the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fly in a Jar (welcoming)

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

My body is alive with the fire of OMGIWANNAHAVESEX and all my hairs stand on end. Damaris trails our procession, her own body alive with WHATTHEFUCKISGOINGON as she tries to process her own distrust of Wryn and the arousal that courses through me. I can't blame her uneasiness, and were I thinking straight I would agree with her and we'd kick this Wryn to the curb. But I'm just a poor stallion, subject to the earthly desires which all of us feel at some point or another. I plod down the trail that leads us to the Hidden Falls valley, not watching my steps because the path is so familiar to me. My flints know where to step, I don't have to even think about it. My mind is wavering between thoughts of "what position will Wryn take here in the Falls?" and "I wonder what she feels like", and I can't take a second to notice if the mare is taking the treacherous path as easily as I am or if she's about ready to fall headfirst. We approach the bottom, and I start speaking, though my brain is still not engaged, and I'm really just on autopilot. "This is the Hidden Falls, led by Midas the Gallant and Seele the Necromancer. While you are here, you shall choose a position, either as a spy, warrior, crafter, healer, or storyteller. It is up to you what path you shall follow." C'mon, c'mon let's get past the basics. I gotta get you all settled here before we can move to a more private area and get it on! You've teased me so much Wryn, but the duties must come first, as much as I hate it.

Damaris finishes down the path and comes over to my side, not calm enough to lie down or even sit. Her ears are tilted back, her tail out, and her entire body stiff. Her glowing green eyes look like they could shoot daggers at the dapple grey mare with a sickly sweet voice. Perhaps it is jealousy at the attentions that I want to give to Wryn, or perhaps it is basic protectiveness and survival instinct that tell her that the mare is not to be trusted. (And that I may not be smart enough to leave well enough alone.) I reach down with my muzzle and nuzzle the top of my companion's head. Looking back at Wryn, I speak again. "I realize I did not answer your earlier question. Damaris is my hellhound companion. She is not a pet. We are bonded souls." A hint of aggression enters my voice, signaling that it would be very unwise to be rude to my beloved. Damaris is the closest thing in this world I have to family, and anyone to cross my family crosses me.

WC: 470
Tag: @[Branwyn], @[Midas], @[Seele]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Branwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B r a n w y n.

Wry knew her ‘display’ was something many were not use to. It wasn’t every day you laid eyes on such a conflicted and rather ‘out there’ equine like her. She had issues, deep rooted and disturbing daddy and mommy issues that plagued her and tainted her and just made her into what she is. Perhaps years of abuse and neglect molded her to be so dark and brooding from the beginning. There was a part, a small part to her that was kind and somewhat sane…. But she wasn’t sure if this brute she was so enchanted by, would see that. She was obviously using him for sex and a place to go. She had no intentions of becoming attached to him, and he didn’t seem like the kind who liked to get attached himself. In her book, this was all well and good. Perhaps they could be ‘friends’ or something of the like. Sure, she was dark and kind of scary and downright fucking crazy but hey…. She liked sex apparently as much as he did soooo… maybe they could have a little mutual sexy agreement going… perhaps a ‘friends with benefits’ thing.

Wryn flipped her tail and began to follow the brute as he acknowledged her acceptance to go with him to Hidden Falls. She began to ponder over the place. What exactly was it like where she was going? Surely there had to be a waterfall somewhere, why else would it be named something like that if not. It sounded serene and peaceful enough, somewhere she really wasn’t use to being… but perhaps it was dark and foreboding unlike its name suggested. She blinked and focused on him in front of her, his lion like tail keeping her interest as it swayed in front of her. She had no concept of personal space and quite a few times she damn near hit front hoof to his rear. She didn’t understand the meaning of awkward either – thus her intrusion of space and not feeling oddly or off about much of anything. However, focusing more on him got her into trouble. Soon, she was left splay legged. Her long, thin limbs weren’t as thick and sure as his and the path had become treacherous and difficult to maneuver. Pushing the feeling of heat from her face in slight frustration, she focused on where he was putting his hooves. Soon enough she was matching him step for step. At least she was a quick learner… he had to give her that much. Any other beast would be bitching to him to hold up, but not her – she was right (and I mean right) behind his ass.

--------

Entering the lands she then noticed the entire time the wolf like creature had been taking up the rear. Oddly she had pushed the being from her mind and was so focused on the brute before her, she didn’t even take in the scenery. A downfall to her, she tended to have tunnel vision and a lack for details when this happened. It had gotten her into a shit load of trouble, numerous times before and damn near killed her… but it was a bit relaxing to focus on him after her mind being so strung out on every sound for the last few days. The meeting with the god, almost caused her to shit herself. She wasn’t use to such magnificent and alluring creatures. The thought of what could be here, was terrifying and quite honestly, a huge turn on for the sex addicted bitch.

As he stopped, she too stopped. This time, she was giving him space. Something about him just rubbed her in all the right ways. Maybe it was his masculine scent, the way he puffed his chest out when she seemed smitten by him or maybe it was how he carried himself – sure and proud – and how he wasn’t seeking attachment and wasn’t a clingy little bitch. As he talked she studied his bearded maw intently as if she could see the words actually falling from his lips. Positions huh? This was appealing to her. She wondered if she would meet the leaders of this fine establishment before he fucked her into next week. She blinked, trying to refocus but it was obvious when her mind slipped – because her tail grew lax and her hips responded by relaxing and her scents seemed to always give her away. Her own lips parted as a different voice came out, a calmer more relaxed version of the mare that was under the insanity emerged I don’t think I would be much on fighting, or telling stories honestly. I destroy to much to heal, what’s a crafter do? she asked inquisitively and stood a normal distance from him, watching his wolf creature, it wasn’t until a few seconds later she learned the accurate name for it.

As he spoke of the hellhound with the glowing eyes, her façade changed from hating it, to curiosity about it. Her mind seemed to run away again but this time, she was wondering how it felt to actually have someone or something connected to you so close that it was there, always. She never had that, ever. Everything she ever thought she loved or wanted, died or she killed it because she was crazy from everything she loved, well… dying. Death seemed to follow her and just be a part of who she was, but under everything, there was still a filly who felt what every normal being felt – hurt and alone. Her façade hardened again, as she realized she was traveling to a part of her mind and emotions that she had locked away and as quick as the emotion passed on her face, it was gone.

Flickering her eyes back up at the brute she took note of his tone and how he moved and caressed the hellhound. Well, Rosti… if I may? I can tell you care a great deal for her and I will not bother nor cross your hellhound nor look at it in an inappropriate manner again. shifting her gaze to the hellhound she addressed her and offered her apology in Ernest Damaris, I am sorry. You are right, I am not to be trusted because the being before you now, isn’t always who resides in my mind. I am conflicted and sometimes dangerous and very odd but I am sorry that I was such a bitch. I have had very bad happenings with wolf like creatures. So… she trailed off and turned her attention back to the brute and stood there, blank faced and wondering exactly what he would think of her ever shifting moods and personalities.

OCC:
1124 words :0
I missed RPGs so much. Babble Babble Babble on I knoooww Im sorry
I was placed as an outcast because I wasnt sure what position I really wanted her as or what she fit as.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
They trailed into the falls, hoof beat by hoof beat. I stirred from the overhanging cliff high above their position, moving out from shadows and tilting neck forward with honeyed gaze narrowing eagerly to assess the quarry he trailed – gaze ever watching as my short, stocky senior Legatus led yet another mare into our group. Yar, say true. Yet. Another. Mare.
One dark ear notched back, perplexed, it would be foolish to turn away a willing heart (and I’d never refuse a woman who stood at our door). But lately, my crew seemed to be collecting mares and only mares from the Threshold and various territories. Surely a few headstrong, unemotional stallions were among the count that could be gathered?

Fina scoffed, reading my mind. Her flaming light is like a small sun, replacing shadows in even the darkest recesses of our makeshift patrol point, “Ye doesn’t like girls?” She asked innocently, tilting that crown of flames. A smile is gleefully planted across her avian face. I glance over and sigh a frustrated groan, shaking cranium violently enough that it sent dual colored locks flailing across the opposite side of my neck.

Bottomless pools rolled into my skull, and instead of answering I allowed the silken glide of feathers to fall clean from their sheath. A constant breeze kissed a cool trail between feathers, one, two steps forward and a split second later I was plummeting toward the rocky earth below. Gold hued primaries spread wider, ballooning when wind filled them to burst, skyborn. Gliding above their conversation, my shadow trailed below, darkening as I slipped forward for a clean landing.

