the Rift

[OPEN] Vibrantly Dull

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

"Oh! Look at this!" Her words rang out in the emptiness that surrounded the pegasus. She talked to herself often, although normally it wasn't a manifestation of her loneliness. But this time was different. As if surprised that she had no company Rei's head jerked up and she looked around herself. "Oh."

One can be happy, maybe even joyful, and still feel the sting of the ruthless taunting of loneliness. The spotted pegasus had friends. She considered Africa and Nasreen to be dear friends. There were also many aquantainces that she had met. There was just a part of her that still belonged to Lytninia, her home in the sky. A bittersweet smile crossed her features, With the excitement that was spurred by the Caela Insula everyone would go crazy at the sight of my island home. Whenever you lose something you tend to romanticize your favorite parts forgetting about the terrible qualities.

Gracefully she folded her front legs standing that way for a moment she prepared herself for the next step in laying down. From her bowing pose Rei also folded her back legs in a movement similar to the first. Except for the fact the movement certainly was not graceful. She had lost her balance at some point during the movement causing her sensitive nose to crash into the ground before her. Rei's hindquarters were momentarily suspended in the air before she brought herself into a slightly more dignified sitting position.

As she flopped to her side she marveled at how quickly she had gone from yearning for some company to being delighted that no one had been around for her mishap. Rei's brown eyes crossed as she tried to look down at her newly swollen bottom lip. She was thankful to still feel the weight of the glass feather Nasreen had given her on her brow. The pegasus would have dismantled the Rotunda piece by piece and would have claimed its own stained glass as a pound of flesh had the Rotunda's floor claimed her glass.

The black and white pegasus became a being of vibrant color as she laid her head out, enjoying how the dancing colors looked upon her skin.

x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady

SHEBA

Someone is in the rotunda. You are dozing in the trees nearby when a muffled thud catches your attention. Rheumy eyes snap open warily, and you raise your head, trying to catch the intruder’s scent on the breeze. Has one of your old comrades come to pay you a visit? But the wind is not blowing your way, and you cannot discern who has unwittingly joined you. Well, that’s unusual, you think, moving slowly through the foliage. You’re aiming to angle yourself so that you can see through the structure’s main opening, but the process takes you some time—not just because you are trying to be quiet, but because it is physically impossible to do otherwise. This creaky body won’t let you move that fast, even if you wanted to, you think bitterly, trying to peer past the pillars and iron curls to the rotunda’s floor. Who is it?

For a moment, you linger in suspense, for you half-expect it to be some old member of the Regime, come to collect you. Confutatis stood on these very steps once, after all, and you’d gotten the impression that this place had become a sort of home base for the band of mercenaries and fanatics. But just as this bright day is so different from the pitch black shadows in which you met once upon a time, the figure inside is nowhere near dangerous looking. It’s a silly little pegasus, no doubt come to enjoy the light show on her coat. Heaven knows that you used to do that enough…that is, until the rather unfortunate encounter that turned you into what you are now. Now, you never set foot in the rotunda during the daylight hours—you can’t stand the beauty that you cannot have.

Still though, you’re feeling a little possessive of your pavilion, which is what leads you to step out of the trees unannounced and march (well, really plod) up to the insolent thing. “Who are you?” you ask grumpily, looking rather pointedly from the girl to the gazebo.

image by shady
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

It has been some time since the wolf king set foot in this region.

Following the failed attempts to consume his darling mother, he had run off, driven towards other victims by the insatiable hunger born of his newfound power. That, and he chased himself off. There was a love that still burned somewhere in the recesses of his beating heart, black as it might be, reminding him of what it was like before the storm swallowed him. Amid all of the mistakes and the rage and the darkness, that tiny flame had led him away from her, away from here.

He had grown hungry in his absence though.

Helovia offered a nice selection of prey that most nearby terrains could not boast of. Before long willpower buckled beneath the stringy saliva of his jowls and the roil of animosity in his gut. Öde was lost to his nature, each day bringing him another step further from the mortal colt he'd once been, and another step closer to Helovia, until finally his hooves swept over the soil that had once been an ashy grey existence. Eventually he might not be able to return, not that he thought that was so bad - though lately he didn't think about much of anything.

I have power, I have hunger. I have all I need!

The hooves that bore the sickly body of the demon colt pressed further into Helovia. While the residents danced frivolously on the island in the sky, evil stole into the depths of the realm, as it is wont to do when hearts grow too light. They must be reminded that with each dawn, comes a dusk.

Through the foliage he slunk, the massive wolf's head he bore leading him into the colorful clearing of stained glass and serenity. He paused there, the tangled hair on his coat rippling as his head turned from side to side, the horn bursting from the center of his skull rattling against low hung branches. His gaze, red and bright with infection, and glee, settled easily on the two horses present. He proffered them an easy grin, one that split his features long past his ears. "I'm hooooome," Öde announced suddenly, his voice rising high and long for the entire Rotunda could hear, that way everyone could rush to greet the returning god.

The words were quickly followed by a hyena laugh; it curled off his maw with a touch of madness, the very same that spun his lips into a twisted smile that reached above his eyes. "I hope you have dinner ready honey!" he snarled as he burst from the brush, his mouth agape, so large he could swallow them whole, which is precisely what he intended for the pegasus. "Winner winner, chicken dinner!" he laughed.

Of course his hunger was not for flesh, just for souls. He would collect her and from him she would be reborn as one of his kind.

EVERYTHING THAT KILLS- ME MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Rei's brown gaze lifted from the jubilant colors dancing upon her coat to the approaching unicorn. She made no move to stand yet. Once the worn looking body finally reached her the few words that she did speak cracked out like a whip.

"Rei." She squeaked intimidated by the unicorn's tone of voice. Stumbling in her own haste Rei dipped her head in respect to the mare, "I am Rei of Dragon's Throat. I did not wish to intrude. Is this your home?"

Rei's eyes bulged at the sight of the beast that approached. Fear savagely gripped at her as it never had before. Overwhelming panic gripped her shutting her common sense down. Backing up against one of the columns of the Rotunda she threw her head up in eye rolling, whites showing display of pure fear. Exits surrounded her but she remained in place still draped in the gaily glimmering light show.

Once she finally convinced her legs to move from their places' the pegasus moved with speed that can only be reached with the pulsing race of adrenaline Rei took a few strides and threw herself in the air her wings struggling to bear the weight of such a sudden lift.

Then she remembered the slow plodding of the elderly unicorn. She would not be spry enough to flee. Rei felt herself being torn. Her sense of self preservation begged her to fly straight for the Throat, never to leave its safe boundaries again. While her conscience pleaded with her to make a stand for the practically helpless mare she had left behind. If only everyone had wings! she thought to herself before spinning back towards the Rotunda.

Landing between the wolf-unicorn mash up Rei put forth a strong front. With her legs braced apart, her neck snaked out, ears pinned, and her wings spread she was an uncharacteristically fierce sight. Scarier than the beast was the knowledge that she would not hesitate to harm him if he made any move towards her. The fear she had for the monster before her had brought forth her own inner demon.

The wolf head with the macabre grin tapered into the still developing body of a colt. Innocence had meshed together with what looked as if it had marched its way straight up from the most dismal pit of hell. Was there still two separate mindsets?

"You haven't always been like this have you? You may thirst for the power that has been thrust upon you, but are you happy? What if," she hesitantly made a step towards the nightmare before her. "What if we helped you?" Compassion laced with fear intensified her question leaving them with a depth that a mere five words can rarely contain. Oh the magic of the simple word "if"; the word could leave enough possibilities to drive one mad.

Time itself seemed to pause, maybe old man time himself had stopped in his tracks and perked his ancient ears to listen for a response to the question that still hung in the air. In it hung the balance of the events to come. Would they wince at the sharp twist of tragedy or would they witness a miracle; a heart being reached through the vile black fog it had been enveloped in. However it played out lives would be rattled to the core. Rei hoped that they would be changed for the better and not left in shattered remains.

Heart hammering in her chest she remembered her grandfather's words from what felt like centuries ago, "Rei, it takes true courage to be kind in such a ruthless world. One must be the songbird that still offers its song to the ears of the hawk."

"I mean it. I want to help you. I would like to be your friend." somehow she had found the strength to banish most of the fear from her voice. "I want to help." She kept her words kind but a part of her was still hardened. He had the wolf of a head, but she knew that he could have the heart of a snake.

What if he struck her down using her kindness?

But what if she could make a difference in him?

Rei's kindness felt like a double edged sword that she herself had invited to be pressed against her own throat.

@[Sheba]
x - x
Magic usage is okay.

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady

SHEBA

Your less-than-friendly tone seems to startle the girl, and you feel a dull, self-righteous satisfaction settle in your chest when she squeaks her apologies. “Rei…I am Rei of Dragon’s Throat. I did not wish to intrude. Is this your home?” While the rotunda isn’t exactly where you rest your head at night, you enjoy watching how easily the girl gives way. “Well yes, actually,” you reply, tone tinged with authority. “And I didn’t know I’d be having company,” you add, a little coldly, still staring at her sprawled on the pavilion floor. Wishing to be alone, you are about to dismiss Little Miss Spots, when her introduction registers. Dragon’s Throat. Before this awful mess, isn’t that the place that Dragomir spoke of? Not that you would go visiting in this state, but still. It would be nice to know where it is. If she’s quite done watching the light on her own coat, maybe this Rei can tell you where the place that she calls home lies.

“Let’s make a deal,” you begin in your sternest voice. To your amusement, the girl is already shrinking back, eyes wide with fear. “I’ll choose to forget you were ever here, if you—“ You never finish, for the girl is scrambling to her hooves in terror, retreating deeper into the rotunda. What on earth? You know your tone is intimidating, but honestly you’re not that scar—I’m hoooome, a voice snarls from behind you, making every hair on your scruffy body stand on end. Unable to turn around, you freeze, blood running cold as It speaks again. “I hope you have dinner ready, honey…winner, winner, chicken dinner!” It cackles, nearly barking out the last words. Out of the corner of your eye, you chance a peek at the creature…and your legs nearly give out in fear.

It is a wolf, with leering features that split his face into an abnormally wide grin. A horn, dark and sharp, juts from his head, and a blood red tongue lolls from his drooling mouth. And though you’re not quite close enough to tell, you’d bet your mother’s life that there’s an insane glint in his eye. The nightmare doesn’t give you long to look, though. With a high-pitched, stuttering laugh, he springs forward, charging right at your haunches. You scream, and take off into the brush just as the world explodes behind you. Saving herself, the pegasus bursts out of the rotunda and throws herself into the sky with a flurry of feathers—not that you’re looking back, or that you even care whether Spotty gets out alive. Chest heaving, you’re too busy dashing into the forest, adrenaline lending you the speed to override the protests of your arthritic joints.

Unfortunately for you, you don’t get very far. You are only a few strides into the woods when a muscle twinges, and your legs seize up, refusing to carry you further. You whimper, hating yourself as the cry slips past your lips. You are your mother all over again. You’re going to die her spitting image, cowering in the brush.

Panicked, your head turns to look behind you, gauging how much time you have left. Given the fact that you’re about to die, you’d think that at this point, not much else can shock you, but the scene that meets your eyes does just that. Rei, it seems, hasn’t escaped after all. She stands between you and the beast, and though you can’t hear what she’s saying, it looks like…is she talking to it? Idiote. Can’t she see that it will do no good? Why does she stay—does she want to get herself killed?

Well, if she does, you’re not lining up to be the next station at the buffet. Wasting no opportunity, you painstakingly begin to back away, step by torturous step.

@[Öde]

OOC: Sorry for the wait. Rei’s got a heart of gold, and Sheba is such a coward :3 Do we still roll a die for infection?

image by shady
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
I think we do still roll die ^^ @[Official]

Infected Ode attacked Rei, though Sheba is close.
Rei leaps up into the air to run, but then goes back to stand between Ode and Sheba trying to talk to him.
Sheba runs, but her muscles twinge up.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Sheba manages to escape on her own!

Rei is in the way, so.... rolling a 6 sided dice and a 5 or a 6 means not infected.

1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Rei escapes infection as well!

Blu

Teeth snap not upon delicious flesh and sinew, nor feathers and fur, only each other. Their vibrations ring around his cranium, creating a cacophony of failure which drives him further into the dark, into the madness. A slow, steady headache gathers behind his eyes, ringing and stirring and pulsing with the flow of his blood. It's singing for her, his pain.

Öde crouched where his paws had landed following his lunge. He'd slid somewhat on the smooth floor of the Rotuna, his coat dappled with the colorful light which streamed down. It clashed like a fashion nightmare against his otherwise sleek black and red theme.
Ears flicked, listening as Rei spoke, the gentleness of her tones undercutting the chaos of his pulse and his ache. For a moment he was still, muscles bunched beneath his fur, massive head looking over his shoulder at the stupidly brave girl which sought to talk him down like he were nothing more than a footstep away from a cliff. He was not the step waiting to happen, he was the fall.

Yet, Öde listened, all the while his eyes watching the rapidly vanishing form of Sheba as the forest swallowed her up.

I must have patience. Lunge again and she will fly off like a frightened dove. Stay and talk, make her think she is reaching me... then she will stay for dinner.

Öde smiled to the floor as he turned around meekly to face her. His tail hung limp between his thighs and the great crown he carried sunk low. "Help!" he called out, all the gravel and the growls gone from his voice, replaced instead with the normal coltish squeal he would have had were he uninfected. His eyes widened as he spoke, white rims flashing against the frame of darkness he bore - the light shining through, trying to crawl its way out. "Please," he begged, his mouth upon, though unmoving as he spoke, as though the sound came from within - as if the wolf had swallowed him up. "Help me, friend."

He took a wavering step forward, trying to resist his canine captor, trying to break free to call to her. He was desperation calling out to her bleeding heart.

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Prove it to me. Give me some undeniable proof that you desire help. Those were the words that she had intended to say, but they were not the ones that were said.

"It is okay, I am going to help." Her voice still contained a fearful tremble, but the words left no room for question. She would help him.

Rei felt the absence of the unicorn and it left her to wonder if she was acting rashly. But how could she simply leave this colt to whatever fate currently had him clutched in its cold grasp? Where was his mother?

A cold realization put a fretful panic in her heart. Rei had no idea how to help him. Would this be something that would require a healer? Or would it take something more? Could this be fixed?

The pegasus had managed to reach through to him. If she left to fetch a healer would he still be reachable? Would he still even be at the Rotunda?

How did it happen? Rei had so many questions.

"What needs to be done to help you? I can try to fetch a healer."

Oh, how she desired to hug the boy. But even she knew that would be pushing her luck. Instead she picked up a smooth stone and tossed it across the creek. With her head bobbing in time with the skips she counted aloud. "One..Two..Three..Four..four skips! Personal record right there." Rei arched her neck and grinned slyly. "You know what? I bet that you can't do more than six skips in one toss before I come back with more help."

At the moment he looked as if he had slunk up from the depths of her nightmares but under all of that there was a young soul. One that she hoped would be unable to resist a challenge. Cruelness could not combat the innocence of youth; if only she could lure the inner child out with play.

x - x
Magic usage is okay.

Blu

With each breath the two of them exchanged, Öde continued to step further. Bit by bit he worked to close the gap that had settled unfavorably between them. She still quivered; he could hear it in her voice, so he knew he had to move with caution. Thankful she was distracted enough with their conversation, still intent on healing him. HAH! What about him suggested he needed a cure? He was magnificent. He was powerful. He was a god.

He smiled, a minor growl vibrating between his teeth as they peeled away from his darkened lips. "Help!" he mimicked her, his eyes suddenly growing wide and fearful - the windows into his tortured soul, or so he would have her believe. "I'm trapped, help, help!" his coltish voice begged from the wolf's maw, it's movement not even necessary to speak. It would only help further the ruse that his cries came from within. Much like a popular fairytale Öde made it seem as if he were in a red hood, sitting within the gut of the big, bad, wolf.

In reality, I am the wolf, and I like it that way.

Before he could make his next move though, the mare proceeded to do something most peculiar. In this time of duress she reached down to grab a rock. Red eyes flashed with humor, wondering if she intended to bludgeon him with a pebble. She certainly wound up with an intent to do harm, and instinctively Öde felt himself flinch, but the rock went sailing harmlessly towards the water, skipping delicately over the surface.

She counted aloud as he did under his breath, jaws parted with something akin to awe. Was she a god as well, able to make stones fly rather than sink? He glanced to her suddenly as she challenged him, his chest unknowingly swelling with misplaced pride. "I can do much better than that," he snarled, not even bothering to put on his boyish act. Living up to her expectations he would not stand to be outdone by this game, but it didn't matter that he was young. Evil in all of its forms is easily beguiled by the sins it boasts. Pride, greed, anger... they all spur the demon and the boy to prove he could not be outdone; same as the devil loves his fiddle.

So she left, but he hardly noticed as he nosed around for some rocks. He thought on his first try, the perfect rock was the key, so he took his time finding a smooth and shiny one. With little grace he hurtled it to the side, but it sunk with a resounding plop. He huffed, then grabbed for another. It too, plopped. He puffed, then grabbed another, and another, and another. Plop, plop, plop!

A furious growl shook his chest and with little dignity the great wolf's head leaned down and ate hundreds of little pebbles. He shook them back and forth in his mouth, each one ricocheting with a hard sound off his fangs, while some flung out of his lips and scattered to the side or into the creek. When all had fallen uselessly from his mouth, Öde realized he had been played the fool. Likely she had a magic trick that let her fly stones, allowing her to escape!

"No!" he roared, leaping forward into a swift lope, his nose guiding him on her trail.

[I kinda left this open for you as to whether or not you want to continue with him finding her, or say she escaped because of the great head start :3 ]

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode