the Rift

everybody wants to rule the world

Vesska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A growl slithered from the belly of a thin charcoal colored mare. Bloody orbs glared and sliced through the thick forest of the threshold. Her temper bubbled with every step and every thought of being confined within the forest sparked her anger. Vesska's light steps barely made a sound as she wandered amongst the heavy foliage. Her black coat remained docile to gaze upon but the crimson crown upon her head tainted her image towards something much darker. The light above the trees peaked down through the branches and danced on the ground as the leaves swayed. Bits of light shimmered upon her ebony coat and the rays of light that poured down swirled and played with the dust she disturbed on her walk. She halted and looked around, her efforts to get out of the forest we proving to be fruitless and she grumbled in displeasure. 'How the fuck did I end up here', she pounded a hoof on the ground, frustrated and tired a harsh sigh echoed out from the depths of her belly. Not long ago she had been walking along this bliss of mountains and open fields. Now she felt sweaty and flustered.

The sound of light chirps and tweets caught her attention as she gazed above her. Sitting on a branch was a fluffy little rainbow finch. It starred at Vesska curiously as it hopped around on it's twig. "What the fuck are you looking at" she hissed. "Look at you, just sitting there like you own the place" she growled whipping her tail against her sides to ward off more nuisances. She snorted and sent a plume of warm air towards the bird as she drug herself forward again. Although the finch was much too high to feel her insult it flew away regardless. The branch it had been perched on swayed back and forth. 'Is there anyone even around here?!'

everybody wants to rule the world.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The plan was going wonderfully. Yet at this particular moment it sucked. Snorting in disgust at what he was making himself do, the golden stallion slipped in and out of the shadows of the threshold. There was a need to get close. Get locked in. Be needed. That required doing deeds that were needed. And most unfortunately that included visiting the Threshold. The twin horned had not been here since he himself first entered the lands. Musing over the past, he grinned to himself thinking of the trouble he caused for Arah and Crash Course, and wondered if they regretted what they did. Well they could never say he didn’t warn them what sort he was. Chuckling low the golden slowed to a walk and began his search for some stupid unicorn to bring home and collect his praising reward.

Many equines were passed up, and several pegasi. Harks now faced back, this is just fantastic. Cat tail whipped about his sides. Mind grumbled with the stupidity of this mission. He had seen several wagons trains from this land cross through the Arch in his small time here, but now, they’re all gone. Great. Harks pinned. A waste of valuable time. It was not that the gold was angered, but considering the dullness and slowness of his plans at the moment, the Threshold he had hoped, would bring him something new and a step up on his checklist. Giving up his search and turning back north the gold stomps through the forest. With harks pinned and mind busy complaining, he’s nearly on her before he senses her.

The scent of thick pine air is interrupted. Harks lift and body stills, head moving about and see a figure in the shadows approaching. Above the shape though, two curving blades raise high. A grin grows, there now. Wiping this clean he finds himself a calm look. Eyes serene yet his body holds an edge. Not all who entered this land would be lost babes, some would be fiery warriors. Stepping more into a ray of light he turns to look fully at the oncoming unicorn. Attention of the gold is drawn and he nods to the sleek black creature. “Afternoon.” One word, a million thoughts. Now, it was up to her. What games would she want to play? The golden knew so many.

OOC ::
"speech"

Posting Poetics

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Somnus Posts: N/A
Unregistered

somnus</style>

the sandweaver.</style>

I had decided that the Falls were boring me today, so I guess maybe I should go do something useful even though it really wasn't worth it because it would add no excitement to the Falls. With a makeshift shrug of my shoulders, I dug my golden cloved toes into the ground, setting off at a leisurely, sauntering pace. Holding my crowned head high, my starving blue eyes rolled across the landscape slowly. The hot sun beat down upon my slender back while my muscles coiled under my pelt, leaving a fine layer of sweat coating me. I shook my mane, noting how much of a nuisance it was and my want to cut it short again. I'd have to find somehow to do so.

It did not take long before I slipped into the shadows of the forest of the Threshold, and a light sigh slipped from my lips from delight of the coolness. Black glittering sand pulsed underneath me, the soothing sound filling my ears and emptying my mind as I meandered through the brush. A sudden, hostile voice broke through my stance and a surge of anger pulsed through me. 'What the fuck are you looking at?' My sharp, light eyes stared in the direction of where the voice came from, and I turned swiftly, the black sand slithering along with me and crashing at my hooves. 'Look at you, just sitting there like you own the place.' A smirk crossed my face as I stepped from the shadows, glancing at the other stallion before turning my attention back to the ebony mare. "Feisty." I say smoothly, a mischievously dark and seductive twinge to my tone.

[ ooc; edit- this is the darker somnus, if you can't tell from my hints in the post ^^ ]
 and i discovered that my castles
   stand upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand...
aScratch @ flickr.com

Unregistered

Vesska does not notice the stranger at first and is almost caught off guard by the blatant greeting. She halts and cranes her neck to look at the specimen that has unfortunately graced her with his presence. Her head still relatively low to the ground she does not speak. She stares with stale eyes and a gaze now pricked with annoyance. She tilts her head with great care and looks upon the golden man at an angled view. With a widening grin she opens her mouth, "what would you like" her words dry and cracked. She wets her chapped lips with her tongue and eases her head upwards to look at the gentlemen easier. Flies dance on her sides but she does not bat them away and continues to stare with a sort of sadistic curiosity.

Lifting a front leg she steps forward but does not break her gaze. "Well aren't you a handsome fellow" she spits. Vesska's gaze shifts and her interest is disturbed by another stranger. A tall gold flecked stallion catches her bloody stare and she raises her head to meet his. 'Feisty', her ear twitches at the comment but she does not acknowledge it. Both strangers shared the same pool of crowned lineage that she emerged from. Though they are different they are the same under her gaze and her desire to play was overwhelming. She slaps her sides with her whip ridding the bugs that play on her hide.

"What are your names" her tongue slithers as she eyes the two males curiously. Though she doesn't care for their identities she feels they might be important later. "I am Vesska" she asserts and finally closes in on the first male that approached. Her eyes gloom over the bodice of the golden double horned male and she swallows the forming lump in her throat. Her crimson gaze moves to the other male and she purses her lips into a wide grin. 'Yes, take me back to your leaders so I can kill them.'

@[Thranduil] @[Somnus]

There was something not quite right here. The golden son looked ever so pleasantly at the new mare and joining stallion. It wasn’t the new stallion who caused these feelings. That gold and teal marked black one was of curiosity. His voice was slightly dark, and he words smooth yet playful. He wanted to play as well, to pull this new mare out and have a good look at her. Nares reach for him and find an air of sweet rain and forest leaves. From the Hidden Falls no doubt. The gold silently wondered if the stallion followed the maddened Seele, or the noble Midas. Either way, this creature did not cause the feeling in the twin horned not all was not well, that belonged to the black mistress.

Her words slip out of an angled head from a wild and wolfish grin. It was rough and dry. The golden’s earth eyes narrow towards her. Was this mare a mad woman? Or simply looking for a game as he was himself here a season ago. Was she a murderous assassin, or simply a little socially awkward and eager. What would that black reaper would think of him bringing in a madwoman or murder. A spark lights up in his eyes. That would liven the place up a bit. So it was with a smile almost the gold lets slip to her dry words. “To know you a little better.” Then she moves to speak again. Lips curl as she spits out what might have been sarcasm but the gold is such a pretty bird he takes the compliment well. Still, the words sound lovely, but her ways. The gold can not place them but they bring a rise of unease and a need to be on guard. The gold man while noting these things lets nothing betray him, nor does he allow them to change his task. If he was bringing something ill into the Basin, he was a rather good jumper, and could even do it from sinking ships.

She speaks again, but to both the stallions. Her words smoother but still on edge. The golden did not take to demands of his name well. It rose in him a resistance, as the pink winged one from the Steppe would remember as well. Still, these circumstances were different. All personal dislikes were put aside in times of acting and playing. “Thranduil, of the Aurora Basin, at your service.” The usual greeting had an addition, and the gold was even self-reminded of the load that bore. He’d much rather have left it off.

Vesska. A curious sounding name, but it gave no clue as to who she was, so his very first request was still unanswered. Still, the black mistress might volunteer some. She stepped forward to him and seems to look him over, but then volunteers nothing. Turning then, her wide wild grin to the gold and teal black from the Falls was certainly telling the golden more. Personally mad horses weren’t who he choose to hang around, but just because he recruited one does not mean their mates. Besides, as thought before, it wasn’t a terrible thought that he was causing his home troubles. So he speaks again towards her, low and smooth as the rest of them, “Welcome to Helovia, Vesska.” Perhaps the red-eyed mistress would show herself a little more. Even if he did not care who he brought in, his day dreaming in this sometimes slow land would become much more interesting with her in them.

"speech"

Stories of Mad-Horses
Tales of Betrayal
Come let the gold
Craft a few better
Days dreams for chaos

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Unregistered

'To know you a little better' her ears perk and she cranes her head back to an upright position. She licks her dry lips and purses them into a bored smile, "you do not want to know me" she replies. She watches the gold stallion with wide eyes but not out of curiosity. Her attention passes over the other stranger who seems to remain silent and she abandons her interest with him. 'Thranduil, of the Aurora Basin, at your service', Vesska tilts her head a little and narrows her orbs at the statement. "at my service?" she inquires curiously knowing the statement is not literal she decides to play with it anyway. "does that mean you'll do anything I say in return for joining your merry band?" she hisses. Half hoping he does not see through her lazy disguise she is almost ready to throw it away and find something else about him to pick at. If however it does work she eagerly awaits having her own personal bitch around to do whatever she pleases.

Vesska slaps her tail against her sides ridding of bugs and other things, though there aren't anymore around she continues to do it until the area looks slightly irritated. Her nostrils flare nervously and her gaze does not break away from the 'interesting' acquaintance. 'Welcome to Helovia, Vesska' So this place is called Helovia? She ceases the tail whipping and remains quiet for a few moments "What does Helovia mean?" she asks dryly. Quickly she looks over him again and notices that he is slightly taller than she. Their horns are almost the same, except hers stand taller and in her own mind, like a noble crown. Of course she knows that one day she will be recognized for her brilliance and sit upon the throne she's always deserved.

@[Thranduil] @[Somnus]
Sorry Paddeh, I'm going to have to skip you, feel free to come back in if you like.

Black ears lift before the red horns. Full attention square in on him. Lion like tail began to flick around his hocks. It was not he was scared, that feeling was long absent from the golden son. Still her first response gives truth to his questions of her sanity. Or at least her intentions. Lips curl in a smirk as he humors to look at her. No this girl was not exactly a ‘normal’ subject. It brought a tremble of nervous, excitement surging over the thoughts of any danger. Oh the trouble this girl would cause, for she would not be leading a quiet life in the valley, that was sure. If she refused to come? Well, not much of a loss, he could do it on his own just as well.

Her dark and curious voice slips into the air again. The gold takes curiosity to her query. It called attention to a line he’d used since birth. Mind wandered. No one had ever questioned that phrase. Yet she did. The golden does not restrain the smile which lifts his lips. Look at you so clever thinking on his level, but then she’d have to realize that’s not how it works. Still, if it brought him some entertainment and fun games, why not. The gold knew crazy was a big trap of quick sand, but as always he thought little of future troubles. “What did you have in mind?” If it suited his game, why not, and if it didn’t, well, no reason to let her know that wouldn’t be happening yet.

Her own black cat tail lashes viciously at her sides. Again for her she questions him. My, were all new comers this needy for answers. A sigh rolls in and out of his chest, but this if he wanted to gain some value, this was one way to do it. So let’s go please the crazy lady. Of course though, the golden wasn’t one just to tell a plain little story. “It means this is a land hold many things. It’s a land of war and peace, chaos, heros and villans.” The golden smile was toned down now, looking pleasantly at the black lass. “It stands for life, and death, for paradise and hell. “ Looking rather stoic he wraps it up. “Perhaps I can tempt you into letting me show you.” So come into the deep dark spiders den. Not many lately seemed to get his rather deeper moment. Perhaps someone a bit, off, like her would finally understand him.

"speech"

Perhaps she's crazy,
but then we all are maybe.