the Rift

Somewhere, over the rainbow. [Paladin]

Saisands Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SAISANDS                

frozen faces can always melt, push this echo in the outside world

The beautiful tawny figure strolled casually through the cool afternoon after briefly showing herself in the herd meeting. The sun that was making little impact upon the lands and the creatures was high in the heavens, and the duchess's pelt glistened from the glow of it. She sighed; it had been a few days since she had dwelled out into the open except to attend the meeting, finding refuge underneath the small stumps of trees that grew on the Foothills. It was a good place to re-kindle her strength and enthusiasm for finding more about her new homeland. Now was the time that she was beginning to become evermore curious for her surroundings and of course the herd members. But there was one in particular - her leader. With a flick of her flaxen tail silks, she pondered on the idea of knowing the creature, or perhaps even creatures, that she was to be faithful to. She knew that her new leader was of course Paladin, but not having met him personally nor heard much about him, it was of course only natural for her to feel she needed know him. The brute had gotten her approval during the meeting, but now was time to put this judgment to the test.

The rocks scattered about the place were hidden well underneath the herbage and grass, and as she took in the scenery with bright cocoa eyes, it appeared to be more beautiful than she imagined. All that would be perfect now would be a mate to share it with. Her thoughts wandered to the unknown realms of finding true love, being the hopeless romantic that she was. Not necessarily being one to fight, Saisands believed in peace and tranquility, and having lovers and friends to share that with for a lifetime. Death and blood was not on her agenda. Hmmpphhh, some warrior I'd be. Scolding herself slightly, the young femme realised that being so blissful about the world was the wrong attitude to bear in this world. It was a cold and dangerous place, with more creatures willing to rip her to shreds than protect her from her fate. The golden vixen did not know of much suffering in her short life, and she did not wish to experience any, but knowing what she knew now was that everybody had some sort of past they wished to not have been part of. With a heavy heart, Saisands understood that she too would have to endure such tragedies.

"You stupid wimp, pull yourself together." With a melodic high pitched voice, she scolded herself out loud, unaware if anybody was witnessing her talk to herself. She picked her dark tan daggers through the short terrain and began to wander carelessly around. The little duchess had all the time in the world, but she would much rather have been spending it trying to know the herd members. All in good time..

[OOC: Saisands is hoping to get to know Paladin - this post is mainly for that and to discuss a promotion in the ranks.]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

Paladin was still moving slowly because of the wounds on his shoulder. After forcing himself to rinse off and rub the scabs and callouses off of his body (which occurred with much agonized yelling), he limped from the river, moving under the shadow of a tree to close his eyes and try to imagine what life was like without these burns. Never before had he felt something this horrible, and he hated the fact that one of his crimson orbs was permanently shut now as his lid healed.

A gentle, feminine voice caught his attention, and one, velvet ear snapped to the side. Her monologue seemed to be for her ears only, but he was concerned by the fact that she was chiding herself for something he was unaware of. She certainly did not sound like a wimp. The muscular, tall stallion shifted his weight against the tree, opening his one good eye to take a glance at the newcomer.

She was indeed lovely. Her coat was like burnished gold in the sun, and her figure was lithe. Paladin knew that she would have to issue finding a mate with her voice and appearance. The stallion could not help but this of his Soleil, and he grimaced in a smile before limping a little ways into the open to make his presence known. "You do not sound like a wimp to me," he said kindly, smiling crookedly with his burned face.

Unregistered

SAISANDS                

The more that the golden duchess thought of things, the deeper she went into herself. It was only when she heard a deeper voice, the voice of a brute. Instantly, it pulled her back to the surface and she jumped slightly. Brushing this off and blushing out of embarrassment, she turned her beautiful crown slowly to settle her chocolate pools on the owner of the voice. It was Paladin. Her leader, still very much bearing the injuries he had sustained only a short while before, continued to embrace a proud alluring stature that only a handsome beast like himself would. The charcoal shine of his pelt caught her orbs, before she attempted to focus on what it was that she had set out to do.