A warm smile crept forward, erasing all sighs of previous discontent. Gaze swept over Rostislav, “Welcome home Legatus,” attention turned to his company, “and to ye as well. Welcome, my name is Midas.”
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

When we reach the bottom of the path and find ourselves at one of the pools of water here in the Falls, I find that Wryn is full of words. Many more, and of a different sort, than I expected. She actually stops to think about what sort of position she might like here - that's the first surprise. The second is how sincerely and emphatically she reacts to my retort about Damaris. Her apology is more than I expected, more than I even needed. Damaris looks at the mare strangely, not understanding all the words that are said to her, but she blinks a few times and returns to sit by my side, her tail slowly thumping in the grass. Whatever the grey mare is saying, the pup can tell they are nice and somehow, respectful. The growing canine puffs out her chest proudly and licks my shoulder, feeling more comfortable with the hormonal thing that I've brought home.

Before I can respond, the great and wonderful Midas – his companion Fina in tow – swoops down and lands near us. His smile is pleasant, but then, isn’t it always? I can’t imagine that a herd leader can be without troubles, and Midas seems like he might be the world weary leader putting on a brave face. Does he have someone to lean on, a shoulder to cry on? Certainly, I’m not the one for the job, but it could do him a world of good I bet if he had someone to vent to. Of course, the last time we met was the herd meeting, but before that, the battle field. I barely left a scratch on the old boy, but as I smile and nod in returned greeting, I feel again the bruises that he left on my battered body.

I really need to take a break from these spars.

But of course I forget that I need to be a little more involved in this budding conversation between three of us. ”Midas, this is Wryn. She has mentioned interest in potentially being a crafter. Could you tell her more? I have nyet experience with anything of the crafting nature.” I choke out a laugh, realizing that my throat has gone dry. I glance over as slyly as I can at Wryn. I have no attraction to her personality, but her body might be nice. I get the feeling she feels the same way about me. Not that I don’t desire a relationship at some point in my life, but it’s been so long since I got any, that I can’t help but want a little physical relief first. Relationships can stay on the backburner, especially with this one who seems a little less than mentally stable. Were I recruiting for them, I might send her their way, but I haven’t spent much if any time with the other Asylum members in recent time, and I’m not one hundred percent sure that the Asylum even exists anymore. All the thoughts swirl in my head, one thought butting out another as they spin round. All the blood…. It’s not in my head, ladies and gents. Not in that head.

WC: 528
Tag: @[Branwyn]
Sorry I took so ungodly long!

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Unregistered

the [beast] within

She watched the hellhound respond to her voice, as it seemed to calm down. This sent a peace through her mind as she knew the thing understood that at least in this state, she would never mean it any harm. Her optics traveled back to the brute who had brought her here. He seemed surprised at her response and in all honesty, she expected that. Many, including her, didn’t understand how two beings inside her body, fought to come out. It was an exhausting disease and mentally draining because she had no control over it. The raging and crazy thing that the stallion had seen in the threshold and the calmer more genuinely respectable one, before him now were only two of the biggest faucets of her disorder. The other smaller one, was only apparent when the beast took hold. Her unquenchable sex addiction seemed to follow the wake of the second personality. Different surroundings, seemed to make the ugly side of her come out. While she was relaxed and calm, she was fine. Any kind of fear or emotional upset, triggered the beast inside her and it would rage forward, pushing back the calmer of the two.

And in just a split second, her calm and seemingly placid demeanor changed. As the wings of the lord of the land, caught air and sent a rush around her she froze in fear. Dipping down like a hawk in the sky, he had come from above them and landed smoothly in front of her, sending a shock wave through her body of unease and adrenaline. She was not use to the mangic of these lands and this was the first winged being she had seen since the winged god who had granted her access here (which had scared her so badly, it had sent her into a fit of rage that she was still trying to get over when Rosti found her). The calm and sweet Wryn, was gone and she could feel the beast awakening again and dragging its ugly face forward, and in front of the king of the lands. Her last few coherent thoughts were that she was going to be killed and he would strike her out of her new found home and banish her forever if he let her live.

Blues eyes grew wide as they glazed and her body tensed. Her shoulders and hips, twitching as if flies were surrounding her. The demon was back once more. She looked at Rosti’s tongue as it moved in his mouth, flicking on his lips as he talked to the winged king of the falls. Moments before the king had introduced himself but her mind had barely caught it. Midassssss she whispered to herself as she turned her attention from the sex driven brute to the smaller winged being before her and looked his body over, wondering what he would feel like inside her. Maybe he would give her the position of his sex slave or the her whore. She could be good at that.

She watched them both, her tongue flicking on her lips as she eyed Rosti and flipped her tail back and forth. She knew he could smell her. She could see his eyes grow distant and she had a feeling he was thinking about how she felt, just as much as she was thinking about how he felt in her. She scooted closer to him and stood by his side, her heavier breathing making her rips barely brush his coat as she turned her attention back to Midas. such a pleasureee to meet such a fine looking and nice King she hissed sweetly, too sweetly. She grinned to big as her eyes seemed to light on fire with her lady parts as she swished her tail into Rosti. What other positions are available in this herd She asked as she bent her nape, curling it and clewing on her knees as if there was a fly biting the shit out of her, but the truth was – there was nothing on her at all. Anywhere. It was her ramped up adrenaline and mind causing flicks of hallucinations to plague her and manifest in physical feelings of pin pricks and aches. She stood there, twitching sides and eyes the both of them, the demon part of her clearly apparent.

OCC:
729 words
Sorry if she is giving everyone whiplash but I am trying to develop her as I RP her.
Besides, Midas needs to know she is conflicted anyway. Nice little Wryn -pets-
then the bite your head off Wryn...
@[Rostislav] @[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The Legatus introduces his company as Wryn, I maintain a friendly composure, turning to better gauge the woman who would enter our ranks. He mentions that she has a hunger for crafting, or at least some interest in the finer details. When focused upon said girl, I note that she appeared set on edge, the points of her gaze is ravaging my flesh like I’d suddenly sprouted another skull. Both ears twitch and one fall’s back with obvious unease, though my approving grin remains neatly intact and outwardly I appeared unchanged. Gaze did however faintly narrow and one brow flicks up when Wryn shifted closer to Rostislav; said woman either sought assurance or comfort. Fina clicked her beak together, tasting the air.

There was little to rehash on the matter of craft work, one either had the skill for envisioning this art, or they didn’t. We could teach the logistics, but an inborn talent or desire to create was important. “Crafters are taught the art of creation by using the landscape and its resources to settle the needs of their herd – we have many apprentice crafters and two skilled Masons. With patience and practice many learn to harness powerful magic, they use different elements toward their bidding,” sand trailed from the ground, rising to glide in a ropelike formation between my forefeet and below neck. I carried the shape forward, higher so she might better observe, “and create something of meaningful worth, often from nothing.”

The sand spun round, growing more golden by the moment. It shifted, seemingly lifelike in the changing as its shape formed various complex spheres, cones, and other simple block like creations had been produced. After the small show the golden granules slithered back to the earth from whence it came, “Ye asks about other positions? Does ye have a different task in mind that would suit skillset?”

I thought maybe I could handle all of this when Midas arrived. He brought a solidity to the gathering, grounding. Maybe with him here, his wisdom and grand presence, I could keep my head above the rising waters that threaten to drown me. Unfortunately, with his arrival, it seems to have set something off within Wryn, and instead of being my buoy, he's the storm that ends my hopes of survival. She moves closer to me and I can feel the electricity from her fidgety body bouncing from her to me, back and forth, lighting both of us on fire with the intensity of imagined sensations.

I step away from her and shake my head violently, like trying to rid myself of bugs flying around my eyes and nose, trying to get into my crevices. The woman is already flirting with the King, and asking about other positions. But I thought she said.. Fuck it. Midas seems to be holding it together, but I already feel bad for bringing another crazy female back to our home. I let the two speak, and keep my own tongue quiet. I take another step away from the grey mare, unnerved by her mood swings. Maybe if she was sane I'd tap that, but my common sense is starting to overcome my desire to tap. I watch her with wary eyes. I've gotten inside the crazy once before, and I remember saying afterward, "Don't stick your dick in crazy." Am I crazy enough to do it again? Right now, I'm not sure.

WC: 258
Devs, I'm not 100% sure Rosti's gonna have the guts for our plot :P Wryn might be a little too much for him. Also, sorry it's so short.

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Unregistered

I'm 6 feet from the edge...

She could feel the demon pushing her under, almost trying to drown her but it wouldn’t work forever. The thing had to sleep eventually and as the smaller figured stallion spoke, her mind seemed to ease and her heart ticked to a steadier beat, lulling her mind back to what was reality. She was aware, she was aware that she had issues and was aware how silly and terrible and horrendous she looked but she was tired. Tired of feeling embarrassed and apologizing for things that she couldn’t control. She needed help. Magic and someone who would look past her outbursts and lash back if need be, and she knew that Rosti wasn’t that for her, he was just someone who was gaining members for this herd and a steady minded brute who didn’t want her drama and she didn’t blame him, not at all. She appreciated that he had taken enough time to even talk to her.

Her flints pulled her frame from his and she withdrew emotionally from everything around her and tried to focus on the words of the kind king before her. His lyrics were something calm to focus on and try to keep herself from another episode. She watched as he spoke about crafting and her auds flicked forward, her back hoof relaxing from the ground as she watched him bring before her the grains for the earth and swirl and work them into different shapes and she felt a little twinge of excitement as the magic he held, sparked though the air. That is amazing she whispered softly her eyes flickering to Rosti who was now distancing himself and shaking his dial in astonishment. A look of sadness cross over her façade as she knew why. She desperately needed a friend in these new lands and she had ruined chance after chance of finding one, driving many a brute away from her before he came and now he was seeing exactly why.

She turned her attention back to the king and cleared her thought as he asked her a question No sir, excuse me. Please disregard anything I said previously while having… issues. I do not, nor can not control her.. um.. myself she shot a look towards rosti and her browns furrowed deeper before she turned away I just thought, when I am like that you could probably send me out to murder something for you but… that isn’t who I really am.. It’s just.. when I get scared or startled… Wryn looked at the earth and felt two feet tall. She didn’t want this at all. She was grateful for the family home, and a place to be safe at. Thank you, Rosti for brining me here… even if you leave. I understand she murmured softly towards him and kept her submissive stance and looked though her forelock at the hellhound near him, admiring how beautiful their bond was and wishing that one day, she too had something like this.

OCC:
506 words
Sorry Rosti...
@[Rostislav] @[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
My Legatus shuffles aside, putting distance between himself and Wryn; a sign of discomfort? Passively my gaze flicks to him curiously but ebony lips remain sealed as I wait patiently for the newblood to reply. Luckily we wouldn’t have to wait too long. The dappled mare draws in a steadying breath, those emerald pools sharpen from their hazy regard and when she replies it was almost out of secret dejection. The response was a jumble and far from a direct answer.

Wryn wasn’t making ends meet, I glance toward Rostislav with both brows raised, almost wondering if I’d somehow been unclear or was missing some key element that he was withholding in all this. Her mention of murder and shadow work causes brows draw in tightly, “This family harbors little desire for assassins.” There was already one to many of those who dabbled in such work. “Ye is welcome to join the ranks of soldier, healer, crafter or spy,” my tone softens to hide the strain this conversation seems aimed in bringing.

“Rostislav,” he’d brought her into the valley and it would be he to assure her safety and further wellbeing, “See Wryn to the medic should she desire and a place to rest; report later upon her decision of a rank.” My orders are firm, but not lacking in sympathy for both individuals. Perhaps rest and a healing touch would help this wayward wanderer regain control of a mind that was fractured and broken down. Though, a friend once schooled me that the flesh was considerably easier to mend.

Well I'm confused. I stand there, looking utterly the fool. Damaris steps back from me, as if wanting to distance herself from this embarrassment. So.. now... Wryn isn't the crazy psycho, but a normal little mare who just wants friends? No.. I .. what? She speaks softly but sincerely and thanks me for my assistance. Rejection is painted all over her face. Like.. someone poured a bucket of rejection all over her and she's going to get lead poisoning from it. I heave a sigh and relent. The words that come from Midas's mouth surprise me a little - did he.. Did he just through me under the bus? Whatever is going on with Wryn, Midas seems to have decided now is a great time to micromanage, and has given me the task of dealing with/fixing/researching it.

I nod my head toward Midas. He's da boss, gotta do what he says. Besides, I'm the one that gave the lady the hope that something was going to happen. Now I either have to follow up on it or face the consequences if I'm too chicken to do the no-pants dance. Though, if she'd just be calm like this I wouldn't chicken out.... Maybe we can have a little.. chat, before getting our needs settled. You know.. if there's a baby should we keep it? What will we name it? Are you crazy and will you try to kill me after like a black widow? That sort of thing, normal, average, everyday pre-mating chat. (Or perhaps what should be.) I move closer again to Wryn but I'm careful to not touch her. I don't want to set her off again - like a ticking time bomb or some shit.

I nod again to Midas, as if forgetting my previous acknowledgment. "Yes Sir." I glance almost shyly at Wryn and nod toward the rest of the Falls. "Come, we'll get you settled." I give a parting grunt to Midas - friendly but a little less than polite - and turn away, assuming that Wryn won't do anything crazy and will follow me as we find a place for her to rest, and I can fetch Kiara if necessary. Sometimes I really wonder what it is I get myself into and.. good Lord, why.

WC: 377
Now Rosti is confused about what he wants. Poor guy got his brains scrambled. Considering this my exit post for this thread.

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread