the Rift

Why am I so alone...

Neptune Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The lanky colt walked carefully through the forest, his light hooves barely making a sound on the leaf litter. Sunlight glinted through the overhead trees casting fragmented shadows. He lifted his head scenting the air, but could sense no other creatures around in the area, or that had been around recently. He had been wandering alone for such a long while that the days had seemed to all blend together forming one big jumbled memory. The last of his kind that he had spoken to was the mare who had saved his life just a few days after his birth. And then she disappeared after three months. And he had been alone ever since. Not that he minded it that much. He sort of enjoyed being o[/align]n his own and not having to watch out or constantly worry about a companion. Not that he had much experience. Just two days after his birth, he had been savagely chased away by the lead stallion of his birth herd, Kaname, when he found out that he wasn't his blood son. Then, weak and starving he had wandered off until he was too weak to move and found refuge in a cave. Then a old mare, Gretta, who had just lost her own foal, took pity on him and saved his life; let him drink her milk, and protected him. He had even started to see her as a mother when one day she disappeared. Ever since then, he had been content to wandering on his own. Until a few weeks ago...He had gotten an urge to talk to someone; to have a companion, or even a herd of his own. Admittedly he did get lonesome at times. It could be boring, walking around with only the thoughts in your own mind to talk to. He hoped that most equine herds were more friendly than his birth herd. He wondered what land this was, if there were any other equines here. And how he would act if he met another one. He had absolutely no idea how to behave or be social with other equines.

A snapping branch brought him back to reality. Startled, he jumped back, expecting a predator. But it was only a bird. Snorting with amusement he kept moving forward through the tall trees. He had barely spoken to anyone during his whole life, except for the rare one he would pass by on his travels with a mere, "hello". He took a deep breath. The air smelled clean and fresh. This was so far one of the nicest places he had passed. He wondered who controlled it. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he suddenly broke into a frisky trot, letting out his excess energy. He trotted a few paces, and then started a slow gallop. His long legs easily ate up the ground, and the trees whizzed by him. He lost track of time, just focusing on his steady pace. He would worry about his troubles later.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
Where there is no vision, the is no hope.

The flaxen girl weaves her way around the thick tree trunks in hopes of what? She hopes to recruit for her herd and find a new friend in the process. With a scholarly expression drawn across her feminine features, she continues on-wards, hoping to prove to her herd that she can be of help. She listens to her surroundings carefully, one ear erect and the other slightly tipped backwards. Stepping onto a a path with many twists and turns, the babe begins walking. She has recently been in the Threshold, the memory still fresh. She walks for a moment before a glimpse of a fast-moving horse buzzes past her.

Instinctively, her ears pin backwards, but upon realization that this horse could be scared for their life, she allows her furry ears to erect themselves. She whirls around, facing the direction of the horse that has clearly missed her presence. She lunges forward and begins galloping. Though her legs might be shorter than the average horse, she is still mighty fast and with a determination unmatched, she chases the horse. Sweat begins to dampen her coat, making the bright color dull, and even at this fast pace-- the flies somehow land on her. She swats her tail ferociously, but it does not do much. The wind due to her gallop twists it's way into her mane and tail, making it look wild and bestial. She whinnies out to the galloping stranger. "Hey! Wait up," she remarks through deep breaths. Will the stranger stop and talk to her?

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Light hearted Rei shook her head and chuckled at the sight of the silky haired chestnut filly chasing after the bay colt. They made quite a pair.

Transitioning from her ambling walk to an upbeat trot she followed after the mare and colt.

"Hey! Wait up!"

The bell like tone of a mare rang out, it certainly wasn't a hard trail to follow.

In her typical fashion Rei had been overtaken by her overly sensitive tendencies after her last attempt at bringing a newcomer home to the Dragon's Throat. She didn't remember where the strange mare had gone to and hoped to meet her again in order to check in on how she was doing. Now that her ego had healed from her last rejection Rei had decided to focus less on recruiting and more on befriending those that she came across. It was impossible to lose out when making friends and if any of them decided to follow her home to Dragon's Throat that would make things even better.

"Have you caught up to him yet?" Coming to a fork in the paths through the forest Rei called out to the mare ahead of her unsure of which path they had taken.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Neptune Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The wind whistles in the colt's ears, and his long mane is whipping in the wind behind him. He can feel the muscles stretching and warming up in his legs. With every stride he takes, he feels is taking him farther and farther from his troubled past, for some reason. His bay neck has broken into a light sweat. His long legs easily cover the ground and he feels as if he could gallop on and on infinitely. He notices an odd shape or something out of the corner of his eye. Suddenly a feminine voice calls out, "Hey! Wait up." Her voice almost gets lost in the howling wind in his ears, but nonetheless he screeches to an awkward halt. Leaves fly everywhere and his hooves have left fairly large imprints in the ground. Heart hammering against his chest, he spins around to face whoever called out.

He starts with surprise as he notices the golden colored mare. He backs up a bit, noticing that he is a bit ahead of her. Suddenly embarrassed at his less than graceful stop, he blinks and looks nervously at the ground. This mare holds her head high, and he can already see a confident gleam in her eyes. He senses that she is something important. He bows his head respectfully at her and says softy, "hello. It's nice to meet you. My name is Neptune. Are you just passing through like me?"He pauses awkwardly, wondering if he should say anything else, and wonders if she is a lonely outcast like himself.

Suddenly another voice rings , "have you caught up to him yet?" Neptune startles and stares through the trees trying to find the newcomer. How many more must there be around here?, he thinks to himself. He goes to say something when he gasps in surprise. The newcomer is a spotted mare, and she has wings! He tries to refrain himself from staring through the trees at her. He has never seen other species of equines before. He looks quickly back at the golden mare, and wonders if she has seen winged horses before.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
Where there is no vision, the is no hope.

After she lets her melodic voice ring out into the air, the boy responds by screeching to a halt and whirling around like a skilled cowpony. She tries to slide to a halt, but he is already moving towards her. She believes her body cannot physically stop quick enough to avoid crashing into him. Quickly, she closes her eyes and braces for impact, but impact never comes. She opens one eye, revealing one warm caramel eye with a big black pupil. She sees the embarrassed look glinting across his features, As the realization that he is perfectly fine, and she looks foolish bracing for an impact never to come, she blushes and straightens herself out. "Sorry, I thought I was going to run into you," she giggles in a non-nonchalant way, trying (and failing) to brush her own embarrassment away. Offering the boy a sheepish grin, their conversation pleasantly continues.

He kindly introduces himself as Dröm straightens herself. She feels the butterflies in her gut flutter around. She is nervous around the boy. Today, she tries her first attempt at recruiting, though the boy can probably tell she is a newbie at this recruiting stuff. "Hello Neptune! I am Dröm, a Hidden Falls member." She smiles politely before continuing. "The Hidden Falls being a herd I live in. I am not passing through today. I've come to see if any newcomers are in need of shade, water, or help in general, for I can offer those things. However, the trees here provide nice shade." She glances upwards at the canopy of green overhead. She looks back at the young boy, but is startled to here another voice. She skittishly jumps towards Neptune. She feels safer closer to another horse. The power of the two of them would be stronger than just her power. Just look at how big he is for such a young horse! Adoration crosses her features as she realizes just how big he is. Already, the boy is taller than her and seems to shows signs that his growth is not over.

Dröm peers in the same direction of Neptune and spots the face that belongs to the voice. She is a pretty mare, with a dual-colored set of wings and body. "I have indeed caught up to him! He is dubbed Neptune, friend!" The word friend merely replaces her name, for her name is unknown to the flaxen girl. "Won't you join us?" She exclaims in her sweet sing-song voice. Dröm might be an epitome of sweetness.

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

"I have indeed caught up to him! He is dubbed Neptune, friend!" The friendly greeting was a siren call that had Rei tripping over herself in her eagerness to meet the pair. Already the mare was calling her friend. It did occur to Rei that it wasn't an endearment towards herself personally, the mare was simply a friendly soul who most likely chose to call strangers friends. But it was still an open door for Rei, and goodness knows she was going to prance her winged self right into it. ""Won't you join us?"

"Here I am!" Coming around the bend Rei spotted the two equines. As she called out announcing her presence her voice fed off of the sweet mare's own friendliness, leaving Rei's own dripping with even more than her usual dose of chirpiness. "I am Rei of Dragon's Throat." The freckled pegasus' chest puffed out and her head was held a little higher as she announced her home. She didn't do it intentionally, after all she wouldn't want anyone to think that she considered members of one herd better than another, it was just that her spotted seams were about ready to burst with pride leaving her body with having to make room for it all. "Hey there Neptune, and Dröm!" She hoped that she had heard the mares name correctly, there had still been some distance between them whenever the chestnut introduced herself and the breeze rustling through the trees overhead had muffled her voice.

Her brown eyes glimmered and a sly smile spread across her face as she took in Neptune and the mare's proximity towards each other. Rei was a romantic and she grinned at the opportunity to play a bit of a matchmaker.

"You guys aren't, erm, together are you?" She asked the question coyly, why not slip the idea into their heads? Patiently she glanced between the two ready to gauge their reactions at the idea.

"I am obligated to say so, and I do mean every single word whenever I say that Dragon's Throat is a wonderful place filled with great herd members. But I have also heard countless tales of the Hidden Falls being a grand place to live filled with lovely beauties like this one here. " Rei winked at the mare.

She hoped that the pair took her suggestions good naturedly. Rei hadn't stopped to consider that either one of them may have a mate, or the awkwardness that was sure to follow if either or both had strong disinterest.

I don't expect them to get together on the spot, but I would love to see them leave for the Hidden Falls together. I certainly owe Dragon's Throat a recruit after this. Rei fell silent lost in her thoughts of how cute they would be together.

Eh. I hope you guys don't mind Rei's reaction. I originally had a different post planned out. -Shrugs- Ever have those posts that your characters completely hijack? I can change it if either of you guys want me to.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.