the Rift

Emissary Encounters
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
For the new Emissaries: Lena, Ricciardo!
First rounds ends on September 3rd or when all have posted.
If anyone wants something of this post changed, please let me know. ^^
This will probably be a very short thread, requiring just one or two posts from everyone, unless you wish to socialize among the ranks later/talk missions. :]

The meeting had, so far, been a success, with no quarrels except for Lotus and Korra butting heads about marehood and how to best serve a herd. With the oncoming night the King's eyes were silvering; the stars popped out faster than usual, bright and distant, and the shadows seemed to grow more compact where he strode. It pleased him that so many had desired new ranks, and with a purpose in his step he approached the two emissaries. That Lena desired such a diplomatic rank was not surprising, nor that the flamy Ricciardo did. He had always seemed, to Mauja, like one with ambition, yet he'd not been quite sure how to go about it. Hopefully he was better at keeping his temper these days.

He nodded to them both, leaning in to give Lena's neck a gentle bump. "Emissaries," he said in a quiet voice, giving them a small smile. "Like the sound of it?" Good-natured teasing aside, he was glad some had stepped up. He was tired of the other herds looking at him sideways, and if he sent in amiable Lena perhaps they dropped their guards. After all, Mauja had never done anything outright. "But alas, I'm afraid your duties will not be easy. The other herds are suspicious of us..." He trailed off, wondering if either of them had anything to say on the subject of that.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The small stallion had been quiet at the gathering, but now he moved as everyone began to dissolve into smaller groups. He headed for where Lena was standing, gently brushing his muzzle against her shoulder, a smile gracing his velvet maw. Aurelius hadn’t spoken at the meeting, listening to the other herdmembers as well as watching them and their little antics. All the information he could gather could possibly come in handy later on. Now, as they became a smaller group, Aurelius looked up to Mauja and spoke in his humming voice. “I would like to join the ranks of emissaries as well,” were the words that drifted from him. It could hardly be any surprise for the pale steed, with Aury’s talent for diplomacy his name was written all over a rank like this.

With his size and personality, it was unlikely that other herds would see him as a threat, though he could be as dangerous as any buff of muscles. If he couldn’t physically hurt anyone, he could get to them in another way, by using the sharpness of his mind and tongue. Glancing around to the other groups, he was happy to see that so many had volunteered for ranks, especially the warriors who had needed some new blood. You could come far with words and diplomacy, but without a proper army… You get the picture. Turning his attention back to the unicorns before him, he looked at the flamekissed Ricciardo with whom he was less familiar. He figured the steed would have some sort of talent for diplomacy to be here, so he just nodded to him respectfully. Maybe in time they could get closer acquainted.

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

Ricciardo had paid little attention to anything else that had been occuring in the meeting so far, apart from when Mauja was speaking, obviously. It had seemed that the bickerings of the two mares was simply inevitable. Mares. Shaking all of this out of his mind, he followed the orders of his monochrome king and stepped lightly on his daggers towards the unknown femme, Lena. She was the colour of burnt sienna, a pelt fine and soft on his pools, her horn a twisted obsidian and cocoa orbs. She seemed friendly enough to his own orbs, yet he could not make out any sort of emotion from first glance. He waited patiently, hoping that he could get to know his fellow rank holder. It was only by chance that he had stumbled upon such a favourable rank, after desiring nothing more than something that would set him in the herd like concrete. Something that belong him to the Edge, and feel accepted in it.

Twisting his sea salt curled silks, the breeze was chilly against his pelt as he waited for Mauja to speak. His king was looking proud as usual, and deep down the Sandman felt a need for the alabaster's approval on him - almost a friend? The flame-kissed brute silenced his thoughts and forced his attention onto what it was Mauja had to say, and he listened intently. ...are suspicious of us. This felt like a small knife in his stomach, as the thought of having to put body and soul into working on communications with the other herds seemed to be becoming increasingly difficult. Impossible even. Ricciardo knew that the other herds were wary of the Edge for their beliefs, and even at the best of times weren't very trustworthy on their part. But this was his herd, and he would do exactly what it took to make sure that he could look his herd members in the eye, knowing that he had done a worthy job as an Emmissary.

Then out of nowhere, he felt the presence of another - small in size with thick fur on his pale cocoa pelt, and large horns that were similar to a ram's protuding from the top of his crown. This brute was an unlikely candidate for an Emmissary, not showing the same features or characteristics of the flame-kissed brute himself, nor the duchess, Lena. But with an intelligent mind, Ricciardo soon cracked down on a very good point: an unsuspecting appearance would be the last thing a herd would expect, and with this thought in mind he approved automatically. The Sandman silently egged Mauja on to accept the little fellow's request of bearing the same rank as he.

Brushing all this aside he waited for silence. Stepping forward, his sandy coloured pools gazed at the proud stature of Mauja and he spoke with clear, respectful tones,
"I would do my best to serve my herd and my King." he paused and quickly cast a glance at Lena, hoping for her input too.

[OOC: Ricciardo wishes to get to know Lena and Aurelius.]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

There is love in your body but you can't hold it in,
It pours from your eyes and spills from your skin,
Tenderest touch leaves the darkest of marks,
And the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts

The evening had brought many interesting cavalcades, from fellow aspiring rank-holders speaking, voicing, ensnaring their desired positions, to the brimming, frothing, foaming interludes of Korra and another femme Lena was unfamiliar with. All the while, she took in the sights and sounds of the meeting, of the mysterious auras intermingling, strength layered and lacquered upon strength, heart and devotion wound into the taut strings of desire, yearning, pride, and honor. She’d been silenced by the tumultuous, clamoring waves of voices yet unheard from her ears, of the endless sea of members arriving, cherishing, brandishing arduous swords and shields. She’d listened, witnessed, and ultimately proclaimed her own sentiments, a rank that could possibly earn her merit, could ensure she was committing nurturing methods for her herd. Lena had not been the only to acquire such a bearing, this noble, dignified, diplomatic surge of Emissary, though she was once again unacquainted with the golden individual (how many went unrecognized - a shameful attribute that rang in her ears, resolution proffered in another hour and day). Then Aurelius too, ram horns, charisma and appeal, brushed upon the earth and volunteered his able presence to their political league. A warm smile enraptured her lips, gracing the soft sentiments of her seraphic indulgences, extending to each individual gathered, King and loyal subjects, a nudge sent to both Aurelius and sovereign, a friendly wink inclined to the other.

She only furrowed her brow, momentarily, as Mauja’s words cut across the air. The other herds are suspicious of us… - did these ominous beliefs stem from certain actions by their members? Were these deeds and endeavors the cause of his daughter’s abduction? What were these exploits to spurn another cadre’s concern of their own? She mused and puzzled these quandaries, ultimately wondering over the enigmatic behaviors and conducts of her fellow herd members, how they’d garnered these pressing notions of anxiety and misgivings. Had Mauja already reflected upon it, fully aware of nefarious exploits, but not telling or scorning others? Despite her imminent queries, she voiced none (would the answers come later, surfaced and streamlines, or forever waste in the abyss of arcane design?). Instead, ever composed, ever sanguine, ever ardent, her fervent vocals gave rise to the silken elegance of a tranquil consul. ”What shall we do first?”

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Theatricality and deception are powerful agents.
You must become more than just a man
in the mind of your opponent

Cineviam had not met the she-wolf creature and therefore he would reserve making an opinion about her staying in the World’s Edge until he had that pleasure. A lone wolf would have an extremely difficult time trying to bring down a healthy, full grown unicorn. If anyone should be worried about safety, it should be the mother’s-to-be, but if the she-wolf had Mauja’s stamp of approval then he didn’t see why anyone should be concerned or opposed. After all, the ice king managed to find a way to control that beast with a leash.

The purpose of the meeting soon became clear as Mauja delved into the issue of the empty ranks. It was a subject the cinder beast had been both eagerly looking forward to and dreading. Until now, he had been very indecisive on the matter, which was out of character and it left him a little unhinged. Still, he refused to jump the gun, politely waiting his turn while his herd mates took turns choosing the rank they wished.

Waited, listened and watched with judgemental eyes.

He thought some were well-suited to the rank they chose, others he would just have to wait and see. A large Percheron, whose black coat was unbroken by white markings – Lloyd, he remembered suddenly – seemed to be as indecisive as Cineviam but had no trouble voicing his uncertain stance. The black behemoth also asserted that he doubted any equine would get past him and Cineviam had to bite on his mottled tongue before he remarked that he was positive Aurelius could squirt right by from beneath. Instead of relentlessly clawing her way into some chief position, the mare with blossoms in her hair decided to step down. Granted, the warrior position was not one for a pregnant mare but one would think a bun in the oven could possibly elevate one’s station (to a queen perhaps) if a mare was scheming enough. He couldn’t argue that her chosen path was important too. Apparently, Korra could and he had to give Lotus credit for standing her ground.

Mauja, ever the diplomat quickly put the issue to rest – for now.

The king was back in control and organizing them into groups and while Cineviam would like to have a hoof in most of them, he knew it was time to make a decision. Shocking to some, he found himself among the likes of Lena, Ricciardo, and Aurelius. He returned the polite gesture the teacup sized stallion had afforded him earlier in the meeting; he dipped his head in a familiar manner first to Aurelius who he had seen on a couple significant occasions for the Edge, then to Lena who was also a part of the rescue sno mission. He couldn’t recall if he ever learned her name. Then his ember-eyes finally landed on Ricciardo and continued to smolder on the chestnut stallion. Not only did Cineviam not know this one’s name, he was positive he had never seen him before either.

Lena unglued his gaze from the stranger with her question and Cineviam fixed his bloody eyes on Mauja instead. The king’s eyes had turned opal-like in hue since the beginning of the meeting; they seemed to glisten and glint without the need of light. The sunlight was gone and the moon had not risen yet, there were only the stars. However, cinder beast was more interested in finding out if Mauja would accept him as an Emissary and what the spotted stallion had to say, hungry for a task before his brains went to mush from boredom.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

((Hopefully it doesn't seem like I cut it short, which I did... I had just scratched the surface of what I wanted to write but since I was playing catch up since I missed a round in the herd meeting it was already long and I figured I could always add in the other stuff as this thread continues xD))
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
It wasn't surprising in the least that Ricciardo and Lena had desired Emissary rank. Ricciardo had had a rough start in the herd, something Mauja was partially responsible for, but he had something eager and ambitious in his sandy soul. He and Ulrik had prodded it into life and found its a viper's nest, and now he was here, rising up. The King approved, though. And Lena - she was sweet, gentle, and if she could save the entire world he assumed she would. Since she was not of warrior blood, at least not actively, this was a fine way for her to serve the herd.

That Aurelius had toddled off to join the pair hadn't been a surprise either. The short stallion had always had a sharp tongue and quick wit, and a good grasp of politics. That he should want to scheme and forge bonds and plans with others was nothing new, and Mauja was pleased that he'd gone over here as well. But the last... Cineviam wasn't the type you brought for a friendly chat. He was the kind of stallion that looked like someone's mean, protective older brother, dark and brooding, always watching with those unnerving crimson eyes. Frankly, his appearance was downright suspicious, and the fact that he'd chosen such a peaceful path was somewhat of a surprise. Not that the King minded, not really - it might play out his in favor... Send amiable Lena with scary Cineviam, and the contrast might make Lena seem trustworthy. He graced them all with his small smile, resting his gaze upon one before moving on to the next.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to any of them that they were distrusted. Ricciardo swore to serve, Lena asked what to do, and the other two stallions remained silent. Mauja sighed softly, torn. "I honestly don't know. How does one earn trust, when others have chosen to distrust?" He gave a shrug, head tilting. "Should I send you alone as envoys to the other herds, it could be seen as me hiding my 'real' face, and should I come with you, it might provoke the same sort of reception I tend to get everywhere." Bitter, bitter voice, bitter, bitter feelings. How their wariness complicated his life in ways he would be so better off without. "So your first task is this - come up with a long-term plan of action to make Helovia at ease again, to keep us from having to look over our shoulders to see if someone will throw rocks at us, and to keep them safe and asleep at night. And once you have come up with something useful that might work... well, only one way to test if it works out as it should." He gave them a grin, but it was tired. "Because honestly, I am only one mind. Your job is henceforth to advise me in these matters, with the herd's best interest at heart, though I'd prefer if your plans didn't involve sacrificing my life. Does this sound fair to you?"
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here