the Rift

[OPEN] drifting; found

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
The dragon-girl had never travelled so far South in these lands. As her wings cupped the air and her eyes scoured the lands stretched out before her, she recognised the Deep Forest, the land where she had seen the fallen bodice of Torasin, the lands where she had wept alongside her mother and cousin, and she reconsidered, again, her decision to com this way. Were these lands not tainted with dark, sad memories? No, came the reply of the little blue light that accompanied her today, they are lands where your family has lived and died, and where they will live again. Amaris uttered her thanks to the wizened little blue spirit, who merely sang its strange, other-worldly song in response, with a spout of flame bursting from his maw as well.

Golden, cat-slitted eyes looked ahead to the desert that slowly appeared, its shimmering borders rimmed by an ocean, across which she knew laid a land her mother was born. A land of eternal moonlight and midnight, where the stars lit the skies instead of the Sun's burning rays. It was an ideal that Amaris could not fathom, one she could not grasp, even though she had spent much time as her mother's shadow when the bracelet that brought eternal midnight was worn. Amaris loved the Moon, and the night she brought, but she also loved the Sun, and the day that he brought. As her golden scales reflected and refracted the Sun's magnificent light, the belle looked like she belonged to the very sunlight whose lands she was venturing towards.

The girl landed as the lands changed to a more sandy base, her motion arrested at what she estimated was the borders. Though her beloved cousin, Tandavi, was a healer here, she was not about to venture completely uninvited into lands she had not yet officially joined - that was her aim for today. New beginnings, a new journey, a new destination.. It was daunting and yet thrilling, something that made her heart simultaneously lurch with apprehension but also race with excitement. Her little blue companion danced and trilled around her, picking up on the excitement and nerves that roiled through the belle. Starting out shakily, she let loose a low, soft song, which slowly grew, a hopeful invitation for someone to come and greet her. Shyly, the dragon-child awaited a sentinel from the lands she hoped to soon call her home.

ooc :: open for any and all <3 Amaris is hoping to join :3
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just a Dreamer in the Skies

The older I become, the more I have started to look like my Momma. The only thing missing in my frame is the double set of wings. I do hope that when, if I ever have children, that they will gain Momma's double wings. I after all never seem to get dirty, my mane and tail never tangle.... Just like her's never did. I wish I knew the faces of those she had told so many stories about. Of Mirage the DragonHeart, Lace the SilverThorn, and so many others that I just can't recall their names right now. If only Momma had escaped the wolves with me. I wish she had. Maybe then I wouldn't feel so lost around here.... Not that I didn't feel at home in the Throat, cause I do. More than I ever did in the Falls. However I still need to learn to fly....

My gangly yearling frame allows me to run faster than I used to. Maybe if the wolves had attacked my family now, then and only then could Momma and I both gotten away.... What's that? That song is so different from any other call I've heard..... I wonder if that is what Momma used to call a dragon's song.... My curiosity gets the better of me as I race for the boarders of the Throat, following the sound of the call.

When my eyes set on the one making the call, I can not help but stare. Momma had always told me what dragon's look like, but this one was different. She was no dragon, but no equine either. She is beautiful! That rude witch that had Sacre falling all over her was nothing compared to this dragon horse. I suddenly remember my manners as I stop a few paces away from the girl who is not much older than I am. "Hello there. I am Amani. How can I help you?" I want to help you. I hope you mean no harm, because i'd hate to use m magic against you... Not that I would stand a real chance.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
Time passed by, and though the girl had the sense that she was being attended to, slowly but surely, her excited thoughts running away with her. Would she see Lace here, Tandavi? Would she be welcomed into the herd named for the heat that also ran through her veins? Or would she be questioned for her motives, turned away, or worse yet, chased away with fear and prejudgement of her nature?

The blue companion cooed a song from its perch in the skies above her, alerting her to the impending arrival of a local. Do I know them? the girl asked, hoping for a familiar face to greet her, to welcome her. New face, new friend, new family~, the blue replied to her, cavalier in his attitude, happy, but the girl did not reciprocate entirely.

When meeting new creatures, she had been received mostly with fear, with judgement and confusion. It frustrated the belle, as it would the most patient and kind creature, which Amaris was not to begin with. She was passionate, kind too, but also half dragon.

So when she was received with open kindness, with a glance that was admiring?, she could not help the smile of surprise that sprung to her maw, the light of happiness glowing behind her golden, cat-slitted eyes. Caramel maned nape bowed with the girl's scaled tiara, returning the greeting with a low wuffle that articulated her calm, low, pleasant reply.

"Well met," she began, smiling to the youth, who for all intents and purposes had welcomed her more openly then any older counterpart Amaris had met for the first time. "I am Amaris, formerly of the Edge, before the shadows invaded the lands. I fled here, with my father and sister, returning with hopes of finding those we... left behind." She didn't want to have to divulge everything about herself to this complete stranger, but the girl was not out to play games with her own future, one that had led her to these borders, to these lands. She would provide all that she could to prove her worth to the herd.

"When I returned, I found my cousin, who is a healer here now. Tandavi is her name. And a family friend, Lace, is also here. I am hoping to gain acceptance into the herd, to grow myself and help the herd grow too." Hope had entered her voice, and as she spoke, the curious blue spirit had glided to dance before the girls, cooing his unique draconic song, encouraging the interaction because he could sense the joy it brought Amaris to simply be accepted at first glance.

@[Amani]
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

tandavi & natraj</style>
</style>

She begins to fear the worst.

Waiting is not a perfected skill. She can wait for the memory of a minute, the breadth of a breath; she is content to watch as the sands of time slowly flow, watching, observant, enraptured, alive. In these moments she is a pocket of time, a separate reality floating at the corner of now and forever. Knowledge, wisdom, another note to add to her collection, another piece of the puzzle of the world... she collects them all and holds them close, relishing the prize of her patience. For instants she is able to be still, to burn quiet.

But the girl is a fire, and she cannot be quelled. Waiting for moments and butterfly wings is a wholly different skill than waiting for the shift of a mountain, the wane of the moon, and the stretch of eternity draws cold claws through her heart. She wonders when Amaris will come, why her cousin has so long delayed; she wonders if the draw of the Edge will be too sharp, the memories of their youth stronger than the bond of their hearts. She doubts it, wants to doubt it, yet finds herself at the edge of the desert, anxiously pacing the neck of her home, drawing tight lines over brush-infested sand. Black brother pads tirelessly, now at her side and now in the lead, covering ground just in case a golden shadow slips through their lips, over their heads, away. She thinks she has done this forever perhaps- for though it may not seem long, a day stretches eternal when you're afraid of the dark.

She hears the dragon's song, and knows that it is magic, knows what magic it is. From an anxious ember to a furious flame the girl ignites, dopamine and adrenaline dancing a furious battle in coursing veins, sinew and bone clicking and whirring from languid wander to surging run. Finally, finally her wait is up, her cousin is here, and the world is ready, the waiting over. Butterfly wings and hours of days, all fall away in the blaze of her eyes.

Sand stings the air and dust covers gold legs, staining bright copper a dull, dirty brown. A bullet, a beam, crimson and gold streaks through a blue sky, blindly alive until collision is imminent, bodies threatening to smash and explode, the space between cousins as tight as their hearts- and she stops, pulls up short, a great cloud of earth rising to crowd the surroundings and tickle her lungs. It lingers, laughing, at at last starts to clear, leaving in its wake the details Tandavi missed beneath the heave of her lungs. Heavy breaths stir the particles remaining, black eyes wide and bright as she takes in Amaris, and the filly beside. Recognition, she has met the little winged child, on a day she made fools in the presence of friends. In another day, against another sky, perhaps the memory would cloud her gaze; but today there is more joy than the darkness could quench.

"You came," breathes the child, a shy, sincere smile pulling at soft onyx lips. She shifts on her hooves, restless with delight, wanting to run, to dance, to play, wanting to be young and forget her mistakes, the night which has held so tight to her heart. Beneath the rays of her patron Sun, firechild glows, adorned in flowers and braids. She cannot think of more that need be said- you're here. You belong. You can be anything. Stay.

@[Amaris]

image | code

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!