the Rift

[OPEN] woke up with the sun [basin celebration invitations]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The hour at hand, creatures ambled into the stirrings of dawn, anointed and divined with beatific decrees and singsong fixtures, wandering with regal, devout purpose. They came with blessings, with benedictions, with joviality and frivolous, delightful merriment, hastened not by a single chord of malice or trenchant tirades, only the lightest of whims and the brightest of smiles. Celebrations, instead of calculations or machinations, were to be spun into the air, candied and sugared, honeyed and woven, threads, tapestries, arias and waltzes, murmured and crooned into the winsome atmosphere. Gestures of peace, of goodwill, of dedication and hope, blooming repose and beautiful armistices, captured and retraced in the silken banners of their icicle kingdom, suddenly not daunting, not treacherous, but blooming, wondrous, beautiful and intrepid. Without a dose of ill will, without a conviction stamped in blood or danger, they donned sunrise cloaks and morning dew, pulsing with the promising light. Invitations were gathered and collected within her maw, and she led the way down the rime paths and frosty parlors, dancing in capricious, fairy incantations, humming a breathless tune underneath her regal finesse and ministrations, lending the party a beckoning, illuminated summoning – something otherworldly, sculpted from dreams and reveries, a passionate melody driven from fey interactions and elegiac, ebullient spirits – as they drifted from ice into valleys and falls, excitement barely contained.

She remembered the passages and alleys well from their recent trips and avid discussions, and though naught had transpired but a token line, they still reached out with emboldened hearts and enlightened souls. As they neared the borders of the hidden wake, with the dove call of crashing chutes and trumpeting, awakening forests, she extended her sienna nape and released her hold on several leaf cards and notes, smiling at the children’s markings and drawings, shaped and refined to depict broad temptations, allures, beguilement, with makeshift imaginations and zealous creations. The sylph drew her eyes towards her followers, grinned a little wider at Mirabella and Sialia, clutching their hold, both willing to venture into the unknown for the sake of their foretold soiree. “Let’s leave them here.” With any luck, they’d flutter upon the wind, flicker on a butterfly’s wing, fly into the horizon and land where others would see them, be drawn, enticed, and pressed to join their augured festivities. Quickly thereafter, she intertwined back into the morning’s sanction, encouraging her comrades to pursue, for they had other kingdoms, sovereigns, and herds to extend their hospitality toward.

[You’ve been invited to The Aurora Basin’s Celebration of the Time God!

Below is a drawing of your invitation, provided by several Basin foals:

For a translation; Basin – Unicorns – Orangemoon. ;D

All Unicorns will be encouraged to attend. Festivities will be held towards the latter end of Orangemoon, once we have everything prepared. Thank you! ^__^

@[Mirabella] @[Sialia] ]

Lena</style>
where there is love, there is life.</style>

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

We move quickly, dutifully. My body, though tired from the recent foaling, is almost glad to be moving once more. It would be a long day, but it would be nice to strain myself. I have two comrades with me. Ahead of me is the Time Mender, Lena. She seems kind enough, though I do not know her well. I like her.

Alongside me is the small Mirabella. I have met the small creature before, during my meeting with Liriope. She was the daughter of Corporal Deodat, one I had to listen to. Well, that wouldn't be for long. I planned to start training with Torleik as soon as possible. When the doc said it was okay. Probably before the doc said it was okay.

This however was a good start. A long trip across country, moving at a brisk pace. My muscles burned, but it was a wonderful feeling for me. It meant I was getting stronger again.

Though, delivering invitations was not the most interesting thing in the world, I also got to know the lands around us. We approach the Hidden Falls now, twisting and turning behind Lena. She knows her way well, and I am confident in her ability to lead Mirabella and myself. Of course, my mind memorizes the twists and turns. In case I need to return here on... Business.

Lena stops, and she looks at us. “Let’s leave them here.” She says, and I reach into the package holder drawing out many invitations, lying them down. After that, we are off again, into the wilderness, off to the next place. The Worlds Edge.

"Speech"
Tag;;
Words;;270
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

see the lightening in his eyes
see them running for their lives

Fools bred fools and hate only more hate. I saw them come to the very edge of our border; yet I remained impassive, silent and aloft in the shadows of an awning. Fina was perched silently, her talons digging into the cliff face and gaze nearly as narrowed and hard as my own. Protectively we watched, as a new mother did when she watched over her newborn suckling as it took a first breath. They could come, shinning fangs glistening at our doorway, bared out of spite or joy. It meant little either way. I’d not be played the fool or be lured in by hate --- nay, these creatures could play whatever games they deemed necessary. My only focus was to protect a herd. A family that had been trusted to this soul, to give it a voice, a strong one.

They slipped back into the woods, having dropped off a sheen of green across the dirt. I waited until their bodies were out of sight – and the stench of them lingered on the air as the only reminder. Wings extended, flaming wings. Fina dipped to the ground, catching one such fluttering thing between her talons. Gently, and carefully she carried said package back up. Dropping it without ceremony at my feet.
I glanced down, noting the crude marks and scuffles.

Unicorns; their image was clear, and what appeared to be a rough depiction of some landscape. Mountains, the peaks high and towering. The Basin? A few moments of pondering and I realized what this little...leaf drawing meant. It was an invitation of sort, into the Basin. For Hidden Falls unicorns…

Fina screeched, soaring back toward earth; coupled as my own powers emerged. Fire and Earth scorched their work, their attempts to cut our family in half – lure out whom they chose, but my family would not be among them. We wouldn’t trust a serpent just because his head was down.

Anger flared and the leaves were shredded or burnt to ash. Only one remained, and that one would be delivered to Seele – and the herd as a whole.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

I was enjoying my freedom from Momma's side. Going with Lena and the others to deliever party invitations was a nice break. Momma seemed to be growing weaker anyway... To be honest I almost don't need her anymore. The first plae we went was the herd that had turned down being nice to us. Well, I think that's basicly what happened. I'm not really sure. Either way, I had no idea there would be this much walking. I was already getting tired, and we still have two more herds and the wilds to go. I watched quietly at Lena let go of the invitations that I along with the other foals had worked so hard on. Okay so, they aren't perfect... But hey, we're just kids right? They were fun to make too.

It was as I was turning to follow the others on to our next stop that I saw them. I moved on acting as if I was leaving before turning back suddenly to see our hard work.... GOING UP IN FLAMES!! "You gotta be kidding me!" I exclaim as I run forward, tears slipping from my eyes. This feeling was like nothing I have ever known. Watching my hard work, along with all the others hard work burning on the ground. The mix of earth and fire scared me, but the rage and hurt of all the hard work was to much. "HEY STOP IT!!! THOSE ARE PARTY INVITATIONS!!!" Why did he have to be so.... so mean? "We foals worked hard on those!" I am sniffling now.... Trying to contain myself. After all, I am the daughter of a Basin Corpral... I should not be standing here crying over burnt leaves.... But these weren't just any leaves... They were something we had worked so hard on. Why did he have to be so rude... I stared at the one that had seemed to survive....

My eyes looked to the pegasus, my voice quivering now. "We just wanted to invite your herd to a party... Why you have to be so rude?" I sniffled again, glancing over my shoulder to see if Lena and Sialia had stopped or if I was going to have to run to catch up. I give him one last look, tears filling my eyes again. I don't like this feeling. If all winged ones are like this.... Then I hate them. I hate them! I turn, running as fast as my little legs will carry me.

It is then I discover my magic..... Without knowing what happened I made two portals. As I ran I entered one, and came out on the other side right behind the adults. Tears still stained my face. I would have to tell them what happened, but right now... I just wanna know how I did that...

"talk talk talk"

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

In a cascading display of electricity, the stocky God appeared. A look of muted annoyance rested on his features, as his static gaze surveyed the burnt invitations now laying discarded upon the ground. An ear flicked in the direction of the filly, and her cries of anger and betrayal. The other was focused upon the pompous paint. A dark lip curled upwards, as the God huffed.

A bubble of current appeared around the ruined invitations, hazy and almost waterlike. Suddenly, time within the bubble began to move backwards. Fire retracted, images reappeared, and the invitations suddenly fit themselves back together. Hanging inside the bubble, they appeared whole and new again. As the God snorted, the bubble burst, and the invitations wafted slowly to the ground.

"How gallant of you, Midas." The God sneered tonelessly. "Brother Earth must be so proud of you. Burning the drawings of foals is clearly the mark of a competent ruler." Electricity forked from the God's horn, encasing both Fina and Midas, holding them paralyzed. The air around them grew cold, and small shocks gently licked painfully against their wings. "As the girl said, these are invitations to a party. To my party specifically. Do not burn them again." He warned ominously. He was not fucking around.

With a snort, the God disappeared in a blast of light, freeing Midas and Fina.

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
The golden boy may not have noticed her, but the cruel bird had been silently following him. Her loud colors are quick to give her away when stealth is needed, and the beauty has quickly learned that a light tread and a dark path are key when stalking her prey. And that's not even mentioning a lack of snide comments. A blue lip twitches as if itching to snap back at that. Save your words. They are better used elsewhere.

The maiden soon discovers that there is no better time to use her sharp tongue than now, and sapphire audits snap backwards at the sight of the horned intruders. She has only ever encountered outcasts and her fellow members, and so anyone she doesn't know instantly becomes a threat. Orange eyes gleam from the prospect of running the damsels off. These are her lands, after all.

An explosion of fire lights up the area just as the spy reaches Midas. A shocked stare follows after the phoenix, watching as it burns the leaves that are scattered here, save one. Almost as soon as the light show is over a screaming match begins, and the Aztec snaps her crown in the child's direction. Her face forms a sneer as the filly barks out hateful remarks to the painted man beside her.

"All I see are ashes, child. There are no invitations here." The vixen's words are soft, but edged with vehemence; they seek to drive their cruel intentions home with a subtle hint of mockery. The little one may have worked hard on constructing such ugly things, but all of her efforts are easily incinerated in the end.

What a thoughtful lesson for the Czar to teach. Best not let the girl's hopes grow too high before they ultimately come crashing back down. She turns her blue skull towards the one remaining leaf, trying to decipher its meaning. Apparently the filly and her friends are no artists, for the bird can make no sense of their message. Or perhaps she is just being nasty. Her curiosity demands to be satisfied regardless. A fiery pool turns to a golden one for guidance.

An invitation? To a party? Or to a much bloodier fate?

A surreal being materializes in answer to her question. The bird reels back in surprise, rolling her eyes and tossing her head in response to the brute's sudden appearance. When dark hooves reclaim the Earth once more, the hybrid watches the heavy stag in awe. His shorter stature and crooked horn are not nearly as impressive as his magic, and as soon as he speaks the beauty knows she has found a God worthy of her devotion. A thick fog of envy rolls over the peahen as she witnesses Midas receive his punishment. Maybe one day she will able to showcase her defiance, too.

The grey God dispels the ugly cloud that threatens to suffocate her with his mention of a party. Green and blue hair goes flying when the Chieftess tosses her head in frustration. What the hell is this gathering that they're all talking about? And why is the time-rewinder getting all riled up from a few burnt drawings? There is no time to ask the deity for enlightment, for a blast of light forces her to turn away and, when she looks back, he is gone. A chocolate weapon lashes out at the ground. Is this going to be a damn pattern? Do they ever stay when we need them to? Apparently not. But mortals do.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."
BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!