the Rift

[OPEN] :: Unicorn Mountain Climbing Race ::

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zünden gazed ahead not wanting to miss a second of start time. Once the giant turtle yells start the storm filly shoves her hind feet into the ground spraying rocks behind her as she takes off. Flying over the rocks the storm doe holds a calm steady place waiting for her chance to use her superior speed and climbing skill to take the lead. After a moments of being next to the winged and horned foal she noticed the fire flaring up around her. Bleating in surprise and mild panic the doe goat jumped around the filly taking a path farther away from her than she had been. The terrible scent of burnt hair wafted through the air causing the young Ibex doe to wrinkle her nose. Sneezing the goat hopped and ran up the mountain knowing she would win if it was the last thing she did.

Keeping clear of the fire goat she pressed on watching out to see if other stubby tailed goats were bearing magic. As she ran it became apparent that something was changing in the weather. Great white fluffy specks were floating down from the sky. Wondering what it was, having never even see snow before, she stuck her tongue out in an experiment . One of the crystal flakes fluttered onto her slender pink muscle. The sweetness reminded her vaguely of fresh flowers, especially Tulips. Shaking her head to clear it of the sweetness she kept going, bounding from here to there. The powdery coating was slick, but only on places that were already difficult to find footing. It wasn't that hard to find places that would not be slick or difficult to stand on.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 281
Notes: Sugar!
Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
x - x

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
The peppy young buck could not help but smile at he bounced from foothold to foothold. He could tell he needed to step it up, when someone else passed him with ease. Bleating in exasperation the wiry black and gold goat boy pressed his hooves down leaping harder in order to draw his body up faster. Ilios had to win so he could prove that he was good enough. He wanted to be good enough for his parents, especially his silver father. He really wanted to make Ciceron like him enough to come and live in the Edge with himself and his mother, Parelia. Winning this race was the best way he could see how to accomplish that.

Blocking out everyone else besides the goats in front of his silver eyes he leaped trying his hardest to pass everyone and take the lead. He missed the small occasional white spot floating from the heavens. He couldn't help be see the sugar when it turned into a blizzard of it. Gasping in surprise he swallowed some of the powder the sweet taste gave him an idea. Opening his mouth he tried to catch as much as possible in hopes the sugar would kick in because of how foreign it was to his young body. Bouncing happy again the youngster bounded up the rocky slope faster, but not struggling. As the next hoop loomed ahead he hopped easily through it smiling as he did so.

"Speech" 'Thoughts'
TAGS: N/A
NOTES: And... HYPER drive!
WORDS: 243

Table by Moonstone Designs || Image by: XX
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
Call my name and safe me from the dark

Excitement pounded through the medium sized purple and pink doe as she skipped from foothold to foothold. He split hooves easily found every little nook and cranny. This was so much fun! She felt much like a young foal again as she jumped from place to place following everyone else. She was sure winning as in everyone's mind, but she was having fun just participating in this hilarious race. Alija was doing fairly well with keeping up with everyone, but she really did want to do her best and maybe even win. Not that being the victor was all that important, but it would be really fun to say she had beaten all of these other unicorn goats here.

Once it started to snow she sighed unsure how they were all going to make it in the snow, because it would get really slick here any time. Flicking her tongue out she caught a piece of the ice... No wait, t was WAY to sweet and savory to be snow. Was this a trick that massive turtle was playing on them all? Either way she laughed in her goat voice bleating happily as she tried to pass a few more of the others. Smiling she bounded up towards the next hoop and leaped threw it and onto the next ledge.

"Speech"
Tag;;
Words;; 220
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Character Name || Roll

Lena || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Erebos || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Morir || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Rostislav || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Cashmere || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Ophelia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Ulrik || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
Aithniel || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Illynx || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
Rikyn || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Biru || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Kari || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Thranduil || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Ciceron || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
Sacre || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
Oxy || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4)
Zunden || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
Ilios || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
Alija || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Admin notation | Character Name | Event

-2 | Lena | Lena is affected by Oxy's magic. As she is affected by anemia, she finds it difficult to climb for the thirty seconds or so and she loses TWO PLACES.