She watched intently, scanning every crevice of his muscular body before accidently spurting out,
"Your injuries do not waver your handsomeness," shaking her crown with such a ferociousness, she added quickly, "Forgive me, my mind is not in the right place." She stepped all four daggers back and rested her lithe silhouette an inch or two from her initial stance. Dipping her crown in respect for her leader, she spoke in a quiet, melodic voice to him: "I am a wimp to think I can run from the negatives of this world, my lord." She gazed into his crimson orb. If it hadn't have been for his burns sealing his lid shut, she would have possessed both of their scarlet hues with her own pools. Sincerity and trust was what she was placing in her orbs to show her true colours to Paladin - she was an innocent creature.

She decided to forget everything that had just happened, all her mistakes and hoped that his body language would remain positive towards her. Saisands felt a slight tug on her heart, still feeling pitiful of the brute for his injuries. "They will heal, yes?" Her voice, quiet and concerned, travelled over the distance of the terra firma that they stood on. The grass whipped against the bottoms of her pillars as she enjoyed the sun that was giving off some warmth.

Deceased
Tamme

Paladin could not help but feel slightly uncomfortable as her eyes scanned his figure, and he wondered if his wounds were truly ghastly or simply an acceptable disfigurement. He shifted slightly on his hooves, hoping that his movement would snap her out of staring, though he did so subtly, politely. Then, she called him handsome, and he raised a brow curiously. He did not understand his appeal to the female gender, but he would be patient with this very new member of the herd.

The stallion smiled and shook his head. "I am pleased to know that I do not appear completely unsightly," he replied with a small chuckle. "Your apology is unnecessary." He watched as she stepped away from him and wondered why she was so nervous. Paladin often wondered if the nervousness was due to his appearance, title or battle experience. Would they be more comfortable if his eyes were not a bloody crimson? Would they be open if he was not a leader?

When she told him what was bothering her, he smiled sympathetically and sighed. "I have often wondered if I should have run away from my homeland, but I found so much good in this world. You are not a wimp. Everyone reaches a point where running is the safest choice," he explained gently. Then, he sighed. "And if there is one thing that I have learned, negatives, violence, brutality... the world will never be perfect. What is important is that we try to right all of the wrongs we see so that when we die, our souls can rest comfortably."

The stallion grimaced as she mentioned his wounds and let out a short, pointed snort. "Yes," he replied. "Another scar to add to the artwork of violence that is my body." He spoke rather bitterly and cast his eyes back up into her lovely orbs apologetically. "My apologies. I try not to be bitter about my history."

Unregistered

SAISANDS                

She took one glance around her surroundings whilst she waited for her leader's retort. Noticing that the breeze was now blowing even chillier, her flaxen silks played with it, the flowers adorning them ruffling to the direction of the wind. She closed her pools for a moment, just to take in the moment. It felt good, almost like someone was watching over her. With a slight sigh she drew her attention back to the charcoal fawn beast. He shuffled underneath her gaze - even an unintelligent creature could pick out his nervous disposition with her. But then she noticed his eyebrow raising with a different kind of emotion, was it bewilderment? Handsome brutes are always so modest, she thought dejectedly.

Paladin's chirp came wrapped in a chuckle, and it came swiftly. Her lobes caught it with grace as he said her apology was unnecessary. Saisands felt her muscles tense; relaxing wasn't easy in the presence of her new leader. As little as he seemed intimidating, it was still hard to focus and think, let alone speak, clearly.
"That is much appreciated, sir." The golden duchess's words stumbled out in a fairly high pitch, her tone tingling with nerves. Scolding herself slightly, she pulled herself up and let the dying light catch the bleached side of her magnificently beautiful crown. The pretty thing stood and listened intently to Paladin's small speech, captivated by his words and his display. Everyone reaches a point where running is the safest choice... She lingered on that thought, feeling rather guilty as she admitted, "That is probably where you and I differ. I have not yet come across something that was a good reason to flee, like only cowards would." Dipping her virage in what was supposed to appear as respect, was merely a cover up for her to hide the shame in her pools. Her few years had not been spent in the way that a lot of the fellow Helovians would have, and for this she felt like the coward.

She listened to his next verse, his tone growing bitter as he recalled the wounds and how they would form part of the artwork on his broad canvas. With a slight hesitation she replied, "Your apology is unnecessary..." With a slight boldness to accompany her repeat of his words earlier, Saisands titled her crown back and let the amusement shine through her lonely pools.

With a small step back forward towards him, she spoke in a quieter voice. Intending to perhaps settle better in her superior's good books, the golden vixen inquried to something that was perhaps beyond her reach: "How would my lord like me to serve him? I am no warrior, that is true. But I would like to make myself a use to the herd, and to you..." With the sincerity still ringing through her cocoa pools, they pierced innocently at the brute's crimson hues of his one open orb.

Deceased
Tamme

Paladin sighed as she tensed and smiled at her kindly. "Is my appearance that intimidating? Or is it my position?" he asked curiously. Then, the stallion frowned, never liking the discomfort of others in his presence. He desired this herd to be a close group of brothers, sisters and lovers, a place where he was one of them, not always above them. "I am not... an unkind stallion."

Like cowards would. Paladin grimaced at those word and turned his face, crimson eyes staring in the distance. He exhaled shortly and nodded. "I do not like to think of my flee as.... cowardice, but I suppose it might be just that." He grunted, feeling his heart fill with shame. Should he go back? No. There was nothing left. Even Giselle had fled from his old home, and she had practically worshiped the art of war and bloodshed.

Paladin watched as she looked just as ashamed, and he smiled gently. "I suppose we both have pasts that are difficult to reconcile." He muttered those words with a weariness of a warrior locked in a battle that could never be won.

She played on his words then, and he chuckled, finding her rather clever. He smiled and nodded. "Touche," he returned. Then, she called him her lord and he grimaced. "Ah, you can call me Paladin. Those titles of lords and ladies are meant for more refined creatures than myself," he told her honestly. "Warriors are merely one aspect to the safety and profess of a herd," he said quietly, thinking to himself. "Would you like to be a diplomat?" he asked curiously. "You would be responsible for keeping the ties with the other herds healthy as well as greeting newcomers to Helovia and inviting them here."

Unregistered

SAISANDS                

His reply was concerning the way that she had stepped back. Saisands pricked her ears and tried to emphasise that it was not his appearence; it was his position that she felt uncomfortable with, no superior at the height of authority that Paladin was, should be talking to a nobody of the herd such as herself. With this thought, the golden femme dipped her crown and replied with a slow, kind voice,
"In all honesty, my Lord, I find it difficult to think you are speaking to someone such as myself. I feel honoured yet scared at the same time, I am not used to such a thing." She chuckled slightly, trying to seem as lighthearted as possible. The mention of him not being unkind was majorly true, at least it seemed to be. Saisands believed that he was a good leader, who had the majority's interests at heart. "I do not believe you are an unkind stallion, Paladin, that I am sure of." With pulled her crown back up and let a smile spread across her face, justifying her words with the truthful action.

With a flick of her silks, she watched as he pressed on further. A frown crinkled her beautiful features as he retorted, describing himself as a coward. She immediately jumped in to correct him, feeling nothing but respect for him, "Oh no, I never meant it like that! I mean that I, myself, am the coward for fleeing at such small things. I must learn to harden up, which no doubt I shall in the coming years..." The dejection he displayed was clouding him, he seemed to be engulfed in some sort of memory, but Saisands dared not inquire to what.

The dark brute tried to lighten the conversation slightly, but the young thing thought it that honesty was the best policy: "In truth, I have no bad past to speak of." The confession made her feel slightly ashamed as she had done nothing nor experienced anything that had had a negative impact on her green life. Paladin, not my Lord. It felt strange to not address him by the correct way, after all, he was a Chief! And he deserved the respect of such a title, but she obeyed. "As you wish, Paladin. However you are my superior, therefore I think you are owed some sort of respect." Her pools shone as she said the words, keeping in track with her thoughts.

Taken aback completely by the offer, the golden vixen began to mumble uncontrollably. Me, a diplomat?! Almost bursting with the idea, she began to settle herself back down into some sort of collected duchess, that she should be. Straightening her posture back up and placing her crown and neck into some comfortable position, she gazed back at the crimson splashed beast and could feel the words screaming to get out. Finally, she gave in and it all came rushing out on her high pitched voice, tainted with excitement. "I would be honoured to!" The happiness was seeping out of her, until she had to pull herself out to ask one question: "Do you think I am worthy of such a position?"

Deceased
Tamme

Paladin smiled kindly at her words. "Ah," he replied. She thought that he was kind, and for that, he was grateful. He felt that he had an undeserved reputation currently, but this newcomer was obviously unbiased. She saw through the scars and the burns to see who he truly was. Something churned uneasily in his gut as the darkness inside him rose; it would always be there, this darkness. Always. His past hung like a shadow of doubt and regret in his mind, full of pain and anger - anger that simmered just beneath the surface all of his life. At times, the shadow turned into an all encompassing night, and he struggled against the darkness in his heart. What about him made him deserve this fate?

"As for my leadership, I wish to be a friend first. I consider leadership a tool for organization, not a... god-like title deserving of submission. I like to think that I am not arrogant enough to think in that way," he said, chuckling just a little.

He watched as her lovely features furrowed at his sadness regarding cowardice, and he then heard the way she backtracked on her words. The attempt and correcting herself was kind, but he was still trapped in the conflict. Was he truly a coward for leaving? Was Giselle right? "Do not let the world harden you too much, Saisands," he warned gently. "You will lose yourself in paranoia and mistrust, and that is not a pretty road to follow." The stallion smiled wanly. "However, thick skin is still an unfortunate necessity when you are dealing with competitive individuals."

He smiled kindly. "Bad is the opinion of the one who experiences the emotion," he replied. "You cannot compare the trauma of your past to another's, for your pain is just as real, even if the story seems different." Paladin was kind, always trying to lift up those around him, make them stronger. After a life of being torn down and all the good inside of his soul stripped away one kill at a time, he wanted to amplify these moral qualities in others. He wished them to feel special. "You respect me by wanting to participate in the herd," he said with a smile. "I cannot shoulder the responsibilities alone. I am but one raindrop in the ocean."

The beautiful little mare's response to his suggestion was heartening, and he smiled a jovial smile. He waited and allowed her to have her full reaction, though his pride swelled. For once, someone thought well of the title he gave, and that just felt good. Her question made him scoff, and he snorted lightly. "Of course you are. You have all of the qualities of a good diplomat. You are sociable, honest, open and fair, all aspects of an individual that suit a traveler with the import job of maintaining peaceful ties."

Unregistered

SAISANDS                

For all his words, Saisands was captivated and fixed entirely upon them. Such a young mind was easily corrupted, and she was elated that she had made the choice for her leader to do so. It was not going to be often that she would meet such kind creatures that were her superiors, she knew this. From the way that Paladin spoke of being hardy and thick skinned for the times ahead, she would need the guidance from creatures such as himself. The dark brute filled her with warmth and even confidence as he went through his words. She spoke softly towards him,
"Friendship is certainly a good starting point for any leader, it builds the relationship between your herd. And I know that you will do right by us."

She paused and held her head, flicking her silks quietly whilst continuing to listen intently. Adding in,
"I hope that I may be of thick enough skin to see me through the years, I grow tired of being myself. And I understand and agree with your thoughts on the differences of past; we still never truly know or appreciate the horrors that others have faced but can only hope that we may be strong enough to share any that lie in the future." The sudden burst of intelligence and wisdom from within her soft, beautiful frame was surprising. The look of surprise was written within her cocoa pools as she stared off into the distance, pondering on this sudden ephinany.

The talk of a possible promotion by her magnificent leader, Paladin, brought her back to life and she immediately stood to attention on her dainty pillars. The feeling of pride swelled within her at his words. Me, a diplomat?! Without hesitation she reciprocated. The happiness and pride glistened in her eyes like the sun shone on her pelt.
"I am ever so grateful that you think me worthy of such an honour, my Lord. And I swear I will do my best to uphold the rank." She smiled warmly to him, watching his charcoal pelt also glisten in the pale sunlight.