the Rift

[OPEN] one step closer [leaders]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

'Don't like this.' Tallis murmured as he drifted overhead. The air had gradually cooled as they left the Edge behind and as the got closer the change in air temperature was becoming more drastic. Neither Eva nor Tallis were used to such cold temperatures especially in the hottest season of the year. The orange dragon began to descend toward his bonded and landed roughly on her back. She could feel the reptile shivering and frowned. Perhaps she should have left him home in the Edge. 'NO!' The dragon responded sharply. 'Eva no go without Tallis!'

A cool wind made Evangeline shiver and she looked to the others traveling with her to see if they were as affected by the cold as she was. There was a polar bear among them and she knew that he was within his element. "Not much farther, I hope." She murmured. For a moment she wondered if Kahlua had sent her into a frozen wasteland as a way of revenge for the way she had scolded her not once but twice before when they had spoken. 'Silly queen silly, not evil.' Tallis scoffed and Eva knew he was right. She didn't think Kahlua had a bad bone in her entire body.

Ahead of them loomed a massive metallic structure. After a few more steps Evangeline came to a halt and stared hard at it. 'Dangerous.' Tallis warned. Of course neither of them knew for sure what it was or what it did, but Evangeline had learned to trust her companions instincts and he thought it was dangerous. "We should stop here." She said, looking to the others that had come with her. She paused a moment then called out for the mare that she had been told they would be speaking with. "Illynx! Your presence is requested by the World's Edge!"

"."
ooc:// this group is the group that kahlua put together to come to the basin in the herd meeting with the addition of lakota.

@[Lakota] @[Miykael] @[Archibald] @[Illynx]

Original Image

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

The devil bent my ear today about his magical elixir

That would make the sorrow go away

There were strangers at her door… again.

One would think the cold and our reputations would keep them away, she thinks to herself as she goes to answer the sound of calls and the stench of dragons that wafts across the crisp, mountain air to her raised nostrils; while the summer has been merciful and the heat has been easy this year, it has left the Basin in a state of cool that does not touch the rest of Helovia sprawling at her feet, and she wonders with an unkind curvature to her lips if the dragons are enjoying the snow as much as she does.

She certainly hopes not – but dons her caricatured mask, anyway, letting any bitter or hard thoughts against the strangers who smell more and more like the Edge the closer she comes fade away into nothingness at the back of her mind, an ever present static to keep her on her toes during their conversation. They’ve sent a damn army by the looks of it, but there are only two in the group that really hold any interest to her – the red woman with the flying lizard and a hulking, muscular brute laced with the scars of a life spent in battle, the white etchings of raised tissue bold against his stark black frame.

Horses, she cannot help but think, but she doesn’t recall there being much else during her rendezvous to their misty little homeland aside from the feathered king – and one of them, to hold to the theme, does have wings. But, compared to the others in his company, he is almost the naïve boy among his elders, instantly picked out by the golden woman as she comes to a gratuitous and gleaming stop before her… guests.

She settles her golden eyes with their thousand fires burning bright upon the one who she assumes as summoned her here, the chestnut dame with the fierce façade and the hovering orange sky rodent, who she takes extra care to smile fondly at – most dragons, from her experience (and if one could believe that she took note of such blasphemous worms such as the wyverns kept by the hornless filth of the earth), are just as vain as she is, if not more.

”Welcome, comrades of the Queen Kahlua,” her words are sweet and airy, spun confectioner’s sugar as she smiles and flits her eyes from each face to the other, holding them for a few moments longer on who she assumes to be the leader of the group (as she is female, obviously strong of will, and has summoned her while the others remained silent alongside her), ”I am, of course, the Lady Illynx, and find myself quite pleased to meet you all.” A lie, but it rises from her lips with all the supple grace that a river follows its path and not a flicker of disgust reveals itself in the golden depths of her gaze or the smooth porcelain of her falsified smiles. ”How might I be of assistance this afternoon, my friends? Perhaps you bring word of the inquiry I posed to the lovely Sunshower and her golden King?”

[ OOC: I can take it down and wait on it for a while if you guys want to go ahead and get in first. :P I just had the muse and I'm excited about it soooo here it is. Just PM me if you want me to hold my unicorns so to speak lolol. ]

Artist | Background | Horse Head | Horse Figure | Table by Time
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

I fell asleep on your death bed

Evangeline was an unknown face to the Poisoner, and though she had not volunteered to traipse blindly into the Basin at the herd meeting, there had been an announced shift of plans and somehow- still, she could not find it in her brain how this had happened- she had ended up as part of the group. Grumbling to herself, she had collected the herbs Resplendence had assigned her to take along as a peace offering. As if they needed it, with how the Edge was going to accept the neutrality pact. Then again, Lakota was not a naturally giving person, and found it rather ridiculous to give so much and receive so little in comparison. Were they whimpering dogs, willing to give anything and everything to keep the Big Bad Basin from attacking them again? Snorting softly to herself, Lakota flicked the dark plume of her tail and kept those thoughts to herself. See, this was why she hadn't volunteered. She simply wasn't a kind soul, and often couldn't keep her mouth shut when it mattered. No, she'd leave most of the talking to the burnt orange damsel traipsing ahead of her.

Despite the cold of the northern climates, Aodaun was having a blast. Of course he was, this was his natural habitat, being born of snow and ice as he was. In fact, not far from these northern reaches was where Lakota had found the whelp when he was but a cub. Shifting her grasp on the twine she'd wrapped around the bundle of herbs- no use in giving the leaders slobbered-upon herbs after all- the woman glanced fondly at her companion as he dove through snowdrifts in a flurry of white. It was cute, but as they began to climb the rocky path up to the borders, she called him back to her side. No point in embarrassing the Edge with her playful bear.

As they arrived, Lakota sighed softly and chewed idly on the end of the vine, almost bored. Of course it didn't take long for Evangeline to call out into the flurry for the Gilded Lady of the Basin. Even shorter was the waiting period for the lass to come, words spilling like over-sugared honey into Lakota's aurals. Grimacing to herself, ever careful to hide it, she stepped forward with all the elegance she never cared to use outside of such encounters and let the precious parcel drop to the snow between the trio. Lakota does not see the darkness lingering in those golden eyes, but she is just as good with her facades, and she knows another player when she sees one. So while she cannot read what hides behind those perfectly crafted smiles, her hard amethyst eyes do not leave the Lady's figure.

"We come bearing the news you seek, Lady of the Basin. Alongside our answer, I have come with a gift for you and your people. Herbs that grow in our homeland, to assist in the absence of their presence in these northern reaches." Gesturing a blackened nose to the large clump of herbs tied together with twine that Dragomir had taught the Edge to create, she begins to explain what is among them. "You will find in the cluster Angelica, Chamomile, Figwort, Yarrow, and Wild Cherry Bark. These all heal in various ways. I am the local Poisoner, and as such have included devastating plants such as Boxwood, Choke-Cherry, and Horse Chestnut. We hope you will find these all useful, and potentially grow some of your own in a garden." She falls silent then, stepping back to be level once more with Evangeline, scarred hide rippling with tension while Aodaun stands firm and large beside her.

She doesn't like this. Ktulu had better make this up to her, because Lakota didn't like playing nice.

----

Myself and Ali are the only ones who will be posting :D

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Cold apertures were disturbed again, chilling fringes and frigid borders mauled and possessed by those not marked or chiseled by caverns and frost; Deimos maneuvered through the autumn depths with meticulous ease, like another part of winter sculpted into life. Eldritch essence, behemoth iniquity, and malicious intrigue pulsed through the intertwining of his coiled potency, and the penetrating stare fixated upon equine forms and draconic figures, not canines, not wolves, not monsters flowing through the wild tempest (whether or not this disappointed him, another lost opportunity for bloodshed, went unsaid and remained unknown). He recognized only one out of the strangers lined up before their Sentinel, Archibald, the former General of the Grey, with all of their contracts and wiles, but as he neared, as he stalked, as he advanced along his icy kingdom, the scent of the Edge pulsed through the air (a smell he’d never forget, even if the days of their sovereign were gone and vanished, even if the cliffs wouldn’t recognize the beasts expelled from their rolling shoal), and his curiosity expanded. Were they to receive another answer from their armistice negotiations? The previous group, the Falls, had been disappointing fixtures on the blighted walls, but at the very least, as he glanced towards the gathered throng once more, the Edge hadn’t sent a drunken stooge. In fact, as he approached and stood a fair distance away from the GildedBlade, diligently examining the notion of threats, the position of rigid, impassive, stoic, reticent beast, one of them offered herbs and poisons: gifts bestowed from a world they’d always wanted back. His brow arched for the scarcest of moments, surprised, bewildered, at their offerings, but rescinded back into its impassive nature immediately thereafter. The briefest of speech calculated and pervaded through the Orangemoon pinnacles, anointing heralds and the briefest of appreciation. “Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” He paused, eyed the plants, the healing powers and the toxic reveries, seemingly a cluster for each Mender: Lena with the gentle, mild flora, and D’art, with the rasping, grating vices. “Our healers will value your gift.” Then, he strung himself back into murky, indulgent silence, sculpting and unwinding the pieces of chaos, of maelstroms, awaiting the true answer to their offerings, if the bestowal was a consolation, if ceasefires and truces were naught but a false nuance, if their efforts were lifted back into nothingness, and they’d have to spiral and convolute back into another plan, another plot, another wayward crusade.

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

Tallis, the ever suspicious, eyed the unicorns as they approached though he really had no right to. They were the ones standing on the doorstep of a land that they didn't belong in. They were the ones that had called the leaders of the Basin to meet and speak. Eva mentally scolded the dragon for his unwarranted suspicion. No, neither of them liked being where they were but she didn't feel that they had to be suspicious. After all, the Basin had come to them with a peace treaty and appeared to be waiting for an answer.

"Lady Illynx." She dipped her head as the gilded mare introduced herself. "I am Evangeline the Pure, Emissary of the World's Edge." She then motioned to the darker mare who began to speak of the herbs that she had brought. "Lakota the Poisoner, World's Edge Nurse. And Archibald the Dauntless, World's Edge Captain." She was sure that Archibald's reputation preceded him. She'd heard many a rumor in the Edge of the two Captains, gossip of their once leadership of the Foothills. Despite this, however, she introduced the Captain.

'Another one.' Tallis gripped Evangeline's mane as he stared at the stallion who introduced himself as the Lord of the Basin. "Lord Deimos." She dipped her head in the same fashion to him as she had his counterpart. "As Lakota has said we come with news of the decision that our King and Queen have come to. They desire a stance of peaceful neutrality with the Basin and would like to extend you the offer of trading among healers and crafters."

@[Illynx]@[Lakota]@[Deimos]
"."

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

The devil bent my ear today about his magical elixir

That would make the sorrow go away

The Lord arrives alongside her, his dark figure imposing as usual with the same aura of blasphemed devilry radiating from him. As has become normal between the two, the man puts himself a fair distance away – something she thinks very little of because it is most satisfying for both of them to simply avoid one another if at all possible. Certain resentments harbored in her heart against her fellow leader left her wary of him, unsure of his ability to lead when the people would need a spokesman (for he was surely efficient at frightening away most opposition with his surly and dark demeanor) and still boundlessly offended at his use of his potentially lethal magic on her (though he surely knew how to use it by now and she had thrown a tantrum on the floor more so than been truly wounded by the incident).

He gives words to the mare who presents herbs between the two proud mountain rulers and herself and herd mates, allowing Illynx time to run her eyes across the myriad things that have been delivered to them as a sign of good will. It is not the first time the Edge has brought gifts, and she certainly won’t mind if it isn’t the last; she rather enjoys looking at the pretty blue scorpion that the once Glazier Kahlua had crafted for them, and the access to herbs that were not common in the northern lands was a welcome one.

She feels their suspicion when her eyes lift upwards to meet the dark mare – Lakota, says Evangeline – with a smile and a nod of gratitude to mirror the words that the Reaper instilled in the air. The third member of the party is one that she faintly recalls from the stories of Helovia’s past, but has never seen – and he too is sadly without a crown upon his brow as the two women who accompany him. Her smile gains a deeper edge of sincerity as her own jokes and humor make their way into her thoughts; it seemed that their friends beneath the Moon harbored quite a few equines.

Almost enough to say they were selective in their gathering, if she was the sort to start nasty rumors, and it didn’t change the fact that their king was a winged thing and that she knew there to be other mixed breeds among their fold; still, even she had a hybrid or two now, if she could assume that not all of her kin were entirely honest about whether daddy had been an undesirable mutt or mommy a winged whore.

If they had come to her mountain and taken in with the laws that kept it, she could accept such mistakes in their lineage – after all, they looked of clean enough blood for her liking, and that was all that mattered. In so far as Aithniel was concerned – the only obviously ill fit member of their fold – she would be the first experiment among many. Destry had fled, too proud to see the faults of her being, but Aithniel saw the truth more clearly than the poor child of Delinne had. There was hope for her, and hope for all others to follow in her path, if her heart could be changed, her path redirected.

She weighs their suspicions and her thoughts all while smiling her friendly politician’s smile and taking in what Evangeline has to say. It is not the answer she wanted most immediately, but it will do; it is an extension of the temporary peace constructed between Deimos and Mirage and has even opened a further door than the simple cease fire had.

They are steps forward, and promising ones.

”I would be delighted to accept such terms,” she cheerfully quips, ”and thank you for the gift of these herbs, they are splendid. Do expect a messenger baring plants of our own and metals in the near future, as a fellow gesture of kindness between my people and those of the Moon.”

Artist | Background | Horse Head | Horse Figure | Table by Time
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.