the Rift

[DROP] Safety [common ss drop]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

Her ice magic failed miserably, which was honestly a first. She frowned, until she saw a little (well not so little now) body, which was that of Amani! She smiled and reached her muzzle out to gently touch the girls face. It had been so long! Why had they met again under such bad circumstances, there were so many things Elsa wanted to know! Why did she leave? Why hadn't she visited?

But, it seemed petty talk would be for later as something large and nasty approached. It seemed to be morphing from the door, a large, disgusting reptile thing, yet, oddly reminiscent of a horse. She yelped, and attempted to back away, ending up on the creatures left side as it grew. It was hideous, and she stood stunned.

A majority though, seemed to go into action right away. Flames are flying from a dark stallion and his dragon, one bat pegasus takes to attacking from above, one is attacking with a bone, and a heck of a lot more fire and horns. She cringed, not knowing what she could do! She wasn't exactly super capable at flying right now with her eye and whatnot, but, what about a pierced foot!

She summoned her magic, putting it near the beasts front left leg. She summoned the base with a diameter about the size of her barrel, before it quickly tapered to a sharp point up to her chest, just reaching its maximum. Sure it probably wouldn't kill the beast, but if he stepped on it, and fell, well, maybe it would break its neck.

She stays towards the left side, bracing herself to fly to attack the face if all of their teamwork does not go as planned. Hopefully though, the thing would be eliminated as quickly as it came.

"Talketh."
[ooc;// Elsa tries to pierce the beasts legs with an ice spike she brings up around his front left foot, hoping the pain of being stabbed into a foot, should he step on it, would cause him to fall or hinder walking. Afterwards, she attempts to flee to the creatures left side, to wait. If the ice fails this turn, and he still lives, she will attempt to get a running-fly start to attack at his head.]

denial 1
denial 2

She wants an arctic zephyr!]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just a Dreamer in the Skies

Okay so maybe this time, i've bitten off more than I can chew.... So to speak. The fire fails, but Elsa sees me. Her muzzle touches my face for only a moment before everything seems to go insane. The strange jawbone thing that one mare was holding began to speak, taunting and picking on us all. Well of course why didn't we just try the door.... Cause normally nothing is ever that easy in Helovia. One mare had tried the door..... But I almost wish she had not.

The door hits me solidly in the face, and I stagger backward to the left of the door while shaking my head to try and clear my vision. However once I stop seeing stars in front of my face, I wish I still was. The creature that was pushing it's way out of the door was huge! It was at least ten to twenty times as big as me.... Okay, maybe not that big but it's big enough!

I move back quickly, trying to stay out the way of the others who have been knocked backward. I see a few who had stayed back now attacking the beast, the words of the jawbone just now realized. "Well, what are you waiting for? KILL IT." One mare is screaming about some egg in some pouch.... Well didn't we want to get the egg out?

I focus however on the beast's face. It's ugly that's for sure, and it's only about to get uglier. I focus one fireball on the creature's nose and mouth, the other two at it's eyes. Can't attack very well if you can't see or smell. I can only hope that they work, that they burn the lizard creature..... That it doesn't come stomping this way and crush me to death before my life has really begun.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Wishlist :: [Zephyr | Phoenix]
Refusals: The Final Task, A Creature Of Blue

Amani is hit in the face by the door and staggers back. When her vision clears she sees the big monster and everyone attacking. She attacks be creating three fire balls, one at the creatures mouth/nose, and one at each eye. hoping to burn away some of the creature's senses if only for a few moments.

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei was knocked aside by the massive beast that emerged from the door. Her beautiful assortment of wildflowers that she had been so proud of fell from her mouth and scattered across the ground. Stumbling back to her feet she moved her now sore and slightly scraped body into the sky, thankful that she had kept her wings tucked tightly to her sides. It would have been a terrible time for an injured wing. Overcome with worry she watched those without wings get to their feet.

"What are you waiting for? Kill it."

Rei was shocked by the creature that emerged from the door.And she was certainly taken back by the voice that belonged to the jawbone demanding for them to kill the lizard like creature. None of this was what she had expected.

Then she caught sight of the egg in the beasts pouch. Why would such a creature have such a disproportionate door? Could it be that it had been an intruder? Could it have taken the egg from its rightful parents? Reptiles ate eggs. Rei's attitude became fierce. She would not allow anything to happen to the precious cargo nestled in the egg.

"You are already preparing to fight for something that you care about now determine the strength and the weakness." It was almost as if she could hear her father whispering his favorite tip in her ear.

Speed. Speed was its strength. Although large, its webbed feet were perfect for traveling quickly through the sand. Its weaknesses would include the usual; the eyes, the neck, and the underbelly.

The beast needed to be slowed down. Calculating her best approach she deliberated between attacking a front or a back leg of the reptilian creature.

"Listen everyone!" the gentleness of the mare's voice had nearly vanished all together, Rei was all business at this point. "It has an egg, we have to return it to its rightful mother!" She refused to entertain the thought that the parents of the egg could have been taken down by the beast.

What would it do if it got further into Helovia?

Gaining altitude Rei then dipped down into a dive towards the back of the creature's head. With her forelegs extended she hoped to dig them into the neck.

The leopard pegasus tried to keep her momentum going as she moved towards the webbed feet. She hoped that her attack on the head would be enough to leave it stunned momentarily. Her plan was to move from the back of the head to attack the webbing between the toes. Normally thin skin made up webbing so her plan was to slice through it.

