the Rift

[OPEN] Will You Wait For Me?

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada
"Can ye walk?" his gentle tones question, the molten fire that lingers in the center of his eyes watching the mare still with a hint of pity. She nods confidently, though in her mind, the doll asks herself 'Can I walk the whole way?' Trembling legs respond with a sure "no," but the strange silver pool keeps her upright - too scared of falling over.

There were so many questions the brutt wished to ask, so many flowers to stop and smell, so many different colored creatures that she wanted so badly to watch with the curiosity of a newborn.. but she stayed quiet, not wishing to ask either of the painted saviors for any more aide than they've already supplied. With weary eyes and an obedient attitude, the fragile, antlered creature followed the winged stallion closely, hoping that the sweet grey-toned mare without a name was still following close behind.

The sun still sat at a great height in the sky as the trek began to come to a crawl through a hidden path, rays of light occasionally bouncing off of Midas' silver and gold collar and causing the broken fae to lose focus. Her ears spun around constantly: taking in the new noises of foreign birds and distant forest creatures scuttling across falling leaves. Soft black nostrils pinched and flared at certain scents, most caught by the passing winds while others were passed without notice.

'There is so much here. This is wonderful! her young mind cried, cheering from inside but keeping a blank draw on the outside. Above her ears, the chain rattled against boney antlers, the indigo charm swinging back and forth between long forelock and a main beam of the twin horns. The foliage began to spread out slowly and the air became more open as the trio moved along, worked-in paths becoming more and more clear as well. Overgrown shrubbery and vines crawling from the nearest bramble patch suffocated most of the forest floor.

As they moved, it became much more evident that the brutt was in terrible physical condition: by now, the freshly made scar along the right side of her face has been exposed to anyone that has come along, and the shaking in her legs has become threatening as to where a leg will randomly give out below her mid-walk. Tired, dehydrated, and starving, the fae's mind is so entertained by her new surroundings that she can barely tell the difference between health and near-death.

Tags: @[Midas] and @[Tangere] if she wanted to follow? <3
"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The creamy girl sways and I fear that this trip is going to be long (even though there is few miles that separate us from the Falls); bravely my buckskin friend/stranger agrees to travel. We walk forward in silence, I take the lead, but purposely kept the pace slow and steady. One ear is constantly eased back, aware of her movements; searching for any sudden change in that ragged draw of breath or hitch in step that would signal distress.

Fina glided overhead, watching from above. Soon she grew bored of our venture and trailed off to find something more amusing to look upon. ‘Can ye find a medic?’ I pressed silently through our bond; tilting crown up as one curious eye gazed through the canopy at heaven. The phoenix was gone from view, but she was certainly within mind shot, ‘Aye.’ A short and simple response, with only the faintest hints of displeasure.

Gaze dropped toward earth once more, turning back to glance at the one who trailed behind. She is hardly a yearling by appearance, but doubled what a youth would have in scars, I thought with sobered expression. There didn’t seem to be much to this malnourished lass; though it should be noted that not all appearances should be judged on first look.

By the time we’d made it to the first waterfall our steps had drifted to a shuffle, Adelis was hardly with me – her gaze had begun to glaze over. I paused and turned round, carrying myself back toward her bulk. “Be easy, rest my friend.” The thundering roar of water muffled my notes, but we were in close enough vicinity that I was easily heard. Sand pooled beneath her again, golden to the core as it cradled beneath ribs and belly. Offering support without the need for our flesh to come in contact.

“Fina?” I called, aloud this time. She was nowhere to be seen – though I felt her pressing into my mind from some distance away. Turning gaze back to the sickly woman child I added with a smile of encouragement, “Help is coming. There is water, I can help ye to it?” With Adelis being as weak as she was, I couldn’t chance us traveling over the cliff and down yon side. She’d likely go tumbling off. Nay, we’d have to bed down here with the ample supply of food and water to pacify the time.

OCC: Hopefully a medic will be here soon ^^ we can rp until then.
credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account
Nevada
The fire bird soared through the air above their heads, the flickering red glow catching the blue, curious eyes of young Adelis numerous times. It was difficult really, as she couldn't move steadily without watching her footing and her surroundings, but she couldn't seem to tear her eyes off of the magical being in the sky.

The flames licked and danced in the air, moving in such elegant motions as the phoenix dominated the sky. Although confused (having never seen a creature set afire and still able to survive), a smile touched dark lips as watery eyes watch the creature disappear into the distance. In this time, the brutt finds herself stumbling, tripping over her own weak legs before finding her balance once more; embarrassment flooded her young mind, but already the mare felt she would not be judged poorly by the painted man.

Her head bobs accordingly, the chain wrapping itself around the beam awkwardly and leaving the pendulum cocked upward on the bone. Pain overwhelms her legs, her chest, her throat; the fae's entire body feels as if it too were on fire. Her mind quickly pictures the beautiful bird, engulfed in harmless flames while she quietly stocks the skies.. and the doll cannot help but remind herself that her flames will never be as beautiful, they will forever be dull and only on the inside, for no one to see.

Soon enough, the roar of moving water surrounded her, the crisp scent of Orangemoon gifting the earthy surroundings with a comforting blanket. Her body was quivering from every point, her head hung low as she tried to escape the ache and burn in her legs and torso, and finally Midas had stopped and turned to the young girl. "Be easy, rest my friend." Her head nodded in a slow motion, like a gate on a rusty hinge, before her body tried to collapse beneath her.

The sand touched her skin, frightening the fae before she realized it was there to help. All of the weight from her front legs gave, but the sand cushioned her body, not allowing her to fall just yet. "- so weak!" "Useless-" "Abomination." her cruel stepmother's voice echoed in her head, taunting her even from the grave. Tears welled in cool eyes once more, the stallion's voice reaching her ears once more, but not registering in her mind. Instead, she could only hear her own muffled sobs again.

The hot stream poured down her ghostly face, the black lining of her eyes looking like yesterday's remaining makeup. Uneasily, her gaze reached up for Midas' molten one, her lips able to form the most pathetic of a tired smile. "T-thank you." she stammered, her ears folding back against dark hair before she let out another quiet sniffle.

Tags: @[Midas]
Ooc: Shitty response, sorry.
- J.F.P.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

She was crying, those soft, pained sounds of each sob tore at my compassion like a hot blade. Molding it to tenderness and mercy. Slowly my unmarred neck uncoiled, velvet muzzle reaching out, not yet daring to brush this fragile flower; for fear that the action would cause more harm than good. A breath of balmy air trailed between nostrils, gliding toward her warm, wet cheeks. Perhaps my presence would be enough to sooth this pain, perhaps not, “Shhh,” a throaty murmur, gentle and pleasant, “Ye is safe.”

I didn’t know why she shed silver tears, and right now it wasn’t the best time for personal questions on either end. ”Save thee strength,” the raw energy it took to simply make it this far was taking its toll; the fact that Adelis still had enough stamina to cry….was baffling.

Golden granules beneath her belly thickened as the milky colored mare bore her lifeless weight down. This position could be held for a while; my concentration was slowly being pulled toward harnessing enough magic to maintain. We surely wouldn’t be moving anymore (not like this at least) – I couldn’t hold said girl erect and still shuffle forward.

For now it would seem, our progress drifted to a standstill.

Hopefully, Fina would return with a healer close at heel. Who had done this, who had dared harm this little woman? My mind could only fathom the stories that lingered behind those sad eyes – tales of misery and heartache. I would give much to have her pain removed.

credits

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Kiara
quote quote quote

It had not taken the phoenix long to find the one she looked for, but unfortunately she was on the other side of the herdland. The cool OrangeMoon wind played with the cream locks of the strawberry roan girl. Her attention entirely on the half finished herb garden. The land had long been cleared, but the roan had not taken the time to plant. Now, she looked forlorn at the empty ground. Empty, just like her life was for the most part. Her firstborn dead, her second and third born children ever wandering away from her side. They were growing so quickly now. How long had it been since she had seen her son and daughter?

Nearby, was a sleek black panther. It was his keen eye sight spotting the zephyr before his bonded did. It was Keiran who alerted Kiara to something happening. Midas bonded. Must be looking for us. We should follow. The roan snapped out of her daydreaming. Run ahead Keiran, so i'll know what to expect. The phoenix lead them back, the bonded pair racing across the herdlands to reach their target. Keiran easily out paced Kiara, which was a good thing. His keen eyes looked over the painted stag and buckskin mare. Mare hurt, or sick... Looks weak. We help. Kiara pressed herself forward, racing in close only drawing up as she got within speaking distance. "Czar, what has happened? Are you alright?" Her eyes wild with concern for both the leader and the one he was near. She turned her gaze to the mare for a moment speaking a bit calmer. "Don't move until I say. Healing can be a very tricky business."

Without another word, Kiara focused on the magic that lay within her. At the very least, she could heal what she could see. If there was anything more, that was out of her hooves. Out of no where, water slipped over the buckskin's frame. The waters could be cool to the touch, hopefully easing any pain the mare might feel. At the same time vines moved from the earth, running gently across the mare as well. Within the vines, Kiara pushed some of her own strength and energy. Sure, it took from the red roan... But she was in better condition than the younger buckskin. At last it was all done. Kiara staggered back a step or two as the vines and water dissipated. "How do you feel now?"

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Kiara
quote quote quote

It had not taken the phoenix long to find the one she looked for, but unfortunately she was on the other side of the herdland. The cool OrangeMoon wind played with the cream locks of the strawberry roan girl. Her attention entirely on the half finished herb garden. The land had long been cleared, but the roan had not taken the time to plant. Now, she looked forlorn at the empty ground. Empty, just like her life was for the most part. Her firstborn dead, her second and third born children ever wandering away from her side. They were growing so quickly now. How long had it been since she had seen her son and daughter?

Nearby, was a sleek black panther. It was his keen eye sight spotting the zephyr before his bonded did. It was Keiran who alerted Kiara to something happening. Midas bonded. Must be looking for us. We should follow. The roan snapped out of her daydreaming. Run ahead Keiran, so i'll know what to expect. The phoenix lead them back, the bonded pair racing across the herdlands to reach their target. Keiran easily out paced Kiara, which was a good thing. His keen eyes looked over the painted stag and buckskin mare. Mare hurt, or sick... Looks weak. We help. Kiara pressed herself forward, racing in close only drawing up as she got within speaking distance. "Czar, what has happened? Are you alright?" Her eyes wild with concern for both the leader and the one he was near. She turned her gaze to the mare for a moment speaking a bit calmer. "Don't move until I say. Healing can be a very tricky business."

Without another word, Kiara focused on the magic that lay within her. At the very least, she could heal what she could see. If there was anything more, that was out of her hooves. Out of no where, water slipped over the buckskin's frame. The waters could be cool to the touch, hopefully easing any pain the mare might feel. At the same time vines moved from the earth, running gently across the mare as well. Within the vines, Kiara pushed some of her own strength and energy. Sure, it took from the red roan... But she was in better condition than the younger buckskin. At last it was all done. Kiara staggered back a step or two as the vines and water dissipated. "How do you feel now?"

x - x

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Hidden Account
Nevada
Hot breath washed over the ragdoll's face as the painted stallion reached out, the stress on her tiny body causing the mare to only quiver in reaction. His voice, deep and dreamy, cooed to her, pleading for her to accept that she is safe in this green and blue world. Ragged breaths still shook her body, her ears folding back against the pain that struck through her famished frame as her lungs tried to keep up with her need for air.

It had not been long since Midas had begun cradling the yearling-sized brutt in the hammock of golden sand, but already there were more feet, more scents that the unexposed female had yet to stumble across. Between tears, the mare peered up to the mostly clear skies to find a new face decorated with a white stripe and gentle eyes. "Czar" she had said, the brutt's ears slipping forward again, trying to sort through her history of names or greetings.. but that word, that was one she hadn't heard before.

Suddenly the stranger's attention was directed toward Adelis; her voice is soft, but certain. As told, the doll tried to stop quivering, her lungs drawing in enough air to break a small balloon in order to stop shaking. The sky above the young female was momentarily replaced with motionless water and all of the air that had just entered her lungs rushed out with a small squeak of uncertainty. Before she could move, the liquid was all around her, moving over her pale body with a strange ease.

Curious eyes watch the green-eyed stranger, breath stiff in her throat as she tried to hold in what was left from the last breath; focus painted the Appaloosa's face, but she stood with a grace that kept the brutt calm, even as vines of dark green began to crawl around her folded limbs. Her pulse increased dramatically as the tears had turned to dammed pools and her eyes became wide with fear and uncertainty; slowly -but surely- the manipulated elements soothed the tattered hide of the ghostly girl.

Eventually, the ogling girl found herself feeling less weak and achy, and the water evaporated into the air as the vines sunk back into the soil. Still unsure of what had just happened, Adelis' eyes flickers around, looking from her folded legs to the small scars on her shoulder to the golden and green gazes of her protectors. "How do you feel now?" The blanketed healer breathed. Hesitant to respond -mostly because she wasn't quiet sure-, the ragdoll looked down at her legs and magically dry coat, slowly allowing herself to unfold and stand up uneasily.

To her surprise, a smile similar to the one she had given Midas just a few minutes ago appeared again, eyes still wetted from previous tears. "How did you do that?" she croaked, her voice cracking under pressure of answering a question. Aquamarine eyes look up from behind thick forelock again, a grateful smile now able to spread across dark, rough lips. "I.. I don't hurt." She stammered quietly.

Tags: @[Midas] and @[Kiara]
- J.F.P.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Fina was quick, true to her avian nature. That sleek flaming body came soaring back toward our position – her voice harrowing a savior was close at hand. Honeyed gaze rose, hopeful when pools caught sight of the flaming child, “Help comes,” I whispered, knowing that the little lass was lacking the strength for much else aside from hearing. Perhaps this would give her hope. Kiara’s companion broke through the undergrowth, I glanced toward male cat – his presence announcing who was coming in tow. Kiara emerged moments later; concern washing across her gaze and the words that came flowing forth.

I grinned tightly, “Yar, I’m fine,” troubled gaze turned toward Adelis, “this one needs attention.” Unnecessary to say obviously, Kiara went right to work without so much as another word to either of us. The earth magic said medic used was intriguing and I found my gaze irresistibly drawn during the whole experience. Once mending was complete, our creamy company stirred, rising to hold her stance without aid. Granules slowly withdrew, giving her freedom as they sank back into the earth.

That tender voice rose, noticeably stronger though still rather fragile. I smiled, gently and nodded thankfully toward the roan lady, “Thank ye, though, energy will fade sooner rather than later,” tone was soft, yet also knowing, “will ye help me get her over the cliffs and into the Falls?” question was pushed toward the healer; gaze ran down the length of her body and lingering on features for signs of weariness drawn from having expended magical energy into another vessel.

Adelis needed real nourishment and rest.
credits

Kiara
quote quote quote

Her work finished for now, Kiara breathed a soft sigh of relief as the tanned girl started to stand. She watched as the sand that could only of been the magic of her Czar slipped back into the earth. I guess it would make sense, after all the God of the Earth is our patron. Her ears tilted forward as the girl spoke, questioning how she had done that, and with a tone of almost wonder that she wasn't hurting. Kiara smiled softly. "It is magic, granted to be by our patron God, the God of the Earth. I am Kiara, the earth medic here in the Falls." Her gaze shifted slightly with the with the mental prodding of Keiran. "The panther is Keiran, my bonded." The panther seemed to puff his chest out slightly. He was proud of his bonded. After all, together they had come so far since he was a cub.

Meanwhile Midas's words had caught her attention as well. She nodded, striding forward to place herself along the girl's other side. Sure, she was tired.... But she would be much better off once the newest family member was safely within the Falls. She looked to Midas. "Then there is no time to waste." Keiran took the lead, scouting ahead for any danger to the trio. Not that he felt danger would lurk from another herd mate, but from other wild things it was possible. Either way, the panther wasn't taking a chance with his bond's safety. Not to mention her leader and a new herd mate.

x - x

Hidden Account
Nevada

286 WORDS @[Midas]
Between pinched shut eyes and swelling tears, she could glance up every once in a while behind wet lashes and see the fixated and focused eyes of both caregivers. While on the ground, exposed and easily left for dead, the duo stayed quiet and maintained a calm composure, surely to keep the fae quiet; all Adelis could imagine was being left for dead, drowned under this magical water that the Appaloosa mare manipulated with such ease. But now, as she stood, she no longer hurt and the tears have been forced to a stop.

Aqua eyes drifted up toward the sky again, a deep breath drawing into her body and a shiver following as she thought about pressing on deeper into this strange world. Kiara introduced herself after she explained that she was the medic, thanks to someone that she called the God of the Earth. Afterword, she directed her attention toward the feline, one that she had never seen before in her life, and called him Keiran, "My bonded." she explained. The feline looked sleek and stealthy, something that frightened the young woman, even if she's not sure why.

Midas thanked the lady and asked for her aid on gathering the weak fae and escorting her into what they had each called the Falls. Without hesitating, the medic was at her buttermilk side; the warmth of another's skin against her own was something that the brutt was mostly unfamiliar with since she was very young, and even then Father was only ever able to curl himself around her when her Mother was not around. Silently, the ghostly girl clenched her jaws and looked up at the painted stallion with hopeful eyes and a gentle grin.
- J.F.P.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

The softly colored lass had grown trusting, more pallid toward our intentions. I returned that gentle smile and nodded toward Kiara, appreciative of her continuation in being helpful. That newfound energy should be enough to aid in our climb. I shifted round, turning toward their rear and settling myself to pace behind. We wouldn’t be able to stand side by side when mounting the cliffs – yon path was narrow and slippery.“Walk on ye two, I’ll use magic to aid thee.”

There was tug in my soul, a warning, and the first obvious signs of strain from having used so much magically energy extended overtime. I sighed and called it forward with a throaty grunt, urging the sand to rise for me one last time. Said granules obediently rose to press along the bare side of her barrel, offering support and a throbbing warmth that mimicked my own heartbeat.

Those stones loomed overhead, our pace was slow but efficient.

Sometime later we crested the cave and emerged onto a cliff overlooking the valley below. Breath rose in a sigh again, this time more out of relief. We’d finally made it. Once at the bottom I turned to the newcomer and my medic, “Seek sustenance to restore thee. Should ye have a need for anything only call out, I’ll hear ye and come.” I would have personally like to tend to the girl myself, but there were other matters which needed my attention. “Kiara,” I added, turning honeyed eyes to her, “Will ye care for her awhile longer?”

credits