the Rift

[OPEN] Market Day {Glass Gifts}

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

The two-tone mare wanders amongst the tents, enjoying the sounds and sights of the constant festivities. The singing, the dancing, the hustle and bustle of trade and the low, excited murmur of voices…it all reminds her of market day back home. From time to time, she’ll hum along with the singing—not that she knows these tunes, of course, but how can she help but participate in such a happy occasion, even if it is only a clumsy attempt? For the moment, she is at peace, and for this lull in the recent storm of her emotions, she is grateful. However, her recent adventures have left her a little exhausted, and Nasreen finds herself hanging back for the time being, lingering inside the sandy commonground, but only just past the cool shadow cast by the Edge tent.

Feeling rather subdued, Nasreen begins to daydream. The dying light catches the glass spires that tower above the cloth tent beside her, and she smiles lazily at the myriad of miniature rainbows that they scatter around her hooves. She has seen it nearly every evening since returning, but it never grows old to her. Absentmindedly, she sets a hoof on a stray beam from the prism, chuckling to herself as her fetlocks are dipped in every color of the spectrum. Physics may elude the copper and ivory pegasus, but the joy that comes from the simple, everyday magic before her does not. “Thank you,” she whispers to no one in particular, or to the gods perhaps, as she ventures a little further into this accidental kaleidoscope. If only there was a way to keep these colors all day.

OOC: So this is a crafting thread open to anyone as Nasreen discovers her glassmaking magic! Tallsun is almost over, and she’s able to do 3 small items OR 2 medium items before the end of the season. If you’d like something, please post a reply below IC, with a note OOC detailing what your character would like. I’ll be drawing numbers before the end of Tallsun (July 31) to see which orders she’ll take! Everything made in this thread will be a gift with no payment required :D

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
He’s still got his trinket for the Earth God clenched in his straight white teeth as he comes upon the ring of tents, pausing for a moment to stare at them all in delight and wonder before stepping closer. The black one is decorated with many glass things, and as black and glass are both belonging to the Moon and her tender night, he angles his path that way – a whiff of the air in the vale announces the presence of a painted woman he had met during one of his lessons, his steps gaining confidence as he spies her figure there, resting or daydreaming (or were they the same thing) in the awnings of the strange cloth building.

He nickers from around the object in his mouth, trotting the final few feet to halt just outside the opening into the large pavilion to smile at the other crafter in the herd, remembering her name as soon as he sees her face. "Nazween," he says from around the glass beads of the chain of his pretty tree and river glass creation, chuckling in good humor at his mistake as he leans over and slips the loop of the thing over one of the posts of the tent, hearing its clink as it settled among the other glass things, "how are you today?"

The prismatic light from the sun striking the glass frames them both, and he notices the dancing lights with a twinge of pride streaking through him that his craft is so beautiful.

[ OOC: He’d like a magnifying lens that rests over one of his eyes and is supported with a simple glass band over his poll and between his ears to hold it in place. I can draw up a doodle if you need one. :3 ]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Breaking away from the pack, Sikeax had shot off from her herd in search of better grazing, a drink, and a nap. Love filled her heart when it came to her family, a small band that was growing in size with each day, but their affection was annoying at times. From a loud mouthed mare, annoyance clotted her as much as wet sand had done to her below, raising irritability with a charm that only the annoying could. A slow pace was her savior, ducking her head down to graze. Food rolled in her stomach, and as commerce came forth, she was trapped in their maze of trade.
Sounds of others rise up to the sky, bringing forth a headache. There is no burning heat, nothing to really catch her eye in the trade markets. Something glitters, sparkling as if to speak to her to come closer, and there is nothing to stop her.
What it is, is a dark tent decked out in glass pieces, glittering extensively. Pupils squeeze in, taking in the aray of colours, singling out each one as they dance about the ground. Two guard the tent, a male who stands, and a female who works the light show at hand. A whisper pops out of Sikeax's mouth, inaudible. They seem in conversation to one another, or at least she only hears the male speak.
Her approach is slow, watching the two unknown that smell of the others from the party she'd left earlier. One towers upon the earth, the other is winged and of the sky, perched to the ground. There seems to be a true abundance of Pegasi to her life.
Your light show is very beautiful; did you make these yourself?" It seems a dumb question, but it's a start.

OOC: Sikeax would like a glass koi fish, with black, and orange spots. The orange can be shaken from her coat from the desert sand and embedded to the glass, and the black can be done with various stones picked off the ground. A small loop hole at the base of the tail who be nice, to make it into a necklace.
Colour Ref
Body shape left

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

Things had begun to flourish recently, everyone had taken to the sky haven to enjoy what gifts were to be offered. Her legs alighted the ground again with a gentle thud, as she meandered about, looking through the reams of horses. Unicorns, Pegasus, and Equines alike were talking and gallivanting around, generally not killing each other. That was a first, especially with the unicorns up here.

The glass spires of the Worlds Edge were towering. On this fine day, they radiated rainbows. They provided a much more pleasant view than the stone pillars. Although they stood strong, they weren't exactly ascetically pleasing. So there she ventured, only to spot a duo among the tents and flying colors. Both were dual colored, but one a pegasus and one a unicorn.

Elsa offered a smile as she approached, looking at the two, and hoping she wasn't intruding. "Hello, hope i'm not intruding My name is Elsa, Mason of the Hidden Falls." Ironic how unknowingly there were three able bodied crafters about. She had never really approached another herd before, so this was a first. Hopefully, they'd be friendly and welcoming of her presence. She honestly meant no harm, unless they decided to attack her first.

So there she stood, awkwardly trying to make friends. There ya go Elsa, at least you're making an attempt. The only thing that could go wrong would be... well, kind of everything. It would be good to try to not think about that though, some things can turn out well right?

"Talketh."

[ooc:// if Elsa is eligible, she'd like glass snowflake beads for her mane and tail! <3 otherwise, she's here to make friends!]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei watched quietly from a short distance as Nasreen played in the colors glinting off of the glass. She found it to be a peaceful moment seemed to need to be approached with reverence.

She saw an equine that she hadn't met before making his way towards her similar colored friend. Soon after a skinny mare wandered up. Looking at her showing ribs Rei wanted to pull her under her wing and to shield her from whatever had led to her being in such a state.

The population of Helovia amazed her. Having came from a much smaller land the overwhelming vastness of Helovia oftentimes took her off guard. She made her way to join the forming group whenever an odd colored but intriguingly beautiful mare also approached.

Dipping her head in greeting Rei grinned brightly at Nasreen and feeling rude she turned to the stallion and the mares offering each a grin. Her eyes lingered on the thin honey colored mare compassion filling in Rei's chest for her. Not wanting to risk hurting the mare's feeling she pulled her gaze away and looked back to Nasreen.

"Have any new adventures lately, Nasreen?" She winked at the mare thinking of their earlier adventure with the strange piglet. Through such a unique experience, and in what she assumed were similar circumstances involving loss of family ties Rei felt bonded to the comely pegasus that stood before her in the array of colors that flocked around the pegasus. Rei was dazzled by them as the vibrant colors cast by the glass almost seemed to have life of their own as they skipped in small jolly circles on Nasreen's coat; greeting her like an old friend.

She walked around the glass spirals looking at them from every angle "They are lovely! It is crazy how such beauty can come from such a simple object as glass." Having heard stories of the World's Edge and how glass was an important resource to the heard the spotted pegasus stumbled over her words, not wishing to offend. "Not that glass is simple! It is truly fantastic, searching for the right word she paused momentarily, "stuff." Maybe it wasn't the most eloquent word choice but she had tried. Splaying her ears to the sides and looking towards the pair from under her lashes with a slight grin she it was obvious that she was someone who meant well even if they had fumbled slightly.

Once again Rei realized that she had forgotten herself and a light pink flushed her face, manners were of importance to the pegasus and in all this time she still hadn't introduced herself to the stallion or either of the mares yet. She had overheard the faintly blue mare name herself as Elsa.

"I am Rei!" She chirped the simple introduction, having brightened back up. "What are you all doing out here?" She looked around them taking in their surroundings, "It is pretty neat that every herd has their own tent." Glancing from side to side as if she was about to bestow them with an astounding piece of gossip she lowered her voice to a mock whisper, "Don't let anyone know but I am here visiting you guys before even stopping at the Dragon's Throat tent."

Her following laugh was one that could be found infectious by those who heard it as the light breeze carried it cradled in it's wispy arms. Rei felt so light finding herself among friends and those that she hoped to be friends to come.

OOC: Rei would like a glass feather (feather; yeah I know original) with a thin chain on it to make it so that she can have tied it into her forelock. I am unsure as to what colors she would want it. Maybe a pastel nearly clear yellow and a more vibrant red (think phoenix-like). That is if you can do colored glass. I have no idea how this works.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was a chance glimmer that drew Leeka's attention from her divergent wandering to an even more curious object in the distance. Against the dying light to her the object was like the opening of a maw made from a sort of skin she had no name for that would flutter in the wind just the same as a strand of hair, making it even stranger to her. Inside it harbored a clear structure that glinted with colors, much like a water's reflective surface though instead of a flowing form the figure was solid. The word for it was glass, Leeka recalled, the beautiful, mysterious and exclusive material that the Crafters of the Edge were famous for in Helovia. In Eoroleen, the substance would have be called lightnings tear and was so rare it was considered mythical, traveler's gossip, and yet was deeply admired whenever a shard could be found in a bed of sand. It was with this same material that the now ruined wall of the World's Edge was made from as well, a monument that, even defiled as it was, still marveled her daydreams. As such, Leeka had an admiration for the Crafters of the Edge and wished to know more about glass and the nature of crafting, as they called it. Magic was in her blood after all, only still slumbering, who was to say it was not in her power to manipulate the lightnings tear?

The Helovian Gods perhaps. At that Leeka gave an indignant snort, scoffing at the mere thought of anything hindering her awakening, especially from something she did not believe in. Kahlua had mentioned to her in there first meeting about the Gods granting natives their strange powers. Leeka may be a member of the World's Edge now but she was no convert to this...religion of Helovia. In Eoroleen, their was no worship or omniscient beings; there was just the world and the natural cycle, at least in her lifetime, but as everyday proved Helovia was a far away world governed by much different ways and otherworldly forces. It was much to get used to in so little time and day by day she was coming into its influence. This island was a perfect example. Celebrations were being made in the Moon God's honor this very evening by Queen Kahlua and it was from that party that she had wandered away from, not feeling quite comfortable enough to celebrate something she didn't understand and thankfully wasn't being forced upon her. Usually straying away from the band wouldn't be something she would do before, but Kahlua had stated this place was a sanctuary were all things were neutral. It was a place of the Gods, whatever that meant, and the freedom of choice was too tempting not to take advantage of.

Nearing the galley of raised skin-caves Leeka realized she wasn't the only one who had taken notice as a loose band assembled by the moon-marked one that held all of the glass creations. Surprised, Leeka slowed some distance away, choosing to take her time and listen as chatter exchanged between the crowd, learning a few here-and-there facts. Some of the gathered apparently knew one another and the title of Mason caused a perk to the young mare's ears. That could prove useful to know later on. As she entered what could be considered the involved bubble space a mischievous natured grin grew on Leeka's maw in reply to Rei's last statement. " And I was just considering the worth of tattle-tailing. Darn, guess I'll have to keep it a secret now, considering it's a complement that you wished to see the work of the Edge before your own." She meant it in good humor and let loose a lighthearted chuckle of her own to add to the air. " To be fair, I've never seen work like it before either, but now I can share in the wonder."

Leeka will want a semi-transparent glass necklace with mint tinted tassels, it'll probably be a medium item and it'll look like so -----> rough ref

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Ilios had been thinking about the island in the sky, wondering if there was anything else up there worth exploring. This time he asked Parelia if he could go there, to his amazement she said yes, but he had to take Penna with him. It was almost to simple, like she had some alternate motive for letting him go. 'How well, let her spy, it's not like I'm going to get in any trouble anyway.' He thought after agreeing to her conditions the golden colt rubbed his small muzzle against her warm cheek before turning and running off. He squealed happily as he extending his young winged body as far as it could go without breaking in two. Laughing in the joyous way only a foal could do as he ran bucking here and there. He loved to run, but he could not wait till his tiny silver and teal feathered wings would be large enough to carry him in flight.

After a while the young colt finally found the clouds floating slightly off the ground waiting for him. Unable to help himself the colt ran as fast as he could and launched off the ground clearing the cloud laughing with his charming playful voice. Trotting back to the cloud he smiled and stepped neatly onto the fluff ball. As the cloud rose he carefully looked over the edge enjoying the ground slowly shrinking. It was so cool to watch all of Helovia slowly coming into view. There were mountains, deserts, forests, and even a creepy looking wooded area. He would be very happy when one day he would be able to see every inch of this place.

Once he was finally at the top he stepped tentatively off the cloud and turned his silver eyes around the area. Picking a direction he trotted off looking at everything as if it was brand new to him. It was so different to be this eye up. Laughing he started to canter around again until voices caught his attention. There was an oddly colored thing that others seemed to be in. Slowing he walked towards the thing and entered. His smile grew as he gazed around at all the different wings, horns, and normal colored pelts. Being shy was not one of the young stud's mannerisms. His happy voice trilled, Hi everyone. I'm Ilios!" He walked forward a little standing next to the black and white spotted mare a smile of pure happiness on his face. The glass caught his attention as it threw rainbows all over the odd structure. It looked like the broken shinny wall around the Edge, but what was it called. Carefully he extened his small golden nose and sniffed at it. What is this? It's so pretty and shinny..." His voice trailed off slightly embarrassed for sounding like a filly. Penna flew above the tent after he had followed the foal from high within the sky.

"Speech" 'Thoughts'
Words: 473
OOC: Ilios wants a small shield with a golden wolf etched into it. He could bring her sand from the Throat to put where the wolf will be. It'll be a necklace <3
Knight in Golden Armor
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

“Nazween.” The sound of her name and friendly nicker pull her from her daydream, and Nasreen looks up to the familiar figure of her teacher. “Dragomir,” she responds with a gentle smile. She is happy to see a familiar face, and one that is not Kahlua’s at that. It is not that she doesn’t love her dearest friend; it is simply that she cannot bear the thought of letting her down. “It’s wonderful to see you again,” she answers in response to his query, delicately avoiding the subject of her wellbeing. For the time being, it’s easier to ignore the feelings of inadequacy that have surrounded her recent promotion, so that she does, instead turning a curious eye to the trinket that Dragomir carefully hangs on the nearest tent post. Before she can inquire about it, however, another mare approaches the pair. “Your light show is very beautiful; did you make these yourself?” the buckskin unicorn murmurs, joining the Edge folk. Nasreen tilts her head at Dragomir, wondering the same thing—were these glass spires his creation? “I cannot take the credit for that,” she replies, “but it is striking, isn’t it?”

To her surprise, yet another mare is drawing closer to the group. It seems as if the little spectrums have caught the eyes of more than one curious observer, the princess thinks, watching the pale mare walk up. She introduces herself as Elsa, a mason from the Hidden Falls. “Hello,” Nasreen returns politely, “I’m Nasreen. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Out of habit and Th’orquian etiquette, she bows her head to her fellow pegasus.

When she lifts her head again, she is surprised and delighted to see a friend standing before her. “Rei!” she cries, reaching out her muzzle in greeting. Her acquaintance with Rei may be recent, but Nasreen feels as if she has known the spotted pegasus for much longer than a week—after all, adventuring together has created the beginnings of what she hopes will be a strong bond. Her friend seems to be thinking along the same vein, for the first question out of her smiling mouth is an inquiry about adventure. “Not…quite,” she tells her quietly. The smile slips slightly from her face as she recalls her conversation with Kahlua. The thought occurs to her that perhaps Rei will understand her dilemma. Maybe when the others have wandered off, she can pour her heart out to someone she is not afraid of disappointing. For a moment, she is lost in thought, but thankfully, she is saved by her friend’s endearing chatter. Nasreen drifts out of her own world to find Rei introducing herself to the company, and she smiles at the mare’s easy nature.

Now that a rather sizeable group has gathered, it does not come as a shock when a final two creatures are added to their company. First comes a young Appaloosa mare, about Nasreen’s own age, followed by an even younger horned pegasus colt. The princess looks on with amiable interest, nodding in welcome as they walk amongst the lights and into the mass of horseflesh. The mare does not give a name, but the boy introduces himself as Ilios. The Th’orquian pegasus stifles a laugh as Ilios extends a tiny muzzle to the tent post, wondering aloud what it is. He reminds her of her younger brother, so curious and full of life. “It’s glass,” she answers merrily, nosing at it herself. “And apparently, it comes in all shapes and sizes,” she muses, soft words more for herself than for anyone else. “I wonder…is there anything that cannot be made with the stuff?”

OOC:

Congratulations to Sikeax, Rei, and Ilios! Here are the results of the roll:

list: http://images.helovia.net/index.php/view/53db303acf526
roll: http://oi59.tinypic.com/a0i9n7.jpg

So, since Rei’s item is the simplest of those drawn, she’ll do that one first! Then, going in order of most simple to most complex, she’ll do Sikeax’s and then Ilios’ items. If Rei can reply IC about what pretty things she imagines can be made of glass, the fun will begin shortly :)

"Where I am from glass is created by a legendary bird. Or that is how the story goes and she isn't just any ordinary bird. No. She is massive. It would take twenty of us lined up side to side to recreate her wing span. Her size isn't all that leads to her making her way into our stories. You see she is a Phoenix. Born from her own ashes to once again rise in flames. Not many have been lucky enough to witness a sight as awe worthy as the birth of a Phoenix, but those that have report that it is a fiery spectacle that leaves you to wonder if the entire world may burst into flames along with it.

This particular Phoenix adored the ocean. To her nothing compared to the sounds of the ocean whispering tales to the sand, or the taste of the salt upon her tongue. So it is only natural that it would be her chosen place to begin anew. The massive flames from her birth heated the sand under her creating glass. All of the different colors of glass were created by the different emotions that were contained in her passionate flames. There was a different color of glass for each emotion she had experienced in all of her lifetimes.

My favorites were always the color of pastel yellow which was said to be the emotion of love, and the deep red that is thought to be the color representing the great travels and adventures that the bird of flames had seen. Oh! Just imagine the stories that she could tell!"

With a dreamy gaze that came across her face every time that Rei told a story she came back to the present.

"My grandfather told me that story. After he did I used to obsessively walk the shore near home searching for a feather from the bird."

"It is said that those who are able to craft with glass are found to be worthy by the Phoenix from the story." She smiled brightly at everyone who had listened. Rei knew that those in Helovia had their own lore and Gods, but she enjoyed telling the tall tale. It kept her home that was so far away close in an even more special fashion than if she could simply walk back to it. "It truly is a valuable material, what have you made with it so far Nasreen? Eagerness pressed her ears forward, ready to hang on every word that was to come from her friend.

@[Nasreen]
x - x
Magic usage is okay.

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

As the rainbows spin around them, Rei’s voice rises and falls, entertaining the group with a story. Nasreen listens raptly to the tale, grey eyes softening dreamily at the mention of a creature she hasn’t heard of before: a phoenix. With delighted glee, she envisions the mythical beast as her friend describes it: enormous, fiery, beautiful… Beside her, the Edge tent flaps in the breeze, and she closes her eyes, imagining that it is the rustle of gigantic wings as they shrink and shrivel into themselves, shedding jewel-tone feathers before they are engulfed by flames. In her mind, the heat rises, shimmering in waves, then hovering over the sand. Oh, the stretch of glass that must glitter beneath the phoenix! She’d have to remember this one; for while the pegasus loves the Th’orquian legends that she grew up with, new stories fascinate her—who knew that other kingdoms could be so creative?

She lets her imagination run free while Rei speaks, savoring every detail and tucking each line carefully away for later. While she does not know with whom she can share the story (for even if they were on better terms, Quilly is much too old for this sort of thing), she cannot let such a beautiful tale go unrepeated. So, she follows along, envisioning everything to the best of her ability—not only for her own pleasure, but in the hopes that her mental illustrations will help her to remember for someone, someday. By the time Rei finishes the account, Nasreen is deep in concentration, brow furrowed as she attempts to get every last detail right. For the most part, she is satisfied, but her mind lingers on the final touch: the phoenix feather. She can’t get it quite right, until her eyes catch on the nearest rainbow. Drawing on the dancing colors for inspiration, the princess pictures a fallen tail feather, red at the tip like the spectrum’s far edge (but deeper, she thinks, more like a ruby she once saw at home) and pale yellow at the base, like the rainbow’s middle, the color of an aspen leaf in the fall.

Nasreen is so caught up in her fantasy that she doesn’t notice when the light in the rainbow she’s studying begins to bend and torque, folding over on itself and elongating until it is a plume of color. She possesses a vivid imagination, and she takes no special notice of the feather, believing it a mere figment of her mind as she finalizes the story. That is, until Rei’s question jerks her back to reality. Embarrassment surges warm and pink to her face, and she is about to respond that she is no crafter…when a gentle chime and a quiet plop! sound at her hooves. Distracted, she looks down. What she sees nearly makes her jump out of her skin.

There, lying in the soft sand before her, is the feather she imagined. It’s unmistakably the one she’s been picturing, for it is ruby red at the tip and pale yellow at the base, curved slightly at just the angle she carved from her mind, and the shaft holds a small loop at the end (for convenient accessorizing, a feature no real feather possesses). A stunned gasp flutters out of her throat, and she stares down at her inadvertent creation, unable to comprehend what just happened.

It seems like hours that she simply gazes stupidly at the feather, but in truth, it is only for a few moments. Soon enough she reaches down and touches the trinket lightly, as if assuring herself it is, in fact, real. It is cool to the touch, and it seems to be made of glass…a short, nearly hysterical laugh bubbles in her throat. She doesn’t understand.

“Here,” she finally mutters, nudging the feather towards Rei, “I don’t know how you did it, but it looks like this is yours.”

OOC: No posting order now, as long as @[Sikeax] goes before Ilios! If @[Dragomir] wants to chime in at any point and explain to Nasreen what just happened, that might be fun too c:

@[Rei], remember to post this in the updates board to be added to your character records!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
I can hear my train comin'
The chatty appaloosa that has arrived among the others and seems to know Nasreen fairly well continues in her verbal assault, the stallion tuning his ears towards her as it seems the newly promoted Seer is to begin her work that she had promised. Even though she has said a lot more than Dragomir would have ever considered, the story she tells now is one that is interesting – and he notes with a soft smile chasing his thoughts that Nasreen seems to be surrounded by these tales of wonder, even if this one is not her own.

The Moon has been given a good maiden to whisper to, he thinks quietly, even if her wings have left him further away from her than he might have been if it was one of his equine herd mates. Slowly, the Edge wears away his wariness of the other species, strips his mind of the falsehoods fed to him – but certain things linger, and he cannot deny that though he is growing used to seeing flying horses all around Helovia, it does not change that they are foreign and strange.

That his job, Glazier, was one blessed by whatever Gods that Rei had once lived among, took him as surprise. He had never considered the ability to create objects anything more than a useful hobby, and while he was not one to diminish the pride he felt while working his crafts, he had never viewed it as a sign of being beloved by a massive bird that burned into nothingness and was reborn from ash.

He’s still stuck standing there with a mystified expression on his face while Nasreen is swept away on the currents of her imagination, but slowly the glimmer of her magic at work draws his eyes down to her creation and he marvels at once again getting to be outside the dominating pull of will that it took to utilize the power. When the feather is finished and its brilliant hues glimmer out in the air, he takes in her shock with a smile and a gentle laugh; she had apparently been unaware of her new gifts!

His chuckle dies away as he opens his mouth to speak, offering his minimal experience to the confused but obviously pleased new crafter. "I’d figured the Moon might give her Seer powers," he muses, "I didn’t know it would be the glass magic." His nose lowers as he looks over the creation in the grass, gleaming cheerfully at their hooves.

Now I'm runnin' for my life
memorablemoose & larfsalot @deviantart
dinpattern.com
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

"You are giving to me?" Rei had watched in awe as Nasreen brought the glass feather into existance. Her gaze flickered from her friend's face to the glass feather. Every fiber of her being urged her to stretch her neck out to grab the feather before the other pegasus could change her mind while another part of her knew that she should probably allow Nasreen to keep the beautiful object.

She flung her neck over her friends in a tight hug, "It is the feather that I never found." Tears filled her voice and welled up in her eyes. "This is the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a long time." Warmth filled her tone as she pulled away from their embrace. Rei butted her muzzle against Nasreen's, "Thank you."

Quietly she reached out and gently lipped the feather up. I wonder how fragile it is? If I break this and Nasreen didn't kill me I believe I would throw myself off of the nearest cliff. Guess I wouldn't have to go far. Inwardly Rei chuckled, oh how she adored this land of the sky. The Caela Insula had brought nothing but happiness to her.

Light filtered through the abundant cherry blossoms casting a rosy hue over the island. Rei watched as one of the pink petals floated to the ground. From side to side it loftily floated; without a sound, not even as it hit the ground. As soon as it ended its descent the petal's role in the tree's life was done. There was no farewell that she could hear. Oh the glory in things that don't last; the happiness in moments that soon fade to past. Would it play out that way for her and her new-found friends?

Rei hadn't ever had true friends. In a land so driven by status those around her had either envied her status or looked down upon her. Many nights she had pressed her weary face into her mother's chest hiding from the unfairness of a filly facing the world friendless.

Shaking her head in an attempt to dislodge the bitterness that had formed Rei reminded herself that what she remembered from before was the past. In Helovia she had a future. In Helovia she had found hope.

"I really do love having you as a friend Nasreen!" Rei practically chirped the words. "I hope that we are able to remain as friends for many years to come." A more serious tone had entered her voice. She wanted Nasreen to hear nothing but the sincerity in the words .

"This on the end looks as if it could be used to tie the feather into my forelock, would you mind tying it in for me?" Her usual brightness had returned, the earlier morose thoughts forgotten.

x - x
Magic usage is okay.

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

In all of the confusion, steady Dragomir is the first to make any sense. With one of his quiet smiles, he explains that this unexpected talent is a gift from the moon. Could it be true? she wonders. The princess was raised to believe in a vast pantheon of gods and goddesses, and she has even been so blessed as to encounter one face to face. She does not doubt their existence nor their power. But she was also taught from a young age that an encounter with any deity was a rare and sacred occurrence that bore great responsibility. If what he’s saying is true… An overwhelming feeling of joy and terror floods Nasreen’s heart. To have been chosen by a goddess! “Why?” she asks aloud, not realizing that she has spoken until the question is already quivering and shimmering in the space between them. Why me? the girl repeats to herself, watching the spots of color twist and dance around her.

She does not have time to dwell on it for long, however, for Rei is barreling towards her in apparent enthusiasm over the gift. “It is the feather I never found,” the spotted pegasus proclaims, throwing her neck over Nasreen’s in an embrace that takes the princess by surprise. For a moment, she is stiff, but soon enough, she relaxes under her friend’s touch. With a touch of sadness, she realizes that it has been so long since she has been held by anyone like this that the gesture has grown nearly foreign. “This is the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a long time. Thank you,” Rei murmurs brokenly, and Nasreen’s own eyes shine in response. Touched by her new friend’s reaction, she is only too happy to oblige when the mare asks her to help tie the feather into her hair. “Can you kneel?” she inquires before gently grasping the feather. “I don’t want to drop it!”

OOC: Since Zuno’s posted a busy notice, if you’d like to go ahead @[Ilios], Nasreen can do the crest and chain next!

EDIT (9/8/14): Hey guys! I've been having trouble getting posts done, but I want to make sure that you get your items before I potentially go on absent when school starts next week. If you could @[Sikeax], would you chime in so that I can have Nasreen just craft two items in her next reply? Thank you for your flexibility and patience, both of you!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios watched quietly as they adults spoke together, before he was addressed himself. Turning from the pretty shinny things hanging around them he smiled softly at the pretty chestnut and white winged mare. Smiling shyly he turned to look at her realizing how close she really was. "Is this what is around the Worlds Edge?" He had seen something that looked like this, glass around the perimeter of his home, but he was not for sure if that's what it really was or not. Smiling softly he turned to look at the horses around him. "My mother has some cool glass on her wing joints, but I never knew what it was. I wish I had something made of glass..." Sighing softly he smiled again, unable to hold a bad mood for long.

He turned to the spotted mare in awe as she spoke her story. He was so wrapped up in her tale that the golden colt didn't even know what was happening on the ground before him. Once her story was done his attention was brought around by Narseen and the pretty feather she now held out to Rei. How had this feather come into reality? His small voice piped up again as he stepped boldly towards the two mares. "Do you think you could make something else? I didn't get to see how you made that, I was so caught up in Miss Rei's story." He wasn't sure if he was being to bold or not but he didn't care at this point.

Ilios smiled as he watched the mares curiously. "You know, my mother always calls father and I knights in shinning armor. I'm the gold knight and he is the silver knight." Unsure of why he was saying that, he couldn't help it. Ilios became shy around large, and older groups, which made him do one of two things: button up or babel like crazy. "I've also always like to hear stories about wolves, they are so cool. Even though they can hurt us, they are brave and powerful..." His voice drifted off as he become so nervous it was hard to speak.
"Talking" ’Thinking’
Words: 308 @[Nasreen]
OOC: Sorry it took so long!
Ilios
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

She listens, quiet with her lips sewed together to not come off as rude dare she interrupt their stories. Each story or tale is drunk slowly, basking in the sweet taste of their unique style. She thinks of the red flowers in her mane and thinks of Rei's story, how maybe it'd be nice of her to offer it as a gift but doesn't because there is still some sort of annoyance about the loud antics of the spotted mare, and the resemblance of someone she doesn't want to remember that keep her silent and unspoken. The colt reminds her of when she was small, how it seemed so recent when she was almost at the edge to move away.
The colt is quiet, and she blinks momentarily. Is it her turn to share a story? Should she even ask for such lovely gifts, in case it be seen as greedy? Within, she's greedy, and though she doesn't want to ask, has already found something to ask for.
"There's a fish, one I used to admire as a foal that Adrixaura-"my mother"-used to talk about that came from where she used to live. It was shaped like a teardrop, except more narrow and fanned out at the thinnest end. They were blue with gold and black, or white with red and black spots. She always talked about them because her mother adored them when she was little. They're called Koi, if I remember correctly."
She sighs, heaving forth with her chest and nostrils flaring, dipping her head in. She refuses to ask for it, remaining to herself after her explanation.

OOC: LOOK WHO POSTED? YAAAY. xD
Anyway, not the best, but huge thanks to Shady for this and to everyone else involved for their patientance with me.

@[Nasreen]

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

When the young hybrid speaks up, Nasreen cannot help but smile. It is bittersweet to look upon him, for he reminds her of the younger brother lost to her only a mere year ago. Eirik was like him, she thinks, with a fondness reserved specially for the only sibling younger than herself. Perhaps the two colts don’t look the same, but in deed and in curious spirit, the resemblance to the youngest prince of Th’orqui arouses a feeling of sisterly affection for the young stranger, and she answers accordingly.

“Yes,” the maiden replies, focusing grey eyes on silver, “The wall around the Edge is glass—Queen Kahlua made it, with Lady Moon’s help. The goddess is great indeed,” she finishes, still not quite able to believe this turn of events. But at the colt’s request, Nasreen’s bright smile fades slightly. He may be curious, but she herself does not know how this strange new power works. Her stomach turns anxiously. Still, she cannot turn down those pleading young eyes…and truthfully, she too wants to see if she can do it again.

So, taking a deep breath, the princess closes her eyes and tries to summon whatever she was feeling as Rei told her story. It takes a few moments and more than a few shaky breaths, but slowly, she feels a spark of something. It’s different this time—the feather was created without conscious thought or direction, but this…this crest she must think into existence herself. The tingle begins deep in her belly, but the more she concentrates, the more the feeling grows. It swells, growing into a wave, then the wave grows into something more. She cannot quite describe or comprehend it, but it is a most peculiar and ecstatic feeling of a power that she cannot quite control. Yet strangely, she finds that she has no desire to control it; she is merely happy to ride the wave and glory in the grace of her Lady. And in this manner, Ilios’ crest comes into being, complete with a delicate glass chain she adds on a whim—he’s got to wear it somehow, right? Nasreen can see the crest clearly in her mind, but it is still with a surprised sort of delight that she gasps when she opens her eyes and the very real version is lying in the grass before her. “Here,” she giggles, nudging it towards the boy. “Is this what you had in mind?”

It is with this sort of euphoric high that she takes in the unicorn mare’s request. With Sikeax’s direction, the task is even easier, and in no time, a delicate koi fish is lying in the grass beside the crest. “Take it,” she urges the mare, smiling broadly, “Consider it a gift.”

OOC: @[Ilios] and @[Sikeax], your gifts are finally done! So many apologies for such an atrocious wait ;_;

@[Official], I should have specified, but this was set on the island (for SWP point purposes). It's not a big deal, since now it can be archived again, but I just wanted to clarify!