OOC: After being knocked to the side Rei flies and dives towards the creature's head. She hopes to both injure and stun it. Moving from the back of the head down to the feet she attacks the webbing in between the toes.

Wants a Zephyr Phoenix.
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Fiore, Drom, and Ilios have been eliminated from this round! It may not be used as a refusal.

DESTRIER: A disgusting smell wafts into the air as the hair burns. The hair ignites and burns quickly, spreading rapidly across its back revealing the shiny scales beneath. Roaring with annoyance, the creature shakes its back, but actually appears to move faster. For a moment, all of its visible scales flash red for a moment. How strange. The monster ceases its shaking, as Des's magic begins to restrict its breathing, but this only occurs momentarily. After a few seconds, it opens its mouth, expelling a burst of flame. -7 HP

SATANIC SILK: The scales on the creatures back, now burning hot, singe the hair and skin of Silk's hooves and wing-horns as he tries to attack. -3 HP

BELLONA: Beneath the creature, the air is rapidly heating up due to the sudden heat being produced by its scales, causing Bellona to break out in an immediate sweat. She can feel the jaw bone curve upwards, as if displaying an exaggerated smile, just before it was thrust into the belly of the creature. A frightfully loud bellow roared from the creatures outstretched jaws. Immediately, it tried to kick out at the flying rainbow-creature, hitting her hindquarters and disrupting her flight. However the damage had already been done. Thick, black blood fell like a weak stream onto the sands, flowing around the jawbone still lodged in its belly. -50 HP

BRISA: As Brisa's flames struck the creature's neck and chest, the scales turned a bright orangey/red, as if absorbing both the heat as well as the flames. A long barbed tongue flicked from the creature's mouth, striking Brisa's shoulder and opening up a wound. Although it is still bleeding from Bellona's attack, it appears to be moving faster. -3 HP

AMARIS: Most of the hair had been burned up in Suli's initial attack, leaving the scales exposed to Amaris' spirit companion's flames. However, just as with Brisa's attack, the scales simply glowed molten-hot for a moment. If there had been a question before, there certainly wasn't one now: The creature was definitely moving faster. It skittered around to the side, though could not fully avoid the girl's tail. A long gash on its side suddenly began to weep the same dark fluid that was still dripping from its belly. Roaring, it spat fire towards the dragon-girl. -15 HP

MORIR: Realizing what the dark unicorn meant to do, the creature hissed angrily. As Morir neared, it raised the leg that the fellow meant to attack. It was much stronger than the unicorn's horn or neck would be. It swatted towards the Unicorn, feeling the prick of the horns as they dug beneath its scales. Still, the burns that would blister on the unicorn's face would be worth the discomfort. Red-hot scales slammed the unicorn backwards away from the creature. -7 HP

ELSA: A reptilian grin spread across the creature's mouth, but it did not notice the spike that Elsa had placed under its other leg, for it was too distracted with having swatted about Morir. Stepping fully on the spike, a number of things happened. The first and foremost, being that it let out a painful shout of pain. Its eyes rolled backwards, as its wounded leg lifted up. The ice spike was still lodged within its padding, so no blood was released. The second thing that happened, was that its scales momentarily flashed white. The third, was that it began to slow. Rotating slowly, with no hint of the speed it had only moments ago, it tried to swing its long tail towards Brisa. -30 HP

AMANI: Amani's fireballs strike the creature's face, causing another loud bellow of anger. Its scales flashed bright red, but the damage to its eyes was already done. Scenting the air with its forked tongue, it raised its right paw - where the ice spike was rapidly beginning to melt - and swiped towards Amani, moving once again with uncanny speed.-20 HP

REI: As with Silk earlier, Rei's attack only succeeded in burning the skin and hair around her hooves. Moving with steady speed now, the creature slapped Rei away with one of its webbed feet, while still blinking painfully due to the after effects of Amani's attack. -3 HP

Total HP loss: 165

Hissing fiercely the creature ambled until half of its body was in the water. Its tail lashed at the waves, and where it did so, pockets of steam emerged. The water was beginning to heat rapidly around its lower body, as waves continued to roll over it. Dark blood began to taint the water.

You have 48 hours to respond.

Image Credits

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

As the white mare charged on ahead in her mission to help subdue the beast she wonders what the hell she was thinking. She was not the violent sort but what about this situation compelled her to risk her own life despite the immediate danger? Was it the egg that drew forth the maternal side of her? Either that or she was more of a daredevil than she had ever anticipated before. Well she couldn't chicken out now she needed to follow through with this before the creature got any further into Helovia. Oh gods, everyone would be in danger if that should happen this had to end now!

Sending the mass ball of flame towards the creature seemed to do little more than anger the beast and maim its drastically dwindling haircut. The scales once black flickered shades of red and orange where she had made contact before the beast seemed to propel itself faster. Did fire actually strengthen the beast? Disbelief and shock hit her making her oblivious to the creatures head turning towards her. Blue flames still coated her body but they seemed not to protect her against the lash of the beast's barbed tongue. Faltering as the pain shot through her shoulder she barely managed to keep her footing as she slowed considerably. The ragged wound upon her pale skin stood out underneath the flame as the blood stained her coat crimson. As her head turned to examine her wound her eyes caught the long tail of the beast swinging towards her making her think twice about stopping. Painfully digging her hooves into the sand she throws her weight to the side trying to hurtle herself out of the way of the tail.

As the ugly bastard zipped past them spewing black tar from its injuries it finally stopped when it resided within the water spreading its tainted poison. Steam hissed from the water as it began to heat up creating big black bubbles of steam to roil across the waters surface. Gritting her teeth against the pain anger flashed through the normally gentle natured mare, now this was personal. The blue flames surrounding her flared brightly turning from blue to white as anger fueled their intensity. The air all around her heated with the increased temperature of the fire as she pushed herself forward once more determined to save the egg before it was too late.

Entering the water would be a suicide mission so she kept to the sandy shores aiming herself towards the skull of the creature. Her skin was covered in a mixture of blood and sweat from both her gaping wound and the heat of her fire. Ducking her head she aimed to ram her body and hooves into the side of beast's skull with the hopes of doing some major damage to its head and eye. Perhaps it might be enough to kill the thing and rescue the egg before the poor thing drowned and suffered a horrible death.

Summary: Brisa sustains wound to her left front shoulder due to the creatures barbed tongue. Attempts to throw herself out of the way of the tail becoming very angry at the beast in the process. Her magic (influenced by strong emotions of anger/fear) super heats her own fire as she tries to ram herself into the side of the skull to hopefully damaged the bones and eye.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk

I hiss in pain as the now-lit beast burns my hooves and the hair around the nail and the frog itself. The leather on my wings is singed where I've dipped down to scrape at the fur-covered scales. I raise up above the fray, cursing the burns that I have. They aren't terrible burns, but it's enough to distract me and let a few curses spew from my lips. I watch from above as others join the attack, and see that I have barely made a scratch compared to what others have done. It's bleeding, burned, screeching in pain and moving toward the water as it tries to hide from our combined attacks. But it isn't dead yet, and until it is, we shall not rest. I dive down again, chasing after it as it retreats to the water. The water may help put out the flames, but it won't stop the bleeding, and it can't hide. I see the steam that rises from it, and think to myself that I should avoid the water. Though instincts might tell me to dip my hooves in water to cool them, it is clear that those waters will be no help for me. "DIE BEAST!" I dive at him, trying to avoid the water, and strike again with my hooves. This time, I try to bend my neck down and snap with my teeth at the scaly beast as well. Since there's much less hair than before, I can grab at the scales and try to create a weak spot, and go for all the bloody areas that have been opened already.

I look at the others, who've done much better damage than I have, and call to them to join in. "Come on, attack! Follow it! We can't give up yet!" I move again to strike again at the beast, now going for its eyes and hoping to poke them out with my hooves. In the back of my mind, I find myself honestly curious as to what this thing is and where it's come from. I glance toward the door, hoping that another one isn't about to come dancing through.

WC: 360
OOC: Silk waits for the beast to enter the water before attacking again, hooves and teeth, peeling at the scales and attacking the bloodied areas. Then he goes for the eyes too, trying to blind it.

hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
An egg, an egg! The information floated around her, shouted by others who had realised that the pouch of the creature held the potential for new life, and as the girl realised just what it meant, she became all the more sadder. Was this creature just a mother, trying to survive? Who was to say that they held the right to decide that it would not be a suitable mother? Who knew what lay within the egg?

And yet, the death, the killing, and the destruction, continued. Amaris watched, as if from the outside, as if in slow motion, as flame hurdled towards her in retaliation to her scythe piercing the belly of the beast. The girl bowed low, spreading her wings across her prone body, allowing the flames to trickle off the scales of dragonhide that naturally protected her. She felt the heat, and there were a few licks of flame that singed the hairs of her crème pelt, but she was lucky for the dragonsblood that filled her veins, the thing that so often cause ridicule against her was her saving grace in this moment.

And still, she wondered, what reason did they have to kill this beast? It had only emerged from its trap, seeking escape, and retaliated when they would not let it pass.

Tears burned at her eyes, tears of despair, even as her ears slicked down to her nape in cold determination. The dragon-girl was half-inclined to begin defending the beast, but she sadly saw that it was unlikely to survive the injuries it had sustained so far anyway. And so, she determined to give it its swiftest, and most painless end possible.

"Ice maiden," she called to the mare, Elsa, though she knew not the other's name. "Ice seems to numb it. Please, use as much of your powers as you can to numb its pain." Her voice was deep and melodic, pleading and at the same time governing. It was her mother's sort of voice, one that rarely found refute in those who heard it. An instant later, the dragongirl was airborne, commanding her spirit companions to cease their attacks - fire only aggravated it, and was a horrible way to die regardless.

Pumping her wings, she aimed to be above the joint of its head and neck, and, hoping to strike the areas already weakened by others, she swung her viciously scythed tail at its neck and aimed to plunge it deep - to sever that vital organ that connected its brain to the rest of its body, to stop it once and for all.

Amaris asks Elsa to use her Ice magic more, as it seems most effective against the beast. She then flies, following it, and positions herself in Silk's wake, hoping to use the weak spots he has (hopefully) created to strike at its neck with her tail, severing its spine.

Seeking a flame Rougarou.
Previous Denial
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable
I look inside myself and see my heart is black

The dark stag let out a shriek of pain and discomfort as his horns pricked the tough hide of the monster, taken off guard by the sudden searing of the skin beneath his mask. Something very big and very strong slammed into him and tossed him aside; he thought he could feel a couple of ribs creak and fracture as he landed in the sand, breath shoved ruthlessly from the lungs.

Angry for real this time as shit suddenly got very personal, he struggled to get up on his feet and listened intently to the battle as he did so, trying to locate each horse and what they were doing with the beast. It was very confusing, but judging by the heat in the air and the increase of rhythm to the giant's steps, fire was being used but not to any great effect; something else had affected it more before he had landed his mournfully pathetic little sting, something that caused a deafening bellow.

Pausing only to take a deep breath and make sure none of the ribs were snapped clean off and could damage him further - and to scrape off the sinister mask that chafed and sored against his burned face - Morir soon threw himself back into the fray, blind yet still fairly aware of what was happening around him.

"Give the fucking fire a rest, it's not working is it!?" he growled in passing to a mare as he passed her, sensing new heat enter the air; if he'd had eyes he would have rolled them. But there was no time to stop and scold the bitch, it wasn't even time to flap his jaws - he had a monster to kill.
Unable to see the steam begin to rise from the water that it had backed out into, Morir plunged in and gasped as the heat of it seared his legs and underbelly. Hoping desperately that wouldn't wouldn't affect his balls in the future he tried to duck in beneath the belly of the beast, coming straight for the wound that first mare had created; if he reached it before being knocked away he'd fumble his way to the jaw bone, seize it with a groan of pain from the heat it issued and try to twist it around, opening up the belly wound even further.

M O R i R
image credit

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
BELLONA
A satisfied smirk bestows the fleeing girl’s maw, but the scaled giant’s retaliation steals her glory for its own. A thick layer of some tar-like substance spills over a rainbow hide as the beast strikes her down. A few black splatters cling to her wings, forcing the fumbling bird to land. Striped pillars burrow in the sand as her body collides with the shore, rolling to the side to minimize the impact in her legs and absorbing as much damage as possible with her barrel. A jeweled neck cranes itself back, allowing the maiden to analyze her body and make note of any wounds. Other than a burnt tongue and a trio of shallow rows on her rump, there is nothing worthy of concern. Green shoulders quiver in response to the muck that spills off them, but the maiden does not share their disgust. She has been coated in blood before, and it does not come as a shock that she is covered in the precious fluid again. If anything, the chieftess yearns to bathe in more of it.

Eager eyes watch the monster as its hide absorbs the flames, dying its scales an angry tone that seems to reflect its own rage. Her blue skull flickers from side to side as she witnesses the others try their hand at destroying it, and her feathered wither twitches in amusement. As far as she can tell, physical attacks to its armored body do almost nothing, and the power of those who can manipulate fire only seem to encourage its tantrum. Orange eyes roll back in disdain. Will she have to teach them all how to fight properly? All but one, at least, for the insolent black unicorn has tried to steal her idea. If the rainbow warrior’s hide could mimic the lizard’s transformation, it would be stained the brightest red of all. How dare he steal her thunder!

A painful screech rips free of her maw as the woman enters the water, stirring the murky surface with her rapidly churning limbs. She is aware of the sting of her wounds as the salty fluid licks them, but her pain is no match for the outrage that has taken hold of her senses. Pushing herself into a canter, the bird readies her instruments for flight. Long locks of hair are cast about as she pushes off, dripping with water as she speeds towards the talkative bone. It will not come as a shock should the beauty reach the beast before the stag does; her aerial prowess and agile movements are enough to prove that. Although it is still possible that the horned man will grab it before she is able to, that will not stop her from trying.

In her attempt to meet with the beast before he does, the peahen gives a powerful stroke of her wings and surges slightly past the embedded weapon. More of the black substance spills upon her coat as she does this, but she deems the mess necessary should her assault go as planned. Angling her body so that her rear hooves line up with the bone, the maiden bunches her muscles and launches her legs towards it. If she has managed to stay near the writhing creature, her barrage should either drive the possessed thing deeper or jar it just enough to hurt. Scratch whatever the unicorn had in mind; this was my idea first.

{Bellona gains three scratches from the monster's claw on her hindquarters, and crashes onto the sand. She watches as the others try to attack it, realizing that physical wounds and flame seem not do much damage. She witnesses Morir lunge for the bone and, outraged, she takes flight to beat him to it. Angling her body so that her hind legs can reach the bone, she kicks out at them, hoping to either wedge it in further or just hit hard enough to hurt.}

Still under 600 words. Seeks a common rougarou companion. Wishlist Denial}

"Talking"
Image Credit

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

ELSA

Staying out of the way seemed to be a good thing. Left and right bodies were being flung into the air, and injured. However, her secret spike worked! She watched as the foot came down upon the spike, burying itself fully into the foot. As the monster pulled away, it even took the rest of it with it. She watched in odd horror and merriment as the beast roared.

It slunk backwards, into the water. Around him, a russet color drained into the water, creating a sickening black-red taint. It sloshed, and his tail was heating it to great lengths. Elsa was then distracted, by a mare who was calling out to her. She wanted her to use the ice more. How was she to do that in superheated water though? Aha! She realized the eyes were the windows to the operator: the brain!

She pushed off in flight, trying to approach from behind. She would need to avoid being overly stressed for using the ice magic required hard concentration. Hoping the beast had not moved or seen her, she hovered behind his head. Then, the master plan which she hoped would induce a massive if not killing headache.

She aimed to frost over his eye, making the base of yet another ice spike. Then, she attempted, with her magic, to push a spike into his right eye, as far as it could go. If she was lucky, the brain was an easy target from here. Otherwise... an eye for an eye would ultimately leave the world blind.

