the Rift

[OPEN] Sleep is for the weary (seele, bel)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

These wings ached from traveling a long distance and normally sharp eyes had grown dim from a lack of much needed sleep; not to mention my mood hadn’t improved in recent moments. One of our newbloods, a spy, followed at heel – her voice the only reason I was still awake at this hour instead of resting in preparation for another trip out come morning the next day. We sought Seele, mostly because I sensed that the oddly painted mare wouldn’t be satisfied with anything less – and being the ever helpful ruler of this land…I was all willing to help see her needs met till burst.

As we walked the sun slipped higher, throwing scattered light above us to filter down from the canopy; our home was heating up for yet another muggy day. I sighed, the breath coming forth as a soft pant that hinted nothing toward visible frustration – though was measured evenly enough to be considered irritable. “Seele?” I called as we approached an opening ahead of the timber.

Oak and spruce spread apart, rays of sunlight broke cover and carried us to an open meadow, gaze drifted toward yon distant treeline in hopes that she would be traveling to the river through here– or grazing on sweet grass glazed by morning dew. Her ebony lips sipping at the moisture before a high sun dried it all up. Neither possibility appeared to be happening at this exact moment. Ivory banner flicked against flanks with growing agitation; instead of lingering I stepped clear of the line and prepared to cross this field, hunting the other likely locations.

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Sleep. Sleep was amazing. Really, it was all that Seele wanted. It quieted the voices in her head and allowed her to think about her recent rendezvous. Her mind spinning, taking in the recent interaction with Midas. It was strange, how comfortable she felt when near him. He seemed to - for the most part - block out the paranoia which flooded her brain at all moments. So, she was blissfully (or as blissfully as one could for not feeling any emotions) sleeping beneath the canopies. But, when her name was called out she let out a short groan, mind recognizing the caller before her body and so she moved forward. Her eyes were hazed over, bodice running straight into some low hanging branches and getting twigs and leaves stuck in her hair. "Fick dich, bäume," she hissed under her breath before trying to shake them from her thick tresses and only making it worse.

So, when she finally appeared before Midas she let out a short hiss of disdain. "You are getting these twigs out since you're the reason they're there." she grumbled, directed specifically at Midas. You see, I knew I had taught her well. Being immaculate was important. "Now what's so necessary you had to wake me up," she says, once again trying to shake the leaves and twigs from their spots and managing to get a couple out. Reminder to Seele - don't try to go anywhere in a haze, it's not intelligent. Well, at least some of the twigs almost looked like a crown of thorns. Nope. Just kidding. She really just needed them off of her skull.

Hazy, slightly annoyed orbs, are what finally lay to rest upon the pair before her. This really better be important.

fick dich, baume = fuck you, trees
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte

A bone shatters, fall apart and hit the floor
If it doesn't thrill you it doesn't matter any more
</style>

It is not until the painted stallion calls for their leader that the bird finally removes the sneer that seems to permanently mark her face. He has not proven to be a very cheery companion on their short journey to the meadow. I wonder what sort of thorn has stuck itself in his ass. She has become as prickly as her metaphor suggests, and the maiden has quickly learned that keeping her mouth shut is definitely the best option. The pegasus is definitely not ignoring her now.

Instead of being the impatient creature that she usually is, the warrior seizes this opportunity to get some grazing in. She has flown from one spot to the next like a hummingbird in search of pollen, attempting to recruit members for their herd (and failing miserably) as well as waging war with Gods. It is hard to believe that the woman has ever lead a dull life, although in comparison to some she might be doing just that. There are plenty here who have acquired magic or tamed a companion, after all. The spy wonders briefly if the Czarina fits into that category. Perhaps she will grace the colorful bird with a performance of her might one day.

A golden gaze follows an equally brilliant bird as her master traverses the lush meadow before them. As hard as the peahen might try to appear indifferent to the burning figure upon his back, she cannot help but be slightly concerned for him. How has such a creature managed to survive? More importantly, how has it not killed him yet? An attentive stare glimpses a matted and very twiggy form emerging from the line of trees. How has she not killed him yet? Blue kissers form an amused line as the little vixens starts to make demands. Well, she certainly fits her role.

"It is good to see you, little dagger." The cruel bird's tones are actually quite affectionate when they address the unicorn. It has been quite some time since the two ladies have last had a chance to speak. Although neither of them seem to be in a good enough mood for it, there is nothing to stop it from happening. "I think that you will like what you hear, if what this brute says is true." Unbeknownst to her, the bird has just committed a rather unintelligent act. But how is she to know who this stranger is? He gives off an authoritative air but, then again, so does she.

As if to make up for her uncertainty of his identity, the blunt bird caws an introduction. "Bellona, by the way. Newly appointed spy."

"blah blah blah."

@[Midas]

mac4creativePeople @ flickr.com

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

We hadn’t made it all the way across the field when Seele emerged, hair distraught and eyes wide with unshed sleep still lingering in their corners. I stilled as she turned to me, gaze pointing and narrow. The words which flowed free weren’t the cry of annoyance to be expected. Nay, she only wanted me to pull the debris from her locks. For a moment a pass of surprise took full control, pushing the weary lines of my face ajar for a brief second. The moment faded when my colead pressed for the reason of our venture.

Before a single word could be uttered in response. The lovely…spy girl over took my attempt. Gaze shifted, brows drawing humorlessly together when her tone took unfavorable turn in my direction. Normally the calm one, normally passive and understanding in all things.

I frowned when her name was finally given life; crown turned to regard the strangely colored lass firmly and without flinch. The tired glaze in my eyes had momentarily fled entirely, “And I am Midas. Czar of this land,” words came free as a hardened warning, and the only one she’d get. I’d not deal with newbloods usurping their betters and being purposely disrespectful. There were those in these woods that would be unkind to such advances – and today wasn’t a good morn to be rubbing feathers the wrong direction.

Sand. I called for it from the ground, urging it up from the center of my being – its golden texture crept across earth, stretching toward the dark female with hungry fingers that slowly levitated into the air. The golden tendrils drifted out, slowly approaching the mess that was clinging ever tightly to my coleads mane. “Be still sister.” I voiced, gentler now.

The delicate fingers did their work while I talked, “There is an island drifting among the clouds near the ocean, southeast of here and west of dragon’s throat.” A pause, to pull gently at a stubborn twig. My gaze momentarily left her honeyed stare, lingering on the silken lock that said branch was so snugly attached, “I’ve already broke words with our Preator. He gathers a clutch of troops to accompany me before dawn tomorrow. Ye is welcome to join us.” With patience and gentle prying the stick gave way, dropping its hold and falling to the ground. “I’ve already searched the skies and land below, they seem by appearance to be secure.”

Small bits of leaf debris litter her spine, gently I pull the fingers of sand to run feather light kisses along the contours. She’d find that the touch would be light, as if silk was running across skin and not smooth granules. Pools drift back to her face, catching those eyes that are so hauntingly like my own. A small piece of greenish, brown is still sticking from her forelock. Absently I drift muzzle forward, seemingly about to plant a very loving kiss upon forehead before lips slide close around the bitter tasting plant. There is a heartbeat that my breath lingers on her skin before the limb is pulled free.

credits

Abba
Tired. She was definitely tired. Hazy eyes continued to linger back upon the painted stag's form to remind herself that there was no need for the paranoia. The peacock spoke, saying it was good to see her, and it only caused Seele to blink some of the sleep from her eyes and actually turn her attention back to the other mare. "Likewise," she says hoarsely, before the other one seems to forget the main portion of respect. Really, this better be good. I'm not in any mood for games at the moment - not when I'm fighting with Innerste every five seconds to keep her from playing her little games.

