the Rift

[OPEN] forever a stranger

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

so i pulled the trigger and we floated up

Drowning in what is an oddly sweet, refreshing, though in the background, depressing kind of scent that is held by the salt in the air, what was once so quiet except for the calming sound of waves against the sand is so rudely interrupted by a yell.
Startled almost instantly, her legs shift awkwardly below her, prepared for the task of fleeing. Nervous ears swivel about her head at their mounted points while her eyes sweep the area for the owner of that yell. Distant cries of once sleeping birds alert her she wasn't the only one to hear the voice. Anxiety coils within the pit of her barrel as it wraps itself with her intestines. She shakes in her coffin, trying to think if it's best to either dart down to the sea where the voice was loudest, or to turn tail and hope she can climb up and down dunes fast enough.
She's chosen the first by the time she's aware she's skidding down the facade of the dune, sand either pushed to the side or thrown outward as she ski's her casket to the sea, ending her descent with a short leap off the inclines down to the ground. It shifts below, adjusting when there is no more dune weeds to hold it in place. Seconds tick by in what must feel like hours, stiff-bodied in fear of what she can't see, and of what can probably see her.
"W-who's there..?" Her voice trembles, each unique sound of her words refusing expellsion in fear of what would come roaring back to her. The lack of noise sends a shiver down her spine, stepping towards the water in hopes that it is nothing more than the misunderstood call of an unseen sea creature.

OOC: I'm so sorry for the wait and badness of this post. My muse has been a bit harsh on me lately.

520 , Evangeline sorry for the wait!

EDIT: SCREAMS I MESSED THIS ONE UP. I'M SO SORRY.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

'Should be home.' Tallis huffed at Evangeline, highly displeased that the mare had wandered so far out of the Edge's borders and had lingered for so long. Now it was dark and who knew what would be lurking in the dark? Not only that, but it was Orangemoon and the cold was beginning to come in from the north and it was dangerous to light fires at night outside of the Edge to keep warm because it would attract predators...

Evangeline began to tune out the dragon as his tirade continued about how she should be home instead of wandering around. She had left to track down some herbs that did not grow natively in the Edge as a little bit of a surprise for the quiet healer. She, of course, had not found the herbs she had wanted because she had been distracted by the ocean. Everytime she saw it she remembered Isilme. She remembered the bodies on the sand, the blood in the water, horns piercing flesh, screams and cries of agony and desperation. Before she had known it the sun had already dipped below the horizon and the moon had risen.

'EVA!' Tallis' sharp voice cut through and the orange mare winced. "WHAT?!" She could not help but yell back at the dragon, her eyes narrowing on him as he hovered, barely visible, in the moonlight. 'DON'T YELL!' He shouted back. "STOP SHOUTING AT ME!" She shouted back at the orange dragon. She had grown tired of his constant nagging since the sun had set. She was a grown mare and could make decisions of where she wanted to go without him chastising her constantly. Who really cared if she was out past sunset, it wasn't like she had a bedtime.

The pair glared at one another for a moment before Tallis directed Eva's gaze down the beach. 'Look.' he said. 'What is it?' The two remained motionless for a moment as they stared at the faintly glowing something. "I don't know." The mare's voice had fallen to a whisper. A minute passed and, unable to fight the curiosity gnawing at her, she moved toward it.

"."

@[Sikeax]

Credits

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

so i pulled the trigger and we floated up

Drowning in what is an oddly sweet, refreshing, though in the background, depressing kind of scent that is held by the salt in the air, what was once so quiet except for the calming sound of waves against the sand is so rudely interrupted by a yell.
Startled almost instantly, her legs shift awkwardly below her, prepared for the task of fleeing. Nervous ears swivel about her head at their mounted points while her eyes sweep the area for the owner of that yell. Distant cries of once sleeping birds alert her she wasn't the only one to hear the voice. Anxiety coils within the pit of her barrel as it wraps itself with her intestines. She shakes in her coffin, trying to think if it's best to either dart down to the sea where the voice was loudest, or to turn tail and hope she can climb up and down dunes fast enough.
She's chosen the first by the time she's aware she's skidding down the facade of the dune, sand either pushed to the side or thrown outward as she ski's her casket to the sea, ending her descent with a short leap off the inclines down to the ground. It shifts below, adjusting when there is no more dune weeds to hold it in place. Seconds tick by in what must feel like hours, stiff-bodied in fear of what she can't see, and of what can probably see her.
"W-who's there..?" Her voice trembles, each unique sound of her words refusing expellsion in fear of what would come roaring back to her. The lack of noise sends a shiver down her spine, stepping towards the water in hopes that it is nothing more than the misunderstood call of an unseen sea creature.

OOC: I'm so sorry for the wait and badness of this post. My muse has been a bit harsh on me lately.

@[Evangeline]

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Evangeline could hear the faint sound of movement and in the distance she could see the glowing something that Tallis had pointed out to her move. Whatever it was, she thought, was likely startled by her outburst at the dragon. It was wholly uncharaceristic of her and she realized that she had already made a bad first impression. She could feel that Tallis didn't seem to care about what impression she made as he mentally prodded her about not going investigate the glowing thing in the dark.

"W-who's there..?"

The orange mare paused, her ears tilting forward as she heard the shaky voice. Her head turned and she glanced up at the dragon who was still trying to warn her away. "We scared her, Tallis." Eva said. 'You.' The dragon replied. 'You yell. You scare.' Evangeline snorted and rolled her eyes at the dragon. "Its your fault for yelling at me first." She argued.

When Tallis didn't say anything the mare continued forward and step by step the something became recognizable. The glowing turned out to be a young unicorn mare's horn. Eva's pace slowed and she came to a standstill several yards away from the unicorn. "Hello. I'm terribly sorry if we startled you. We were having a bit of a disagreement." As Eva spoke of her and Tallis' disagreement the dragon landed upon her back, making his bonded wince as he pinched her with his claws. "I am Evangeline. He's Tallis."

ooc:// omg, so sorry for the wait

"."

@[Sikeax]

Credits