the Rift

[OPEN] Gold Teeth, Grey Goose [welcoming]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
CHEVEYO.
When the straight and narrow gets a little to straight,
Roll up a joint, or don’t. Just follow your arrow, wherever it points.

It was a strangely exciting feeling to be bringing the deep chestnut stallion back to the Edge where he would soon be able to rest in the safety of the shattered glass wall that once stood tall and strong. I hadn't brought a new member home before, nor had I really done much for the herd other than assist in scaring off a couple bears and run a couple midnight patrols with the Constrictor...which I supposed wasn't bad considering I was still just a Protector of no rank. Flicking my harks forward and pushing thoughts of what else I should be doing for the herd I focused instead on the fact that I was bringing a strong, able-bodied stallion home where he could be of good use for the Edge.
My white washed skull tilted ever so slightly so I could look over at the chestnut stallion who wasn't too far behind me, he was a handsome creature. But I didn't know much about him other than the fact that he had a fairly dark past and that his name was Ira. I flashed him a smile before turning to look at the shattered wall that was coming into view. "Welcome home Ira! Just inside of the wall in the lands of the Edge." I sent the words over my shoulder before picking my pace up a bit, my white splashed limbs stretching out into a canter as my blonde tresses snapped against the sky behind me. A fresh smile lit across my features as I drew closer to the broken wall, a feeling of comfort and content washed over my multi-hued frame.
I was home.
And now, Ira would be able to share the feelings that I felt towards the lands once he found his place among our ranks. I slowed back to a walk as I reached the gate, hesitating at the entrance as I looked over my shoulder for the red stallion once more, a bright smile across my features as I wondered what he would think of my home. Would it be a nice change from the travelling he had been doing for the past few years? Or would it feel confining and he eventually leave?

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Ira]
Notes;;
Words;; e.e sorry this took so long Nessie!

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Ira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I Remember when your head caught Flame

I followed this painted gypsy to her home land. I was exhausted, and wanted nothing more than to lay down here and rest for a few years. But some kind of fire in me didn't let in to that desire. Was it pride? Stubbornness? A mixture of both most likely.

The painted lady's white splashed skull tilted into view, a smile bedazzling her already pretty features. I liked her. There was fire in her as well. A fire that burned brighter than and hotter than the sun. But did others see it? I doubted it. Because many are blind to the beauty of fire, where fire is not blind to them.

Ahead a broken glass wall comes into view, my piercing hazel eyes observe the once beautiful structure that had been destroyed. Sadness etches at my heart. There has been war here as well. War. War destroyed those around it. Destroyed beautiful structures, destroyed homes. It does not matter what the cause, war was ugly. War was wrong.

"Welcome home Ira! Just inside of the wall in the lands of the Edge." Her light words travel over her shoulders, to the curved harks on my head. She then picked up the pace, a canter. Was she excited or what? Her blonde tresses snap in the wind, and for a moment I was mesmerized. Despite the wall being broken, it had a beauty to it, and Cheveyo was beautiful as well. Watching the paint in clear happiness certainly brought me some comfort in going to a new place to supposedly settle.

As she cantered, she got further away, and shaking my head, I picked up a canter, then a gallop. My tired limbs scream in protest, but I ignore there exhausted wails. Slowly I gained ground, and before we reach the wall, I and beside her, slowing my pace to match hers.

Maybe I would stay. I would find out once we reach the inside.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Cheveyo]
Words;; 326 words
Notes;; Sorry! <3 I am very excited by the way :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

k a h l u a

The sound of cantering hooves were enough to pull the queen from her idle wandering of the land. Having run an early morning patrol with Parelia, she was now trying to spend the day getting used to the idea having a dragon with her and be one with her. So many changes were happening so quickly for the painted mare, she was finding herself hard-pressed to deal with them all at once. Especially since her simple mind was not equipped to deal with such things. Thoughts of love, of responsibilities she did not want, of lifetimes spent as a prisoner instead of a free woman. She sighed. The Lady Moon had to have a plan for her here, as queen… she just hadn’t found it yet.

Pressing the button on the music box that rode in her glass basket, felt her load become heavy in her mouth as the newborn blue settled in the basket as well, seemingly as drawn to the music as she was. She had played the song so many times while he was still an egg, he must have known the song as well as she did. Between her ears, her metal scorpion toy clicked and whirred contentedly, watching where she went with lifeless eyes.

As she walked down the wall, she finally caught sight of the cause of the noise- a pair of horses, slowing as they crossed the border. Smiling through the basket handle that sat in her mouth, Kahlua picked up her familiar bouncy trot and quickly closed the distance between herself and the others. “He’wo frens!” she called, her bright soprano muffled by the presence of the basket handle and the tinkling of the music box, whose song was quickly drawing to a close.

Settling her basket on the ground, Khan hopping up to the basket handle and then to Kahlua’s withers as his free ride ended, she couldn’t help but smile at his antics. She had been apprehensive at first, but maybe… just maybe, it would not be so bad. “Welcome to the Edge, I’m Kahlua, queen,” she commented directly to Ira, nodding her head to him. “Cheveyo, it’s been too long,” she added, for surely it had. The last time they had been together… well, there had been an awful lot of chaos. Kahlua was kind of glad she had been neglecting finding Aurelia. “A friend looking for rest or a home?” she queried to either of them.

And, as quick as the feathered dragon had bounded up to her back, he was back on the floor “sneaking” towards the hooves of the newcomer, upon which he quickly attempted to pounce, although surely his bright blue coloration provided him no camouflage. Kahlua laughed at his childish antics, blue eyes looking apologetically towards Ira, hoping he would not be too upset by the actions of the young one.

@[Cheveyo]

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes

Image Credits :: Table by Time

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Semper
CHEVEYO.

The flame hued stallion remained silent as we made our way easily into the shattered walls that had once provided such splendid protection for the herd members of the Edge. I still wasn't entirely sure why the Sunshower wanted the wall down rather than rebuild it, but that was a question that seemed quite pointless as my wonderings meant nothing to the well-being of the herd. She and the Stormbringer knew what they were doing, as I believed they had the lavender goddess whispering in their ears with each and every step they took. A light smile tugged at the corners of my rosy kissers as the black and white form of the Sunshower herself came into view, the chiming music of her music box floating easily into the air as she carried the beautiful basket clutched between her pristine ivories. “He’wo frens!” The mare's sing-song voice floated along with the last few notes of the box's song before she set the well-crafted basket on the ground by her hooves.
A smile spread across my painted features as my white washed skull dipped in greeting to the painted queen before allowing my vocal chords to begin moving. "Hello Sunshower, I hope the day has been treating you well." My thoughts were interrupted as a sky blue winged lizard jumped out of the basket to climb up the mare onto her withers. He was a beautiful creature, but the Queen's companion was one that I hadn't been made aware of. Chestnut harks flicked forwards as I eyed the blue creature quizzically and the Queen spoke up once more this time introducing herself to the flaming steed I had brought here before speaking to me and drawing my attention away from the dragon. “Cheveyo, it’s been too long, friend looking for rest or a home?” I flashed a smile at the Queen before bobbing my white washed skull in a nod, it had been too long since I was able to carry on a conversation with the pretty black and white paint. Too long since a normal conversation had been held since the gold dusted mare had decided to take it upon herself to try and take over the throne.
"It has been too long Kahlua." I glanced over my shoulder at the flaming stallion offering him a small smile in hopes it would ease whatever nerves were surely racing through his sport horse frame. "This is Ira, I believe he will be looking for a home among our ranks." As I spoke I looked back to the paint who was now dragonless, the scaled and feathered creature was instead crouched close to the ground, dragging his slender body through the grass towards the newcomer. A light peal of laughter escaped from between my kissers as I watched the dragon's antics wondering how the more serious stallion would handle such a thing.

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Ira]
Notes;; 483
Words;; e.e sorry this took so long Nessie!

please tag Cheveyo!!

Ira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I Remember when your head caught Flame

“He’wo frens!” The voice rings out like a song, and I turn my red harks, hazel eyes following, to the face of a pretty black and white mare. She carries a wonderfully crafted singing box, of which I am curious of the contents.

But, as the painted lady sets it down, a blue dragon climbs onto it. I look at it, quizzical, yet intrigued. But I must tear my intense gaze from the young dragon, and look at the two others who I am in company with. “Welcome to the Edge, I’m Kahlua, queen,” I nod my head to her respectfully. I listen, as the two mares converse for a moment, and then Cheveyo introduces me. I tilt my head, looking at the chestnut pinto, turning my gaze to Kahlua. "For now, I only seek refuge, to rest. I am quiet tired from my many months of travel. However, for now my intention is to stay." I smile charmingly at both mares, before returning my attention to the small dragon creeping towards me. I pretend not to notice, and as it pounces I leap softly out of the way. My intention is clear. I am being playful with the young creature.

I look up for a moment into the eyes of the queen. "What is the name of the dragon, if I might ask? I also might add, that he is very beautiful."

I had never actually seen a dragon before. However, I had heard plenty of stories in my travels. Many of these story's told of huge powerful creatures. Some wise, some ready to fry you alive and eat you with barbecue. Others where greedy, hoarding there piles of treasure. However, none of these stories told you of the small creatures that I was now playing with.

So, why did this queen have one? How did you get one? Questions fly through my head, and I am determined to ask Cheveyo these questions soon. Because I am all in a twist over it. Questions are all a flurry.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Kahlua]
Words;; 345 words
Notes;; Sorry. Its crap
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

k a h l u a

The queen had almost forgotten life without dragons flitting their way through the woods here and there, back and forth in the trees, their songs calling out in game or in the heat of the hunt, in protective warning or in happy chortle. So, to see the two looking at her little Khan now with quizzical looks would have almost surprised her, except she didn’t really notice at all. Instead, she was busy bobbing her head in response to Cheveyo’s wishing her a good day. The genial smile on her face clearly showed that she hoped Cheveyo’s day had been just as nice. Although, Kahlua couldn’t imagine a trip to the Threshold (where she assumed Cheveyo had found this stallion) would ever be a bad one. Even her stranger trips to Helovia’s boundary had been neutral, at worst.

“Well welcome then, Ira, to the Edge and to a home for as long as you choose to stay here.” The chortle of laughter sent the queen’s gaze from her dragon back to Cheveyo just as Ira leaped to the side. Little Khan, disappointed by his inevitable miss, squawked indignantly and flapped his wings, choosing to abandon his pursuit of nimble hooves in lieu of swinging tail hairs behind the stallion. “That’s Khan. Send him away when you’ve had enough of his bothering,” she tossed back to the stallion with a bubbly chuckle just as the little blue snaked his neck out to try and entangle his teeth into some of Ira’s tail hairs.

“I’d love to tell you he appreciates your comment, but he seems a little too preoccupied to be bothered by it.” At least he was a happy conversation keeper. “We hope you’ll be happy here. So tell me, if you want to, what’s news in Helovia,” she inclined her head to Cheveyo, “and beyond our walls.” This time her head dipped towards Ira, happily awaiting any interesting tales they might have to offer her. She had one of her own to share, if they asked, but for now she wanted to hear them speak. She had said enough.

@[Cheveyo]

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes

Image Credits :: Table by Time

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Semper
CHEVEYO.

A soft smile spread across my rosy kissers as I listened to the newcomer and the Sunshower talk about dragons while I stood there watching the sky blue reptile creep closer and closer to the handsome red stallion. I had to admit that the winged reptile was quite interesting and I wondered when Kahlua had gotten him for I hadn't seen her carrying around an egg at any point, the mythical creatures didn't seem to draw my attention much. The great, winged creatures that could be found all over the world seemed to pull on my heartstrings a little harder than others did. The smile grew ever so wider while I thought back to when the dark skinned two leg would race me against the great bald eagles that roosted in the tall trees surrounding our camp.
But the memories didn't last long before the memory of an arrow flying through the air before sinking into Kwahu's chest with a sickening sound came forward causing the smile to dissapear and my orchid pools to widen before I realized that it was just a memory and the event wasn't recurring. I looked up as the Sunshower began speaking once more, brought back to reality by the movement of her dainty features as she turned to speak to me. “We hope you’ll be happy here. So tell me, if you want to, what’s news in Helovia, and beyond our walls.” Sunkissed ears flicked forwards as I straightened up and my skull tilted ever so slightly to the right as I looked at the Queen before allowing my own words to spill into the misty air of the Edge. "I simply went to the Threshold and returned with this 'trophy'" I looked back to the red stallion a smirk tugging at the corners of my lips as I wondered what his reaction to being referred to as an object would be and hoping he would realize it was all in good fun. But the smirk only lasted for a moment as I looked back to the Queen, wondering if she knew of some kind of going on that I hadn't paid any mind too. "Have you heard of anything Kahlua?" Part of me wished that there was no news to be shared.
Everything had been nice and quite since we had been set free from the rabbit tunnels, other than the whole Aurelia scene. Of course, it was probably the quite before the storm if I knew anything of how things went about here, all you could do was hope for the best and expect the worst.

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Ira]
Notes;; 439
Words;; -hides in shame- sorry I'm so horrible, I promise I won't be so slow anymore.

please tag Cheveyo!!