However, before Seele could speak, Midas is announcing his position. Eyes narrow a little as she looks towards the strangely feathered one, "It is best to keep respect when you do not know who you are facing," she grumbles a little before impatiently looking back towards Midas for whatever this news was. But, first, he does as she had asked (or asked as politely as she could after being woken up). Tendrils of sand begin to pool from his feet and stretch out towards her, causing her frame to jerk back uncertainly at these creatures now wishing for her flesh, but his gentle voice keeps her rooted in place, head thrown up a little higher in uncertainty as she held her breath. They're going to EAT you, Unheil tried to send Seele into a panic, but my stern demeanor kept her in place. Really, he was just an annoying brute. And, so she swallowed and repeated the phrase hat he wouldn't hurt her over and over again until his voice came back out. It was then she resolved herself to concentrate upon that and take in all of the information which he gave her.

He only paused once, to actually concentrate upon peeling the twig from its clutches upon her hair and slowly she began to relax, feeling the smooth tendrils press against her frame was actually turning into a comfort. "Good, good" she says in response to all of his words before she feels the arms of sand begin to brush across her contours. A chill runs down her spine, albeit a good one - one that longs for more of that touch and that desire flickers through her orbs for a good moment until she meets his and tries to force it from the grasps. However, he is not done, and as he leans in her breath catches in her throat - feeling the ghosting of his maw across her forelock and the warm breath that rests there before the sound of a leaf being pulled out forces her eyes back open and straight into the reality before her.

She is stunned, or so it seems, as her mind reels and each of us (as her voices) dare to speak at the same time. Jumbled thoughts of pleasure and safety are mixed with the low, cutting tones of the necessity of strength, so with a confused mind she shakes her head ever so slightly and blinks a few times to ground herself once more - the voices falling silent for the time being even though I had no desire to do such a thing. "I would love to join you. And thank you," she says, the gratitude directed to her now immaculate appearance before turning back towards Bellona. "Now, what is it that you wanted?" she inquires, continually peering over towards Midas from the corner of her eye. We need sleep. If you want us to do anything you better damn well let us sleep! Unheil complains and Seele can do nothing but agree. It seems as though Midas might be in need of it as well. Perhaps after this conversation they could both go and rest under the canopies until morning dared to hit.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

urmagawd feels ;-;
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Hidden Account

</style>

Her leaders' reactions come to the bird like a sluggish stream of water, barely breaching the walls of her thick skull as she takes the information in. She almost can't believe that this male is her Czar, but the tentative affection that the two dominants possess for another make their positions clear. Even if they are not mates, per say, they share a tender bond that the bird has no business severing. Unfortunately for the now downcast hybrid, the damage has already been done.

"My apologies." The proud creature bows under the weight of the unicorn's words. She has disappointed her Czarina, and she feels a sharp pang in her bloody breast. It is not betrayal that pains her so, but a sense of sudden unworthiness to be in the presence of one that she hopes to please.

How am I to blame for his inability to declare his status? The tribeswoman has certainly forgotten that she is the one who has not spent much time in their herd lands; if she had not been flitting from one territory to the next, perhaps she would have encountered the Gallant sooner. But for now the ambitious creature succumbs to wallowing in her fury. Anger sparks in the peahen's golden eyes, and she trains her gaze on the grass between her hooves to hide the look. She despises being put into her place. The leads are too busy fawning over each other to notice her anyway, yet she still rushes to mask her dark emotion with a more presentable expression.

A searching stare discovers that her superiors have finished grooming one another. The pair of them hold their heads in a stance that speaks of exhaustion and, for the little red one, perhaps a sense of longing. The bird raises her head and stretches her wings out with a forced sigh. May as well give them some time alone. She attempts to regain control of herself before making any further requests.

"I understand that strength is important to have when venturing out into the unknown, but a keen eye is just as useful." The maiden's tone is guarded, and if it were to be given a form, it would look very much like a dog who has been beaten into submission. It is very unlike the colorful specimen to speak in such a way, but she no longer wishes to keep the weary from their sleep. "I'd like to accompany the party that is venturing to the island, in short." And I'd like a chance to get away from you, is the silent addition. From the looks of it, the hot-tempered warrior is not the only one who needs to cool off.

"blah blah blah."

@[Midas] {Just wanted to apologize for her horrible mood. I really don't mean to offend! ^-^}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

It was unmistakable the way her gentle inhale lodged itself in the back of throat, hitching and freezing my efforts in one motion. I paused, titling back to gaze at her closed lids. The faintest hints of a storm collected in my eyes, their center darkened with a familiar emotion. Desire. Aye, it would be a lie to call it anything else – first and foremost I was a man; and more often than not a lonely one. She shifted, moving those shields to reveal gold. I stiffened and withdrew…with effort those clouds cleared. I allowed my sand to fall aside, sinking back into earth. Aureate haloed around us, a light dusting of my element that lingered on the grass before disappearing. All of this happening in seconds, yet during those few moments my resolve had trembled; and…I didn’t resent it.

These games...

Her voice broke thoughts apart; Seele agreed to travel with us, quiet thanks clearing from her lips – unnecessary though seemingly informal in their note. I nodded, acknowledging without adding extra words because they felt deeply driven into my chest.

The feathered lass spoke up again, correcting her mistake without biting tongue. I turned crown to regard her with a kinder look, an accepting one, the beginnings of a smile slipped corners higher. It wasn’t my intention to carry family into a state of formalities, nor was I often one to use my title to gain leverage above others. At Bellona’s request rich vocals rose, considerate of her desire, “Aye, I see no reason why ye can’t join.” With the approval of her commander of course; one brow rose inquisitively – angling to gaze back at the dark lass for any additional feedback.

credits

Abba
He seems to pause, as his maw flickers across her forehead - just barely avoiding the edges of her crystalline horn. No words can come to her at this time, nor do I dare allow for them to either. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not. After all, more strength on her side was always a plus but I had been working my entire life to keep her emotionless (as it was the only way I knew to ensure her soul's safety from the shrapnel that came with emotional hardship). But, as her own eyes open flooded with the tinges of desire to continue to feel his touch (something she had never wanted from anyone or anything before, having always been to awkward to understand the connection when she couldn’t quite get the feeling of it) against some part of her - any part at all. She recognizes the dark pools, though is unable to associate it with the rapid thumping in her chest and the craving of his touch which has whirl-pooled into her own strange form of desire. The gleams in their eyes only last a few seconds though, both seeming to shudder it out of their minds, their bodies, before it became too overwhelming for their physical bodies to handle.

So, hazy eyes lock in on the brightly coloured mare with general interest for the information which was supposed to be falling from her lips. Alas, I cannot say that I was at all entertained by this prospect at all. So I simply curled up in the deep recesses of Seele's mind for the moment, waylaying my duties as her father for the moment while Liebling and Innerste pulled up to the forefront of her mind. The coloured mare asks to accompany the pair as well as the troops to the Island and Seele gently nods her head. "I don't see why not. Now, go get some rest - like I'd been trying to do," she says, flickers of her tone showing the glimmers of approval at this mare's initiative to work. Then, she turns her attention back to the painted stag who had an inquisitive brow raised.

It seems to take a moment for her voice to even pull out - we are, after all, begging for her to stay with him for now. It has made her better - it lessened the desire to hide herself in the shadows and rather increased her manner of going out in the open and being the leader she should be. It is a quiet voice, almost completely under her breath, which emerges from her maw when she finally does speak. Consonants still harsh, but tone sweeter. "We should go sleep." She slides in closer to him as she speaks - eyes pleading for some form of contact with him as she tries to meet his gaze. She wants the paranoia gone, to forget it all and stay with her heart rapidly beating in the thrill of the world. She wants to figure out what this physical response even means - for she knows that her own mind doesn't register it even if her voices do. But, still, nothing they say to try and explain would make sense to this mare. So she craves, and hopes, that he will either allow her to slide in next to him wherever he wished to sleep or that he would press up next to her in the darkness - keeping her hidden from sight. The desire crawls back in again as she whispers one last sentence, "shall we?" and then she blinks it away right after she meets his gaze if he'd allow it.

Please teach her right… let her see that light… Innerste prays with Liebling's silent support. Please…

Normal
Voices
"Speech"
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Hidden Account

</style>

Confusion bubbles up inside the mare like lava, and she swings her wings around to dispel the heat. For a moment the warrior is concerned with the affairs of her herd: is it wise to bestow leadership to a pair of lustful beasts? From the information that she has gathered here today, the bird discovers that love makes one blind. Oh, wait... Is that not how that line goes? Nevertheless, the beauty has made a delicious meal from the bitter leftovers of the day's interactions. If her two leads could be so easily swayed by a tousled mane and well-placed apology, then what else can she exploit from this?

Hiding her thoughts from the two distracted midgets, the peahen turns a bright stare to the atmosphere surrounding her. The cogs in her brain have begun to turn, but she halts all cranial productions for now. There is another who will be delighted to hear her news. And perhaps he will have something for me? The flashy bird does not allow her hopes to gain much ground before she shatters them. Do I really trust the giant? No. I do not. She will meet with him anyway, if not to plan for revolution than to strengthen the tentative alliance between them. For now, however, the dutiful -- if not loyal -- spy must work on other relationships.

"Then I shall leave you. Czar. Czarina." A blue head bobs in gratification as well in a farewell as the bird turns to leave. It appears that the lady of red has the right idea, and sleep sounds welcoming right about now. Despite their restlessness broad wings remain at colored sides, and a green tail lashes as the deceptive woman departs. A wicked smile graces blue lips before she is truly gone. To the future.

"blah blah blah."

@[Midas] {Bellona is out! I guess this will continue at the herd meeting, then?}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Bellona would need to learn that a kind word in this family served to carry her desires higher than one spoken in harsher manner. Even with faults, our correction was faint and why shouldn’t it be? No true sin had been committed, so why should she be punished further for something so minor? Obedience was commanded, but during moments of true grief and trouble there would be no quarter in my tone.

This gentle, almost complacent side could shift into one not so easily swayed from anger. Like earth himself, I was slow to the fuse and slow to speak; though it would be unwise to mistake such as a weakness. If anything, my forgiveness was a boon that resulted in many more friends than enemies. She takes her leave of us, I offer the lass a small parting smirk. Dark chin tucking momentarily in a sharp soldiers salute – one that offered respect that she’d yet to earn.

Trust was built upon and it didn’t come overnight.

I was about to turn round and give Seele a final farewell; she’d mentioned something along the lines of sleep – a thing that was slowly starting to creep forward in the dark recesses of my cranium again, making me realize just how tired this body was. Docile gaze drifted toward her frame, rising to her face when those lips broke apart again. Blond eyes steady in their purpose, holding mine in place without flinch or hesitation. The dark woman stepped forward, boldly, pools alive and nearly pleading.

Could she hear how my pulse jumped when those limbs drew her ever closer– seen the flash of lightening and awareness flicker beyond a hungry stare? I leaned ahead, allowing a held breath out, listening keenly as she invited me in. I knew that if I reached out, touched her skin with erotic nips of teeth. It would sooth us both, feed this little game; it would tingle with little jolts of electricity and the world would cease to exist.

There was an overwhelming desire to give in to wherever this led, slip my whiskered muzzle across her shoulder, leave little kisses, and inhale the sweet smell of mare, of woman. We could easily fan whatever spark this was into a flame, an inferno that would consume us both.

I smiled ever so slightly, looking in some ways like an uninhibited child – “Yar,” her scent was like a drug, and I’d only received a small dose, “Sounds like a fine idea.” Fina shuffled, her flaming head poking from the corner of one wing; eyes glued to the back of my skull – “Lead the way.”

OOC: I'll post another thread in the island shortly and message ya both with a link ^^
credits

Abba
Gold eyes met his, and they seemed to lock as if they had a purpose. She doesn't realize the effect she's having on him. She doesn't understand how she could create any affects upon anyone. She was too strange for anyone to care, to understand, to really wish to be around. Hell, she'd accepted that long ago - and the lack of emotions had only made it that much easier to resort to the shadows and allow the paranoia to sink its teeth in ever deeper.

He leaned forward, breath barely gracing against her flesh before his lips tilted up in the form of a smile. He agrees, and then tells her to lead the way. It is as if a weight is lifted from her drowning soul. Being in the light has brought the paranoid delusions to full light again. She so desperately wishes to hide in the shadows, to not allow these threats to see her. But he seems to dull them. The scent of pine, sweat, power all mingled into one intoxicating odor which seemed to clog the overactive parts of her brain. But it was more than that - it was the way he spoke which seemed to twist her mind in different fashions. It seemed to push the paranoia back, explaining that he would be the one person not to cause her more distress. She couldn't have known that the feather still lodged in her tail would be so meaningful today - like the broken glass heart which was also carefully placed there. Perhaps the Earth God had shoved them together for a stronger purpose, to allow Seele to grow and to understand what it really meant to be free and strong.

So she swallows, trying to avoid sounding weak. "Thank you," but her vocals betray her and while she doubts he understands her complete reasoning for her request, she can already feel the prodding reminds of being jumped and eaten beginning to fade. I gently lead her back toward the shadows, her body swaying gently as she starts to disappear. Yet, she still apologizes - hazy mind rambling a little and words starting to slur slightly from the exhaustion. "Sorry - darkness is all… feels safe," words cut out a bit as she presses her haunches back up against the tree - protecting at least one side of her frame from immediate attack as she seems to disappear almost completely.

Hazy eyes are drooping, though the desire for his touch is replaced with some kind of figment of panic, paranoia settling in deeper and deeper the more exhausted she gets. More weakness. It hurts her to even think of it - the way Schwere pounds her skull in complaints sending fragments of headaches through her skull. However, Innerste tells her she must explain and so she forces it out. "I-Can you… I can't be alone right now… Can you- please stay?" Her voice shot - evidence of the weight of the paranoia clouding all of her features, her movements, her mind. There is light - moonlight, but light all the same - just barely touching her shoulder, her barrel. She can feel it, and so her hair prickles and she shies away from it, just knowing if someone can see her so clearly she'll get eaten.

And under her breath, "I'm sorry for being weak. Entschuldigung"

Translation

Entschuldigung = (roughly) forgive me/sorry -- i've seen it used in "forgive me father, for i have sinned" depending on who says it. XD
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Nay, she should have known. Hell, all women should know the cruel ways they teased and tugged at the hearts of those around them. Stallions, men without the resolve to hold fast – peer past the dangerous light and thundering gaze. I’d submitted to this before, surrendered everything without question. Where had that led me? Lonely, longing, desiring contact just as much as she; yet knowing my wounds had only begun to seal, shredding open the stitches now could result in a bleed out.

“Midas.” Was that pity in her voice? Fina looked on, eyes surprisingly soft and understanding. A rare thing as they peered into my thoughts – into the sad little heart that only wanted the impossible. Only the impossible. “Sleep.” I stiffened, and shuffled limbs forward, following the dark hips of a woman. I kept my distance from her, knowing that if we drew close – I’d be weakened again.

Don’t thank me, my friend. I’m not a safe person to be around – and this will only lead to a greater hurt down the road. Couldn’t she see that? Everyone I drew close to, my ex mate, my children, the closest of kin. They left, or I chose honor above their needs. And this angry cycle continued.

We pressed into woods, beneath a thick canopy of branch and foliage. It blocked out most light and darkened our world in shadows – crown rose from its hanging position, eyes narrowing, adjusting to the faint glow. The black made her feel safe? Secure? I frowned but said nothing, it was likely she couldn’t see my expression anyway.

Again she spoke, this time pleading me to linger, to stay. Why? I’m almost tempted to ask, what did she want from me? An apology, for…weakness? “I’m here.” Voice is soft, compassionate, I didn’t know how to solve her problems anymore than I knew how to solve mine, “Rest, send thoughts to a more peaceful place and know that I will be near.” Slowly my feet carry me to her left, circling round the tree until I was the one standing between the timberline. Crown lowered again, this time allowing my eyes to slither shut – ears twitched forward, listening for the steady rhythm of breathing and the change of exhale that would signal sleep.

“Midas…” Fina again, one ear slips back, a silent acknowledgement, softly she replies, “Ye could walk away.”

Nay. I couldn’t.

Who fell into the abyss first?

credits