the Rift

It's enchanting to meet you.. [Open, Joining :D]

Melissa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The cold wind chilled her body and she shivered. Why did autumn have to take over the summer's hot sun? She wanted warmth, not cold...
Her big wings were folded tight on her sides, trying to make herself warmer. And the mare's long mane lingered carefully around her legs without making it hard to walk, and her tail almost touched the ground.
It didn't happen very often that she walked instead of flying, but the wind was too cold for her.

As she moved forward on her thin pillars, she looked around with the different-colored eyes. It was probably the most eye-catching thing about her. She giggled a bit.
'Such a bad pun..' the mare thought, and smiled. Her left eye was strongly green, resembling to the green grass that grew on the fields when the summer was at it's best.
And her right eye was as blue as the clearest sky, almost as crystallized blue. The green was a trait from her father Taladinn, and the blue from her mother Stella.
The only thing more different than the fact that her eyes weren't the same color - was that she had no visible pupils.

Her pupils was invisible, but she could still see perfectly fine. Except for one little problem on her blue eye which made her see everything a little blurry on that eye. It wasn't a big problem, but it annoyed her sometimes.
She continued to walk in the big forest, with the tall trees rising towards the sun. The sound of hooves against dirt and grass calmed her down, and filled her with a homesick feeling.
The mare missed her home, but she knew that she couldn't return. Her home was gone, dead... All that was left was just a mess of dead trees and corpses.
Small tears appeared in her eyes, and the memories of her lost home filled her with sadness. Why?

'Why did it happen? Why did the valley get flooded?' Her eyes were filled with tears now, running down her cheek and fell to the ground.
She missed her parents and her little, little sister..
'I wish that they got to have the time to escape.. I don't deserve to live.' She stopped and stomped her grey hoof hard on the ground.
If only the flood hadn't drowned her family.. Her sister had only been 6 months old, filled with joy and play. Then the flood came and...

A painful neigh echoed in the forest as she yelled out her sadness and her wings were now spread. They reached at least 4 meters from tip to tip and were white with dark spots on the inside with beautiful, black feathers.
She was angry. Mad with herself for not helping them escape, if only she could've warned them. She sighed, lowered her head and folded her wings just to continue to walk. If only...
The mare could've saved the whole herd, if only that friggin' stallion hadn't distracted her with his old pick up-lines.
But she hadn't, and now she had to live with that fact stuck in her head...

Word count: 518

((OOC: Sad Melissa is sad :'c))

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
How can we win? When fools can be Kings
Hector unfurled his giant, brown feathery wings and launched into the air. It was a pleasurable journey from the Throat to the Threshold and the brute had found himself with ample time. He so wanted to go out and explore the land but his battered shy nature was keeping him roaming around the Throat. Scared of what others there may be in the land. Of all that he had met so far, Hector shouldn't act this way, still. This was a force of habit, pounded into him for 3 meagre years of his whole idiotic existence, and something that would take a while for orange topped tribrid to crack. However, the one place Hector had been before was the Threshold and it didn't take him too long to wrestle with his own fear to go back there. At least he'd been there before. Well, that's what Hector kept telling himself.

The trees below him became denser and the familiar smells of the Threshold wafted up his nostrils, along with a stranger smell. A newcomer. He hovered in the air a moment wondering whether to go greet the stranger, nerves creeping into his already timid state. In taking a large amount of air, Hector angled his wings slightly and lowered himself carefully through the trees. Touching the ground he noted that the stranger was a mare, a bay pegasus mare with wings not much unlike his own. That was where the similarities ended however.

Orangemoon was beginning to take its toll on the leaves; orange, yellow and the odd green. They fell from humble branches as he set his equine hooves on the the earths surface, doing flips in the air before landing in random places upon his broad back. Vibrant orange eyes looked rather shyly at the femme before him with hints of wonder in them. What would she think of him? A stallion of all three species, would she think him... Strange? Hector swallowed and bravely opened his maw for his low, commanding vocals "... Hullo miss err. Well I'm Hector, of the Dragons Throat herd. Its a plea-" He stopped abruptly as he noticed her sadness for the first time. It seemed so intense. Tilting his head to one side in concern, Hector took a step forward unconsciously with eyes riddled with sympathy. "What's the matter?"

He blurted it out before thinking it through, the need to make the femme happy once more overriding his sense of judgment. Recoiling, Hector's face changed into embarrassment, eyes roving to the ground.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude on anything personal. You don't have to tell me." He winced at the hurried tones in his voice, making him turn his head in even more embarrassment.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Unregistered

The sound of wings made her looks up a bit, but her fringe had settled itself in front of her eyes so that the stranger couldn't see them.
A bit shocked by the sight, she raised her head to a normal level and slung her head so that her fringe would uncover her different eyes. The hybrid in front of her was a mix of everything.
Pegasus, unicorn, equine... All in one.
She listened to him with curious ears;
"... Hullo miss err. Well I'm Hector, of the Dragons Throat herd. Its a plea-"
He had stopped, and looked at her with a tilted head. Suddenly she noticed that her cheeks had dark stripes from her tears.
'He must've seen my tears..' she thought, but didn't quite pay attention to her thoughts.

The mare watched him as he walked closer, and he seemed worried about her. A little smile appeared on her lips, mostly to just say that she was kind of okay for now.
"I was just thinking about my past," she said, and looked down. 'I wonder what he thinks of my eyes.. He must think I'm strange. Or he'll think I'm blind or something...' the mare thought, and sighed. Then she continued;
"I'm kind of okay for now, maybe I can tell you some other time. My name is Melissa, by the way - but you can call me Mel."
The Pegasus smiled a bit more, and looked at him. He had a unique appearance, at least for her. She have never seen such a hybrid before.

Mel cleared her throat a bit, and tried to catch his eyes.
"Where did you come from again, Hector?", she asked and took a step closer to him, hoping that he wouldn't back away from her.

Word count: 297

((OOC: Shoooorty posty, but I have to go to bed :3 Nighty <'3))

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Hector watched the older femme with interest and slight shyness as she turned dual coloured eyes to look at him. His face wavered into one of sympathy as she spoke the reason for her sadness, her past. Something Hector could sympathize with, the past could be a hard thing to live with sometimes. He wondered for a moment what kind of past she had lived, was it like his? Shunned by everyone bar one. Or something else? The lovely Melissa then went on to ask where he had come from, apparently missing parts of the beginning of the brute's stammering introduction, Hector obliged with a sunny smile and replied as she walked a little closer.

"Mel. It's a pleasure to meet you..." He proffered his head, orange spiky mane curving round as he did so, lion tail flicking happily. Hector moved his cranium to then turn back to where he came, moving orange oculars to look back at her.

"I'm from the Dragons Throat. A herd land that is made up mostly of the winged pegasus race, but accepts others with an open mind too... If you're looking for a home?"

Hector kept his expression friendly and wondered if the mare would return with him. She would be the first he had recruited. Looking her over once more he noted she wasn't really that much taller than Kri. Are all pegasus mares this small? He wondered idly, not that it mattered. Their wings more than made up for it. Hector envied the smaller horses in a way, they were not a giant like he was. Not laughed at for being different. But this land hadn't been like that so far, this land was different. As was this mare. Hector kept his orange eyes on her mismatched ones, watching for any movement.

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Unregistered

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well," the mare said and watched the stallion as he turned his head the way he came from. Dragon's Throat... Sounded interesting.
She smiled, and walked closer to the hybrid. He was handsome, actually, in his own way.
Suddenly, she wondered where he came from. Somehow she felt like he wasn't born in these lands. Maybe he had been forced from his home as well, maybe not by a flood but.. Something else.
The mare had to ask him some other time about his past.

Mel stretched her wings a bit, since it hurt to have them folded all the time. As she observed the stallion, she noticed that he was a lot bigger than her. He was huge. Compared to him, she looked like a filly.
Well, a big filly then.

The Pegasus watched him, and listened to his last words.
"...If you're looking for a home?"
She searched for eye contact with her strange eyes, that seemed to be seeing nothing since her pupils didn't show, and then lowered her head a bit.
"In fact I do...", she whispered and raised her head again. He was offering her a home. Small tears of joy appeared in her eyes, and she nodded.
"I would love to follow you to the Dragon's Throat. Since I can't return to my own home..." The last words were murmured, and barely audible.
Melissa was in a deep need for shelter, and this Dragon's Throat-stallion offered her a home - just like that. The mare walked closer to him, and smiled. This was a new beginning in her new life.

Word count: 273

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Hector's vision remained on the mahogany mare as he listened to her reply, orange oculars brightening a touch when she confirmed she would follow him home. Home? The brute gave a short snort at himself noting it hadn't taken him long to already consider the place better than his original land. Well.. Anything was better than that place. Laughing happily, Hector obliged to the femme's needs and turned back in the direction he came from. Although quite a bit smaller than he, Hector never really did pay attention to others heights. Since he towered over most he came by. Her pupil lacking eyes certainly were an intrigue and the tribrid wondered how such an occurrence would come to pass. He made no comment on it though, who was he to question the appearance of others? An alien like him.

"Are you coming, Mel?" Flicking his leonine tail, sending the vibrant strands of hair dancing, the odd stallion flexed his wings and prepared for take off. Hector may have every species in his blood however, he much preferred flight over walking. Muscles rippled and powered away as he flew up into the air of Orangemoon, shaking his head in the joy. Feathers embraced the stronger wind as he swerved and ducked, up here he needn't worry about his enormous size hampering him. There was lots of room to play.

Anchoring himself, Hector looked back to where the mare had been wondering if she had followed him.

ooc; I can make a thread in the Throat if you like? See if any of the herd comes to meet her.

Unregistered

The dual colored eyes looked into his orange ones with a warm tone, and a smile appeared on her dark lips. She watched him as he turned around, probably the way towards the Throat, and followed him.
Finally, she was going to have a home, a place that she could go to and feel safe. If only her family had been with her too...
The mare spread her huge wings, and prepared just like Hector to take off in flight. She felt the cold wind caress the long feathers that covered her wings, and once again thought of her family.

All of them had loved to fly, even Liseanne. Her little sister had begun her lessons when she only was 2 months old. Mel did have a wonderful time learning her to fly, just like Stella and Taladinn. And now she would never see any of them again... The Arabian fought against the tears that wanted to fill her eyes, and she looked at the Pegasus next to her.

"Yes, Hector," she spoke before she took off into the air. Melissa laughed, and flied after the unique stallion.
'Home, here I come.'

Word count: 192
OOC: Yesh :3 Sorry for being late, and sorry for a terrible post.

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.