"Talketh."
[ooc;// Elsa tries to fly behind the head and summon and ice spike, using his "eye juices" to freeze over his eye then push a spike into its head. The spike would size wise, because of limits, be the height of her chest.]

denial 1
denial 2

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
Suli's aim had been true, lighting the beast's back aflame while my own attack seemed to cause a brief shortness of breath within it, but despite our own efforts along with those of the rest, the lizard only moved faster and into the water, but not before breathing forth a mighty flame of its own, which thankfully, hadn't been directed towards me.

From above, Suli called in brief greeting to the other draonic soul who seemed to have joined her, but to pay the spirit any mind for more than a second could have very well gotten her killed. Her target was on the move, and until it had been stopped for good, she wouldn't rest.

As others rushed into the water to continue their attacks on the creature, I kept back for a moment, observing the wounds inflicted upon it, the ones that it was about to gain, and what else could be done to disable it further. Its sight seemed to be gone thanks to a painted mare I did not know, forcing the reptile to use its long, forked, barbed tongue to gather its whereabouts.

And then, an idea came to me; what if rather than attacking on the outside, we attacked from the inside?

Through the bond, Suli was able to gather my intentions, and weaving through the air with ease, she whirled around to come face to face with our scaly adversary, violet eyes narrowing with focus as she waited for the most opportune moment. Whether it opened its mouth or flickered its tongue out next, whichever came first, the dragoness let loose another jet of flame towards the lizard's face, intending to burn its tongue or, if she was able, send a wave of fire down its throat.

[Suli flies in front of it and blows another flame for its face, trying to send it down its throat if possible, and if not, try and burn its tongue.]
If only the clockwork could speak, I wouldn't be so alone
We'd burn every magnet and spring, and spiral into the unknown
Image Credit

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just a Dreamer in the Skies

The fire balls worked! Well, at least the ones to the eyes had. I was so excited by the major blow, or what I think is a major blow that I never saw it coming. The creature's right paw smacks painfully across my chest and shoulders, sending me spinning to the ground. My entire body aches from the impact of the paw and the ground. It what seems like minutes is really only seconds. My eyes are blurry as I am dizzy. How could I of been so stupid to lose focus on the creature?

As I rise to my hooves again, checking myself over I figure I am lucky. There are fairly painful cuts across my chest from the creature's claws, and of course they are bleeding. I am going to have to seek a healer after this, but for now I must fight on.

I shift my attention to the creature who had moved to the water. In places the water seems to steam, the heat from the creature turning the water to vapor. I watch as Elsa takes flight, probably going to use her ice magic again. Another, a dark stallion who has hung back seems to be directing a green dragon. I am jealous of him, as he already has a companion. I want one, to be a partner with another being. But for now, I will be their partner. The jade dragoness is attacking the mouth and hopefully the tongue of the creature. I join her, focusing all three of the fire balls that I can make at one time in the same place. Maybe, without the creature's senses Elsa's attack from the air will work. All I know it, we have to get that egg to safety.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Wishlist :: [Zephyr | Phoenix]
Refusals: The Final Task, A Creature Of Blue

Amani is hit by the paw and knocked to the ground sustaining several cuts on her chest that will need a healers attention. She fights on but joining Suli in attacking the creature's mouth/tongue with all three of her fire balls.

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

It took Rei a moment to get up from the blow. Every inch of her now ached. She was scraped up from her earlier tumble and now there were three deeper scratches going down her side. The skin above her hooves burned from the counter attack. Her injuries would have been more bearable if she had done a considerable amount of damage but she hadn't even made a mark on the beast.

Remembering the objects that she had seen earlier whenever she was looking for an alternative key she went back and grabbed a thick sturdy branch. Near it there was also some dried sea-weed and a few large jagged shells. Holding the shells in place with one of her hooves she used the sea-weed and a few strips of bark she peeled from the branch to tie the shells to it. She had made a makeshift spear.

For a minute she simply looked at the weapon she had created. It made her stomach churn uneasily. The pegasus was not a killer. Part of her wished to turn and leave the rest to finish the beast off, but she felt the need to make sure the egg came out of the battle safely. This is not being done out of cruelty. she reminded herself. It was being done out necessity. There is a child that needs protection.

Taking to the air she avoided the water and targeted the places that had been wounded through the efforts of her peers. Gaining speed she dove for the biggest gash on their opponent and tried to dig her spear in.

x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Helovian Ancient

Rei has been disqualified for failing to post a summary.

BRISA: As Brisa neared, the creature opened its mouth, emitting a blast of fire in all direction. It's vision was still rather blurry, and so it didn't bother aiming. The mare's own flames were seemingly ignored by the creature, who once again, appeared to be moving faster than previously. Although her hooves strike the side of its face, they do little damage against its scales. Instead, Brisa is burned by the creatures skin. -5 HP

SATANIC SILK: The creatures scales, now red-hot with the increased fire attacks, badly burn Silk's lips and muzzle. The scales cannot be so easily pried backwards, but those that are slightly lifted, emit scalding steam. As Silk moves towards its eyes, it blows fire in his direction, and sends its barbed tongue towards the pegasus, cutting his left wing. -3 HP

AMARIS: Laughter could be heard from the belly of the beast - where the jawbone was still stuck. It mumbled something which couldn't be heard in response to Amaris' comment about ice slowing it down. Her scythed tail does a far better job of slicing between scales than Silk's teeth had, but still the scales remain quite strong. She does however, cut the flesh beneath, causing the same tar-like blood to poor out. Roaring with pain, the creature snapped at the air, trying to bite off the tail of the wicked dragon-creature, but catching nothing. -15HP

MORIR:: The water under the beast - where the bone is lodged - is nearly boiling. Morir receives very severe burns for his efforts, but does manage to twist the bone slightly, causing the beast to roar and thrash angrily in the water, shuffling forwards slightly. -35HP

BELLONA: Bellona too receives scalding burns for entering the water so close to the creature. As he has ambled forward somewhat, her hind hooves fail to find the bone, but they do succeed in further widening the gash that she had previously inflicted using the instrument. Again, the creature roars in pain, splashing its body in the water and sending scalding waves to all those who were stupid enough to remain close. The water darkens as its blood flows more freely. -28HP

ELSA: Distracted by the pain caused by Morir and Bellona, the creature hardly noticed the body of Elsa flying behind its head. Her ice began to coat the creatures eye. However the circumference began to melt, as the scales of the creature continued to increase in temperature. The spike which might have reached its brain as she desired, dwindled to merely pierce its eye. Thick whitish fluid poured from what was now a blind and useless socket. The water, rather suddenly, became cool. No longer did the air emit heat, and in fact, the water began to slow, as if it were being slowly frozen. The movements of the creature too, as Amaris had predicted, began to slow again as well, and its scales were once again pale, rather than fiery red.-30HP

DESTRIER: Spying the flying dragon, the creature did just as the duo wanted: the creature snapped its barbed tongue from its mouth, aiming to drop the dragon from the air. Suli's fire sizzled as soon as it touched the creatures tongue - like fire hitting ice. The creature roared in pain, while simultaneously its scales began to glow red-hot again. The water around the creature burned and steamed, and its slowed movements were replaced by efficient ones. -25HP

AMANI: Amani's fire has little effect, now that the creature's speed has returned, and its scales have turned red once again. It does not snap at the pegasus, as its tongue is rapidly swelling in its mouth. Where her fireballs hit, its scales shimmer red. The heat from her flames, and its scales melt Elsa's icepick, revealing the horribly pierced blind eyeball of the creature. -3HP

Total HP loss: 309

Total damage dealt

Bellona: -78 HP
Elsa: -60 HP
Morir: -42 HP
Destrier: -32 HP
Amaris: -30 HP
Amani: -23 HP
Brisa: -8 HP
Satanic Silk: -6 HP

Brisa and Satanic Silk have been eliminated, although they may continue to assist.

Nearly blind, with blood flowing easily from its stomach, the creature collapses into the sands: dead.

The jawbone slowly rises to the surface of the water, having been dislodged. "Just incredible. It comments sarcastically. "You've killed it. Well, I should say her. And all because of that egg.... Funny, did any of you even stop to think about what you were doing? For Gods sakes, she didn't even try to attack you. Oh sure, she might have stepped on a few toes getting through that door but, well I mean she was growing after all." Pausing, as if to glare wickedly at each of them through unseen eyes, the jawbone continued still sounding amused. "Well, what's done is done. You're all murderers. Better hurry up, your precious prize is being crushed as we speak."

The creature has fallen onto its belly, mostly out of the water, but most of its hindquarters are still in. You must figure out a way to get at the egg.

You have 24 hours to respond.

Image Credits

ELSA

Everything is flailing about. Roaring screams from all around, blood is staining the water a sickeningly russet color. Elsa nearly vomits, as she sees her own ice slid easily into the eye, piercing it. It no doubt, would leave the animal, or creature, blind.

Suddenly, everything stills. The beast roars and finally falls onto its stomach. Elsa winces at the sight, a lot of it her own doing. What has she done? As if one cue, the boned jaw speaks, as if chastising the group. So the beast... it was a mother. Right then and there Elsa stumbles at her landing, looking at the beast. Her lower lips quiver, wanting to cry. But, there was another, more dire matter, caused by themselves.

There was an egg lodged in a pouch, under the stomach.

She didn't even pause to speak. A few tears fell from her face as she devised her own plan. How could the magic that kill its mother, save a child? The back legs were in the water still, and maybe they could wedge something underneath the mother to push her off of the baby? Elsa attempts to create an ice wedge on the part of the body that is above water, hoping the rotation from the front will rotate the rump. Then, she wanders over to a nearby tree, attempting to snap off a sturdy branch, and then returns. Hoping the body is turned over, and the pouch is exposed, she tries to use the stick to push the egg out of the pouch, so she or another can retrieve it.

This, was a very terrible tragedy. And it was all their fault.

"Talketh."
[ooc;// Elsa is ironically using her magic to try to make a wedge underneath the part of the beast that is above/on the land to make a rotation that will hopefully cause rotation on the water end to essentially flip the beast. She then tries to get a nearby stick/sturdy branch to push the egg out of the pouch so they may try to save it (if the beast was able to be flipped).]

denial 1
denial 2

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
BELLONA
The Aztec's scream pierces the water as the ocean starts to boil, taking in a mouthful of the lizard's lifeblood as she does so. Almost ironically, her lungs begin to freeze from shock as the rest of her body roasts. The salt from the thrashing waves are not a good enough seasoning for the tar, however, and it is causing further damage to tongue. The sooner she can be rid of this awful drink the better, and she is certainly not wasting any time with that.

A blue-crested head breaches the surface just as the ocean drops in temperature. The water-logged vixen dispels a black stream of water as her eyes search the shore. The creature is trying to pull itself on the beach and, like the splashing peahen, pain laces its movements. Panic pierces a hole in her breast at the sight of its crumbling form. Is it going to destroy the very thing she had fought so hard to save? Will someone take the egg before she has even reached the shore?

Using her wings as paddles, the scorched and weary peahen propels herself towards land. There is no hesitation in her step as she leaves the water for better footing. She does not even take the time to pause and lick her wounds. All of her attention is focused on the creature that she has slain, and she sets her course to approach it.

Before she can even consider a plan to roll the great thing over and claim her prize, the rather talkative bone commends her for efforts. It doesn't sound very congratulatory, and the brutal woman gives it a harsh stare. She wonders if it realizes that she almost crushed it earlier. And I'm not afraid to go through with that. The maiden winces as her scaled hide considers another assault. But perhaps not today.

The macabre object goes on to accuse them all of murder, but to the bird, death is a common occurrence. Blue lips curl back in a snarl when the warrior realizes she is not the only victor, however. If it were not for the bone's continuous stream of undesired commentary the peahen would surely have shed more than just the mother's blood. She had the egg's well-being to think about now.

"Those who are airborne, help push the demon over." The role of leader is not an unfamiliar one to the Aztec, but whether or not the others will follow her is a different matter. She has certainly proven her strength and skill by slaying the beast. Adhering to her commands should not come as a second-though to any of those gathered here. "Those who are land-bound, dig beneath the beast."

Deeming her instruments ready for flight, the colorful hybrid takes the sky. Her movements are forced and her path choppy -- she has certainly sustained quite a beating today, but it is nothing that time will not fix -- but she does manage to carry herself to the beast's shoulder. A delicate muzzle sniffs tentatively at its scales and, upon discovering that the lizard lost its heat with death, a green shoulder pushes into its scales. Her idea to move its hulking mass whilst digging a way to the egg is not guaranteed, but it's the best they have.

We worked together to kill it. Let's work together to wrest it of its prize.

{She is scalded all over her hide, and takes in some water and blood in her mouth, which irritates her burnt tongue. Swims to shore and surveys the dead creature, thus coming up with a plan to have the pegasi push the beast over while others dig at the sand beneath it.}

Still under 600 words. Seeks a common rougarou companion. Wishlist Denial}

"Talking"
Image Credit

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable
I look inside myself and see my heart is black

The pain is excruciating, so much that he felt like he might go insane. The mouth burned too as lips closed around foul tasting bone, teeth grasping and twisting ever so slightly before it is jerked away. He can hear the beast bellow somewhere above, but beyond the pain there was very little that mattered to him, not even the brutish shoving of another who come rushing in to try and do the job better than himself. If he'd been in his normal fit state Morir might have laughed before kicking in the face of the bitch, but as it was he merely groaned, a sound halfway between curse and agonizing scream, before he began the struggle to get away from beneath the splattering, churning ocean.

Then, all of a sudden, the heat was gone. The change was so sudden that he first didn't register, then a horrible shriek of torturous pain tore from his throat when the damaged nerve ends were submitted to sudden cold. Paralyzed the stallion fell down neck-deep into the water, the limbs unable to hold him up anymore. Each breath ached and pained him, he just wanted to break down and cry, it hurt so much.

A sob truly did heave the deep chest once the water began to heat up again. Had another idiot tried to use fire again? He wanted to fucking kill whatever son of a bitch it was that had done it, and he would - as soon as he was able to move again. Somehow, by sheer force of will, the unicorn managed to drag himself out of the path of the monster as it began to stagger. Slowly, gradually he dragged himself up from the steaming water, winching and grimacing wildly for each step; the feel of tiny grains against the boiled hooves was torture, the water that streamed down his drenched hide sheer hell.

When the bone - or whatever the fuck it was - started to go off about cruelty and thoughtlessness, Morir just snorted. "Who the fuck cares" he growled and limped over towards the creature, in too much pain to give a rats ass about anyone else. "I felt like doing it so I did, and you sure as hell enjoyed it too you fucking hypocrite, or you would have stopped these gullible bastards. But did you? No. So unless you have something useful to say I suggest you shut the hell up."

He hung back while the others chatted, too tired to try and come up with something useful himself. Gritting his teeth against the pain he shuffled his way closer to the scaly carcass as soon as he heard it shift - how it was done he didn't know, and he couldn't care less. "Get out of the way" he snarled at someone nearby and forced access, soon beginning to prod the belly of the creature should it have been flipped. After getting a decent sense of where the egg was - he thought himself able to feel a bloating at a certain place, something hard within a sack of moving skin - he took a painful step back and lowered the head, trying to use his horns to slash the egg-sack open and cut the orb free. A severely burned, dark leg was quickly held out to break the speed of the fall should the egg roll down into the blood-soaked sand.

Ooc: If Elsa and Bellona manages to roll the monster over on its side, Morir moves forward, try to shove her aside and attempt to cut the egg-sack open with his longest horn, holding out a leg to ease the fall in case the egg rolls off the body.

Seeks a [Griffin | Draining Clutch ]

M O R i R
image credit

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
Noise all around, chaos, blood, tar, boiling water. The dragon girl didn't know what to think, what to do - tears burned behind her eyes at the thought of killing this poor beast, and all for what? So that one of them could claim its egg for their own instead of letting nature take its course? What made them worthy of ending life, worthy of deciding who could live and die in this world? And yet, amongst the chaos, the ice and the biting and slashing, the fire and the water splashing, the beast finally fell, leaving only the jaw's empty, hollow laughter in its wake. As others scrambled or licked their wounds, the girl flew higher, grateful for her wings, and for once in her life, for the scales that lined her hide, that protected her. Dragons strong, one of her companions commented, in a tone that much suggested she was simply pointing out an obvious feature. I was lucky, Amaris replied quietly, her golden gaze looking below to see the group effort being taken to turn the creature over.

The girl was conflicted, the jawbone's words cutting her deep. I did not want to kill it, she murmured, to herself or her companions, she didn't really know. They left her to her thoughts, knowing there was little else to say. For dragons, death was a large part of survival - the death of one's prey especially. They did not weep as the girl did, they did not care that their actions helped to slay another life - the spirits were dead already anyway, and knew what awaited the creature in its next life. But did it deserve to die?

One thing was for sure, at least. The egg certainly didn't deserve to die.

At least the majority seemed to agree on that as easily as they agreed on ending the life before. The girl watched as they worked, and saw how they attempted to roll the beast over, to expose the sac that would contain the egg, to extract it. Perhaps it was conceited of her to think that their horns would not be enough to cut the sac open, but her scythe could do it. Angling herself so that she would not collide with anyone else, the girl entered a smooth dive, angling herself so that her tucked-in legs were barely inches away from the carcass of the 'monster'. Concentrating hard, she swung her scythe out with hopes to slash the top-most part of the pouch, to expose the egg within. Passing the beast and lifting her flight once more with some hard beats of her wings, she turned to view the situation, hoping to see one of the others who stood close by cradling it safely onto the sands below.

Putting some distance between herself and the rest of those gathered, the girl landed upon the beach, chest heaving from her effort, though she did not look nearly as bad as some others. Amaris felt no sense of triumph, no satisfaction anything that had occurred, she merely looked on with sad, silent eyes, hoping to see something good, something positive happen.

Hoping the others are successful in rolling the beast over, Amaris flies in to slash at its pouch with her scythe, hoping that someone is able to catch it (or that it lands softly on the sand).

Seeking a flame Rougarou.
Previous Denial
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
It was dead. The mighty beast had fallen, and for what?

As the lizard collapsed, a terrible feeling began to swell within the pit of my stomach, made only worse as that jawbone began to speak to us all once more. It felt as though somebody had put a stake through his heart in that instant. If not for the actions of the rest, would I have done differently? What had driven me to assist in killing the strange creature? Had I truly been worried for the whole of Helovia, simply because the creature had been foreign to my eyes, or was it deeply buried greed that had pushed me to murder, to be so cruel? It had been no thief of an egg, no monster, only a mother harboring and protecting its own child, just as I would have done if Laila or Luken had been under attack. Today, I was the monster.

But it was too late to take anything back now. She was dead, and though I was certain the memory of the attack would haunt me for weeks to come, we needed to get the egg to try and at least ensure its survival.

Hesitantly I stepped forward, watching through grief-stricken eyes as the others began to try and flip the deceased over, and at once I felt the soothing presence of my bonded as she returned from the skies to hover just above me. 'We help,' she spoke through the bond, to which I heaved a heavy sigh and gave a singular nod of my head before moving closer to the lizard, ears tipping back as others began to hack and slice at the belly.

"I think we've caused her enough damage," firm voice spoke as my feathery feet met the shallow water, "Let Suli grab the egg out so that this isn't all in vain." The little green moved in then, resisting the urge to send a hiss at the skull-bearing stallion as she carefully moved towards the pouch. If she was able to reach it, she wrapped her wings around it and carefully pulled it out, ever gentle, a stark contrast to her behavior just minutes earlier.

[Moves close to the lizard, clearly distraught by what they've all done and is upset with the actions of Amaris and Morir. Suli tries moving to the pouch and pulled the egg out by wrapping her wings around it.]
If only the clockwork could speak, I wouldn't be so alone
We'd burn every magnet and spring, and spiral into the unknown
Image Credit

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Helovian Ancient

Amani has been disqualified for failing to post. Bellona and Elsa received an extra roll in this drop for having the highest damage dealt.

Congratulations BELLONA!

Although the creature does roll over, their attack-first and think-later tactics have failed them. Whether it was during the initial attacks, the death of the creature, or the whirring tail and horns of Amaris and Morir, the egg was smashed open. Clear fluid drained from the slashed open pouch, and the embryo of some creature lay dead upon the sands. Bits of shell fell helplessly broken around it.

"Wonderful job. I mean really excellent." The jawbone chastised coldly. "You go and kill the mother from trying to escape whatever sort of hell she was in, and in the process of your greed and stupidity, kill the child. Wow"

Although the jawbone was inanimate, it was clearly frowning. The dead remains of whatever this baby might have become were magically lifted, as the bits of shell scooped it together. Magic began to heal the cracks and bind the shell back together again, as a warm light poured out of the egg, before it closed finally. The egg rolled towards Bellona.

"Hopefully it isn't dead" The jawbone muttered, before falling silent.

Only Morir, Destrier, Amaris, and Elsa may use this drop as a refusal.
List, Roll

Image Credits