the Rift

I look inside myself and see my heart is black

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable

A cold wind blew down from the north. It swept through the trees and rattled the branches menacingly, as though trying its best to shake down the yellowing leaves that had yet to fall. It was a shivery sort of day, dull and gray with no shadows and a faded, dispirited light that just barely managed to separate the previous and the upcoming nights from one another... and it was raining. Everything was wet, damp, muggy and foul, and so was the mood of the tall, black horse that meandered through the forest.

Morir was not happy. Actually, even labeling him to be displeased would be an understatement; it oozed off him in unpleasant fumes of bad temper, expressed not so much in the way the cloven hooves stomped the ground for each high-legged step or in his menacing countenance - Morir always looked menacing, it came with being tall and looming and wearing the skull of a dead animal over your face - as in the way he pushed his way forth through the underbrush with uncharacteristic force. Normally an even-tempered and quiet person, recent events had sent him into a spiral of increasingly bad moods - and he couldn't see that it was about to end anytime soon.

Mostly it was the lack of activity that had him in such a temper. When he first arrived in this place he had been scouted by a mare that promised hell and high tides for everyone that stood in her way, and intrigued by this notion of power and purpose he had allowed himself to be recruited to her cause. At first things had looked good - they had gathered members at a promising pace, there had been plans in the making and quite a few initial steps taken to secure information. They had been successful in kidnapping several people of importance, and as spring drew closer the dead-masked youngster had been content. But... as the summer drew nearer and the days turned hotter, everything just drained away into nothing. After loosing out on her duel with some mare or other, Confutatis had simply stopped coming around, Tyradon had disappeared without a word and one by one the members of the Regime had stopped showing up for meetings. Morir had done his best to keep things going but what could they really expect of a blind and inexperienced youngster with nothing to go for him but a sly tongue and a skill for abductions? Slowly the group had dispersed, leaving him as the sole horse left with a desire for more.

It was infuriating. If he had known that things would end up like this he would never have followed that lying cunt in the first place; he could have joined a herd, he could have worked his way up from the bottom like he had planned. He could have created his own band, declared himself king and contestant for any land deemed fit for habitation - he could have been the ruler of his very own kingdom by now. Instead he now found himself an outcast, a known criminal wandering aimlessly through the well-traveled borderlands, unable to decide whether his fortunes lay within this realm or beyond it. The only thing that really kept him here was a sign received once a winters night, the single large feather dropped by a raven tied into his mane. Ravens were messengers from the gods of his homeland; they were heralds, carrying tides of fortune and death alike to the mortals. Whether this token was a portent of ill fortune or a sign of good faith he didn't know; unlike the shaman that raised him after his parents demise Morir had never had a talent for soothsaying or interpreting signs. He just knew that the feather was dear to him, and felt reluctant to part from the place where it had been bequeathed to him.

A deep, rumbling sigh erupted from flaring nostrils, and after brusquely lashing out at an offensive shrub that tickled his belly as he walked over it the towering stallion stopped to rest, recognizing the pointlessness of his rovings. Leaning himself heavily against a tree he listened out into the forest for signs of life, empty sockets staring emptily from beneath the pallid mask of bone. Maybe he would just wait here, see if the gods would be kind enough to offer a second sign. Should he stay or should he go? The undertaker was undecided, prepared to leave his fate up to... well, fate.

"I embrace the thorny rose to my chest and
fall into the crimson sea
I continue dancing upon the
piled bodies until I die"

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Dröm
it's impossible for dreaming to be bad.

Dröm comes to the threshold again, to attempt to recruit for her home. She has not been successful yet, but that does not weaken her determination. In fact, whenever she tries again, she learns how she can better aid those in need, or how to make friends as quickly as others do. Dröm rather likes friends, and she does not have trouble making new ones, but she has slight trouble recruiting. Perhaps the other herds just offer better things? In Dröm's opinion the Hidden Falls is the best of the best, but Dröm has never visited the other herds so she really can't say which herd is the best. Perhaps the thing she loves most about her home is the friendliness. She was worried that the Asylum would be crazy and weird, but so far... nothing has happened! They even trusted her enough to help move the herd to safety. Perhaps they know she isn't going to betray them?

She glances ahead and notices a dark figure. At first, she gladly trots towards him, but upon growing closer to him she slows to a walk and becomes hesitant. She wondered why he was wearing a skull. His tall frame dwarfing her 14.3hh skeleton. The fear inside of her grew marginally as she halted in front of him, glancing upwards at his face (or the face of whatever animal he was wearing). "Hi." She said softly, hesitantly. "I'm Dröm." She didn't dare ask him his name. What if that pissed him off? He could easily squish her in battle. There was no need to piss him off.

She scans his body. She notes his cloven hooves then his grand horns and antlers. Though intrigued by this combination of crowns, her gaze doesn't linger long on them. Her eyes glance back at his dark ones. "What brings you to Helovia's Threshold today?" She inquired, actually curious, but still afraid of him. Will lash out? She tries to calm herself, realizing she could very well be overacting. Sometimes dark horses that wear skulls are nice?

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Someone approaches. The muscular rogue visibly tenses as the rustle and thud of hooves become noticeable, the dark velvet of the skin rippling and coiling with muscle. An ear turns towards the stranger, keen hearing honing in to extract information, skillfully discerning things most others wouldn't even think to look for; the lightness of the footfalls that reveal a slender built or young age, a certain lack of tripping or stumbling that might suggest agility, how the rhythm and pace of every step suddenly falters, change; a whiff of scent caught suggests the feminine gender and yet the eyeless demon doesn't relax. He knows more than most how cunning the opposite gender is, how utterly ruthless the wrath of a woman scorned can be. Did he ever offend this particular one? Another gust of scent spread by the wind fill the quivering nostrils and after a moment the giant snorts; not likely. She is unfamiliar, the voice that so hesitantly speak out to him is not one heard before. He would have remembered.

A slightly tense silence stretch out when she grows silent. Morir considers for a while whether he ought to reply or not. Her hesitance is apparent even to someone as blind as him - it's in her voice, in the shallow breathing, in the way she stops well out of reach and in how she doesn't put weight on the fronts quite as much as usual as though ready to bolt at a moments notice - and it serves to both annoy and appease him. Does he really look that horrible, does she fear the bleakness of the bone that cling to his skin and hide away all trace of like or dislike? Yet at the same time her fear makes him feel good, good enough to swell and arch the thick neck and crack the furry whip of a tail a little harder against the flank before he turn the heavy head with its empty eyes ever so slowly towards her; carefully, so as not to accidentally spear her on the long, massive horns.

"Morir" he rumble in late reply with a voice that is at once soft and rough, low and rich yet so deep that the words come out a predatory purr, like gravel scraping within a velvet cloth bag. "I wait for a miracle, little rabbit. Once I came to this place on a hunch and now on a hunch I wait to see where to go next. Are you my miracle, rabbit? Or are you just time kill?"

@[Dröm]

baylee

Dröm

The beast purrs back to her. His voice deep and feral in her ears. He begins turning his crowned brow towards her. Upon closer examination, she finds that he doesn't have dark eyes. In fact, he has no eyes, but that does little to relax her. Her arches a neck and goldy responds by smiling, exposing her rather perfect teeth to the biting winds that beat her with cold that feels like needles as she breathes in. She has forgotten just how cold Orangemoon is, but she knows Frostfall will be worse.

He speaks to her once more, offering a reasoning (somewhat) to her answer. He reveals he has come for a miracle. To her, it seems he comes when he doesn't know what to do next, where to get motivation. He refers to the girl as rabbit, but she does not mind. In reality, she is very much like a rabbit. Quick, agile, and an observer. He asks her if she is his miracle or just time kill. Though the words sound strange to hear, she thinks she has a suitable answer. "I'd like to think of myself higher than time kill, however, I do not know if I am a miracle." She has not thought of herself as either of those things, nor has she thought of herself as a rabbit, but that may just be an extremely accurate description of the lightly built arab. "What do you want me to be?" She asks, curious to know the beasts answer. Her tones warm and soft, but still with an undeniable hesitance. She knows of horses that no longer believe in miracles, yet she also knows many that pray for them to happen. Of course, if the stallion wants she could easily kill time with him. Not in a sexual way, or anything. Goldy would prefer not to go there right now with him. With anyone. She would not object to staying with him for a while if that is what he wanted. It could gain her a friend.

Let's say he wants a miracle. She could take him to her home, the herd with the Asylum. Though she does not think him crazy, he might enjoy herdlife. Unless he is already part of one. The stallion has not divulged much, this is a pattern Dröm has noticed rather quickly in Helovia. It seems everyone has their troubles, and everyone hides them. Is this the way of life here?

"blah blah blah."

pixel by baylee

A sly grin spread over the dark lips as she reply. He can appreciate the coy pride he believe he hears in her voice, her denial that she isn't a miracle; "You don't deny that you are a rabbit then" he taunts, words falling in a morbid singsong lull. "I see you are not running... Very brave, little rabbit, or maybe stupid?" He had been stupid not to run from a wolf before too, so he couldn't blame her. Scars and a bad reputation was his price for that, a rumor of rebellion and revolution following in his wake. The family of this dainty little bunny would not enjoy hearing with whom this ghoul has been running for half a year, of that he would be certain - if he knew that she belonged to a family at all.

Alas, the beast is ignorant. He simply tilt the head in amused thoughtfulness, quietly mulling over the question. What did he indeed want this shy little stranger to be? A hare to chase after so as to practice hunt and stretch the muscles? A wall perhaps to beat against with dark musings and grim speculation, a recruit to spin into a net of scheming, drag within the world of plots, plans and treason? Ah, but he is reluctant to speak of his dealings with the Regime and Confutatis the fucking liar of a bitch, she who promised heaven and left him in a lonely hell. So that rules out most topics of conversation, unless...

"I want your eyes" he whisper softly and turn back to the girl, the focus of his attention so intense upon her that she might almost feel the unseeing eyes stare from within the empty sockets. "Be my guide today, little rabbit, and tell me of the world around. I don't know colors, I've never seen them, and I only know the sound and shape and taste of this world - perhaps you can expand it for me."

And should he wish, even for a fleeting moment, that he might be able to truly take her eyes, her sight, and experience the wonders his parents so often had spoken about, he doesn't let it show. For such a desperate, deep and violent desire would surely make this rabbit turn tail and run, and he would be left alone and bored once again.

baylee

Dröm

He is the alpha the golden omega wishes to please out of fear that he may turn around and snap at her. Claws and teeth would be unleashed and this omega knows all too well that the dark and mysterious alpha will come out on top. The girl, which now clearly pictures herself dripping with blood, listens carefully to the large stallion. "I am much like a rabbit in many ways. A soft animal with the ability to curl up next to whomever desires warmth, a vicious thing with long daggers for teeth, or even a delicious delicacy if prepared correctly." There were many sides to the friendly mare, some just kept hidden. She ignores the jeering tone of his marble voice. "Are you saying I should leave, Morir? I do not have to continue being brave." She pauses for a moment, allowing her words to sink into him. Would he tell her to leave? It very much feels as if the girl is playing with torches and the inevitable burn is to come soon.

"Eyes are not always a good thing, Coyote." Coyote-- a popular predator for rabbits. He continues, telling her that he wishes for her to describe things for him. "Seeing is knowing. I will not deprive you of knowledge." She glances around looking for something to describe. She realizes the best thing to describe is under them. She lets her cranium drop to the floor. Her lips close around a bundle of leaves. Each one a different color. Some brown, some red, some yellow. "These leaves..." she mumbles as the leaves crinkle and then float back to the ground. "They are all unique. Some brighter, some darker." As she talks all the leaves fall, but one. "This one I have in my mouth... It is red, the color of blood after spilling from ones body." A rather morbid explanation, but something the stallion might understand. She waits for his response as she searches for something else to describe, the leaf halfway hanging out of her mouth.

"blah blah blah."

pixel by baylee

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It was cooler. Once again, the world had pulled the golden son from the Basin to try his luck again in the Threshold. The twin horned was still trying worm his way into being valuable. The more valuable the less they wanted to let little things get in the way. So trumping through the pines the golden boy went. His search was not as diligent as before so it wasn’t until he heard voices that his attention was drawn. One was soft and sweet, the other smooth and dark. Harks leaned in, for that was not a usual combination. Slipping through the shadows the gold approached their small meeting.

Keeping well behind a cedar tree he listened. Morir, the dark voice spoke. It slipped out like a purr of a cat waiting to literally kill. Harks lean back. Though it did not sound as…maddening as the one he’d met her previously, it sounded just as dangerous. Did he want to bring this creature back to the stronghold of the Basin? Hell yeah. Wicked grin lit up and he shook his head. First though, he needed to know who this little miracle rabbit was.

Her voice was light, and sweet. She was not into playing games though, she didn’t understand them. What a pity, that smooth dark creature was such a player. They held the cards, said all the right words, and this poor dear was squandering it. The gold beast resisted a snort and once again got ready to move forward. Yet again though, the dark creature speaks, and the dramatics cause him to pause. Might as well wait, better to know who he’s playing. Ohhh, was it worth it. He did like this stallion’s methods. His style. A bit gruesome to be sure, but nothing the Basin wasn’t used to having in its folds. Nothing he wouldn’t mind bringing home, even if he was lacking a sense or two. He listened for the tender voice’s reply. It was unsatisfactory…time to help the poor dear out.

Flicking that tasseled tail from side to side the golden steps into the light. He lets a smile dance across him with ease and neck curled noble and proud. Glancing at each he takes them in. Their voices match their figures. “Little sweet, you see only colors, not the world with which they paint.” Stopping between them his nares catch her scent and he lets a brow raise. It was clear, and covered in shadows, ferns, and oncoming rain. “I would have expected a little more from one of the Falls. Have you not met you mad hatting herd mates?” Gold dusted eyes look her up and down. Pretty thing.

Turning to the elk skull he finds a warrior staring blindly at him. He calms himself, the energy of moving to meet them calms. “This land is settled in a white pure peace, but rumbles with the greys of past thundering wars.” Yes, paint this land you’ve come to know. “It a sweet green blade of tender new beginnings, and yet the purple hard rough rocks can still find place. There is the red hot pain of blood in this land to be sure, and the cold blue ice of the north and the orange heat of the south.” He settles slightly, voice calming down from its intensity. “There is a smooth and cool yellow gold of gods above, than can flash hot with anger, yet gift magical gifts more valuable than gold itself.” Voice chuckles roughly. “You see, Helovia paints quiet a rainbow.” The golden smiles kindly, his smugness complete.

OOC ::
"speech"

You may have eyes and can see the world,
But you'll never know its depths or curves.
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

He doesn't answer her query of staying or going, too distracted by something off in the woods to pay much attention. The rabbit was interesting for sure, but not so much that he would let her presence lower his guard or make him cut back on vigilance; someone else had come walking towards them as they spoke, and Morir was keen on knowing who this someone was. Their footsteps were faint, quiet, the kind that sneaky people used when they didn't wish to be seen; he only picked up on them because his hearing was exceptional, accentuated or perhaps enhanced by the deprivation of a major sense. The hellion kept listening after them even as he teased the girl; tense breaths hesitating slightly to pick up the sound of breathing, of shifting leaves, of earth shrinking as waterlogged soil was compressed beneath heavy bulks.

Not until Dröm accepted his game and started to explain what she saw did the other move. Morir showed no signs of surprise as the stallion suddenly showed up; it hadn't been sudden to him, he was perfectly aware of him ever since he came close enough to be heard. Indeed the only sign he gave of recognizing his presence was the twist of a chiseled ear and silence as he butted in and tried to do a better job than the lass - what was this, some kind of quiz show, a popularity poll over who could please the beast?

Morir laughed.

"Well done both of you, and yet for all your attempts neither have been able to make sense" the undertaker jeered and pushed himself away from the tree; apparently the presence of another stallion was a bit more serious, such that he couldn't afford his leisurely attitude. Low hanging branches rattled and clipped against horns both owned and borrowed as he raised the head higher, managing to tower over both of the others - he couldn't see it but felt it as their presences faded beneath his would-be field of vision. This felt good too, almost as much as the thought of scaring the girl to tears.

"You are rather full of yourself, aren't you" he threw at the golden goat, not sure himself if he wanted to challenge or just see how many buttons he could push before the other exploded. "Did it occur to you that this might be a private show?" He stepped forward and began moving around Thranduil to place himself between the other and Dröm, massive cloves rising high in the air before slamming down provocatively into the ground; he didn't like being separated from the mare, as though she was the property of this idiot. It was Morir who had found her first, if anything she ought to be his... if he wanted her.

@[Dröm], @[Thranduil]

baylee

Dröm

The twist of a dark ear means nothing to the girl. She was far more focused on what was being said and how to react. When the question of sight came up, the girl wasn't really sure how to explain it. After all, how does one explain fog to a blind one? Sure, she could've said the scientific explanation, but she didn't understand that herself. It was easier to just say something it related to. With one red leaf hanging from her lips, the girl-like mare turns towards the sound of shuffling hooves. A golden stallion emerges from the shadows and steps towards them.

The first thing Dröm notices is the change of posture of the rather large Morir. The brute was indeed scary before, but now he was ten times more. Her head drops marginally as he stands up straighter-- even dwarfing the larger stallion that has joined them. Submissive, perhaps. Morir tells them that their explanation was lacking, and the flaxen's mind brings the visual of her gold body splattered with blood back once more. The first thing Morir notices is a rather cocky attitude. If it had only been the rabbit here, she would have merely told him not to be so crass and cocky, it was ugly. His next string of words makes one short fluffy ear tip backwards. Private show? Interesting choice of words. The girl is suddenly scared again, but less than before. Despite what she assumes will happen to her (a merciless murder?), the mysterious stallion passes her and walks to the new stallion. In a showcase of strength, he raises himself before slamming back onto the ground. The earth quivers slightly under the impact. His muscles rippling in a way only a warrior's do. She watches them, both scared for the golden stallion and glad to see his pompous ass being threatened.

"blah blah blah."
ooc: getting interesting! also sorry for.. this i think it'll get better xDD

pixel by baylee

Laughter ripples through the pines and shutters the leaves. The golden son loves a good laugh, but not this. Still, even if his pride was being torn to shreds he’d go down smiling. So the wicked grin only turns slightly smirk. His answer made sense if you had half a brain. Oh but we’re supposed to play nice here. Fine then, his answer made sense to those with a deeper view of the world. The dark tri-horned creature had seemed such a treat, one who could role the dice and bluff with the best. Perhaps not. Perhaps he was just a low thinking as these others. Or perhaps something more serious was written under those words. The brute who had been leaning against a tree, stood. To his full height. All million hands of him. Lion tail slashed. Was that a threat?

Oh but keep it civil boys. A gentle chuckle rolls off. “Pity.” Thranduil held his ground. The golden son was not above running, but this was not going to get that far. Words were his weapons and a few extra hands won’t help you with those. The gold was stubborn and brash just as much as he was vain and proud. This stallion though seems ready to throw the punches. Like the gold’s pride hadn’t been called into question before. Honestly, got anything new to throw at him? You don’t grow up a cocky golden boy and not get called out for being full of it a few times. Well, if it’s the way the tall creature wanted to play it, the golden was only more than happy to play along. “And I don’t even need my full height to show it, unlike you.” The golden was treading dangerous water, but his recent victories with his gilded tongue were pushing him on. The tri-horned wanted to push buttons? He’d have to try a lot harder than that. Honestly, this wasn’t the gold’s first time in the ocean. Your kiddy pool waves were conquered long ago. Try again, you’ll find him a lot harder to crack than that.

Of course it was ironic all of this. Considering Morir’s place in the Regime, and the Basin’s hatred of it. Unluckily for the Basin they’d neglected to tell their oh so clever spy of that small detail, nor did it seem this chunky monkey was likely to come home with Thranduil this time, especially based on what he did next. Moving forward the dark creature circled the gold and harks followed him, cat tail lightly flicking at his hinds. Till he spoke. Private? Ha! Then the beast wanted to put on a show. Rising slightly before slamming on the ground, trembling the earth below the gold’s cloven hooves. Spin tingled under his coat, but he realized the sport. Especially when he noticed the dark horse was standing between the girl and he. Even though adrenaline was beginning to course through him, the golden son was well practiced at threats. He liked to wave at them as they passed by. With a smile he looked at those dead eyes. “Nothing’s private around here, especially a good show, no matter how much of the ground you tremble.” Nope physical threats don’t work either big boy, try again!

Of course he was supposed to be here on civil business. At least try and not screw it all up. “There’s no need though to get all huffy.” It was a grin that let its falsities fall through it. Too bad that elk horned one could not see it. “Besides, I do believe I’ve forgotten my manners! We can’t forget those Morir.” It was a pleasant voice, those lines of sarcasm barely traceable. “If you’ll excuse me,” Looking behind him at the petite girl. ”..dear lass, I didn’t catch your name.” It was unlikely he would get it, but the fun of tossing it all back at the hulk in front of him was too much to be missed.

OOC :: @[Morir]
"speech"

Oh so that's how its going to be?
You'll have to try a lot harder than that,
to catch me.

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Why is it always so much fun to play with fire? And this barrel of gunpowder was just ready to set off, Morir couldn't wait for the explosion to come. Yet his amusement at the idiocy of the entire situation was well hidden, stashed away by that impassive mask - perhaps that was why the gilded one failed to recognize his detachment, the lack of real fire even as the massive brute put on his little display. He was simply playing, indeed passing time; though he did fail to notice how, as the situation grew steadily more flammable, he continued down a path that would likely seal his place in this Helovia. Was he looking for a sign? Morir made the signs just by being who he was.

A sly smirk spread across the ink-stained lips as the stag retorts, mirrored in the deadened grin of the mask he wears; the insults sting and make the feathered tail snap from side to side, the tetchy movements of a taunted feline. Like the teenager he is the demon-child cannot help using what nature provided him with and swell visibly as he position himself squarely in the way of the other, blocking access to the suddenly very quiet girl. Drawing himself up even further as if by failing to shrink and back down he would spite the silver-tongued snake, Morir bare down upon him with more laughter, so cold that the drizzling rain all but froze around them.

"No, indeed. You just flap those gums of yours instead - all talk no business, just like with all barking dogs... I've seen one, know all." Pouring oil to the fire he tighten the neck into a tense arc, tucking chin to chest so that three massive spears point towards the golden boy - a declaration of murderous intent so overt it was almost vulgar.

"I would stay there if I were you" he suggest calmly, almost sweetly and make a move as if to look over the shoulder towards Dröm - not that he could see her even if he did. "I smell something rotten, rabbit, don't you? It must be something in the air - oh, nevermind, it was just this giant pile of crap-talk over there, so sorry." Making a sudden move Morir spin around on the spot and buck out towards the insolent cur, digging up wet muck and leaves in the process that he fling in the direction of the other stallion. Hoping very much that the foul-smelling mud would precede a square hit in the chest he then land and push forward, trying to usher Dröm ahead of him with a snaking movement of the head.

"Let's go, shall we? I would hate to catch whatever it is he has..."

baylee

Dröm

The childish game of tossing meaningless threats around grows longer, yet Rabbit is all too keen on paying attention. The golden stallion not backing down. She knows Morir won't, it seems as if it's nature for him not to back down. With his tail lashing around every once in a while, there conversation continues for a moment before the attention is completely turned onto Dröm. She is a deer in the headlights, not wanting to get run over, but not wanting to move. "You don't need to know who I am, stranger." Oh, yes. She is much sweeter than Morir, but perhaps this golden boy has already learnt this. She does not feel the need do divulge her name, for that may just piss the dark stallion who she fears much more than the golden one.

Morir begins speaking, telling the gold boy not to move. Or was he referring to his rabbit, his pet? He begins asking Dröm if she smells something rotten, and though Dröm would like to be sassy and say that it could be that the skull on his face has a few chunks of meat left on it, but she stops herself, this situation far more delicate than before. She opens her mouth to answer, but Morir says nevermind as he spins around and tries to kick the ground at goldy locks over there. Dark stallion's head drops as he moves towards her. She knows exactly what he is doing. He is snaking her. That is something a stallion does to a mare he is herding. Though unusual, Dröm finds no discomfort in this and gladly turns the direction the skull-faced stallion is steering her. She begins prancing off, her tresses waving delicately behind her as she dances wherever this stallion wants her to. A joker to a king.

"Where to now, Morir?" She whispers softly, knowing all too well about Morir's heightened sense of hearing. If the stallion they have left decides to follow, he will be getting a fight from both Rabbit and Black Stallion. More so from Morir, for Goldy has no idea how to fight.

"blah blah blah."

pixel by baylee

Well that went sour fast. Honestly, that blind stallion was blind to more than just the sights around him. Stretching taller his monster body higher the tri-horned laughs again. This time the gold is not surprised. The air was growing, trembling in echos of the ground the beast stomped on. Then he goes and brings up that one insult that will seal your fate. Flapping lips. Flaping gums. Lion tail lashes back and forth with more force now and jaw clenches. Lips do not drop that trained smirk though. Fine, bingo, you got him. You win your prize! An actually dangerous Thranduil. Have fun! You see a little insult is not enough to make the brute remember you. No, if you really want to make the hit list, this was a good way to start.

Then it all gets leveled. Tri-horns find his golden body on radar. Head tosses up but in the youthful defiance that is the gold, one cloven hoof steps out. He was never one to take orders anyhow. Words of the lass go unheard. He doesn’t care for her, not now. Things have gotten a little more serious. But then the game turns sour again. Earth eyes narrow and teeth grind. Now a good game of insults was fine and all, but this dark horse was taking it off course. There were no guarantees.

Then movement. Thinking the black was moving to attack the gold rears slightly, seeking teeth opening in a mad display of a wicked grin, readying for satisfaction. That’s not how it plays out though. The dark horse’s hooves find mud from recent rains and it splashes with his hooves up onto the proud golden chest. Landing back he see the brute snaking her away. With that look he knew exactly what was going on there (at least he thought he did). They weren’t just going for a picnic with Morir’s new herd mates. “Fine, have a fun fuck fest blindy. If that’s all you wanted you could have just said so.” Then he turns and slowly canters about the other way, mud dripping from his chest.

That dark horse was more like the gold than they knew, only the gold was a little more clever, at least in his mind. Though the mud was enough to black list his name, the tri horned had not shattered the gold by any means. No, he simply, made it smolder. Embers dying down to ash, to be relit one day. For you see, true, a battle may be hard one today, but the gold was getting stronger. Not to mention words actually can do more damage more easily than an all-out brawl, or a little splashed mud. Besides, the golden son comforted himself. Mud washes off, but vengeance is permanent scar.

OOC :: @[Morir]
"speech"

Mud will wash,
Hate will not.

Blindy. Snap crackle POP and there went whatever amusement he had felt, any ounce of restraint he might have had and what little sanity he ever might have possessed. The girl was forgotten, even though her fine ass bobbed away right in front of his nose, close enough to reach out and taste should he so wish, despite the husky whispers she offered. Gone was mirth, gone was any desire to play too. Without the slightest bit of warning - though not entirely unprovoked - the blind hellion slam the brakes, spin around and charge the golden stud in a fit of icy, silent rage.

It was as though a haze had lowered over him, muffling all sound and making the world around seem distant and empty. All he could think of was the fucking looser of a horse that had managed to press the one button that would always set him off. Blinded. Loser, bastard, unwanted, useless waste of space; one by one all the old insults came flooding back as though flung at him once more, he thought himself able to hear the ring of mocking laughter in his ears (or was it just the blood rushing to his head?) and all the pent up rage from biting back those long years rushed over him at once.

He didn't scream, didn't shriek in rage; he didn't have the sense to, because all his focus suddenly lay with the bastard up ahead. Uttering neither challenge nor threat Morir pointed his spears at the wiggling fat of Thranduil's buttocks and heaved himself forward, fully intending to drive the black horns as far up the ass as he could. The temper Dröm had feared so was suddenly there in all its cold glory, plain for all to see; and damned be the one who tried to stop him because Morir wanted to kill this asshat and wouldn't stop until he had made him a few more holes to spew crap from.