the Rift

Pile of Phantasms
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
You got the silly title. Haha. :D

For the Phantasms - Faelene and Delinne!
First rounds ends on September 3rd or when all have posted.
If anyone wants something of this post changed, please let me know. ^^
This will probably be a very short thread, requiring just one or two posts from everyone, unless you wish to socialize among the ranks later/talk missions. :]

The meeting had, so far, been a success, with no quarrels except for Lotus and Korra butting heads about marehood and how to best serve a herd. With the oncoming night the King's eyes were silvering; the stars popped out faster than usual, bright and distant, and the shadows seemed to grow more compact where he strode. It pleased him that so many had desired new ranks, and with a purpose in his step he approached the two new Phantasms. Little red-haired Faelene with her stocky black body, and the dedicated lightning-mare, Delinne. The latter seemed quite attached to Mauja and calling him a King, but maybe she'd grow out of it.

Maybe.

"Phantasms," he told them with a smile, aiming to bump muzzles with both of them, blowing hot air from his nostrils. He flicked his tail once, then looked to both of them. At least they'd be able to sneak quite well in shadows. "If you ever catch wind of a plot to abduct one of us... don't hesitate to muster the warriors to intercept the villains. And should you wish to strengthen our numbers, or merely take hostages for practicing ambushes - don't target the herds. Everything would be so complicated then." Oh yes. He could imagine Kri if one of his stole her daughter. "Any questions, just ask."
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

She had made her choice, and time would tell if she had made the right one. She would have liked to be in the warrior ranks, right then she did not seem fit in her mind. As a Phantasms she could do more, and defend.

A pent up breath working it's way from her ribcage to her nose, her eyes could not help cast around the group trying to again put names to faces. The dark coated maiden there too much was happening around her, and she was trying not to taste the anger when two mares who did not agree took the moment to speak their minds. She let it glide through her ears. In her eyes she saw both as a worthy cause, both giving life as they saw fit, but she had no want to speak up for either part. She wondered if they would continue Mauja put an end to the matter, which helped her own thoughts settle to the bottom of her mind. Almost.

He began putting them into groups, calling Phantasms to her. A brief look to the white spotted stallion, her steel colored gaze would quickly search out Delinne. They would be the only ones as far as she had picked up and collected to memory. Waiting patiently for the King to come around, she cocked a hind hoof, saying nothing for the time being. She watched the sky turn from a velvet blue, to inky black with strings and strings of it's twinkling nights. A perfect night, cold and glowing. Delinne by her she felt smaller than what she was, but all in all was glad to be working with the mare. If only to know her better...

Inhaling warm breath, she returned a soft one of compliance and greeting to his own white nose. The red head did not smile, but he had her attention. Explanation of what was "allowed", and expected her ears cupped forward, she would lean upon her front hooves."Very well, " she replied, "I don't have any questions tonight." She openly turned to the other lady, wondering if she did.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

The black mare looked at the two mares fighting. It was almost like the rough word-exchange between her and her dad when she was little...
These two w[/i]ere apparently named Korra and Lotus - a shaggy brown mare with deer antlers and a chocolate-colored mare with a typical horn in her forehead.
As the Friesian heard that the meeting was over, she went to the group that was the Phantasms. And she got a little surprise though - it was only her and Faelene, who she had met when she first came to the Edge.
A small smile appeared on her black lips when she looked at the unicorn.

She sure hoped that they would make a good team, and got to know each other a little bit more. 'Maybe she'll be like Herreya?', she thought and almost lost herself in the memories. Herreya had been her only friend ever, and she had been devastated when she died because of a surprise attack from a bear.
Dell once again looked at Faelene. She sure hoped that they would be great friends.
The mare looked up again, and looked at the groups that had been formed. Emissaries, warriors, crafters.. And then, the two Phantasm-mares.

Delinne stood still on her place beside Faelene and watched as Mauja came closer to them. With her head held high, she listened to the words that the white stallion spoke and nodded as he finished.
"Understood, Mauja. I have no questions for now, but I will tell you if one appears."
The words that were spoken were high and clear, but not too high. Just to point out that she'd meant it.
Her blue eyes shimmered of excitement for this profession she'd achieved. Finally she would be good for something.

Word count: 295
((OCC: This sucked -___-))

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
The meetings had mostly gone smoothly, and with the exception of Korra and Lotus butting heads, the herd seemed to get along. That was no surprise to the Ice King, though. Korra was the way she was, like a grumpy bear packed into the body of a small mare. She didn't get along with many, and her tongue wasn't always the smoothest when talking to Mauja either. But in a sense, it was good. It was good to know that both mares had pride in what they did, and from a stallion's perspective, good to know that he understood nothing at all on how their frames of mind varied and where the felt were the most useful. He'd leave those politics to the ones involved - namely, the mares. He'd just stay out of it, because he couldn't wrap his head around it anyway.

Faelene's dark muzzle bumped against his own, velvet and warm, and he had the attention of both mares as he outlined the bones of their duty. The red-haired mare was obviously attentive, leaning forward, whereas Delinne seemed to listen with more of a quiet pride. He hummed a soft acknowledgment to them both, pleased with their understanding. Some part of him had hoped they would have some sort of question, but it wasn't all too easy when you just had it sprung upon you - no time to wonder, to think. In a few days one would surely pop up. A soft smile graced his lips. "Phantasms are extremely important to the herd," he said, something vaguely amused in his voice despite the grave statement. "It is no light burden you have shouldered, and because you did shoulder it nonetheless, I am very grateful. I'll leave you two to get acquaintanced." They were a team. If they were unsure of something, they could - should - consult one another. They needed trust - to trust in the other, that they kept an eye on what they were meant to, so that both didn't have to watch everything. With a flick of his tail and a nod to them both, Mauja strode away, disappearing into the thinning fray of bodies to his next duty tonight.

( you're welcome to keep this thread for Phantasm bonding. ^^ )
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Hidden Account
Sica

Delinne not being far, held evident smile Faelene payed to noticed. She wasn't sure why smiles caught her eye, but they did. The Friesian had no queries of the sort either, the red maned let her eyes rest to Mauja. There was probably a lot more details to get into, but he had a lot of ground to cover with the groups she wasn't worried her new rank was not entirely black and white. Questions would come later, once she could think instead of trying to retain so much information and faces. Right now, the basics were enough for her to mull over, it seemed Del had none either to voice. A feathery sigh tugged from her lips, and her body posture relaxed compared to what it had been.

The frosty man took it in, telling of their importance. Ears caught the slight curve in his tone, not sure at all what it meant. She listened, taking it to heart as he continued. Now she had questions, nothing she could put words too. Another time, she told herself. Upon his suggestion, she let her head sweep in Delinne's direction. Tonight she could get to know her fellow Phantasm, that would be important enough. Hopefully they could work as a team, and do their part. Faelene did not have to heavy of doubts. Delinne didn't come off as someone who would rub her the wrong way. If only it worked the other way.

"Believe me, they will come." She spoke, as Mauja took his leave.

Catching her blue eyes, which seemed a lot more rich in tone, the edge of her muzzle turned up. "So, you done anything like this before?" She asked, looking to her briefly, before letting her eyes wander to where the warriors gathered. Seeing as if she had decided to be one Delinne would be alone, Faelene was a bit more compelled to think she had made the right choice. Smile a bit more firm, she put her attention back to the dark mare. She had very interesting markings, like the bolts of lightning. "Is that a mark of magic?" She asked slowly, meaning not to offend. They did need to get to know each other.

Do their names rhythm I wonder? xD

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

The white stallion spoke the importance of being a Phantasm, and Dell tried her best to take it all in. This would be her job. A purpose, a rank in this herd of unicorns.
She nodded as he spoke his last words, and watched him leave. Now she was all alone with Faelene.
The mare turned her head to the unicorn beside her, and listened to the words she spoke when the stallion had left.
"Believe me, they will come." Sure, but she didn't have any for now.

Dell turned her whole body towards Faelene, to concentrate more on her new teammate. Her horn shone as always, and shone a bit brighter since the sunset had been beaten down by the late evening. Sometimes this purple-ish light embarrassed her, and she wished it would just go away, but not evenings like this. It was helpful in the darkness, even though she saw perfectly fine without the light.
The blue orbs came in contact with Faelene's, and listened. 'No, not like this', she thought.
"Never like this. I used to fight - mostly to keep me sane and alive," the mare said, and glanced the way that her teammate looked. The warriors.

The black Friesian sighed a bit, and looked back at the unicorn next to her, just to catch her looking over her body. Dell's coat wasn't usual, so she was used to strange looks by now. The white markings placed on the purple-toned, black coat weren't something usual at all...
Though the question that Faelene asked her surprised her a bit. Mostly because no-one had ever asked her that.
"Is that a mark of magic?"
Delinne smiled, but the smile faded as she spoke.
"There's no magic in these markings," she said, watching her friend with a calm look. Then she continued with a bit of sorrow in her voice.
"I was born during a lightning storm, and my father thought I got these markings just to show that I was just as strong as the bolts that crossed the sky that night. But I actually don't know what they mean."
She remembered the stories about her dead mother, and that it was her fault. Atleast that's what the youngsters in the herd had told her through her childhood.
They all blamed her for the death of Greyskie, except for her father that didn't care at all about her mother. He hadn't even loved her, the sick bastard.

Dell looked Faelene in the eyes, and then at her body. The unusual color on her mane and tail made a question appear in her head.
"How come you have such hair if you have a black body?"
Her head was tilted as she spoke the question, and she watched the mare. It was a fair question, since she had asked about her markings.

Word count: 473

((OOC: Omg... I'm so sorry D:))

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Hidden Account
Sica

Violet light glowed around Dell's horn, catching Faelene's attention. It made her intrigued about where Delinne came from, the history she carried. Faelene was not about entirely being proper, but she did have manners not to inquire the intimate details of her herd mate's life. One could never be sure what kind of can of worms would be unlocked, what memories revived. She liked to hide her own, and that was probably a reason she took her time to get to know someone. It was best in pieces, when the information could mean so much more.

"This shall be knew to both of us then, she said with a dim smile, happy to hear Delinne had fought, but her ears twitched at the reasons. Secrets always attracted her, she could sense many a meaning to her comrade's words. "Nice to hear you have experience in fighting, my skills are not what they use to be, I am going to change that." She more assuredly smiled, giving a flick of her crimson tail in a satisfied manner. She had big plans for her life, to others they would not seem so, but to her none the less they would be.

No offense was taken by her question, and the lady's gaze softened when she heard answer. She was not aware how common or uncommon magic was, especially here let alone other parts of the globe. The tone in which the other lady continued took Faelene into the sadness. It was not enough to make herself sad, just aware, placing it all to mental notes.When Delinne had finished, Faelene's facade was still, thoughtful and poised. "I bet he is right about that," she said believing her own words to be true. There was certainly more to the tall ink toned mare.

What Faelene was not expecting, though it would be painfully obvious, was the question being turned. "My mane and tail?" She wasn't sure if she wanted to talk about it. She could easily say she had inherited them from her parents, leave it nothing to be. How honest Del had been with her it was hard to say. She should start trusting in someone, trying to make bonds. Silently thinking, she let her eyes shift to the shadows of the woods."It's a strange story, but in short I was forced from my mother's womb, and I was made into a sign of what my homelands would encounter. Dark ashes, and blood."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

"This shall be new to both of us then."
Delinne looked at the mare known as her rankmate and shared the vague smile she gave her. But inside, she felt the sadness and anger welling up. Would anyone ever know how much pain she had gone through?
She sighed, and let the smile shine a bit brighter. Maybe Faelene had familiar memories, maybe she've gone through pain her whole life. And maybe, she would find out.
"Nice to hear you have experience in fighting, my skills are not what they use to be, I am going to change that."
Dell's skills weren't directly skills, they were just knowledge about how to protect yourself from getting killed. The Friesian had just fought to keep herself alive - and to keep her from putting a foal into this world.
Even though she'd never felt the burden of an embryon inside, she wasn't quite sure if she ever would. She had been forced so many times that she'd lost count, but even the biggest idiot would figure that she should've been pregnant by now.

Maybe she couldn't just become a mother? The smile disappeared for a moment from her lips, and the blue eyes were filled with a sad tone. Suddenly, she remembered where she was and the mare came back to reality, just to look at the black unicorn beside her.
"Well, I have a feeling that both of us need to train a bit." Delinne smiled once again, and tried to seem more happy than she actually was.

The answer to her question about Faelene's strange appearence surprised Dell - very.
It's a strange story, but in short I was forced from my mother's womb, and I was made into a sign of what my homelands would encounter. Dark ashes, and blood."
She got confused. Where did Faelene actually come from? Who did something as cruel as forcing a foal out of it's mother before it's time?
The black mare had turned her glance towards the darkness of the tall trees that surrounded them. Dell snorted and nudged her rankmate.
"Where do you come from, Faelene? Please tell me," she said quietly, her voice toned with a comforting tune.

Maybe she had gone through pain her whole life after all...

Word count: 379
OOC: Sorry for keeping you waiting :)

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.