the Rift

good time to shine || Ciceron

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
Trapped in a dark tunnel, only a glimpse of bright hope to guide us home.

She roamed around her home, wondering what to do, but her mind slipped to only one thing; sparring. Was she ready to take on the challenge of a spar? Will her opponent treat her nice or attack her with a strong passion for murder only the insane can have? Dröm worries about sparring. She fears that the prowess of her sparring partner will be much greater than hers, yet she understands the necessity of the brutish act of battle. She wonders how to go about starting a spar. Does she yell out in the open and hope someone attacks her? The unskilled mare simply stands there, looking around with an undeniably confused expression.

One of her ears slides backwards as she attempts to listen to her surroundings. She hears distance hoof-beats, but they are drowned out by the raging waterfalls and pools next to her. She glances upwards, attempting to see if she can spot a pegasus, but alas, she sees nothing through the thick green canopy above her. With a sigh, she gazes ahead of her once more. She assumes there is only one thing left to do. "Will anyone train with me?" Her voice is subtle, but it's sing-song words should still be heard by anyone close by, that is, if the waterfalls do not drown out the noise. She hopes someone will come soon. She needs to learn how to fight now, so in the future she can better defend her home.

Frantically, she begins pacing back and forth, the moist ground letting her hooves sink a few centimeters. Her heart begins banging around inside her chest as adrenaline is pumped through her veins. With drawn-out and shaky breaths, she begins planning fighting tactics in her mind. Like a child playing with two toy horses, she imagines ways she could attack. She understands that it is a good idea to find the weaknesses in an opponent as quickly as possible, and strengths right after that. Will her opponent have no weaknesses? What if a god comes to spar with her? What will she do then? The flax babe suddenly wishes she had not asked for a spar so publicly. Now she has to attack a random stranger that may have no intent on sparring.

"blah blah blah."
OOC: @[Ciceron] sorry for taking so long to get this up! I was waiting for stats and such! :3 Stat Rolling: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=15216
Attacks: 0/5 Attacks + 1 Closing Defense.
Setting: Set near the waterfalls and pools under the canopy in the Hidden Falls. It is cool at around 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit. The ground is moist, presumably from rain, yet the skies are now clear. The sun will set soon, making everything darker. There are nearby trees, but plenty of room for a spar. The nearest pool is shallow, only reaching 5ft in depth. There are a few pebbles on the ground here and there, but no rocks larger than a closed fist. If you have any questions, please tell me! This is the first time I've written a spar description.
Summary: Asks for a spar then paces.

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Having recovered from all of his previous injuries the large grey stallion was feeling good for the first time in months. Life was beginning to look up now if only things would continue like this all would be great. Spending most of the day just lazing around in between his border checks both him and his feline companion were well rested and ready for whatever was thrown at them next. Parelia and his son were safe in their new home but it was still disheartening that they refused to come home with him. What was so unsafe about the Fall's? A picture of the man eating moss flashed before him chipped in by Kiara as she chuffed softly in amusement. Rolling his eyes he shook his head with a soft chuckle escaping his chords. I wasn't exactly meaning that but I guess the point is valid enough thanks for reminding me. He commented sarcastically yet in good humor. Kiara was becoming a pro at coming up with random comebacks to many of the thoughts he voiced aloud. While she was still unable to speak through their bond she figured out how to project images and feelings so that he could begin to understand what she was wanting to say. Their bond was stronger than ever and only growing stronger by the day. It was hard to imagine life without her here with him now.

A female's voice sounded from within the fading light drawing the attention of the warrior and tigress to go investigate. The dappled stag moved as quietly as his size would allow through the foliage while Kiara slunk along silently off to his left deeper into the thicker plants and bushes. Emerging upon a clearing his silver orbs caught the chestnut fae standing there looking around for whoever chose to answer her call. A flicker of recognition dawned upon him as he studied her features carefully looking for any hidden talents that she may possess. This was the mare from the moss attack if he remembered correctly. Odd.. she really didn't seem like much of a warrior type to him. Then again he had met others that had been the furthest from warrior type and they had been pretty damn good at it. He would hold his thoughts for now until he had the basis to back his opinion.

Kiara, stay hidden for a little bit. I think that this spar could use a little surprise thrown in along the way to see how she might react. Stepping forward confidently he dipped his crown to the girl in greeting as he stopped a couple meters from where she stood. Letting the tension slip from his frame with ease he mentally and physically prepared himself for the chestnut's first move. " I will train with you should you wish but don't expect me to go easy on you. That is how you learn. You can make the first move. Ready when you are miss." He replied calmly setting his shoulders and drawing himself to his full height as he positioned his head so that his horn was directed towards the girl. The last couple spars he had completed had not been his best performances so it was about time that he proved to himself that he was able to prevail.

Intro: 1/1
Attack: 0/5
Closing: 0/0

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

••WORDS: 552 •• TAGS: @[Dröm] •• NOTES: Sorry for the delay <3 If your alright with it I will make use of Kiara as well.••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
Trapped in a dark tunnel, only a glimpse of bright hope to guide us home.

A stallion approaches the girl. The first thing she notices is the dagger growing from his forehead. She is no fighter, but she still has enough experience to know that a horn can do plenty of damage. Especially one like his. Long, spiraled, sharp. He could easily stab her lung and let the oxygen seep from her body until she is cold and dead. His voice is not cold, but her body still goes rigid. She was nervous, worried she would mess up and loose the spar that was to happen now. This spar was not unexpected. The girl had asked for it. She hoped the darkness of night that began to darken the sky would hide her, only leave subtle light to see. She would be able to hide, attack under the cloak of the stars. She scoffs at herself, only the weak horses wait until twilight. This would happen now.

The stallion is marginally taller than her, but she stares him straight in the eye, her fear well-hidden from her features. With one ear cocked she parts her velvet lips to speak to the slab of muscle. "I am no trained fighter, would you do me the favor of telling me what I am doing wrong throughout the spar? I'd like to learn." She smiles softly, arching her neck and standing up tall. She hopes to learn much from this spar. Though she may not use what she learns anytime soon, it's good to know incase her fighting ability is needed. If an invasion were to happen, she would want to defend, not be an observer. She attempts to step towards him, her movements slow and graceful. Seductive, even. Though smart, her fighting strategy is strange. Would it work? Upon hoping she is close enough to the stag, she spins around, her ass (hopefully) near his slate face. This could go two ways. One, they make a family, which she is not into doing right now. Or two,... Well, you'll see what two is quite soon.

With dark skin twitching under gold fur, she lifts her hind end and hopes to kick out at him. That is two, seduce then attack. Would it work? Would he fall for her tricks? Her kick is powerful, was it enough? Surely a kick like that could break bone if it hit at the right spot. She had been aiming to kick the bridge of his nose, or his muzzle. These spots are sensitive (at least, they are sensitive spots on the girl's body), so she hopes if she can kick him, there will be great pain coursing his body. She had tried to kick the lower part of his head so she could avoid his horn. Would it work or will she still get stabbed?

She feels her pulse speed up as her hind hooves land on the soft grass once again. With outstanding quickness, she goes from halt to gallop as she strides away from him to begin cantering a clockwise circle around the stag. She is hopefully about ten feet away from him, cantering a circle, within a few seconds. Her eyes never leave his frame. How will he counter her attack?

"blah blah blah."
OOC: @[Ciceron]
Attacks: 1/5 Attacks + 1 Closing Defense.
Setting: Hidden Falls
Summary: Listens to Ciceron before spinning around and bucking, attempting to hit his chin. She gallops clockwise around him.

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

The iron man’s curiosity grows as he watches the brown mare carefully for ideas of what she might do. Would she make her attack obvious or would she have a few tricks up her sleeve? Hopefully there would be a couple of surprises to make things interesting or so he would hope. While he was not the best at giving advice on how to improve fighting skills the least he could do was try to give a few pointers here and there. A subtle nod is all that he gives the fae in response to her question. There is no need to waste words when the focus could be turned towards observation. He would much like this to turn towards him not getting his arse kicked by a woman….again. The last time was more than enough for awhile besides he was supposed to have earned this title as praetor what use was he if he lost every match? He had nothing to lose but his pride this time around unlike the last match where he had not cared if he was left breathing or not.

As the young girl makes her way towards him he finds his eyes grazing over her thin frame more than he intended and more than he would have liked. Her posture, her grace, her hooves… wait her hooves? Snapping his mind back from where the grasps of lust and desire lurked buried under layers of self control he twists around and narrowly manages to avoid the brunt of the mare’s first attack. Well that would teach him to remember what he was doing instead of letting stupid masculine features sway his focus. Dammit focus you moron! he thinks to himself with embarrassment. Silent snickering joins the chorus of voices within his head as Kiara makes her amusement painfully obvious. You are supposed to be on my side remember!? He comments sarcastically in retort. Females… there was no living with them and no living without them. They were just a big old pain in his butt sometimes but he loved them regardless. How about we spice things up a little bit shall we?

“First off you may want to not make your attacks so blatantly obvious.” He finally says aloud as his maw turns up in a smirk. A twinge of discomfort alerts him to the cut upon his upper lip as it curves to meet the requests of the action. It cannot be too big from what he could feel but it was enough to be uncomfortable. Shaking it off his eyes quickly follow the mare’s erratic pace as she circles him like a vulture circles potential prey seemingly unaware of what lurks in the foliage. As she continues to circle a flash of movement catches his attention from the opposite side of the fae as his agile companion makes her move. It is his hope that Kiara can distract her when she is least expecting it so he can make his strike. Leaping from the brush with claws and teeth bared Kiara attempts to take down or at least grab a hold of the fae as she does her prey. Precise timing and the ability to speak silently with his partner will hopefully give them the advantage this time around.

Throwing himself into a half rear the grey launches himself towards the mare in the hopes that his larger size and weight will do some damage to her inside shoulder. Hopefully if he makes impact it will be seconds after Kiara’s attack (if it is successful) so he does not accidently barrel the mare over onto her. Keeping his head tucked to his chest he thinks that perhaps his horn might do some damage as well if all goes according to plan. Each step he takes is a gamble for if he should ever do anything that would hurt his bonded he would hate himself for eternity. She is strong and knows what she is doing. Thinking the phrase over and over in his mind he prays that letting Kiara join in on the spar was not a big mistake.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

••WORDS: 686 •• TAGS: @[ Dröm] •• NOTES: Again very sorry for the wait ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Default to Ciceron, +0.5VP.