the Rift

[OPEN] Here Comes A Legend [Birthing]

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

What to do? I had no idea what to do. I am wandering, moving about around the outskirts. I was heavy with child now, and it made me want to stand around all day and eat. I hated myself for that. I should probably be resting, but I am not. I am walking, trying to keep my once taught body into shape.

The child has been moving for quiet sometime now, sometimes it was just a creepy little movement, others a full on painful kick. It made me bite at my stomach, and become excessively irritable. Then again, after becoming pregnant my moods where either very subdued, or exceptionally heightened.

Of course, my irritation and pain was going to be heightened to max, because the baby decided she was on her way.

It started off subtle, the contractions where not strong and did not hurt much, but they where enough to make me stop and wonder what the hell was going on with my body. Because this was not normal.

I stop, debating on what I should do now. If I where going into labor like I thought I was, I was just close enough to the herd to make it back. But it would be painful. I grit my teeth cursing myself for being such an idiot, and turn around heading back through the cold of the Basin. My goal was the lake, as it was warmer there, and if I needed assistance from one of the time menders I could easily get it, because I was easily accessible. As long as they where close by, of course.
--------
Sweat lathered my coat, and my nostrils where wide with heavy breathing. Yes, this was defiantly labor, and the child inside me was on its way, no stopping now. If the sweat and nostrils didn't tip you off, well there was a murderous look of pain etched into my face, and my eyes gave off a glow that said get out of my fucking way. The lake was within view, but this was as far as I was going. My legs buckled under me, and I was down. My sides heaved heavy and the contractions where strong enough to cause dark spots in my vision. For once in my life I was scared, because I didn't know what to do.

Of course, lovely mother fucking nature was there providing some basic instinct. Push, push push. I had no idea how long it was going to last, or if the foal was near out yet. A piercing scream etches from my throat, and some energy goes to lifting my head and yelling "JUST GET THE FUCK OUT!"

Then I'm down again, and finishing the ugly deed. Before I know it, however, the pain subsides, and I feel lighter. I lift my tired head to see a beautiful gross placenta covered filly. My ears lift at her, and I move slowly to coddle her in my neck. Motherly instinct pushed me to clean her. In the back of my mind I was happy it was over.

"Speech"
Tag;; Open
Words;; 515
Notes;; Feel free to join!

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
No answers had come yet of her… not so subtle public inquiry while bringing Saffron home, but it seemed that the time was nigh for such a conversation; birthing late in the year, the smell of blood and fluids near the shoreline like a giant, blinking sign. She angles herself to it, limbs gracefully carrying her towards the more public location to foal children. She herself had chosen a cave – but the thought of having Lena titter over her was also a sour one, as much as she liked the sweet Doctor, mostly because her ego was too vast to accept that a woman such as herself should have trouble doing what women do.

Perhaps that makes the others wise, and herself a fool; she does not care. Rikyn was born strong and whole, a private prize for his family and his family alone those first few wonderful hours.

A smile of remembrance clings to her face as she finds the dark mare and her newborn filly, still wet and shaded from the dark confines of her mother’s belly. Thankful as she had been when she discovered Hotaru and Arya, she blesses the absence of Rikyn and feels the comforting, light weight of Kyst along her back as she pauses a respectable distance from the new mother and her treasure.

"Congratulations," she says, trying her hardest not to sneak glances at the bundle of joy in her eagerness to know of its heritage, a small fear in her heart that the child was going to born blighted and doomed along with her dam, "is all well? I can send Kyst for one of the Doctors, if you need it."

Sometimes the mind reveals itself in the most obvious of indirect ways, does it not?

if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Nessie

The queen approaches. I feel no fear. She would not harm my child. After all, the filly was not blemished with wings or without a crown. She was crowned with a lovely traditional horn, and should by no means be exiled. And neither should I. I after all, complied with the rules. Although the child was an unexpected result in a rather heated moment, I had chosen to have that heated moment with a horned stranger, not a winged or crownless one.

