangerous proportions. There was a temporary fear of those long, deadly claws he was headed straight towards, of the damage they could inflict. He knew what cougars could do to horses, what they could do in that moment to him. But in that long, suspended moment, he also knew he'd suffer any wounds if it meant keeping a single scratch from Sia's hide.

Careful of his hooves, he swooped down from over Sikeax's head, blunt crown tucked and forelegs extended for impact as he intervened between the predator and the victim, eyes flaming and mouth gaping as he screamed and dove towards the cougar. Straight into its waiting claws without a single regret for his actions.

Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

He had been asleep by the Oasis when the warning came. Startled awake as Fajira suddenly screeched in reply and shot off his back and into the starry sky, Lace began to move before he had woken up. He knew that voice, and the alarm it carried was enough to set his teeth on edge and the heart beat like a drum in the chest. Sand sprayed every which way around the hooves as he set off, cursing his own lack of wings whenever he saw a dark shadow pass by overhead; in comparison to the winged residents he was regrettably slow.

His late arrival to the battleground was punctured by sharp breath and even sharper curses. Unaccustomed to the shifting sands after so many years of habitation in forests he felt clumsy, a whale on land trying to get a hang of walking. He had to pause for a second to regain some semblance of composure and surveyed the dark shapes that moved around, shouts and screams accompanied by threatening gestures. Desperately searching eyes quickly found Tandavi close to the center of the fray, her fiery coat illuminated by a blazing orb of fire he recognized as his own magic... so she had absorbed it again, had she. At least she seemed better at using it now than the first time it had happened, though rather than using it the girl appeared to just hold it to herself - a wise move, as an explosion of that magnitude in such a cluttered fight would injure not only the target but most likely herself and her comrades too.
Of the other combatants the grullo recognized Cera, surprising in his sudden ferocious attempt to knock a sandy lion away from a young unicorn. Beyond them he spotted Rei, the obnoxious loudmouth he'd met on a beach not long ago, and a pale figure with wings he had never met before. They stood clumped up together on the ground, something that made the stallion frown - it just made them better targets. A big, hybrid brute wasn't much better even though his size and fury were impressive - what did they even have wings for if they weren't going to use them?

Making a rapt decision to ignore things like rank, membership and courtesy the seasoned old soldier took a breath and threw himself into the battle, his dragon a pale blur in the sky as she flew ahead to try and ward the lion away from Cera with her fiery breath. Lace meanwhile focused on the pegasi and shouted a commanding "Everyone with wings, don't stand around like buffalo around a waterhole! Get up in the air and attack from above!" As he moved to position himself between Tandavi, Sikeax and the lion he sent his mind deep into the ground in search of roots, old wood - anything really that could help him make focused attacks. The dry ground was sorely lacking of such things however, and cursing out loud he instead ignited his own sun and brought it up high in the air, to shed a light bright as day over the fighters.

"Tandavi, help me! Lets give them light" he ordered his self-appointed protegé, hopefully in time before she tried to do something brave and stupid with it. "You, girl!" he addressed Sikeax, "back up and make sure you don't turn your back on the lion, keep your horn at it!"

And then he turned his attention at the lion himself, preparing to rush in and aid the brave Diviner if it looked like he would need it.

ooc: way to take charge, Lace :P Hope no one minds him ordering them around.

Picture by Vossity
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

tandavi & natraj</style>
</style>

They arrive in full force, her fearsome soldiers, her army of the Sun. The first to join, to stand by her side, is a filly whose name slips away from her tongue, a blue-horned young unicorn who seemed to be Sacre's friend. Black eyes turn to glance at the other, fire and gratitude fierce in her face. The battle cry echoes through harsh, empty night, and is met with mass, a great copper form descent from the sky, bronze wings extended to create mass and space. Tandavi blinks at the beautiful beast, momentarily taken by his grandiose glory.

She quickly recovers, moving to pull herself alongside the brute. That he intends to protect her does not enter her mind- they are all here to protect them, their family, the weak and seeping and frightened and good.

They are joined by more, the spotted Rei who told stories in the ice, a mystery mare garbed in splashes of gold, and for a moment she thinks that perhaps the others are right, that the foes will forge a quick retreat, intimidated by the weight of their wrath. She thinks it, but does not believe it, not for an instant. The darkness of the world runs too deep.

So when four retreat she watches the one, and realizes there is naught she can do. Why it goes for the champagne and not her, the filly does not know- but she screams her silent rage that this has been the case, that she cannot bear the pain for her family, that she is too far away, trapped on the other side of Hector, unable to help, to move, to do anything but watch, watch as the battle unfolds and the lion launches up, over...

Toward Cera, who has fallen from the sky like a comet of the Sun.

She has never seen a battle before, not so close, not so deadly. She fled when Lace was attacked by the Beast, hid when the Basin invaded her home. Now, met with the cruelty of war and the fear of her peers, she finds in her heart naught but loathing. She feels helpless, useless, a wraith on the wind. She has only one thing left, one weapon in her arsenal.

She focuses on the sun.

Had Lace not chosen now to appear, things may have been different, with disastrous results. Tandavi raises the bright sun high, preparing to hurl it at the lion, to ignite and explode in a flurry of fire, blind to the lack of logic in this act. It is Lace's strong voice which catches her mind, grabs it and holds it in fearsome embrace. Light, she thinks, momentarily dazed- light, and alters the course of the sun, following Lace's and increasing in size to shed vibrant daylight across the battlefield.

image | code

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Prayers are quickly answered when the familiar scent rising off Hector strikes her nostrils, the giant landing between her and the other female wielding the ball of fire. Threats pour endlessly from the trio. She bares her teeth multiple times, stepping forward with loud stamps of gray hooves that bring clouds of dust upwards where her dragger has the sharp end out, posed for any attack needed.
Four retreat when more and arrive, including the dual toned Pegasus that she'd seen at the party on the Sky Island. A spotted speaks words that try to avoid warfare. Whether or not that their speech worked was up for debate. All that mattered now was that one-
- that one was charging straight for her.
Off guard, something she could be scolded for later on time, the attack locks her muscles, bares the whites of her eyes when fear screams bloody murder throughout her young body. It all braced up for the wave of pain that was sure to erupt through her nerves when teeth and claws met a honey hide.
Shadows cover her for a moment, sure that beyond all possibilities, the cat has grown wings and flown overhead to attack her with greater accuracy that would deal more wounds. She pulls her body in more, already feeling her nerves bunch up at an attack that never hits.
Instead, a bird-like screech fills the air. At first, she is sure it is by fate that some rogue bird has come to save her, that an angel ascended from above to take away her soul to the heavens when the cat had struck her perfectly, bringing death. Her eyes, once squeezed shut behind wrinkled lids, burst open, ready to welcome to the sight of an angel in all of it's glory coming to take her away before her family.
There is no angel, merely a mass of feathers and a boy that she spent time with alone on the island. Cera, of all those that it could of been, had been her angel, the one know standing before her taking the impact when she should of been the bleeding one.
All at once, her heart shatters and her world crumbles, light floods in. This is death, surely, or a bad dream that was way too real.
Voices flood her, one that is somewhat familiar to her ears. Lost in the panic that floods her, it drowns.
"CERA, NO!""
Tears build up in her eyes. A sob catches itself within her windpipe, and she's sure she can't breathe as she back-pedals, stumbling across gravestone hooves. More light rises in, leaving her to slightly curse her companions. Every drop of what was bravery evaporates, horror taking every inch of what was once there.
This is just a dream, she lies to herself. A dream that's all to real.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed