the Rift

[OPEN] salutations.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
ooc:; this is shilva's burial thread. @[Africa] @[Rasta] I wouldn't mind if some of the World's Edge horses jumped on this. I would prefer if the conversations stayed off the topic of Aurelia's past foolishness. I want this to be completely about Shilva! :3

There is an unmistakable sadness in the air today as I head to the World's Edge. My wings are shut tightly so Shilva will not fall out of the grips of my left wing. Her limp corpse lifeless and still. It felt different to carry her when she was well and moving. Now, she feels heavier than normal. This is something I notice right away. The cold that her body releases sends shivers down my spine. Shilva is really dead.

I approach the borders of the World's Edge. The glass shards clearly ahead as I reluctantly continue on. One of my small ears slips backwards and the other stays erect as I slither to a halt before crossing the glass border. I remember Kahlua, Alysanne, Ruske, and I talking here. I believe my life was 12 times simpler then. Part of me wishes I could go back to that day and do everything correctly. I remember Aly showing us her new companion. Shilva was far less lovable then the bird Aly called her companion. Despite that, I loved Shilva. I remember speaking to Ampere in the caves about companions. And I understand her now. I wish to speak to her, but I have yet to see the blue and black mare in passing. I wish to join her cause. I wish to fight bonds.

I timidly look into the woods. Should I go in? Kahlua and Kaj gave me permission to be here, to bury my friend, but does that mean that I can cross the borders? "They gave me permission to be here." I whisper softly, my words barely audible. I tip-toe around glass shards, knowing all to well that if I step on one it would hurt like crazy. Now I am home in the World's Edge. The scents are all too familiar and all too overpowering. I close my eyes for a second and continue on-wards, towards Shilva's favorite place-- the meadow and the cliff.

I know if I go to the meadows, I will be spotted, but today I do not care. There won't be any hiding today. In a way, I secretly hope Destrier will show up. I could really use a shoulder or an ear right now.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

It was a long trek, and she was tired. She had pushed herself too much in these past weeks and she didn't really know exactly what was going on anymore. She stayed quiet, keeping perfect rhythm with Africa and staying a bit behind the golden mare. there were no words that could slip from her maw today. No, she followed, carefully placing her steps so that she did not fall. She would not break the silence of mourning that filled the air.

She sighed a little, keeping her flesh almost pressed up against Africa in the process. The meadows relatively even, steps raising a little higher, more of a snapping motion than prior. She had yet to be here, and so the uncertain terrain was awkward for the poor mare. But she tried, oh she tried. She would be there for the companion - to give a burial to her hawk in memory as they actually buried the other mare's snake. She supposed it would work, that it would help, so she continued to move forward until they arrived at the cliffs.

A gentle voice slid from her mouth, finally allowing any of the mourning silence to be broken in the process. "Are we where you would like her to rest?" she inquires, tilting her cranium ever so slightly to the left before she stopped where she felt comfortable (aka far, far away from the cliff edge). Meanwhile, she also wonders who else might show up to this - uncertain of whether or not she was actually meant to be in these lands or not, but assuming that it would be okay due to the way this mare had stated everything.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

@[Africa]

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
She followed slowly, hooves scuffing to a lazy rhythm, trailing the path of the widow and close beside her blind, golden friend, not overly thrilled at the prospect of entering the territory of another herd. She found little faith Aurelia’s word; her assurance that they were indeed allowed to do this, to trespass. The one-winged had been so reckless in her venture on one occasion before, and it had very nearly cost her life...

Glazed, preoccupied eyes sank from the gentle feminine sway of the leading Pegasus’ small hips to the shards of glass scattered through the grass. They parted quickly, surprised, and leapt to find the tall wall once surrounding the land of mist and trees, absent. Lips twitched with curious uncertainty, but neither of the mares ahead seemed to share her confusion- she wondered if either had been to World’s Edge before now. It occurred to her, vaguely, that Aurelia must have graced these parts at one point or another, because this was her preferred location to bury her bonded. She presumed gullibly, that that meant the youngest held favourable relations with the herd who now dwelt here.

She could never have imagined the real truth of the matter, and though maybe it would not have surprised her terribly, it would send her blood cold.

The gold-flaked mare whispered something incomprehensible before starting forward again. Africa carried on obliviously as they passed by the thick musk lining the boundary, lost in the tangle of her thoughts. Silas rested snug against the groove of her naked back, she had asked him to stay close; this business unsettled her, forced her to realise her dependency upon the bond they shared, and he obliged delicately.

Rasta spoke at last. The dappled mare had not realised how sombre the silence had grown until even the soft brush of her flaxen haired friend’s voice shattered it. Long charcoal-tinged ears lifted from their bed of fire to listen, and her vacant gaze focused finally. She wondered quietly as she gazed around them, if perhaps Nasreen or Resplendence might find them, and smiled faintly for the sake of those warm hearts she had not seen for so long.
salsolastock | uplifting-stock | two-ladies-stocks
foxyfirewings & larfsalot @deviantart
subtlepatterns.com

@[Aurelia]