the Rift

[OPEN] I Think I Like The Pain [Joining]

Jakar Posts: 14
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vitani :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Adoptable

The meeting with the Engineer in the Threshold left me with a few questions as I made my way to the north in search of the metal beasts he had told me to keep an eye open for. The bronzed stallion had said something about the Basin accepting only those of "our kind" had I managed to find myself in the middle of another land similar to that of my father's? Were we, the unicorns, still the superior race? Or had the other species somehow managed to run us out of the rest of the lands and hide us away in the mountain range. If the latter were the answer, then I would be getting out of here as soon as I found the beautiful varnished mare and taking her somewhere we could spend the rest of our lives living like the King and Queen we were meant to be.
I snorted softly as my canter slowed down into a quick, easy trot, my three dark and one pale hooves plowing through the thick snow easily as I wound my way further and further into the mountain range. So far I had seen nothing but white. And I had to admit that for a moment I thought the bronzed had sent me on a wild goose chase for answering his questions with other questions, but I doubted the creature was that sinister.
Then again, you could never judge a book by it's cover.
Dark trimmed harks flicked back into my frosted dreads as the white grey sky opened up and snow began it's slow descent to the already blanketed Earth around me. A grumble passed between my sooty kissers as I shrugged my way through the beginnings of the snow storm, praying to whatever god was listening that I would be able to find the entrance before the snow took over...
As if there were actually some god listening to my absentminded prayers, a dark form at the mouth of a passage way drew my attention away from the blinding whiteness of the snow. Darkened harks flicked forwards, throwing a few snow flakes from them as I picked back into a canter. It didn't take long to reach the mechanical beast that seemed to creak and shift in the wind and for a moment I wondered if it was going to move and greet me into the lands itself. A snort passed through my darkened paper thins as I strode warily past the hulking piece of metal and towards the lands that the Engineer had called the Aurora Basin. So, this was home?
Once I felt I was a safe enough distance away from the metal mountain I ceased my forward movement and sucked in a deep breath. I braced myself against the cold, hoping my thicker coat would grow in quickly and this snow would soon not bother me any more than a cool breeze, before bellowing into the snowy wind. Hopefully someone would answer soon and I could move on with my search for the varnished beauty.

"words."
Tag;; @[Deimos] & @[Illynx] & open
Words;; 509
OOC;; Ulrik sent him here :3

Jakar
going in for the kill
x - x

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

I was wandering. I had nothing better to do, after all, I couldn't train or fight. I however, could learn other skills that required less strenuous work. I was off to see the witch doctor (a name I had came up with and had been referring to him in my own head), or as those who preferred to be formal, The Nightshade. Learn some of his precious plants, and what they did.

Funny how those plans changed so suddenly. A bellow caught my attention as I passed near the giants. I halted in the snow, and I turn my head to see who it was. I did not recognize the bellowing voice. It was new, unfamiliar. My path was now diverted, instead of hunting for d'Artangnan, I was heading towards the newest arrival. From my walk I broke into a trot, a big warmblood trot, that said I was going somewhere.

As I arrive, I see the caller. He is not from here, his coat is not shaggy to protect him from the cold. I tilt my head as I transition from a trot to a lengthy walk. Then I halt before him, ears up, looking at him. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin traveler." I say nodding to him once before meeting his eyes again. "I am Sialia... What is your name?" I ask the bay stallion. His is striking, and handsome, however I have had my fill of men for now. For a long time, actually.. Unless it was that delicious general. I would love a slice of him.

So, I stand waiting for a response from this man, and I doubt that we will be alone for long. It seemed that new arrivals where when all of us adults got together.

"Speech"
Tag;;
Words;; 295
Notes;; It didn't say if you wanted a specific order, so I went ahead and posted... however, if you don't want me too I will delete this post! :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Winter wandered, the Reaper roamed, a wanton warrior cast his wayward chords along the intertwining ice palace; through the haze, through the murk, through the chilling ire and wrath, he stole and absconded, chased an unrelenting yearning, a hazardous desire, of destruction and devastation. Amongst the frigid air, he was the monster lurking in the throngs and hills of snow, he was the face of demons, he was the force of infidels, the treacherous glimpse of the devil’s favored iniquity, breathing molten speculation, molding infernal reveries and rancorous pursuits, but without purpose, without objectives, he was just another fiend lost in the merciless boundaries, a slave to inaction. The undulation of muscles, the advancing mass of demise and licentious bidding emitted its nomadic frame towards the borders, where he’d seemingly existed for days without end, locking his calculating gaze to strangers of their frigid warren, or massacring those who dared to ramble into their homes with treacherous convictions. A new scent upon the wind enlightened him to one more moment along the mountain fringe; he indulged the heretic seams of curiosity, and wondered whether it would be the former or the latter. An enemy promised the Lord, the King, a dip, a lunge, an assult, into the subterfuge, a glance into the humming, crooning decibels of his favored song, the plague, the circumstance, the battle swing of intimidating rapiers and brandished cutlasses, ichor creeping past parlor doors. The notion sprung only briefly in his menacing mind, for no sooner had he surmised prospects of bloodshed did an outcry pour from the whims of their borders, and his seditious splendor was cut short, annihilated in one fell harpoon. Only a slight tinge of bitter disappointment lumbered through his sharpened membrane, a curt snort, before he continued to advance towards the beckoning reaches (another annoyance harkened for tender moments; because since when was he a beast so easily summoned by nobodies and strangers?).

He was not the first. A duo was already gathered in the folds and reaches of the peak’s opening, one recognizable in the form of Sialia the soldier, and the other unrecognizable, exuding the machinations of the Threshold and its unlocked portal (and perhaps, the distinct scent of their Engineer?). Intrigue heightened for the sheer nuance and notion that Ulrik had brought and urged the sienna beast within their confines; what had he seen in the stag? Power? Potency? Potential? Hate? Malice? The weight of menace grinding, rasping, grating in his bones? Or was he something to be molded, something to be mended from the ages and sages of virtue, to be bound into the unrelenting maze of heathens and behemoths? The icy shackles of the marble titan drew forth, keeping his conjectures and queries under lock and key, beneath the measures of his impassive, reticent exterior, brooding and brewing scrupulous designs through each worthy creature. He offered a concise bob of his skull to each creature, before tracing and aligning his pernicious stare towards the foreigner, parting his lips to ensue the succinct whims of his vocals. “Welcome. I am Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” Power, domination, and supremacy marked and etched, sketched and scored, the weight, the puncture, the scaling of his depths, and he wondered what the brujo wanted; if any of these things caused him acidic absorption, vehement toils, content fury, aspiring ambitions. “What do you seek here?” A home, or sovereignty?
Death, you bring death, and destruction to all that you touch.
- bg - table - art -

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
The scent of a new arrival brings Kyst to her by air, the griffon having newly found her wings and spending most of her time airborne as the novelty wore off. The snow buffeted against her feathers and she dipped a bit too harshly downwards onto Illynx’s back as a show for it, her talons slipping on the slick platinum that covered her and scrabbling for purchase. A chirrup of notice sounds from her once she is properly righted and positioned with her talons among the dark strands of the mare’s lower mane, the Lady having learned enough of Kyst’s way of sharing information to know that there is someone up front, waiting to be greeted.

She had been lost in her thoughts and work on the festival preparations (she had been cataloguing what had been gathered and arranged before slipping away into her mind), distracted with the notion of the floating isle and what had been returned to her conscious during that… moment when Ophelia and the glass woman had been conversing. That she had remembered her father’s face for the first time in a long while was disconcerting, mostly because it laid her raw emotions at the surface and had left her irritable; her son had been avoiding her for it, and it was just as well. It was hard to look at a child who still had a wreath of family around him for support when she had nothing but her fragile, gleaming dreams and a few well polished pawns.

Perhaps some were not just pawns anymore, and that was even more troublesome. So many chinks in her armor and no time at all to mend them, not that she even knew the skills; to just kill them was foolhardy at this point in her life and status and the thought of the bodies of those she had come to depend upon was distressingly distressing.

Her snort is muffled by the snows that pass, but Kyst makes a cat laugh and smirks into the blizzard that comes swift across the land, brought on by the change of season and the promise of Frostfall. That same silence follows them both to the border, where she finds three rather than one and, for the briefest of moments, hesitates when seeing the Lord present.

She has forgiven him (mostly) and has come to a quiet acceptance of his place alongside her. That the Lord of Time had found him suitable has a large role in the change of her heart, but she has also leaned upon him and found that he did not bend or bow beneath any pressures applied so far – and that had to be worth something. At one point, she had even looked to him for orders, admired him for his prowess on the field, and somewhere within her, it still lingered. That she hesitates is only because he is already there, as is Sialia, and she is not truly necessary at this point; her sour mood nearly turns her back around and out towards the storage caverns again.

But something pulls at her to go. Maybe its just Kyst using her emotional influence to her liking or its fate luring her closer to a kindred spirit; she cannot know, but she obliges.

Silently, she sidles up next to the Reaper at a respectable distance – it would be disastrous if anyone was to think that she had an interest in him aside from that of one political force to another, for more than one reason. The main being that she would be a four-winged nine-tongued skybitch before she let Deimos touch her so intimately – much less touch her at all since the last they had sparred together, and the next most important being the smell of the man that was all over the vagrant. Her Engineer, the sire of her darling prince and the machinist who had brought to her nothing but fulfillments and answered summons; she did not love him (or did not think she did, but it was hard to tell when one’s heart was so cold), but the respect and trust she shared with the man was something she gave very few, and the mere smell of him had begun to stir things within her mind that even she had trouble grasping. A warming in her belly loosens the harshness of her mask, golden eyes widening to feel the brush of snow against her lashes as it blew by, occasionally having to blink a flake from the corner of the golden pools.

Perhaps this feeling that wells in her is contentment, hot and delicious against the shivering things that her memories had forced back upon her.

For the time, she says very little aside from sharing her name, having caught the Lord’s query upon arrival and curious to see if he was playing a slight game of his own by asking such an open ended thing as that but mostly quiet because her heart and soul aches and she is too weary to bother courting strangers and two of her fellows. She waits for his answer to the Lord’s question before she speaks – a rare show of courtesy towards another and another hint at her current odd state of mind.

"I am Lady Illynx," she states, smiling softly, inclining her head slightly towards the man with no name, the delicate grey silk of her voice rippling forward in an introduction, "I see the snows have welcomed you here personally." Her smile twitches on her pretty face, a sweeping thing that says she isn't taking a jab at him - rather displaying her ever present humor, one of the many safe guards she has to defend her own heart from the prying eyes of others.

if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

My call to the herd of this snowy hell was still echoing in my black tipped harks as the first of the welcoming committee came into view. Sky blue pools drifted lazily to the oncoming blue and white marked figure as it drew nearer, and I couldn't help but wonder if all of the creatures of this land were oddly marked or if it were just those who resided in the lands of the mountains. Moments later the creature is halted before me, a curious expression across her white splashed features as her kissers begin to swiveled and quiver so the words her vocal chords are forming can be set free to live their short life. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin traveler. I am Sialia... What is your name?"
My harks flicked forwards as white striped skull dipped forwards in a nod of greeting to the oddly marked mare, but there is no time to reply and introduce myself before another horned figure makes it's way closer to me. “Welcome. I am Deimos, Lord of the Basin. What do you seek here?" The dark beast didn't need to introduce himself as the Lord of the Basin, power and authority were etched into his stature as if he were carved from it. I dropped a single forlimb out into a bow of respect towards the dark stallion, when I righted myself a third had arrived. This one another unnaturally marked creature, the gold of her markings nearly reminding me of the strange stallion who had directed me here. "I am Lady Illynx, I see the snows have welcomed you here personally." The gold splattered mare's features twist into a smile as she spoke, clearly the more welcoming of the royal pair.
A soft smile lit across my face as I bowed once more towards the Lady before focusing my attention back on the blue and white mare who had originally greeted me into the icy passage. "Sialia, Lord Deimos, and Lady Illynx; I am Jakar." I shifted so I would be looking at all three, speaking to noone in particular until my icy pools settled between the royal pair and sooty kissers began forming words once more. "The Engineer sent me, I suppose I look for a place to rest while I continue my hunt. While I am here though, I would be more than willing to offer my services." My harks slid backwards in efforts to protect them from the onslaught of snow that was beginning to melt through my coat of bay that wasn't quite ready for the affects of Frostfall. Hopefully this little meet and greet wouldn't take too long, I was ready to travel back to the warmer locations of the lands called Helovia and search for the varnished beauty who had taken so much from me and my father.

"words."
Tag;; @[Sialia]
Words;; 475
OOC;; Others are still more than welcome to join in if they want. I figured this was a good spot to reply at though xD
Sorry it sucks, my muse is being weird.

Jakar
going in for the kill
x - x

Heather
Winter’s abhorrence, the acerbic abyss, the frigid labyrinth toiled and tangled: the fiendish dabble, the heathenous trickle of a maddening pulse, the bravado of potential lurking in the midst of destruction, of chaos, of a slowly building crescendo, pervaded his fiendish mind. Even as the GildedBlade arrived, the piercing trappings of the Reaper’s gaze remained entirely riveted upon Jakar and all the sinister workings of prowess wrapped amongst their confines, brooding forbearance, keen acrimony and cunning entropy. Polite, well-mannered, reasonable, and handed admittance by the Engineer, all that remained were the meticulous twines of his capabilities, the faculties carved and sculpted into his nuances and soul. Weaker dominions, useless, flailing fools, were to be forgotten, left amongst the decrepit and ignorant, but others, with unfailing glory, with hinted triumph, could be measured and sculpted into anarchical melees. Could he fight, bring peril, muster defenses, shatter lives, brandish steel, massacre and condemn? Could he devour enemies, sanction and deliver them to their graves? Could he ravish and toy with annals of ruin and wreckage, lay waste to empires, cruelly erupt precipices and palisades? Could he abscond, steal away streamlined information, spy from drawn shadows, pluck and discard with cloaks and daggers? Could he manifest machines or break apart materials to create something of worth, of value, of merit, possess the livelihood to destroy others? Or could he even conduct the art of healing, mend and assuage, then tear away the tiniest slips and snips of poison into the opposition’s drink, watch and witness the breakdown of organs and sinew? Ulrik wouldn’t have brought the beast from the shackles and locked corridors of the Threshold without some purpose in mind, and the chilling calculations of Deimos’ thoughts were tethered to the snippets and contortions of another beast added to their halls. The Basin was a land of treachery and survival, an assortment of wicked tendrils and deceiving apertures, a seething, brewing land made and distorted by the ruinous fixtures breathing life into its cold, nefarious hands; would he be another leant into its glacial cycle? Impassive, reticent, as intimidating and Machiavellian as ever, the demonic monster didn’t alter his appearance for the sake of curiosity, but allowed the depths of his tones to convey the aspects for him, pitching the blunt, corded tone of satanic gifts and lordly venues. “What services can you provide?” For there were rewards, bestowals, riches, to a creature christened with possibilities, prospects, and promises, and the slinking auroras always endeavored to seize one beholden with conviction.
- bg - table - art -

Illynx
The stranger is polite, an occurrence that seems to have gone too long from one to the other in the collection of random faces from the forest of beginnings. Each name given to the man is carefully repeated in the order that they had arrived before him, and the arrogant bitch smiles all the more brightly as her own name is sounded back into the crisp air. Soft flakes of snow melt against the warmth of her face, clinging for a moment before becoming darkened smudges.

He is called Jakar, a fine name, she decides, not as unusual as some she has been offered and one that, as it seems to always be, fits his appearance with invisible bindings that she cannot see nor truly explain other than that they are there; the griffon along her back takes an interest now that the more droll proceedings have come to pass, Kyst usually holding few concerns for the names of the horse creatures her bonded kept company with, keeping in higher esteem the way that person was than who they said they were.

Illynx could learn many things from her young griffon, if she wasn’t so arrogant as to think that the creature was stupid.

Her Engineer has sent him, she learns, and a delighted glimmer lights her eyes at the mention of his name. He claims to be on a hunt but does not describe the facets of such a thing, the golden mare gaining a curious glow to her expression as she ponders what sort of thing it is he is hunting for. She and her kin have many things to offer someone who is in such a state of need, to be sure, and while the man is new, she knows all too well the effects of gifts on a tender, untouched heart.

It would do them all well to assist Jakar, unless his mission was utterly foolish and meant to have an end put to it – which would ultimately be assistance in its own way, wouldn’t it?

The Lord, ignored most often by the woman for reasons that had come to pass long before and were truly unsubstantial, does earn himself a look as he breezes right on through the obvious offered by the bay man in his words and instead goads at what else he has to offer. The frown that finds her face is soft and judgmental, feminine features lifting haughtily as she turns her golden eyes to the man who searches, the finest of twitches along the length of her straight, long black tail alerting any who spied of her annoyance.

One ear holds itself to Deimos, the other freely pivots between the rest, and her voice is crisp and friendly despite the annoyance with the man she’s been straddled with as a co-leader; no matter his prowess on the field of war, he loses her respect when he fumbles verbal cues so intensely and before new arrivals to the herd. "What do you search for, Jakar?" she asks, all sweetness, not even the faintest hint of her usual treachery or ponderous schemes bleeding into the integrity of the inquiry, "I like to think that we of the Basin hold high talents in finding and taking that which is ours, and I myself know many outside our borders. Perhaps your task would benefit from these?"

Her smile grows all the more friendly as a jovial row of laughter breaks the seriousness of her replies, crown shaking lightly to the loosen the collection of white that rims the dark locks atop her head and cleaves to the golden length of her horn. "There are caves for respite throughout the land, and a pool of earth heated water to ease the chill in one’s bones against," she explains, "but the winds are demure within the walls of stone that guard us, and the snow will be much less than that in the mountains. It is mostly growing accustomed to the travels through the rest of the northland that one worries about here."

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

My attention drifted away from the blue striped mare who had been the first to arrive as she seemed to blur into the background in silence with the arrival of the Lady and the Lord of these frozen parts. I appreciated her quick reply to my beckoning, but it was disheartening to see how quickly she had allowed herself to be pushed into the back, but maybe she just wasn't as social of a creature as I had hoped. Dark harks flicked forwards as ocean blue eyes pulled away from the midnight stained mare and rather settled easily between the Lord and Lady as they had introduced themselves. So far the Lady seemed to be the more...welcoming of the two as the Lord hadn't added too much in word-wise, but surely that would come with time. And even if it didn't I wouldn't be too injured as I planned on moving forward with my search for the varnished creature as quickly as possible.
“What services can you provide?” The darker stallion's deep gruff vocals traveled through the frigid air and to my eardrums where they met their final resting place. Pools quickly jumped to him as my onyx horned skull bobbed up and down in a nod before sooty kissers began to twitch in efforts to form words in reply to the dark stallion. "I have been trained in the art of tracking as soon as I was no longer dependent on my dam. If you are in need of a hunter, or even possibly a spy I would be more than willing to offer my talents." Our little gathering didn't remain silent for long after my own lyrics spilled into the brisk breeze that probably would have felt refreshing in any other part of the Helovian lands, but up here in the northern mountains it was almost like a heavy smack to the face. Luckily the Lady spoke up, her softer, much more feminine lyrics seemed to lighten the blow of the wind. "What do you search for, Jakar? I like to think that we of the Basin hold high talents in finding and taking that which is ours, and I myself know many outside our borders. Perhaps your task would benefit from these?" I almost wanted to flinch, or retch at the sweetness at in the gold marked mare's lyrics. It was such an unusual sound to my eardrums that were used to the harshness of my father's voice whenever he spoke down on me for breathing the wrong way. "I search for a mare, she goes by the name of Snö. I do not know if she resides in any herd, or if she is even still in the lands of Helovia. But I will find her.."
Dark rimmed harks flicked forwards as my ebony tresses smacked against my ankles and the Lady began to speak once more. "There are caves for respite throughout the land, and a pool of earth heated water to ease the chill in one’s bones against, but the winds are demure within the walls of stone that guard us, and the snow will be much less than that in the mountains. It is mostly growing accustomed to the travels through the rest of the northland that one worries about here." My white splashed skull dropped as a slight chuckle escaped from between slightly parted kissers at the mare's words, clearly it was much more obvious I was not made for these cold winds than I had originally hoped. Again, I prayed to whatever god was around to listen that it wouldn't take too long for the thick winter coat to sprout from my hair follicles so I wouldn't freeze while waiting for them. "I'm hoping my winter coat will come in a little faster now that I find myself in temperatures much lower than I had been expecting. But your home, or what I can see of it from here, is stunning." A smile tugged at the corners of my sooty velvets as I looked up at the gold painted mare while I waited for the verdict from the pair of them.

"words."
Tag;; @[Deimos]
Words;; 693
OOC;; Nessie, if you still feel like posting go ahead, I just don't want this thread to last forever.

Jakar
here's to a long line of sinners like me
x - x

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

“Welcome. I am Deimos, Lord of the Basin.”

The gruff voice of Deimos echoes out in his same monotone voice, But a new question. “What do you seek here?” I subdue my body's wanting of reaction, to give him a odd look. Instead, I keep my facade, welcoming, yet blank. I am a silent figure in this threesome. Soon to become four.

A familiar face arrives. One I am much more inclined to like. Lady Illynx. She is here, and moves to stand beside Deimos, not close, for all of us would wonder if she did get close. "I am Lady Illynx," She says, welcoming the stallion. "I see the snows have welcomed you here personally." Her lips twitch in a smile, gracing her pretty features.

"Sialia, Lord Deimos, and Lady Illynx; I am Jakar." I nod in respect to the stud. Jakar was his name. Now to remember that.

Words, Words fill the air, and I am tempted to leave. Jakar is his name, and he is a tracker. He also seems to be looking for someone. A mare, that goes by the name of Sno. Yet I do not know her. Her name certainly doesn't ring any bells, either. So why would I remain?

Maybe to see how things went? "He would make an excellent sneak, my lord and lady. How many have the skill of tracking? And how many have mastered the art?" I smile, my lips curling up in there cruel way, and I look at Jakar. I think about his comment about the beauty of the Basin. "Wait till you see the light show."

I wait, glancing at the lord and lady. I had spoken my mind, now to see if they would possibly agree? I could see potential, and if the engineer sent him here, then maybe there was. After all, he had made it here with no help from the creature who built the sentinels, and that was difficult to do unless you had experience.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Deimos]
Words;; 341 words
Notes;; <3 I totally forgot about this with all that had been going on ^^ However, I will keep up on this :3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Illynx
Another sleuth, a master of the shadows; so many have trickled into her vale as of late that she cannot help but wonder if it is a silent omen from the Gods that their time to rise was approaching, that those of the Basin who nurtured the arts of stealth were a promising asset. But how to use them? Her mind clicks away at the talent presented to her, how he and his kin of shadow might serve useful to a herd that, traditionally, had focused mainly on physical combat.

The jangle of her own amulets as she shifts gives inspiration to the budding thoughts that smell sweetly of promise. A glance is given to the man alongside her, his magical prowess known throughout the land and, in part, why the Basin was so largely feared – for who would be steady when presented with a man who brought death with his touch, with his whims? And, she thinks, her friendly smile of welcome gaining a sharp edge at the brilliance of her thought, that every member of the herd carrying about such a spell at their disposal would make them quite dangerous, indeed.

She will have to be speaking with Deimos and Roland, before too long.

What the man gives to her next, however, makes any delight she finds in her plotting sour most instantly, her ears falling down and her mask slipping ever so slightly from cordial queen to protective warrior in the slightest of heart beats. "Surely you mean my niece no harm, darling?" she decides on, managing to realign her smiling, cheerful mask more precisely on her features, "though she still lives within Helovia, as of Birdsong. It was the last I have seen of her since."

If he means the daughter of the Empress problems, she will see an end to him most instantly – but, the Lady does know the temper of the frosted damsel, the way of words she has that can manage to grate wrongly against even the thickest of skins, and she would not blame Jakar if punishments were in order and he rightly repaid her. She would blame him, however, if her darling sister’s child was to be removed from the earth – while her sire was less valuable in blood than her dam, Illynx saw promise in the pale girl’s breeding, and would be quite sour to know that she had lost such a prize to a coyote and an old hate.

Maybe she should send someone to watch him, for a while. It would be a test of both his alleged skill set and would help her rest better at night.

In so far as the cold – the Lady has seen many come and go from the hoarfrost of the mountain, so many new faces that, in fact, she has become quite talented at noticing signs of chill among her patrons; it would help her help them stay alive, in the long run, and she means no harm or jest at his pride for finding the weather cold so far north. It is cold. It had taken her a long while to grow accustomed to it when they had been flushed from the Edge and had followed the Time God to their new haven, and her first winter, bitter and horrible and so fucking cold, was not soon forgotten.

She nods in reply to his words, at first, her sweet voice sounding out momentarily after the bob ceases in motion. "It should grow swiftly enough," she says with a laugh, golden eyes sparkling in good humor and memory of her first seasons in the snow, "the summer is not so bad. You picked a rough time to arrive."

Sialia chimes in, and Illynx glances over to the dark mare with a nod of regard. There are a good few who practice in the art of stealth, but skill is something that greatly differs between each unit of the class – her Thranduil is a master of clandestine arts, weaving into places he should not be, while Hotaru and Roland are benders of words, taking whatever they desire from the shadow. Is Jakar a Thranduil or a Roland? Such things are important when assigning skills, and its quite obvious the dark stallion before her will not be as forthcoming or flamboyant as the golden man she’d saved from angry, irritable herd mates his first day in town.

And the lights! How had she forgotten the lights! "It is a good season for the Auroras, though, as Sialia says," her smile crinkles the folds of her face, makes her seem more genuine and alive than she really is, "once the Sun falls, they dance with the peaks, every color one can imagine."

[ OOC: SORRY HEATHER - went ahead and replied to keep this moving for Semper. <3 ]

Heather
The winter King listened to the string of responses, another quiet, molten fixture on the horizon. He contemplated, he designed, and he calculated the distinctive ruminations of a Machiavellian regime, Tartarean guile sculpted into the sinister seams. The Reaper held respect for those of sleuth inclinations, dastardly, covert operations sprung and strung together in taut, heightened shadows, the ability to hide amongst the gallows and shove constituents into the merciless void. While he couldn’t tangle into the same folds and webs, too intimidating, too overpowering, too violent, too villainous from the outskirts of his satanic frame to the billowing maelstrom of his soul, the beast could appreciate clandestine plots and collapse, an unraveling of order at the hands of peons and pawns. He could manipulate with force, but these sleuths, these sneaks could swindle and barter, slide and serpentine, regale with innocent tongues and lay waste with a single unraveled secret. Being able to command and wield an army of titans and a bundling of provocateurs amused and satisfied him greatly, and the piercing gleam of his stare resembled the sentiments – he ignored the queries of Mauja’s daughter (he hadn’t known her whereabouts, or cared really, since the days of the fallen Edge), and focused primarily on the uses, the macabre whims of an illustrious herd, and the unsung triumph they were due to serenade. Each being had their advantages and abilities; it would be a shame to lose another who could aid them in the future endeavors (the fall, the destruction, the havoc, the scorn, the mutilation and mauling of several nations – the rising of an empire, the grandeur, the decadence, of all their avaricious aspirations). He had no intentions of sprucing up the conversation and diatribe with all the laden qualities of the Basin, the newcomer would be able to see and discover them for himself, feel, touch, taste, relish and savor the power, the dominance, the supremacy stored and built within glacial walls and icy palisades, opening his mouth again to chisel his acceptance, bold and rare, into the air. “You are welcome to stay.” A statue, a monolith, a cretin and infidel, poised aloft in his Siberian home, embarked further into the void to utter one more inquiry, assuring another piece, another omen, another token, into their bestial midst. “Would Phantom suit you?”
- bg - table - art -

I looked to the black and blue mare as she finally spoke up once more, no longer a shadow in the back of the scene that was playing out before us. "He would make an excellent sneak, my lord and lady. How many have the skill of tracking? And how many have mastered the art? Wait till you see the light show." As she spoke of the light show a wicked smile tugged at her kissers that made me wonder what she was talking about and why they seemed to have such a devilish air about them. Or if it was just the pretty, but quiet mare that had a devil sitting upon both of her shoulders rather than angels. A single corner of my sooty kissers tugged up with the mare's questioning of how many had mastered the skills I carried under my belt, she spoke the truth in implying that there weren't many as well trained as I. Boasting wasn't quite my cup of tea though, rather I would allow the stranger to continue petting my ego until it ruptured. My white painted skull bobbed up and down in a nod as I flashed a quick, charming smile towards the black and blue as the Queen herself began to speak once more.
"Surely you mean my niece no harm, darling? Though she still lives within Helovia, as of Birdsong. It was the last I have seen of her since." The mention of the word niece draws my sky blue gaze back to the gold marked mare who had a might crown sitting upon her finely sculpted skull. Looks wise, it surprised me that the two were related, but when I thought about it, their personalities seemed to match quite well. The Queen just being a politer version of the varnished target. I shook my skull from left to right as a smile crept it's way across my sporty features and vocal chords began to prepare themselves for words to fall into the frigid air. "I assure you Lady, I mean no harm to your niece. I'm sure she would be able to hand my ass to me anyway." A deep chuckle escaped me as my lyrics faded out while images of the varnished mare flashed through my mind, she was a tough one that was for sure. She wasn't the easiest to find either, every time I thought I was growing closer she seemed to dissapear once again. My long dark tresses smacked against the back of my legs once more as I listened to the Queen speak up again, this time on the topic that the black and blue shadow had brought to the table.
"It is a good season for the Auroras, though, as Sialia says, once the Sun falls, they dance with the peaks, every color one can imagine." Blue eyes pulled away from the gold stained mare momentarily to look past her where the peaks could be seen through the snow falling from the pale sky above us, I couldn't imagine what these Auroras must look like, but surely they must be astounding for others to mention them in a greeting. "I look forward to seeing them and the other wonders the Basin has to offer." I flash a smile towards Sialia and the Queen but before I can say anything else Deimos' deep voice fills the entry way into the lands that the members of the Basin reside in. “You are welcome to stay.” The dark stallion fell silent for a moment, as if he were mulling over the decision to allow me to stay and for a moment I grew worried he would change his mind and leave me standing out in the cold like a daughter's first boyfriend. "Would Phantom suit you?” Dark rimmed ears flicked forward to catch onto the stallion's second string of lyrics and all worrying thoughts were erased from my mind. "Aye sir, that would be very fitting. Thank you all for welcoming me into your home."

"words."
Tag;; @[Sialia]
Words;; 683
OOC;; I think you guys can each post once more and we can call it quits here? :3 Should I post in the rank updates?

Jakar
going in for the kill
x - x