the Rift

[OPEN] Shot In The Dark

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

RHEA
“I am, in the end, exactly what you made me.”

She supposed they were imperfections, those marks, but they didn't feel that way to her; they were a history, cut into her body: the map of a life of endless war.
"

What was one to do when everything you once knew was stripped away to leave you deprived of everything that was supposed to have been yours? What if you had to sit and watch it all be flaunted before your eyes but know nothing will ever be yours? Each morsel of your heritage handed down to one you see as deceitful, vile and incapable would the fact that it is your blood brother change how you felt? All that the situation created was many harbored feelings of anger, rage and betrayal towards each and every person in the family. All of them could perish for all she cared, she was beyond done.

Pulling her wings tightly against her sleek athletic frame the painted fae let gravity take its toll as she plummeted headfirst towards the ground at breakneck speed. Closing her eyes for a moment she let herself go imagining this as her last waking moment before the untimely crushing forces of the earth end her existence. Would anyone notice the crater she would make in the earth's surface? Hardly, not that she cared what everyone else would think. Counting the seconds silently she hummed softly to herself without a care in the world despite the rapidly approaching ground. Another couple seconds elapsed before the black fae reopened her eyes with a sigh. Pulling her head up as she had many times before she pulled her massive wings from her sides to beat them twice to slow her fall meters before the ground. Nope she had no plans to let her ex family get the best of her, this was her life now.

Bending her knees slightly to absorb the impact her hooves hit the ground with a thump as she landed just as planned. Stroking the air with her wings to stretch her muscles from the strenuous descent she enjoyed the slight burn she felt in her shoulders. Her journey had been a long one but she would never look back, this was her new start and she would be damned if anything from her past reappeared. Folding her appendages neatly at her sides once more she turned to look around at this new place. Standing at the edge of a clearing she found trees bordering every side of her with the only light being the filtered rays of the sun through the canopy. A little odd, but it would do for now. Where was she anyway?

TAGS: Open to anyone

eirianstock@deviantart
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

Life was still, and evermore, the same.

It was a monotonous lifestyle that was begging to be let out of its cage. Honestly, the only real thing that had made her think was the attack on her face, and the honest to god hurtful (but truthful) comments from her dead mother.

Actually, if she thought about it, her life was quite spicy. Maybe just a little boring for the crazed, and usually stressed out mare. So today, she wandered among the towering trees in the Threshold. So many things had changed it seemed, the last time she was here... well she couldn't even remember when the last time was. Orangemoon had settled in now, the brisk but warm winds comforting her body like a mothers embrace. Some darkened and dead leaves were blown from hibernating deciduous trees and dancing in the wind.

She lifted her nose to smell the fresh air, only to have the scent of another whipped into her nostrils. It was no doubt mare, and an unrecognizable scent. Hopefully, she was a new one, and maybe, Elsa could manage to bring her home. Fraub had left, which means she had to bring more family in to fill the void.

She followed the scent, only to be greeted by a rather beautiful mare. She had a beautiful horn, and a perfect body and set of wings to go with it. Elsa smiled, and dipped her head as she approached, hoping her healing eye wound would not cause an unneeded scare. "Hello miss, i'm Elsa. Looking for a home here in Helovia?" There Elsa, you seemed at least a little normal.

words 9001 | tags @[Rhea]| ooc love her design ;=;

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

"Approach with confidence, smile, talk--but don't talk too much." Rei prattled out a list of tips she had made for herself for recruiting in the Threshold. "And for heaven's sake at least try to read their facial expression." The last one was made with the thought of the stallion she had met who had given her that piece of advice. She wondered what he had thought of her at the end of their meeting. Did he think of me as a fool? She wondered somewhat glumly. First impressions meant a lot to the pegasus and it was hard for her to accept the fact that everyone that she met may not think well of her. Which is what brought her back to the Threshold. It was the land of opportunity whenever it came to first impressions. I can keep on meeting newcomers here until I befriend one! Prancing through the forest a sly smile grew upon her face.

Her venture into the Threshold was a bit frustrating today. Everyone who had wandered in was already preparing to head off for their new homes with another Helovian. It warmed her heart to see so many happily going to their new homes but she wished to be a part of the excitement also.

Her breath had caught in her throat as she glimpsed a unicorn speaking to a tigress. The big-cat would certainly be someone to meet! But hearing how quickly the unicorn's voice could go from sickeningly sweet to hair raisingly menacing Rei had moved onward.

Persistence eventually paid off, excitedly she watched the form of a winged unicorn approach and land near where she stood. Unipeg? Pegihorn? Peguni? She wondered what title the mare claimed.

"Hello there! I am Rei. And this land is Helovia. You will come to adore it. It is a land that offers so much opportunity to those who enter its borders." She smiled warm enough at the mare that the smile itself had the possibility of breaking the ice between the pair.

"Have you came from far? If you would like you could rest here while I keep you company, and if you enjoy it enough I could guide you to Dragon's Throat. It is my home." Her pink lips opened to say more but she remembered one of her own tips. Don't talk too much. Stay cool. Mentally she chided herself. "I can do my best to answer any questions that you may have. I know whenever I first came I was full of questions. I still am." She laughed gently and nibbled at the sweet grass at her feet. A new season was upon Helovia and she wanted to satisfy her sweet tooth on the last of the remaining delicious blades of Tallsun grass. Plus she didn't run as high of a risk of running her mouth if she was busy chewing.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
we all have our fatal flaws.

Today, something whispered to Dröm, calling her to this forest. That something made her gravitate here. Has she grown fond of the Threshold? The thought of helping wandering souls find their way back home, or even offer them a new home makes her bubble inside. She doesn't search for foreigners, she waits until she bumps into one. In all honesty, she does not like the idea of trying to raise a herd's numbers so they are stronger. It makes her feel like she is herding cattle home. What good is raising herd numbers if you are adding horses who may not wants to be there? Some horses like the shadows, too, so if you search for a horse, they may not want to be found. If they wanted to be found, they would approach her not the other way around.

She walks at a slow, relaxed, pace. Her blonde tresses swinging back and forth behind her each step she takes. Her whiskered muzzle low to the ground, as if sniffing around for something to eat. She glances to the side, but all she sees are dead leaves dotting the ground. The heat has already begun fading and the cold has already set in. She doesn't sweat as much galloping from the Falls to the Threshold, but before the cold joined her, she would sweat like a primate in the desert. With a disappointed sigh, she glances forwards again. Immediately, she perks up as she does so. She sees both of her friends up ahead with a horse she has yet to meet. With a friendly smile curving her smiles upwards, she approaches them.

"Elsa, Rei!" She halts in the middle of Elsa and Rei. She stretches her muzzle towards Rei's shoulder, in hopes to touch it in a friendly greeting. After a moment, she retreats her muzzle and moves it to touch Elsa's shoulder. "Hello, Stranger! I am Dröm, a member of the Hidden Falls." She smiles at he stranger, her tone warm and friendly. Caramel eyes stayed glued on the strangers, as it is rude to not make eye contact. "Do you need any assistance? Perhaps us three could help you!" She offered kindly as she dipped her head out of respect and for a greeting. Kind of how humans shake hands-- nodding was a horses hand shake.

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

nickel

RHEA

She supposed they were imperfections, those marks, but they didn't feel that way to her; they were a history, cut into his body: the map of a life of endless war.
"

Lowering her cranium towards the greenery the mare sniffed the long stalks before pulling a mouthful up to munch on. It was a little dry but it was alright she guessed, food was food. A forest was not exactly her favourite place on earth but she would have to find a way out of it eventually to see what else this place had to offer. Shaking out her locks they draped over her neck finally to her satisfaction as she lifted her head once more to stare into the darkness. It would be rather interesting to see what all creatures inhabited this part of the world perhaps it might not be a bad place to live for awhile. Shrugging she set forward a couple paces before footsteps halted her progress turning her attention to the sound.

Her bi-coloured gaze fell upon the pegasus as she approached seeming to lack all caution or hesitance. Was she clueless to the dangers that could lay around each and every corner or just ignorant to the fact? The scaring and damage to her eye could easily prove that she was not oblivious to the danger but ignorance was still a good possibility she mused silently. Elsa.. a interesting name for a rather interesting looking individual. Before she had a chance to speak another two mares made their presence known by approaching in the same fashion. What was with people here in Helovia, If that's what this place was called? None seemed to think that there was any danger in just walking up to someone such as herself or anyone for that matter. Maybe things were just that different? Back home walking up to some stranger could easily get you killed or at least badly injured. The pegasus could probably fly away if something was to go rye but the equine would be done for.

Each of the mares offered their names and to help her if she should need it giving her a strange sense of warmth that she had not felt before. A tingling that she was not too sure if she liked or not within her chest was the outcome of the sudden sensations leaving her without words for a couple moments. Dismissing the feeling as quickly as it came she allowed the cold to fill her heart once more making her feel more like herself. She was not one for warm fuzzy feelings and she doubted that she would ever have that ability to deal with such petty emotions. Standing silently as each of them spoke she listened with mild curiosity as they spoke of what she assumed were herds of this Helovia. The Hidden Falls didn't exactly appeal to her interest despite not even knowing what the place was like but the Dragon's Throat sounding interesting. She had not really come here planning to join into any herd but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to see what all was available.

"I do not know any of the places that you mentioned perhaps you might be able to tell me more about them?" She commented her voice even and calm as she finally figured that she at least owed the strangers some type of answer.

tags: @[Elsa], @[Rei], @[Dröm]
notes: sorry for the delay

eirianstock@deviantart
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

Well she was not the only one out and about today, before the words spilled from her mouth, she was greeted by an unfamiliar face. She was a speckled pegasus, and Elsa felt a little envious. She had always wanted more color on her body. The mare spoke of being Rei, and as soon as she finished...

Elsa turned her head to spot another approaching, this time the face was familiar. She smiled as Drom approached, and greeted her with a soft nicker. She too, offered assistance.

As the attention was turned back to the mare, she barely even spoke. A quiet one she suppose, or a quiet killer. Either way, she was gonna take her chances. What else could she loose? Another eye? "Helovia is the land you have arrived in. Within Helovia, there are four main headlands." So... she was just gonna lay all the information out on the table. Sure, it might be longwinded, but whatever. "The Hidden Falls is where me and Drom are from. It's a lush land filled with waterfalls and lush grasses. The other herds are the Dragons Throat, Worlds Edge, and Aurora Basin. Rei can tell you more of the Dragons Throat. I know naught of the Edge, but the Basin I know is a unicorn only herd. Along with these, there are numerous outcast and outcast bands, but I do not currently know of any." She stopped, and let the others speak, trying to keep things as short and to the point as possible.

words 9001 | tags: | ooc ---

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

"Dragon's Throat. It is so much more than what you expect. The thought of a desert type area was never appealing to me. Not even a little bit. If someone mentioned a desert area I would turn the other way. But as Africa, our leader, flew me over the land I knew that I was home. The Throat has this way of feeling like home before you have even settled in. It is a rather special place."

Rei watched the mare to try to gauge her reaction to the mini speech that she had thrown her efforts into. She wasn't the best with words. If only she could let the newcomer feel the warmth that the pegasus felt whenever she found herself in her home. How nice it was to be able to happily call some place home.

"But that is the touchy feely version." This mare could be more practical minded. It would be best to appeal to both mindsets. Maybe with one or the other she would hit the nail on the head. "Dragon's Throat puts forward a strong front. From what I have seen the soldiers are some of the strongest. Even though we wish and work hard for peace we would certainly be able to defend ourselves well. There are projects coming about that could bring the Throat into greater standing. It is an exciting place to be!

"But I am sure that all of the herds are wonderful. Go wherever you believe you would find the most happiness! You could always visit the Throat." Rei's eyes lit up with the endless possibilities that was before the mare. Maybe Rei would be able to play a role in some of them. The leopard mare would never think that she had enough friends, and she certainly would not hesitate to make a new one.

x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

nickel

RHEA

She supposed they were imperfections, those marks, but they didn't feel that way to her; they were a history, cut into his body: the map of a life of endless war.
"

After being on your own for so long it was hard to slip back into the social scene immediately and accept listening to the opinions of others. Granted when had she ever really accepted listening to the opinions of others? It was more of a dreaded need that had to be satisfied to gain any information that could be worthwhile to the pegasus. Opinions mattered little to her considering her parents obviously had their own when it came to how useful she was to them. Anger bubbled up at the memory before she crushed it into millions of pieces. She refused to feel anything towards those horrid individuals why did their lives matter and hers did not!

Listening partially to what the mares spoke of she did not find much that seemed to draw her to any of the places mentioned but what of the others? World's Edge? The Basin? Outcast bands? What of all of these places where did they fit into this society. Being of a rather curious nature the temptation of accepting one of the offers extended to her was tempting. The more she thought about it the more she seemed to come back around to how the other lands fit into things here. Could she be happy choosing just one of them without experiencing the rest of them for herself? Did she want to be tied down and stuck to one place again?

As silence fell upon the group she perked her ears forward realizing it was her answer that was needed. Well she couldn't give an answer when she really did not have one could she? " I'm sure both your herds are nice but I am not sure I want to be tied to any of them when there is so much I do not know." Pausing she hoped that her words would make sense but she would still give them a minute to process them before she continued. "Perhaps I might find one eventually to join but I think I would be best on my own for awhile to get my bearings. Maybe when I make it around to your homes you might be able to show me around a little?"

OOC: Sorry for skipping you Drom, just hoping to get this thread finished asap :)

eirianstock@deviantart