-1 | Erebos | Erebos is caught by Imogen's fire. The burns cause him to lose TWO PLACES.

0 | Morir | He tries to run forward, but blindness hinders him. He remains in the same position.

+3 | Rostislav | Perhaps knowing where his rocks will fall has given him an advantage. He gains ONE PLACE.

0 | Cashmere | Aithniel's fire, still kicked up by the excited filly, causes Cashmere to take a long road around. She remains in the same position.

+2 | Ophelia | Tinek's shielding allows her to find a clear path up the mountain. She gains TWO PLACES.

0 | Ulrik | While the umbrella clears the way from him, all of the drag created by the metal contraption slows him down. He remains in the same position.

+2 | Aithniel | While the thick layer of sugar slows her down, the sugar rush sends her forward with new energy. She remains in the same position.

0 | Illynx | While she tries valiantly to catch Rostislav, all of the snow sent flying about by her Engineer's umbrella prevents her from gaining any ground. She remains in the same position.

+3 | Rikyn | His desire to race ahead of Rostislav's rock magic sends him surging forward. He gains ONE PLACE.

x | Biru | Biru is hit directly by Rikyn's magic. The puppeteer drives him off course and he misses the ring. He is ELIMINATED.

+2 | Kari | Kari is smart to dive out of the way of the fire magic from Aithniel's hooves. He gains TWO PLACES.

-2 | Thranduil | The rocks that Rostislav sends flying down the mountain crash cruelly into the spy. He loses TWO PLACES.

+3 | Ciceron | Driving the falling rocks out of his way is a smart move. He gains TWO PLACES.

0 | Sacre | While is magic is powerful, using it leaves Sacre drained as well. He loses TWO PLACES.

+1 | Oxy | Getting a taste of his own medicine, Oxy is affected by Sacre's magic. While his blood leeches from his body, he is unable to gain any ground. He remains in the same position.

+1 | Zunden | Zunden is small and able, and the sugar seems to give her a rush of energy. She gains ONE PLACE.

x | Ilios | Ciceron's boulders, driven about by his horns, crash directly towards Ilios. As he has to dive out of the way, he swings wide of the second ring and is ELMINATED.

0 | Alija | While she bounds upwards successfully, all of the chaos around her serves as a distraction and she remains in the same position.

“Choose, choose! Left or right!” the turtle calls out. If the goats look ahead they will see what he means. The mountain, as the climb upwards, is split by a large ravine for a portion. There are two clear paths up either side- one to the left and one to the right. Of course, it is not so easy as left or right. Each direction has its own share of perils and chaos to add to the magic being flung wildly about by the participants.

TO THE LEFT, the ground turns from white and gray to a brilliant rainbow color tie-dye.
TO THE RIGHT, the ground begins to shimmer like it is made of mirrors.

Both directions play strange tricks on the eyes. Make a choice!

Round three begins here for those who were not eliminated! You have 72 hours to post.
The odds are the same whether you go left or right.
As a reminder, as there are so many of you, shorter is better- please and thanks!!

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zünden's confidence soared as she raced passed the other competitors, she was gong to win! Lifting her small goat head she picked up the pace, feeling they were all nearing the end. Maybe if she was first her massive father, Krieger, would love her even more. Maybe she could win his favor and he would teach her how to be a great fighter like she was sure he was. As the Turtle's booming voice rang through the air she turns right, without even casting a look to the left path. She hopes that picking the, hopefully, less traveled path would be the best bet for her.

As she made it onto the new lane the sun sparkled off the ground below her slit hooves. Squinting slightly she pressed her medal to the metal stretching her legs out to carefully grab at the reflective surface. Shoving her small body over the ground the young doe dove up what was left of the mountain trying not to look at the mirror like ground below her. She was sure if she looked to long at herself in the glossy ground she would not be able to move without double guessing her instincts. Bounding forward she spotted another ring and dove through it landing nimbly on the other side and continuing on her way up. She kept her leaping pace determined to reach the very point of the mountain.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 235
Notes: Right!
Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
x - x

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre;
Sacre felt a heavy burden come over him all of a sudden. It was like the life from him was being drained! Ever since he felt something odd emit from himself earlier, the colt had felt his legs become heavier and heavier. Like whatever had just happened had drained him of his much needed energy. Inari watched his bonded with a stricken look of deep concern as the goat form of Sacre began to heave. The colt watched with teeth grit as two came past him and he lost all the ground he had initially made up on the field. On weary, knobbly legs the young spy took a deep breath of much needed air and focussed his gaze on the next challenge.

A scary looking ravine that split into two!

He heard the Godly voice beckon for them to choose a path, right or left and each looked to have their own strange characteristics. On one side the rocks changed to dazzling mirrors that reflected the world around them and the other was a rainbow road of multicolour tie-dye. Both played weird tricks on his eyes and in the end, his bubbly red companion made the decision for him and sped towards the road of many colours. Cloven hooves touched the rainbow surface and his weary body fumbled along, trying his best not to be distracted by the colours and instead focus on the tiny hide of Inari until blue eyes saw the rim of the next hoop and he leaped forwards in attempt to clear it. Hoping, praying that he would have enough left in his tiny goat body to last him to the finish line.

[Sacre chooses left!
W/C: 278]
But I'm cold as the wind blows
so hold me in your arms;
kaydeniro & larfsalot @deviantart | subtlepatterns.com

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
Call my name and safe me from the dark

Alija watches as a few of the others running around as well try to dodge falling rocks and miss the golden hoop. She felt bad for them, but it also stirred a deep longing to win for them. Pushing off harder she strove to surpass her rivals and claim whatever prize was above them. Steel blue eyes followed the path where her feet were carefully placed. Bouncing from cleft to cleft she smiled determined to reach the place first. A few larger rocks slipped out from under her hind feet causing a mild rock slide behind her. She hoped that everyone would be able to get clear in time, but she didn't dare look back. The purple and pink doe would stay behind to see if anyone needed help after this insane work out.

The turtle's strong voice drew her attention she paused for a half a second to look at her options, before turning left. The colors do not bother her in the least, being made of the brightest of bright colors herself. Intelligent eyes rove over the ground making sure the different hues would not trick her into seeing holes when there was only shadows. Carefully she pressed on jumping easily to and fro, before bounding through the next golden loop.

"Speech"
Tag;;
Words;; 213
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere

All of the little unicorn goats and of course there's fire and rocks and everything flying at me. As fire rains down from companions and little goaties, I can't help but attempt to dodge it all. Are these beasts MAD?! I know we all want to win, but let's not die in the attempt. This is to be for FUN and I don't think the Gods are quite so bloodthirsty and heartless. It takes me awhile to find a safe way around, but at least I'm in one piece (albeit a goat and covered in sugar). But now of course there's a new way for us to BLAAAAAH to our death. Some ravine that has come out of nowhere - why not?! The paths laid before us are simple: right or left. To the left appears to be rainbow tie-dyed sugar, and to the right seems to be.. shimmery reflective sugar. A few other goats seem to be heading to the left, so to be different and maybe get ahead without the traffic of the others, I go to the right. It's a little terrifying, I won't lie - I can't totally be sure when I'm stepping on ground and when I'm stepping up shimmering sky - and shimmering Cashmere. I BLAAAAAAAAH in mild panic, but rush ahead, hoping that it will end soon and the ground will return to normal. That maybe ALL of this insanity will return to normal. I look around at the others and try to ward them off with a warning bleat, hoping that maybe I can discourage them from following me. "BLAAAAAAAAH!!"

WC: 265
Cashmere chooses the right because it looks less busy! Also, short is my forté!

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

I cackle with foolish, goatee (hahaha) glee at the success of my little rockslide that I've started. I look back and see several of my unicorn companions have been knocked about and their plans bungled. I turn ahead and plunge ahead, seeing that there are only a couple in the lead with me. Excellent! Perhaps I can win this? My little hooves plunge into the sugary ground, but what's this - trouble ahead! A ravine has appeared seemingly out of nowhere, and it is our job to dodge it. To the left, the sugar turns to some rainbow-y stuff, and to the right, it looks like a bunch of broken mirrors. Well - I dunno exactly if those are broken mirrors there on the ground, but anyone to go that way is absolutely crazy! I'm not stupid. I turn to look at the left side again. Rainbow it is! I dash to the left and struggle up the strange rainbow sugar stuff. I wonder if anyone will look at me differently, and judge my sexuality by my choice of path. I sure hope not. I have a moment where I freeze in panic and fall to the ground. FAINTING GOAT DAMNIT! It wears off after a moment, and I rise to my feet, struggling onward with a distressed BLAAAAAAAH!!!!!! No, mustn't lose! MUSTN'T LOSE! They'll all look at my poor fat little self differently if I lose, especially after fainting like a pansy. Nope, gotta beat all these little buggers, damn their bleating selves.

WC: 252
Rosti chooses left!

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
A metallic umbrella lingering overhead a particularly furry goat alerts the mare to Ulrik’s presence as she charges after Rotislav with intent to kill in just enough time for her to recognize him – and then sugar is burning her eyes as it streams off the edges of the umbrella and into the air. Snarling in a very odd way (for she has the larynx of a goat, not her usual pristine, satin coos!), she bounds sideways to escape the trail of assault only to find herself in the exact same position she’d been in before her infuriated attempts to gouge at whatever part of the rock throwing goat she could get a hold of.

When directions come into play, little thought is given to the two roads that veer into the distance other than she knows the one she is taking is rainbow and has an idiot goat at the end of it who grabs her tail and tosses rocks like a buffoon. Perhaps its not the smartest tactic, to drive forward in a race with the sole intension of catching one of the head of the pack to beat his head against things, but its what her tactic is.

A thought does break her bounding dash onto the rainbow boulevard, however, and she gathers her will to herself and turns her eyes back for the briefest of seconds to send bolts of electricity charging towards the stones on either side of the path that she now charges on, hoping to block up the road with loosened boulders.

She doesn’t look to see if its done any good – she’s back in it to kill.

[ OOC: Illynx goes left, still tailing Rostislav with murderous intents. She projects two electrical bolts towards the stones on either side of the path, hoping to tear some loose and create a barrier of sorts that will slow the other racers or force them right. ]

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
I watch the man nearest to us seemingly dash off in a completely foolish direction after I’d looked at him with the intent to get him to go away, and while I would normally be reserved in the conclusion that I had done it to him, it was odd that it had happened right after it felt like my head was going to explode and that he prances off and away from the nearest golden hoop exactly like I’d imagined him to. It’s a bit of a shock, to be honest, and I’m sure my goat face reads as much as I forge onwards, a wide eyed glance spared Aithniel before I furrow my brows and continue on.

It wouldn’t be sporty of me to cause someone else to lose and just give up, would it?

Filled with a new drive, my little hooves spur me on towards the two paths that diverge, and I take the right one – mostly because it’s shiny and the other one makes me think of pixy puke.

Its only me and two other guys it seems like in the front, but I can hear Aithniel’s hooves still beating behind me and can’t help but wonder if she’ll follow me – and where Erebos has gone. I can’t hear him running with us anymore but I’m not going to spare the time to look back, not when it seems like I may have a chance at winning.

[ OOC: Rikyn goes right! ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Thanks to Tinek, Ophelia was able to navigate the sugar rather well. She smiled and thanked her dragon friend with a congratulatory "you did it, Tinek!" through their beautiful bond. He trilled in excitement at his success, and together, they found their way in a new spot in the lineup. Thanks to him, they had gained ground! The white goat sped past many as they dropped behind, and she now found herself with a tiny goat and a few others.

Much to her dismay, the paths split up ahead, and she naturally went left. She tried not to think about her decision too much. After all, this was a race, and she was trying to win. Standing and weighing the philosophical choices of left and right would not be wise. Then again, maybe she should have gone right! The ground beneath her hooves turned into a rainbow vomit that she couldn't see past. Her feet slipped and slid on rocks she couldn't differentiate from one another.

Frustrated, she grunted and tried just jumping forward, slipping and then repeating in bounds. Tinek decided to help out then too, grabbing a hold of her shoulders with his long talons (she was much smaller as a goat), and carrying her over the rainbow rocks that she couldn't see right. Ophelia felt like she was flying. She was a partially flying, partially jumping goat.

It was magical.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik was getting a little testy. The damn dragon helped the white goat move forward. Kirchoff was still laughing at the bottom of the mountain. And, his metal umbrella only seemed to slow him down! SO, the stallion broke down the umbrella with his magic and decided just to tackle this mountain the old fashion way: brute strength. The large, hairy goat jumped up the mountain slowly, watching so many move past him that he was frustrated.

Just a race, right? He huffed and puffed his way up until there was a fork in the road, and he ran to the right hand side. The ground became a series of mirrors, which thoroughly threw off his eyes, so he decided to close them and run for it up the mountain without much thought.

Ulrik would open his eyes every so often to peek through to make sure he was going the right direction. Every now and then, he would stumble over a rock, but he figured just running for it was better than winding up confused and sick with vertigo and nausea from the mirror floor. The Engineer was using some fairly unintelligent ingenuity, but only luck would tell of this was genius or madness.

WC: 206

lulzrik

(Please tag me in every post)

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL

Aithniel was mad that Rikyn excelled. Well, that wasn't the right wording. She was glad that Rikyn raced forward, but she was mad at herself for not being able to keep up. He was a little older, and his goat body seemed to have longer legs. But, she was little. Didn't that count for anything? Apparently not so much. Maybe the sugar overdose was making her cranky, so she tried to just calm down and keep running.

She saw Rikyn up ahead go right, so she decided to follow in the hopes tha this good luck would rub off on her a little. He had to be doing something right! The white demi-god goat child scrambled up the banks until the ground beneath her turned into some sort of shiny, shimmering material. What was strange was that she could see herself reflected back at her! Weird! IN some ways the ground was like a river, but definitely more shiny.

Rikyn seemed to be getting sick, and she felt bad. Actually, she was starting to feel a little sick too, and she didn't imagine blowing everything up with fire would help. Aithniel stuck it out, dragging herself up and trying not to look down in case she did actually get sick. Wobbly hooves tentatively reached out and over the rocks as she climbed, careful not to get stuck or lost in the mirror maze.

"Talking"
Image Credit

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

OXY.
I never said that I want this
Whatever is happening to you, you do not like it at all. Your previously brown-ish sides start turning crimson as your blood leaks from your vessels out of your body. Your tongue grows dry, your muscles grow weak and you almost wonder if you used your magic on yourself. But no- you remind yourself through your sudden tiredness, your magic does not leave blood leaking from your body. That is... no, that's not how it works at all. You frown, trying to figure out what is happening, but at least you seem to recover well enough.

Now, why you're still running this race... You consider stopping and just going back down the mountainside but when you look behind you, you find that there are so many others behind you that to turn around would mean getting trampled. As you prefer not to be trampled, you just keeping leaping forwards, body growing damp with sweat around the dried blood that has accumulated there.

As you leap upwards, bearing left at the Turtle's command, your companion suddenly decides to help you. She flits forward towards those in the front, randomly flying in front of a goat and then using her innate ability to transform into their worst fear. Periodically, she also uses her magic to pick up a rainbow colored rock and flail it at whomever is nearest. All the while, you try your hardest to find your footing on this impossibly colored ground. It's difficult, as one rock seems to blend into the other and the colors make finding good footing impossible. You hope this foolishness is over soon.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

As the boulders and fire seemed to dissipate the higher he climbed a huge sigh of relief sounded from his little goat frame. It was about time but what would be next for the challengers? His muscles were beginning to feel the strain but regardless he pushed forward with his mind set on winning. Knocking all those boulders out of his way at least seemed to pay off given he had passed two other contestants. Licking some more of the powdered sugar from his coat to help sustain his energy he bounded forward towards the next ring hoping to get there before the rest of them came and sabotaged the course.

Rounding a curve found him at a split in the road with the decision to choose which way he would take. Looking to the left seemed to bring more whiteness and strange colours while to the right the ground seemed to shimmer from something odd. Well he had had enough of the whiteness with all this sugar so why not take the opposite, besides shimming wasn't all that bad after all he hoped. The flashes of light to the left also helped to make his decision who knows what or who was getting fried by that crap, not him. Bouncing with excitement up the few rocks he veered to the right to take on this next part of the puzzling race. Eyes widening cautiously he takes his first steps onto the glassy surface and tries to concentrate on finding the other side. Pushing himself through the mirrored field played strange tricks on his eyes making things appear and disappear but he refused to be distracted by them.

summary: Ciceron goes right.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
EREBOS
It only took a few passing moments, a frenzy of sugar, a twirling delight of powder and crystals, to go horribly awry.

A blast of fire scorched and licked at his shoulder, at his skin, brutal, searing, singing through the thick pelt and fur of his goat coat, and he instantly cried out at the overwhelming pain burrowed, hollowed, carved, and fractured into his soul. What had been so innocent, what had beguiled and allured him into a frenzy of jubilation, had twisted and distorted into a nightmarish regime, and the tears stinging his eyes said nothing for the anguish languished and seething within his little frame. Protected, guided, and cherished, he’d never felt the crippling terror of this unholy inferno, this ancient, arcane abyss, where the world treated one as dirt, as nothing, for the sake of something else entirely. What made it worse, as he feebly stumbled through the haze of agony and terror, was that everything swirled by, awakened by the challenge, by the nuance, by the sentiments of glory and victory; his friends carried on, his herdmates advanced, and he was left with naught but an overwhelming misery. At first, as they swept by, he pleaded and begged in tiny bleats, and when only the drumming of hoofbeats, and tiny, pebbled stones flicked back his way, he ceased the melancholy calls and the segmented laments, blinked away his chaotic tears, and strived to overcome.

All he received for his efforts was a cruel, anarchic swell of frustration and anger. The once limber youth, when not mauled and maligned by burns, breathed slowly, resiliently, and struggled to put the horrific throbs behind him, locked away in some sector of his mind he didn’t need at the moment. His emotions tumbled in wild, ferocious splendor – fear and hindering became wrath, and it exploded from him in unsettling waves, for each step he made, dragging his battered frame up the mountainside, a fierce, pervading essence toiled and plunged from him (and he remembered the cool, indifferent features of his father as he massacred wolves; embraced the shallow, bitter entrails, bit back a chilling reverie). Like a sickening, unwinding, uncontrolled barbarity, he felt pieces of him erupt and funnel towards the other participants, dark, unholy, singeing and scarring, contorting and unraveling, motioning back the stitches of repose and ensuring sedition. He didn’t know what it was, and didn’t bother to mull over the vicious connections streaming, pulsing through his sudden, heartless void, only following the steps of his companions, turning right, plunging his way through the subterfuge.

[Erebos, burned, frustrated and in pain, unknowingly unleashes his dark magic (which follows along the lines of being able to manipulate another’s dark magic). He chooses right.]
Image Credit

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
The two majestic creatures rolled on through the abyss, onward towards glory or some aspect of its glittering decibels and mischievous gems, when the nymph, once visualizing a sugared world, felt the aspects of its surface teetering, blurring, cloudy and murky pendulums, as if she were scrambling amongst labyrinths and warrens. She slowed, adrift, shook her head repeatedly against this sudden, strange onslaught, and discovered the ground coming to meet her – bashing against the powdered veneer of the mountain with her determined, stalwart features. Somewhere, she heard Imogen pleading, crying, or chirping, and she was very tired, her legs trembling with the exerted effort of rising again. In the back of her mind, the little vixen pulsed and pierced, screeching Are you okay? and Sing! Sing!, but her skull whirled and some sharpened rock had pierced her goat brow, a trickle of crimson flowed down, dripping along her maw, and the sylph nearly spun hellbounds again for the effort of moving forward. The rest of her brethren carried on, lumbered or passed beside her, and for a few moments, so lost, so perplexed, so exhausted and worn, she merely watched them slip away.

Imogen, for all of her efforts, hissed and attempted to rein in her sparked temper (because she knew her beloved had been assaulted; even if she too had done so in the sake of games and competition), but it did little good. Her maw and tails were an unwinding frenzy of fire, furious she hadn’t prevented this instance, maddened because she hadn’t done enough, and riled because no matter what she did, Lena kept saying It’s okay and I’m fine through their shared void, even though she was the exact opposite and continued to sacrifice every waking moment to witness her friends chase after their dreams. The only other thing the maiden did, with her winsome graces and soft, illustrious heart, was hum a little tune under her breath to assuage Imogen’s fears.

They lumbered on, slowly, listlessly, languidly, for some parts and portions, despite a hope squandered and fleeting, still emboldened her resolute shield: she wanted to witness what was at the end of this turtle’s great expanse, she wanted to wander through the peaks and valleys, and she wanted to see her comrades succeed, even at the cost of her own fortune. Eventually, somehow, her stride managed to strike back into a regular nuance, and even with her head still punctured and bleeding, she twisted their forms to the left, down towards the peculiar array of rainbow hues and dyed merriment.

[Lena, exhausted from Oxy’s anemia assault, falls and hits her brow on a sharpened rock. Imogen, furious, still continues to unleash her fire. Lena sings for a few moments, regaining former mobility after 30 seconds and soothing her rattled companion. They choose left.]
Lena

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable
so make me your deadman, with only poison in my veins,
stuck in your wonderland,
stagnated by the passivity, I'm gonna make you b l e e d like me;

It was hard to judge whether he was making any progress, but the general feeling he got was of stumbling and scrambling on the same spot without getting anywhere. Frustration was mounting within the black goat/unicorn and he let out a long, angry bleat that did nothing but allow himself some venting.

Chaos reigned all around him. There were clappering hooves, bleats, tumbling rocks and the searing heat of fire, and through it all someone shouted for a change of direction, and Morir hadn't the faintest idea where he was placing his feet. This whole idea was starting to seem a foolish venture - what the heck was he doing in a race full of seeing, why was he even there, what was he doing? It must have been one of his more idiotic decisions, on par with joining Confutatis and letting Thranduil escape with his life. He would end up regretting this for sure, he would slip and fall and the crows would get a feast off his rotting carcass and no one would ever question why he had disappeared because no one - perhaps with the sole exception of Sheba, and she wasn't exactly the most trustworthy of souls - knew him to be there at all.

It was uncharacteristic for the normally so confident stag to loose heart, but even as he veered to the left and kept stumbling on through the never-ending darkness he could feel desperation turn into despair and weigh on his heart. It slowed him down, it would likely make him loose even more ground to those light-footed and strong and seeing but he couldn't bring himself to care.

What did it matter anyway?

chaoticmelodies & larfsalot @deviantart | subtlepatterns.com

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies!