the Rift

[PRIVATE] (one) A planted seed
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia left the Sun God's presence and the temporary respite she had felt. Her mother was still dead. She closed her eyes and all she saw was her decayed body, lifeless, filmy eyes staring into the void. Phi wished that she could see what she was looking at. She wished she knew where she was. If she was happy... The stab wound through her chest made her think that Soleil was anything but happy in the afterlife. Her heart was empty, beating dully in her chest.

The numbness was filling her, mind and soul, and she walked north to the snow, the only comfort she truly knew. As she moved beneath the star filled sky, she knew the earth had shifted. A crisp breeze lifted the white and bloody tresses from her neck and made the short hairs of her white coat stand on end. In the sky hung a large, full moon, and she took a deep breath.

Feeling nothing, the numbness, the void... it wore on you after a while. Despite everything she threw inside, every positive memory or silver lining, it was swallowed whole and still the emptiness inside persisted. Dull, heterochromatic eyes looked up to see the large rotunda where she had met Torleik for the second time, and she walked up the steps to take respite for the night. Listlessly, her cloven hooves carried her to a far pillar where she laid down, resting her nose against he marble floor.

The Sun God had asked her to carefully manipulate three others. At one point in her life, she would have balked at his request. Manipulation was a cruel game. But now? She didn't give a single fuck. May those who murdered her mother rot in hell as well as those who pretended to love her. Osiris, The God of Time, and even Mauja?... How could they? How could he play with her heart that way? Now, she just had to wait for an opportunity to come along, to learn their struggles and softly plant seeds of ideas in the right climate to bloom.

Ophelia was under no illusion that the task would be easy. The cultivation of such a seed required care and such a delicate schooling of features that she would have to plunge the depths of her dishonesty.

@[Cirrus]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Numbness was a sensation I was familiar with. The removal of all emotion, the silencing of all feelings, physical or otherwise, was something I lived with. Thoughts of happiness, of peace, of chaos, of violence were all fleeting, never filling the void that existed within my soul, even as the world around me carried on in its blissfully ignorant way. I thought of the faces that were familiar to me now, the ones I had met since your parting, and their images brought me momentary joy, fleeting pleasure that faded like a flash of light in a dark abyss - by the time you registered it was there, it was gone again.

I found myself exploring the realm that had the strange structure again. The last time I was here, it was raining - by my own bidding. Rain did not fall from the sky now, but a chill had entered the air, and I knew that it was not entirely my own creation. Though wind and breezes often swirled around my form, I did not control the tilt of the earth, the way which the seasons danced across its stratosphere - though I recall my father speaking of a time when the Sun Lord extended his glorious TallSun, baking the earth for far longer than it could really survive. No, I was no God, nor did I have any desire to be one, to hold such responsibility for the lives of another.

I winced at a memory, of causing snow to fall in the midst of TallSun, of hurting the blind mare who only sought to help me (though I had previously helped her, too), and I confirmed to myself once again, what a poor God I would have made.

I peered inside the building, nostrils flared, eyes widened to catch sight of anything that might be creeping around. Last time I was cornered by an unhappy unicorn, though his companion seemed friendly enough. What would I find this time?

My cerulean gaze peers into the marbled room, and in the moonlight, and the faded glow of stars upon my hide, I spied the pale form of one resting. I longed for your sense of smell, though my own could discern the gender and race of the belle who laid her horned crown upon the smooth surface of the floor. I felt blind without you, lost, like I was only seeing half the world, like I missing critical information that I otherwise would have known had you been by my side. I murmur a low wuffle, before I bow my head low, wings tucked to my side, my footsteps as light as I can make them, though the hard, rounded edge of my hooves echo against the smooth marble below.

"Mind if I shelter here tonight?" I ask quietly, hoping my presence did not wake her if she was asleep already, hoping she would not mind that I simply wanted to rest my empty, hollow body so that I could face another day living a life without you in it.
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
eagle-cry-designs & larfsalot @deviantart

@[Ophelia]
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ascended Helovian

Time ticked away with the tapping of trees against the glass ceiling. Every sound was agony, and she squeezed her eyes shut, wishing she could howl the sounds away, order them to shut up and let her pretend to sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, the vision of her mother’s half-rotted corpse danced like a puppet behind her eyelids, taunting her with the undignified nature of death. The entire moment was captured by her mind in flawless clarity, giving her the ability to relive over and over every smell of decay and every bug that crawled over her unseeing, milky eyes. She clenched her jaw, tearing her eyes open again to stare at the marble structure, panic settling into her bones like a thousand ants shaking her bones.

Tinek saw her before Phi did, sending her a mental image of a pegasus with a shifting coat color standing just outside. The shadows were deep, but she could make out a silhouette from the reflection on the water nearby, and she waited quietly. A click of hooves echoed through the hall, and Tinek snuck inside, curling around a pillar to watch nearby. Neither believed this mare who offered a small sound in greeting to be a threat, but Ophelia was not going to be surprised again – not by a pegasus who might have an unfounded and irrational vendetta.

Phi heard the quiet query and lifted her head slowly, eyes awake, alert, and disturbingly vacant. “I do not mind,” she replied, her chime like voice hollow and void of emotion. Surprisingly, she felt no irritation at the company, and she was unwilling to search inward to find out why. Perhaps, though, she could start on this test that the God of the Sun had given her? This mare was a complete stranger, someone she had never seen before, so she had a clean slate with which to start.

First, she had to discover a flaw. Why was she here, alone, at night? Certainly that was enough reason to be flawed. Ophelia was, and here she sat. Alone. “You come alone. Why?” Schooling her tone was harder than she had anticipated. The sound was far away and humming, like a lost songbird or a dreamer, and she was neither. “Surely you have some place to return to – someone you call home?”
    Image by Yumpy @ DA

@[Cirrus]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Whit
    The girl spoke, and I felt as if I were hearing an echo of myself. The void, expressionless, monotonous words danced along the Rotunda and to my ears much like the broken fragments of my soul clattered about the dark abyss within me. An absurd giggle rose in my throat at the recognition, though it did not go so far as to vocalise itself. Were there others like me, others so broken and hollow they no longer knew how to live, how to function, how to interact with others in a way that didn't depress the mood or expose the weakness that was their empty, void-filled soul? I wondered if the fracture of my own soul was obvious now, having gotten only worse over time, instead of better - could observers see it upon me at just a glance now?

"Thanks," I murmur quietly in response to her admission, bowing my head as I pull myself further into the domed structure. My eyes catch on something that reflects the light given by my own starry hide, and I blink in surprise at the presence of what I can only assume is a dragon. The light is not strong, and as I test the air I do not detect the scent of ashy breath and smoke, which I usually associate with the reptilian creatures. I give it a small nod too, an acknowledgement, and I hope it does not fry me in my sleep. I am surprised by its presence - I thought they only ever bonded to equines, but perhaps I was wrong. Or perhaps the girl was not entirely unicorn.

Memories flooded forth of another who was not entirely unicorn, though she held a horn upon her brow. It was a fuzzy memory, one I wasn't entirely sure was true - it was the day of my birth, a stormy, wet and torrent occasion, my father's dark shadow watching over me, bellowing a greeting to young horned girl, at least a year my senior, who had come to share in the joy that was his expanding family. She was dark framed and crimson tipped, but her name escaped me. Was there a time when she graced the sands of my former home once, as well? I blinked back the memories, my limbs folding beneath me as I found a pillar to lean against.

I had barely settled before her words came again, this time probing, poking, dissecting at those areas most private and protected. My ears reflexively bow down beneath a layer of thick, dark tresses, though the gesture is likely lost in the darkness of our environment. "Because I am alone," I say simply, almost childishly in response to her first question, but her second I let linger in the air for some time as I chew upon an appropriate answer. Oh, the details I could go into, the stories I could weave - but there was only one thing I felt inclined to say to her, one word that completed it for me, one syllable that defined me and the current state my soul was in for an unknown stretch of time before us.

"No."
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer

@[Ophelia]
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia thought she recognized the expression of loss, damage and heartbreak in her new companion, and her strange, heterochromatic eyes swept over the younger one's body with curiosity. Her coat never seemed to exactly stay one color, which was curious, but even that hint of curiosity which usually got her into much trouble did not scratch the surface of the ice around her heart. She nodded in return to the simple 'thanks' and watched her address Tinek as well.

The silver dragon bowed in greeting, appreciating this one's manners. He curled up a taloned foot and dipped his nose to the ground before curling back up near Ophelia, one red eye propped open and observing - just in case. Ever since Phi had been attacked by Gaucho on that hill and had nearly died, Tinek had never been the same. The naivety and beauty of life had faded into a war zone where the rules were kill or be killed, and he would kill. His new way of thinking saddened his bond mate - but then again, what didn't?

Once upon a time, Ophelia had lived and served in the Dragon's Throat, only to have her complete identity stolen by a set of twins Kri didn't see fit to punish. She had been a spy, and a good one. But, her time had come when she had seen the nature of Kri's leadership, leaving the sands forever. The pale princess did not recognize the child, and she was sure that she had never seen her before - her memories were flawless. She would have remembered, she thought with a palpable bitterness.

The first response given to her question brought an uncharacteristically sour expression to Ophelia's face. How the bloody hell was she supposed to plant little seeds of suggestion and watch them play out their own if all she was given in reply was sarcasm. Still, she asked another question, but at least this time, she got a legitimate answer, even if it was only one word. She chewed down her irritation and desire to get up and leave the girl grieving alone. Who was there for her when her heart was broken? Her sister...

Well, she had someone, but this girl did not. Surely that would help calm the pissy beast inside that was throwing lewd signs in the direction of the winged one. "Same," she replied, and it was only somewhat of a lie. She did not want to go back to the World's Edge with her sister. Ophelia had been responsible for her uncle's death in her twisted game of mercenary. She had absolutely no desire to face that, so seeing her sister would be slim. "'Tis why I am here with nothing and no one but Tinek." The dragon hummed.

"I had a home once. Did you?"

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Whit
    The unicorn seems intent on pursuing a conversation I am more than willing to give up on in the name of exhaustion and sleep. She shares information about herself, that we are similar, and inwardly I scoffed. None were like me - none had held the bond shared between companion and soul mate and then had it torn away. No one else had to live with the gaping abyss that existed within the confines of my soul - no one else had to experience a life once shared with another completely and utterly alone. At least, no one else I knew of, though Rasta spoke of knowing the feeling, I selfishly and immaturely denied it - she was too whole, too complete, too perfectly adjusted to her life, wherever it was she now resided.

I bit my own tongue to halt the reply that would insult and deter the unicorn girl, or potentially provoke her into an act where I would have to defend myself - I didn't want to fight anymore, I didn't want to argue or struggle anymore. I wanted to live, and I had slowly been integrating myself back into the world - but something was holding me back. A fear of rejection, a horrible sinking sensation that I would be ridiculed for my choice to flee when the world turned dark, a choice I have been punished for over and over again, as each day passes and you are not with me.

My cerulean gaze raises to view the dragon who hums by the side of his bonded - it is a certainty now that the girl must have equine blood, for a dragon could not bond with her otherwise. "Once," I say after a time of silent contemplation, an internal argument that resulted in the single word being spoken. It was better than the insult I had prepared earlier - one I swallowed determinedly again now. "Now I am here with nothing and no one." There is no bitterness in my tone, no sarcasm or dry, rough insults. Instead, there is only raw, open sadness, exposing so much through those simple words that I wonder if the pale one can feel the abyss that I am trapped within, the endless torment that is my existence.

I sigh as my nose drops to the ground level, my eyes drooping as the smog of fatigue settles over my brow.

Ooc :: Sorry for the wait love. Feel free to mindrape Cirrus - she'll think she's dreaming ^^
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer

@[Ophelia]

• I enjoy being tagged.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

The tension in the air seems to fade as Ophelia presses and the winged one answers with the same apathy as before. The anger she had been feeling was a mask, a welcome reprieve from the crippling depression, but like all other emotions, it soon faded into the abyss. With a sigh, she listened, wondering what had caused this stranger to be so unfulfilled, to leave her home, and to isolate herself as if she deserved punishment of some kind.

Ophelia, convictions to the wind, decided to delve into this being's mind to gain the truth. What she found was beyond words, and she frowned. Cirrus was her name, and she even knew her sister from such a long, long time ago. Though, that was not the tragedy that plagued the winged one. Somewhere far from here, Cirrus had lost her companion and with her, part of her heart. Emotions flooded her mind, forcing her to face a reality where Tinek was no longer in her mind and delicately woven around every movement of her heart.

She could not describe the pain.

With a new outlook on the stranger, Ophelia gazed over her sleeping form with empathetic two toned eyes, letting her sleep. Being lost to unconsciousness had to be a welcome reprieve from the constant reminder that something was missing. This is when the magic she desired would be useful, but she supposed that she could just rid Cirrus of the memory of Sitka completely. Would that fix the ache? Would lack of memories make the emotions fade? The heartbreak heal?

The sun rose, and sleep never came for Ophelia. Instead, she waited patiently for this stranger to rouse, standing slowly on the stone floor and stretching. Soft breaths of golden light filtered through the trees and was caught in the sparkle of the marble. "If you could forget, would you?" she asked aloud, hoping Cirrus would hear. "You deserve happiness."

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

@[Cirrus]