the Rift

[PRIVATE] Leatherbound

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere

With my visit to my home there is no doubt that my resolve and confidence has been restored and bolstered. Whereas before I felt shame and disappointment, worthlessness and no motivation to continue, now I am sure that I may be able to prove my worthiness to the Earth God, and to Midas. A school girl's crush, or a daughter's admiration, whatever you call it - I find myself full of a loyalty to the winged paint that fills me with purpose that I may not even gain from having a quest from a God. But then, that's family for you. I can only hope that Earth would forgive me a virtuous quality like that. But what do I know of the intentions or desires of a God? Having taken Midas's words to heart and his suggestions and recommendations, I am now in search of another who may further me in my crafting quest. Knowing Elsa, and knowing Sohalia, I thought it may be wise to find someone that I've never met before. The name that Midas gave me is one I'm unfamiliar with, and I have no idea how I made find him. And yet, I have a hopefulness that propels me forward and lets the seed of anticipated success grow in my mind.

Wandering through the Deep Forest, I realize that is may be my go-to place to search for anyone. After all, those without a distinct home seemed to often be found in the forest. Quiet as a mouse - I usually am - my flints delicately find their place on the forest floor, snapping not even the smallest twig. I hear a strange sound to my left, one that I've never heard before and cannot place. I stop walking and turn my crown, staring into the trees that are not too thick to trek through. The sun shines down through the canopy, easing the potential strain on my eyes. In a small space clear of the tall trees that surround stands a strange looking beast. Strange, only in that I've never seen a color or build quite like this. His unusual look, however, is rather handsome, and I find myself curious. Curiosity only increases when I find he is doing something strange, and... seems to be... crafting? Is it possible I've found the one that Midas told me of? Even if it isn't him... this stallion could be the answer.

I approach cautiously, and in a soft, easy tone, I announce myself. I have no wish to startle this buckskin brute. "Sir..? I don't mean to interrupt, but - are you Finn?" I can only hope that my guess may be correct. I can't tell what sort of crafting he is doing or what he's making. I have no idea what Finn looks like - but what's the harm of an honest guess?

Walk. Talk.
@[Finn]
Permission from Dingo to say Finn is crafting.
What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"I'm sorry, so, so sorry," I murmur in a hushed voice, as though the half eaten doe could hear me even in death, and who really knew -- what if her soul could? I hadn't killed the poor creature, nor was I responsible for the poor condition of her corpse, and though it was nature simply running its course... I would never not feel some sort of remorse for taking advantage of their misfortune.

Then again, my craft would ensure that they were not completely forgotten, that a piece of them would live on and remain in what I created. I cherished every little thing, every smooth strip of leather, every trinket and treasure crafted to my will... all of it.

Before me, a small bag was slowly beginning to take form, one that I would meld into the thick leather I wore around my neck. With it, I would be able to carry small amounts of pretty rock, feathers, or anything else that happened to catch my eye on my travels. The operation of it was fairly simple, opening up with a tug of my teeth and closing with another tug on the drawstring I had fashioned around the opening. I was proud of my work, but before I could step back and admire the soft pouch and finish it all, a voice sounded, and I was promptly sent to my rear in a tangled mess of flailing limbs.

I didn't have to be on the outside looking in to know I looked a fool, and if I were capable, I know my face would have been red from embarrassment as my eyes sought the grey form of a tall, horned mare. No malice came from her, and quickly I accepted that she must be friend rather than foe -- and easy thing for me to do -- and though I was embarrassed and wanted to bury my head in sand, I pushed myself back up to my feet and gave a good shake to rid myself of any dust or grime that had collected on my hide.

"Y-Yes," I stammered, my embarrassment even more prominent than the surprise that this stranger knew my name, and it was only as I looked up into the giant's golden eyes that anything but mortification crossed my face. Now, I looked confused, and curious. "I... I am Finn, miss. But... Who are you? Can I help you?"

"talk"

[ooc - Sorry for the wait, love!]
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Adoptable
Cashmere

I think that I see him creating some sort of pouch, and I can't help but admire his handiwork and the usefulness of such a pouch. I think to say something, but at my questioning of his identity, I see that I've surprised him. He stumbles and falls to the ground in surprise, and my eyes widen as I am surprised by his response. I take a step back, nostrils flaring with surprise and uneasiness at this strange and dramatic response from the buckskin stallion. He rises to his feet and I stare awkwardly, nervous that maybe he'll be angry at me for disturbing him or for surprising him.

To my great relief, he is nothing but polite. Though clearly he's still in a bit of shock, and he stammers his words, he is ready to converse with me. He confirms my hopeful suspicions that he is Finn, the crafter that Midas mentioned to me. I smile openly and thankfully at him, and am happy to introduce myself to him. I am Cashmere, a Mason for the Falls. I bob my head to him courteously. The next words are harder for me to say, to ask a favor of someone that I have just now met. But, I don't want to waste his time, and I'd better speak up before he decides to leave. I am looking for a crafter to tell me about.. well.. his craft. The Earth God has told me to learn about what a crafter feels and thinks when he crafts. Is it spiritual? Does it make you feel powerful, wise, important? How has it changed your life? I hope that he is not overwhelmed by all of the information and all the questions that I just threw at him. I know I would be overwhelmed... but Finn is not me, and maybe, just maybe, he can really help me.

Walk. Talk.

@[Finn]
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My clear embarrassment was quick to wane when I spied that smile slip across the grey's face. Rather than laugh or turn and walk away, she simply introduced herself, and I was thankful I could leave the thought of my embarrassing act behind me.

She states she's from the Falls, a place I've never seen, but even in my short time here in Helovia, I'd already met so many from there. Midas, then Kiara and Adelric, and now, Cashmere, a mason like myself. Chocolate hued eyes grew wide and bright at the aspect of meeting another crafter like myself, but before I could inquire as to what her craft was, she continues and I find myself tiltling my head to one side.

"The Earth God?" I repeated rhetorically, having zero knowledge of the being she spoke of. I knew of my earth goddess, the good Jörð, but I was certain it wasn't she whom Cashmere spoke of. My lips pursed as I mulled over her questions, hardly caring that we had only met a literal minute ago. She seemed kind enough, and it would be oh so rude to deny her an answer to such a simple, yet so complex, question.

"Well," I began with an all too serious, focused expression written across my face as I pondered my answer. "I think only of the poor soul I must first find in order to craft at all," I explained, my gaze shifting down to the deceased doe and heaving a sorrowful exhale at the sight of her, "I wonder how they went, hope that it was painless and they were not gripped with fear... But when I do craft, it it is with the intent to make something beautiful, to preserve the life of the one whom I take material from." The words sounded strange on my tongue as I spoke them; it all sounded so much better and made much more sense in my head than it did out loud.

The horned mare had asked how crafting made me feel, what kind of emotions were invoked as I worked. Now, that was a question; how did it make me feel? "... Helpful, useful," I decided after a moment, my gaze finally shifting upwards to look once more upon Cashmere, "Over the years, I've made many a useful things for myself and for my Kingdom. It's become a part of me, and I can't imagine it being ripped away from me, miss. The thought it a terrible one."

Now, my look was far more inquisitive as I kept my head tilted back to look at the tall, dappled mare. My voice lacked anything but curiosity when I finally spoke again. "Why is it Jör--" No, Finn, this isn't Ossic Briar. "Err... the Earth God, asked you of this?"

"talk"

F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Adoptable
Cashmere

I watch the buckskin as he thinks about my question, and stay silent myself. My brown eyes take in his stocky form and his curious, intelligent eyes. It pleases me that he is so easy to talk to and willing to answer my questions. Questions from a perfect stranger. Soon enough he parts his lips to speak, and my dark grey tipped ears perk forward to catch every word. As he mentions a "poor soul", my gaze wanders over to the carcass that lies abandoned on the ground. I'm sure that Finn has not killed it himself - he seems to have too much remorse and his lips show no sign of blood. It soothes me that he is not some heartless killer. Still, it is sad that he must take from another creature to make new. But my gaze immediately returns to his face with the following words:

"But when I do craft, it is with the intent to make something beautiful, to preserve the life of the one whom I take material from."

That above all else pierces my heart, because it echoes exactly how I feel. I want to make something wonderful, to make up for the destruction that is inevitably wrought. Of course, I don't leave death in my wake as I used to, for whatever reason. I think that it may be related to the Voice, since she has been gone for so long now. But I can't really be sure. The way Finn speaks it is almost like he doesn't think I will understand what he means - but I absolutely do. I wonder if he can see it on my face as I nod in agreement. It sounds so peaceful.

But now he asks me what brings me to him. I seek the gift of crafting water to glass from the Earth God, and he has sent me on a quest. The goals I have just explained to you through my questions. I smile softly, calmly, but exuberance is in my eyes. I'm so happy to find someone that feels the way I do. I clear my throat, realizing there is a question that I have yet to answer. I craft stone for those in the Hidden Falls, but though I enjoy crafting, it is not the means that I am truly drawn to. It's one of the most honest things I've said in a long time, and I realize as I say it that it's something I've been holding in, afraid to admit to myself let alone anyone else. I don't want to appear ungrateful for my position, or unappreciative of the opportunity and gifts that have already been granted to me.

WC: 448
Tag: @[Finn]

Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread