the Rift

[PRIVATE] Never Let Me Go

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

"It reminds me of home," came the deep uttered voice of my being, bister eyes gazing up at the strong, stone structure that stood tall, reaching valiantly towards the crystal sky. It looked untouched by time, and idly I wondered just how long it had really been here. Suli and I had made many trips through this side of the land, but never before had I found this treasure nestled amongst all the thick, overgrown foliage.

From above me, Suli had taken to clinging on to one of the four ridged pillars, her neck craned as she looked with wonder at her back, which shone with a brilliant display of colors due to the glass roof settled over the structure. The emerald was enthralled by the way her scales seemed to dazzle and shift with every color under the sun, shifting with the slightest movement of her lithe body.

A somewhat sad, bittersweet look crossed my expression as dark lips pulled back in a gentle smile. A beautiful place this was, indeed... One that harshly reminded me of home, of Vallhea, where Bran would try his luck wooing the young ladies with pretty gifts and tales of his heroism. More often than not, my boy would end up with a face of red and a look of pure embarrassment; he had always been a bashful one, but I was thankful he had at least had some luck with Riveth before...

I shook my head. The years had been onerous since his death in battle, and though he was in my mind often, I had never spoke of his memory since that day. The pain was too great, no matter how badly I did wish to tell others of my boy, of his bravery and of his courage, or even his prosaic attempts to impress his peers with me...

The memory caused a soft, sad chuckle to escape my throat, though it was quick to fade. With his death, I had lost a piece of myself, and never would that void in my soul be filled again.

"I miss you so, my friend."

"words"
x - x

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

I had wandered away from the shattered borders of my mist enveloped home once again, and it hadn't taken long for my yellow painted hooves to find the pale pillars that held up the beautifully stained structure. After my first visit here, where I met the paranoid mare and the once general of the Foothills, I had managed to find my way here a few more times to just enjoy the sounds of the birds and the wind whispering through the silken banners that were hung carefully between the pillars.
A gentle sigh escaped from between rosy kissers as I stood in the middle of the Rotunda, allowing the flickering light to cause a kaleidoscope of colors to flash against my already many hued pelt. This was one of the few places that I found myself able to relax without thoughts from the past coming forwards and ruining all of the peace of mind I had managed to pull together. I wasn't sure what it was about the Rotunda that seemed to bring me peace, but I wasn't going to complain that was for sure. A light smile tugged at the corners of my rosy kissers as ivory lids slid forwards over orchid pools, and my body succumbed to the sleep that I usually deprived it of in fear of the terrors that visited me in that vulnerable state.
And sleep I did. It was a wonderful sleep, the dreamless kind in which the world around you dissapears into a blanket of darkness that holds you in a close embrace. To the outside world I was sure it would seem as if I was a statue built as a device of protection from any evil that could befall the beautiful building. But my rest wouldn't last forever as I had hoped, the deep vocals of a stallion who called forth some kind of familiarity pulled me from the world void of anything and back into the chaotic world I found myself residing in.
Chestnut harks swirled about as I attempted to regain full consciousness before making my presence known to the stallion. Ivory lashes slapped against high cheek bones a couple times before I turned in the direction of the one who had disturbed my slumber. My blonde tail smacked against my ankles as hoof steps echoed off of the stone floor, giving away my presence clearly before he would even see me unless he was closer to the building than I had expected.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 414
Notes;; <3 <3

x - x - x

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Suli was the first to notice her, and with a jolt the dragoness opened her jaws and gave a startled growl towards the one who stood below the magnificently colored roof. My mind was pulled into hers, any and all thoughts of Vallhea and my boy vanishing at once, and through the bond I was seeing through her eyes, looking into the rotunda where Suli was perched, spying a painted, bald faced beauty.

The colorful paint she bore around her eyes, over her nose, upon her hooves and so many other places, was a dead giveaway as to who she was. Currently her name escaped me, but I knew she was of the Edge, as I had seen her in the caves and within my home on numerous occasions. Moving closer to the rotunda, I kept my head ducked low as I brushed past the drapes lining the beautifully wrought structure. My posture remained relaxed, for although I was certain she was aware of my presence by now, I hardly knew her, and the last thing I wanted was to be mistaken as an enemy.

She stood shorter than myself, and though lean the lady was nestled within a warrior's body, strong, surely agile -- one should think twice before messing with her. Above us, Suli continued to glower and the spines that lined her back were bristled in warning, and through the bond I could hear her warnings and protests of remaining here, but I assured her there was nothing to fear here, or so I assumed.

"Miss," I greeted with a dip of my head, long, crimped tresses reaching to my knees at the action before it rose once more so that my gaze could level with that of her own rosy gaze. "Pardon our intrusion, I wasn't aware we were amongst others. I am Destrier," I said in introduction, and as I did so, Suli flipped around from where she was perched and descended before coming to rest upon my neck, craning her own to peer out at our company.

"And the green is Suli." A deep chuckle accompanied the words, and I cast a smile to the painted lady. "If I'm not mistake, you are from the Edge, yes?"

"words"
x - x

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

The green reptile noticed my presence before the black beast did, a growl of surprise slipped from the flying creature's jaws before it moved closer to it's bonded. A small grin tugged at the corners of my rosy kissers, one day I would have a creature bonded to me mentally as the stallion and his wonderfully jeweled creature. It seemed the stallion was snapped out of some kind of daze by the dragon's vocal-ness and suddenly I could feel his light brown eyes boring into my bald features. For some reason the stallion seemed vaguly familiar, something about him caused alarms to go off in the back of my mind that I should know who the handsome beast was, but the name of the beauty and the beast failed me while standing there stained by the array of different colors.
For a brief moment I pulled my orchid pools away from the handsome stallion and looked up to where his companion was circling us, the spines along it's back up like a feline who had been pissed off. It seemed as if the meeting between the three of us was starting off on the wrong foot, and for a second I thought about nodded in greeting before turning and walking out of the Rotunda and heading back towards the shattered wall of the Edge. But before I was able to look back to the stallion and exit as gracefully as possible, the deep tones of the stallion's voice broke through the sound of the dragon's growling and hissing. "Miss, pardon our intrusion, I wasn't aware we were amongst others. I am Destrier," His words drew my attention away from the sky and back to the ground on which we stood, a soft smile tugged the corners of my kissers back and up as I ran his name through the files of my memory. He had to be a member of the Edge as I could remember the Sunshower mentioning something about him at one of the meetings, but I couldn't remember what the context was.
At least he seemed too polite to be a criminal like Aurelia.
My white washed skull dipped in greeting to the stallion, Destrier, as the jeweled dragon came down from the sky and perched on the stallion's strong nape in order to get a better look at me, the intruder. "And the green is Suli. If I'm not mistake, you are from the Edge, yes?" I chuckled softly and took a step closer to the stallion, allowing more of my frame to be touched by the sun's rays rather than by the kaleidoscope of colors that the stained glass offered. "You are not intruding, I should have made my presence more noticeable." My skull bobbed up and down once before I focused on the green dragon once more, an apologetic look crossing my features as I spoke. "I apologize for startling you dear Suli." Finally content that I had at least attempted to mend the nerves of the stunning creature I turned back to the handsome dark stallion who stood a bit taller than myself, his frame scarred in ways that told stories of the many battles he surely saw himself in. "I am a Protector of the Edge yes, my name is Cheveyo." I smiled once more to the pair as I wondered what it was that had given me away as a member of the Edge, or was the black just more observant that I and had seen me wandering about the shattered glass wall at all hours of the day.

"more words."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 598
OOC;;

break my bones to heal your pain
larfsalot @deviantart | subtlepatterns.com

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!