What was she going to be called though? Not nothing. I was a cruel creature, but not that cruel. My dark eyes gaze at the young white flecked filly. She was born from two icy hearts, that had for a moment melted, and she was born into a billowing wasteland. Something in me told me she would grow up to destroy unrelentingly, with power and force that was unstoppable. Like a Glacier. Glacier? Maybe something more feminine? Glacier, glacier... Glacia.

For a moment, I tear my gaze off the icy child to meet eyes with the golden queen. She congratulates me on the child. But has the queen seen her yet? She asks me if all is well, and if she should send Kyst for a time mender. For a moment I consider it, but I shake my head slowly.

"I am fine, and I am sure the child is fine as well... However, I have no desire to go through that ever again." My words, though cold, are touched with a odd sense of warmth. Pride? Maybe. My eyes return to Glacia, and I am quiet again. "Come here, Illynx.... Look at her. I do not care. You must be curious..." My words are soft, and I don't look at the lady. She will come if she wants. If not, I don't mind. She will in time.

My eyes return to the silver tongued. "I want to tell you about her father..." I say softly. If anyone should hear it, it should be the Lady Illynx.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Illynx]
Words;; 395
Notes;; Sorry this took awhile I have been working an insane amount. x.x

Illynx
The child is still mostly hidden behind the dark figure of the soldier, the two mares meeting eyes for a while as Sialia seems to come to life from the weariness that Illynx knew well from her own birthing in the height of spring. She declines a mender, for which the Lady is thankful for the mare’s sake – she knows also that birth can go quite sour, and it would be a sorrowful day to bury a mother and leave her child motherless. But it does not answer her true wonder, either, though she is soon invited closer.

She obliges, her steps slow and methodical, near enough at last to see the small white beginnings of a horn and smooth, unmarked shoulders. Her worries are released only to be replaced with more, as she takes in the figure of the newborn, the white flecking that marks her otherwise black body.

Her nostrils tighten, her eyes widen ever so slightly. Surely, this is not another one of that man’s misplaced and myriad children?

Even as the thought crosses her mind the soldier offers her the answer she is afraid she already knows, seeing already the life without a father that this child would lead. Mauja would never return to the mountain, ironic in and of itself because it had seemed to happen around the same time the Dark Empress had fled the snows. He was a wanderer, perhaps had always meant to be, and Illynx cannot help but wonder how the filly will fare to know that her father was a drifter wanted dead by more people than who loved him. Perhaps it was what Sialia wanted, to raise a hard hearted daughter, a cold creature with a gaping hole in her soul.

It was what Illynx was. Why should it pain her so much to think that this is the truth?

Maybe it was that, yet again, the Frostheart had taken a woman that was not her darling sister, that he had fucked up so soon after she had warned him to not do such things.

She should never have left Sielu with him. The man was a bastard.

"She is lovely," she says, her smile warm and her eyes bright though her thoughts are dark and heavy upon her mind, "forgive me for jesting on Thranduil at your sake. I cannot help but torment the arrogant man." She shoots Sialia a smirk, golden eyes flooded with a hot humor for a brief second before dimming into her usual mask of congeniality. "I would be glad to hear of her true sire."

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Nessie

After I invite the queen for closer inspection, I return my gaze to Glacia, missing the tightening of the mares nostril, and the ever so slight widening of eyes. Had I seen it, I would have wondered what she had seen in an otherwise perfectly healthy foal. No wings. Not uncrowned. She is perfect. Glacia was serene in her dark looks, and white flecked coat.

However, the words from Illynx cause the black dual toned lady to look up. A smirk lifts the otherwise unreadable features. "Why, my lady... No need to apologize. I found it quiet amusing."

Blue blue ones find her golden ones, and they flick to the golden toned lady's side. No sign of Rikyn. Where to young prince might be, I was not sure. I had noticed more of an absence on his part. After all, he was growing up, and he was leaving his mothers side more often to discover the wonders of the world.

But, I have prolonged this discussion to long now, and I move my eyes back to the lady's. I'm ready to tell. To spill the beans so to speak. "I was on the coast, I wanted to see the ocean, and I wasn't really paying attention. I almost ran into him from... from a gallop. But I stopped, in time. He looked so dead. So emotionless. So cold. In a way it frightened me, because I am as closed off as he was. But I wasn't dead looking. Of course he was good looking, not gross with flesh hanging around him. But, something about his air was dead. It was mildly depressing. He was very good looking, so I asked his name, jokingly, and he said his name had to many strings attached, so I gave him a name. I called him Liam. He asked for mine, but he ended up giving me a name, as I was bored and wanted to make things interesting. So, he called me Aleshia. Some how, by giving him that name I awakened something in him. And in return he awakened a fire inside me as well. I had never felt so much passion.... You obviously know what happened next. Then we parted ways...." I return my gaze to Glacia, her icy eyes roaming the new world around her. "AS for his looks... Well, He had a horn of ice, her blue eyes, and a white coat with spots of black scattered his body." I tear my eyes from my new born daughter and look to see the reaction from the Gilded Blade. Would she know who he was? Would she know Liam's true name?

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Illynx]
Words;; 441 Words
Notes;; Sorry about that mess up earlier <3

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Power and control,
I’m gonna make you fall.

"His name is Mauja."

Aviya's face was stoic and dead, her crystalline eyes staring down at the foal and mother. On silent, cloven hooves the warrior princess strode next to Illynx. Soft, white puffs of her magic's fog pooled around her hooves, dangerously reaching out towards the infant. Though her face was void of emotion, her lips drawn tight, a seething anger boiled through her chest that was easily detected. Her ears laid back against her neck, her frosted mane toppling over it. She looked like her father in this instant, more than her bay brother that resembled him so dearly. Before the queen and the mother stood the spitting image of d'Artagnan, face and rage.

"You are a fool for choosing to create bastard children into this world, especially with him. He has other children, children that he has left in darkness and to fend on their own. Your child will die a bastard. This monstrosity is not worthy of life." No, this child was not Tamlin. This thing was a product of Mauja's destruction, of the wake he left with his deteriorating life. It was true what the mare said about him--he was dead. In Aviya's eyes, the king was no more worthy of her respect than the hornless. He had left his children, his herd, his throne--all for what? For himself? And now, he bed this whore and left her with a child.

Aviya felt sick. Stepping forward through her cloud of fog, she reached towards the foal. Her nostrils wrinkled and she tipped her broken glass horn towards the pathetic creature. "I can end future misery, now." Aviya whispered, tail lashing back and forth against her hocks, slapping the air with her anger and discomfort. The dark princess did not regard the Gilded Blade, her queen of arms and commander, or the attack she may unleash to defend one of her herdlings. Aviya only cared to destroy, to smite this infant that was a disgrace to Tamlin and his blood. The woman felt her limbs begin to tremble, only a sensation she knew. Strike now, the mother is weak. Birth is tremendously draining. Kill it. Kill her. Kill everything.

The assassin had never felt this much rage towards anything before, not even against her half-brother when he shattered her horn, her weapon, her pride. No, this was something new to her, something that had never woken in the depths of her belly. This fury was white hot, burning and devouring her completely. All she knew was that she had to eliminate this offspring, to reassure herself...or to reassure her long lost Tamlin, she did not know.

Illynx
She begins with a long story, one Illynx isn’t particularly interested in but familiar enough with female temperament to listen to with a smile and a feigned mask of interest, even managing to make her eyes glimmer at the appropriate times by instilling her own thoughts of happy and good things into her mind when they came to pass across the dark lips of Sialia. She’s glad when it seems the epic tale of how Sialia had boned a man she didn’t even know came to close, and thankful as always that she had better control of her hormones than it seemed nearly all of Helovia did.

She looks away to the child as she finally gets to what the golden Lady wanted to know (for she is nosey but not to such a degree as to care for lustful tales of sad men), a nod given in reply to the tale and a knowing smile reading that she understood what she truly did not. It had taken her years of careful watching and selection to chose Ulrik as a potential sire, and while she did not love him, she had at least known his name and profession and known he’d be around for the long haul.

Each syllable confirms her suspicions, and her smile holds no longer.

Oh, Mauja… she manages to think before a cruel and hostile female voice turns her face and thoughts, echoing the name she had ruminated to herself.

She’s momentarily stunned by the angry visage the once-small-girl in her memories forms, her shattered horn angled and vicious, her ears flat and eyes burning. Little time passes as she glares upon the babe and new mother before she continues her assault, Illynx struggling with her memories to remember who the girl is – until suddenly, it strikes her.

Aviya, daughter of the Nightshade and his pale bride, half sibling to the son of the Moon – and she is madder than seventeen hells.

Fucking Mauja, more viscerally thinks Illynx as she watches things tumble from hostile to dangerous; the Lady’s own ears fall to her crown as she glares hotly at the young woman who angles her horn at the child, who spits curses and insults that, while true, are entirely unnecessary at this point and time – and, let us not forget, were Illynx’s responsibility to impart when she felt necessary.

"Aviya!" she snaps, teeth clacking aggressively against one another as her metal clad frame steps forward and her golden horn juts protectively beneath the frail glass of her own, hovering between weapon and innocent with a fire burning intensely in her metallic eyes, "go wave your horn around in the Frostheart’s face, for all the nothing that will do!"

Hoping Sialia would be smart enough to move the little bundle of joy during her first few words, Illynx surges forward, attempts to bull her way into the face of the hostile child of the Doctor; her mouth is steeled in a line that belies the aggravation she feels, the need to smack the little brat around for threatening a fellow herd mate in such a way – no matter her heritage, she was whole. She was alive.

She was Illynx’s, fucking damn it.

"Sialia and her ilk have done no wrong," her words hiss outwards, dark tail slashing behind her in a rippling stream of aggression, "you on the other hoof have threatened the life of a herd mate, no matter how deeply her existence wounds your soul!"

"Do you think I like it?" she snarls, memories of the sweet lavender girl she had left in his care flooding her, worry that she had failed again bleating loudly in her heart (not because she cares for the fate of either Sielu or her sire, but because it may return to the ears of her comrades, of her herd, and they will dislike her for her failures to be without flaw), "to know that yet another of his mistakes has become my problem?" A snort rasps from her nostrils, dry and bitter, full of a loathing she won’t ever act on for love of her Empress, the love she had felt for the stupid, stupid man in question.

"She will have a better life here without him than she’d have ever hoped for in his company, Aviya," she says, a softening of her voice taking her, a well trained act to try and ease the tension that was written across the young warrior, "and Sialia did not know. She could not know."

Nessie

Rage. All I feel is rage at this young creature that approaches. His name? It doesn't matter any more, as his name is meaningless to me. I know not of his great feats, nor of his great failures. I don't know any of those strings attatched to his name. He is meaningless.

However, this girl is not. I may be weakened by the birth of the so far innocent child beside me, but I could still fight this magic spewing bitch. However, Illynx so kindly interferes. Even though it would be lovely to tear out the girls throat and watch her bleed, taste her blood in my jowls. But, as I am not always a complete idiot, I take the hint, and I stand, turning my muzzle down, pushing the small creature up to stand, and forward. The speckled girl stumbles for a moment, before moving forward, wobbly of course, until we are safely out of the way of the little bitch called Aviya. However, something catches my ears, as Illynx rages on the deserving child.

"to know that yet another of his mistakes has become my problem?" My ears fly back at the queen. The child was not her problem. Not even her responsibility. "Glacia is not!" I say, anger clear in my vocal chords. "She is my child. I take the responsibility for her, and my actions. " I am not above Illynx, but she cannot claim it is her own responsibility. Never, ever, can she claim that with Glacia. She is my own child, and my own responsibility.

And I turn to the young brat that threatened my daughter. "I suppose someone should have taken your life right before your birth, so that you could keep from threatening a child. A innocent child. I'm fucked up, but even I stop there. " I snort, disgusted by the creature that she is. "Be careful, because if I ever given the chance, I will rip your pretty little throat out for threatening my child." I tell the truth. I wont touch a hair on her body while we are herd mates, but if either of us is exiled, I will come after the little bitch.

I look to Illynx, my eyes cold, distant. "I wish to know more of this Mauja, to tell my daughter of him when she is older. Despite all his fuck ups, he is still her father and she deserves to know." My happy mood is gone, and if anyone fucks with me they are going to die.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Aviya] @[Illynx]
Words;; 438
Notes;; <3