the Rift

[OPEN] Can I Ever Make It Up To You [Rejoining?]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

After the random meet up with Paladin and Mauja, Aaron and Alanna continued on their route through the wilds to the Edge. At first as they walked, it was just going to be a visit. He needed to know his family was alright. After everything that had gone on in his life, the young knight knew what was most important. Of course Kimber and Kaiden would always top the list. They would always have his heart. However, those who had called the Edge home for many seasons now also had a sepcial place there too. Kahlua, Kaj, Resplendence... There was so many he could not even name.

Seeing Paladin and Mauja had reminded him of what he had fought for all those years ago. It was true that Mirage was gone, and with her much of the bond of the Qian... But it remainded in those who stayed. He was forever loyal to the Qian, and by that, forever loyal to the Edge. He could not say he would be loyal to the Goddess of the Moon, after all the magic that flowed in his veins was from the God of the Sun. But in truth, he did not worship and God of Helovia. How could he when he had lost all his blood family here.

As the pair arrived at the broken glass wall the painted draft stopped. He closed his eyes for a moment before looking inside the herdland again. Something felt different this time.... Much different than the last time he had visited the Edge.... We're coming home. Alanna stated in his mind simply. He turned his gaze to her and looked questioningly. She simply stated the same thing again. We're coming home. Home.... Yes.... The Edge was and always would be "home". But would his friends and extended family want to welcome him back so easily, after he left them to follow Kimber into the wilds?

"Talking"

Aaron

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
Having made it to the Threshold in an attempt to recruit someone to their home, Kahlua now wandered the Edge. Her intention was to do a quick round of the forest, to make sure everything was in place and that her presence was not required anywhere. After all, she had spent so much time on the island as of late, who knew what had happened in the Edge. However, it seemed that peace remained or her warriors had done well. As she wandered the draconian forest, there was nothing of interest for her to see other than a few fallen trees that had not been fallen before. She smiled gratefully, bowing her head I honor of the Lady Moon who kept them all safe, and then headed towards the shattered wall. Soon, very soon, Dragomir had promised to clear it to make way for a greenhouse. What an adventure that would be.

How serendipitous it was, then, that as she made her way back to the wall she should see a familiar face just down the shattered remains. “Aaron!” she cried out, bounding over to home with all of the child-like wonder that a queen should not possess. Oh, he was back, what a wonderful day for her. She nickered happily, a brilliant soprano laugh falling from her lips- joy at seeing her long-lost glazier returned to the ancient woods. “Oh, I told you that you're always welcome, come in, come in!” she urged him, closing the gap that remained between she and the painted stallion.

And so it was that she practically bounced up to him, reaching out to nudge his neck happily- perhaps far more jubilant than he would have liked- but the queen was effusive, her emotions worn on her painted sleeves. Tossing her head inward, she encouraged him into the Edge. “I was just checking up here. Have you seen the island in the sky, isn't it brilliant!? It's just fantastic up there, and getting to ride the clouds, oh,” she sighed dreamily, “It's like getting to fly!” And she laughed again, before realizing that she was talking too much and listening too little. “But never mind all of that. How are you, how have you been, how is your friend doing?” And so she managed to silence herself long enough to listen to what he might have to say, blue eyes twinkling all the while and the grand return of Aaron.

@[Aaron]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

As always, the first to greet him is Kahlua. How he wished he too could be as sweet and innocent as she is. But running from Isilme with his mother, the murders of his family and the to early deaths of his sisters had long ripped innocence away. Even Alanna was not innocent to the ways of this world. He accepted the nudge to his neck, grateful for the affection. It was true, it did stir emotions within him. The urge to protect the painted girl and keep her innocent. More like a, brotherly affection. He returned the motion before speaking. "It's good to see you again Kahlua." With that he smiled.

She quickly spoke again, and he listened closely. Something about an island in the sky. His ears perked, having not heard of this island at all. Not sure I like the flying idea Alanna spoke in his mind. "Perhaps you can show me the way? One thing about being on your own, you do not know what you have not seen." Of course conversation returned to him and Kimber. Inside he felt his heart ache. He had left to be with Kimber, to protect her, to keep her safe from whatever life in the wilds held.. Yet somehow he had failed.

He had failed the Edge by leaving, and failed Kimber by not staying with her at all times. Maybe he shouldn't of even come back. We are HOME Alanna stressed in his mind. She moved forward to rub against Kahlua's legs, her icy blue eyes looking to the Queen, wishing she had a way to explain. But since she did not, it left Aaron to speak instead. "Things have not gone as planned... We thankfully ran into no trouble, but Kimber and I somehow got separated." He sighed, letting the girl he felt was a sister to him now know exactly what Alanna knew. "I can only hope she and her bonded are alright, or that maybe she left to check on her mother or something. I miss her." He closed his eyes for a moment before speaking again. "That is why I am here. I want to come home... I should of never left in the first place. My blood family may be gone, but my family in the Qian is still here. You, Kaj, Resplendence, among several others. I ask to take back my place as a Glazier, unless my place has already been filled." There, it was said. Now to wait and see what the Queen, his sister, would say.

"Talking"

Aaron

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
Oh, to feel Aaron's touch again. From enemies to friends, they had been part of a very curious relationship, but the queen would not have changed it for the world. She nickered pleasantly as his nose touched her neck and she could fill it in her heart before he had even spoken the words- he was home. But first there were islands to speak of, which it seemed Aaron had not yet been privy to. “Oh, of course, it's just over the gods' shrines!” She'd be happy to return there. Anything would be better than hiding out in the wood, so lonely as she was, though the loneliness was quickly fading away as Alanna came forward to rub against her legs.

She frowned at the appropriate location in his story, sorry to hear that he had gotten separated from Kimber but secretly (probably not so secretly) happy. After all, his separation had led him back here. But missing her was something she could understand plainly enough. She had her own such troubles... Maybe Aaron would be the one she could speak to about them. At least her smile could return for the moment, and as brilliant as the dawning sun. Aaron returning, and to be their Glazier again. “Oh Aaron, we saved it just for you. We knew you'd be back. Dragomir and Kaj and everyone else are going to be so happy! I'm so happy!” she cooed, tossing her head, inviting him to walk with her as they talked. She needed to continue her trek down the shattered wall.

“Aaron, can I ask you a question?” Of course, she already assumed the answer was yes and so she continued on a few moments later, her joyous demeanor dropped down a notch or three. “What is it like to love her?” She frowned. Love to her meant only chains and cages, restriction when she wanted freedom, but Kaj had seemed to think there was so much more to it. She need to find out what that was.

@[Aaron]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post