the Rift

A world full of little things
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Shortly following the rather alarming appearance of Basin’s patron god, and being schooled upon matters which had been shadowed beforehand. I didn’t bother to linger, gaze in astonishment at the rainbow spy and further analyze the meaning of all this.

Instead, the moment I felt able, (which was a good few moments after said time lord had vanished from sight) opened aching and tight limbs with slower than usual grace, feathers spread to catch a favorable wind. It soothed the painful licks. Carrying this body toward the pool of my father, to seek his guidance and his will. If a god was the one who gave blessing for those of this family to leave…leaving his home less able bodied when it came to defense, their own bodies, less protected.

I surely wouldn’t stand in the way of astral will; in fact, I’d give whole blessing for it.

For it was they who knew more than I. But why just unicorns…if it was truly a party to honor the gods (or a god)…why call for only those who bore one specific feature from birth?

How was this mortal mind supposed to see into past and future events? Know that it was the marks of children which had crafted those strange little leaves, even as their brethren overseers quietly and randomly dropped them off at our doorstep with scarce a word of explanation. Nay, it was impossible to realize such things until after the fact.

It was no longer my choice anyway. His decision which would either seal something harmless between our clans, regardless of the wariness that lingered like a foul taste of bad water – or condemn the action just as I had. I’d be the tool to carry it out, a vessel of sort.

I stood by the pool silently, not saying anything. One of those leaf’s fluttered to the ground, the crude little marks carrying very small meaning in my mind without an explanation. I was going to defend this home, to the best of my ability… “Fina,” she had been caught in the blast of electric energy and was mending wounded pride like a dog might sooth its wounds, nudging fiery feathers aside to ensure there was no lasting damage to her image, “Cry ye pardon child.” My voice is soft for her. It was my fault she hurt, even if both physical and mental wound was slight at best.

“Enough Midas.” The firegirl hissed, anger wasn’t purposely directed at me – she was frustrated with life in general (a thing which could be mirrored.) The endless wash of responsibilities never seemed to cease; and each day, they grew stranger and harder to manage alone.

I sighed, noticeably troubled for the herd I’d been tasked to guard.

Gaze shifted to the young upstart, Drom, who stood near and whom had taken over the position of storyteller, a position that had been recently filled by a certain little man whom had been entered upon the list of vanished, “Drom, I need ye to pray with me. Call upon our father, I would break words with him.” Please. I needed to know what to do for this family, how I was supposed to protect them from… “Father,” lids sealed themselves, Fina stiffened but remained silent, “I need ye now. See into this heart. Grant me guidance…and forgiveness for being shortsighted…”

“I beg ye, show me thy will on this matter. Show me thy path.”

OOC: Drom is posting next, (since she is our storyteller), let me know if anything needs to be changed (if she needs to post first.)

Cover me with a sheet
I know I'm not forgiven, but at least I may find peace
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Though new in the position of Storyteller, she already feels as if praying has become second nature, so she does not worry when Midas calls to her, asking her to pray, to summon the Earth God. She hears his prayer, but doesn't make a move to speak out loud. With water lapping at her hooves, she closes her caramel eyes and begins thinking. "Earth God? Please help. I think Midas really wants to talk to you, and I do too! I don't know how Midas was shortsighted, but he's a good stallion that deserves another chance. He might want you to guide down the right path. Now, I son't mean hand feed him and hold his hoof, but helpful advice would be nice! Of course, I know you have your duties, but I think Midas would be sad if you didn't come. Also, should I call you father?'' Her eyes flutter open, and glances at Midas. Was her strange prayer enough for a god?

Her velvet muzzle lowers to a bright flower near her. The scent is sweet and comforting. ''Father Earth, we seek your presence.'' She speaks to the flower momentarily before her muzzle rises again. Has she done Midas good? She wants to tell Midas her worries, but she is sure he does not care. He is troubled with greater things, she assumes. Why else would he want a god? Surely not to chat! ''Midas, if you ever want to talk-- about anything, I'm here.'' She could only offer kindness to him, for what else would an accomplished leader and crafter desire? She looks him over, remembering him telling her he was also a fighter. They were both jack of all trades, but Dröm was master of none and he was master of all. Would this become apparent now? Will he deem her unfit for this position?

Ooc: bad but I wanted to get this up while I have a few minutes! <3
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

From dust to dust

The trees swayed gently on an unseen breeze. Bark ruffled, grasses stirred, and suddenly the God simply was. Bits of dirt clumped in his thick mane, as if not wanting to be apart from that which created it. Bark fell from his shoulders, as he moved from beneath the canopy towards the two. Unlike most days, today the God looked tired. His dealings with Ampere had tested the very limit of his capacity to endure the stupidity of mortals, and it had taken the last ounce of willingness that he currently possessed, simply to be here with the two now. These emotions were apparent upon his features - his normally kind and patient gaze was hard and impatient. The rugged handsomeness of his features were distorted by frustration and anger. Even so, he had come, for he loved those who dwelt in the Falls, and he would not leave his new Storyteller ignored.

He had heard their words, but for now, merely nodded distantly to Midas. His dark gaze rested upon Drom, as he forced a smile and nod. "You may call me whatever you wish, child." He began evenly, in a voice that was not without warmth. "There have been many Storytellers before you, little one. You have been chosen, for you have much potential. I am here should you need me, but always remember that your actions must serve the interests of this herd above all else. " His smile widened now, as it became more genuine. The girl was small, but her heart was large, and her soul open. She might need some guidance now and then, but the God was confident she would fulfill her role well.

With a sigh, he turned to Midas. For a moment, he said nothing; forced himself to be silent. It would be all too easy to lash out at the paint as an outlet of his anger towards Ampere. Even if the Gallant deserved it, the God would not. Exhaling a breath to calm himself, he closed his eyes before beginning. "Midas." His voice was even and level as he spoke, but his words were laced with a distance rarely used with the dutiful paint. "I am disappointed in you. You have let the world harden you, which has clouded your judgement. You hold grudges against those who no longer pose a threat to you, and extend that hatred towards those who you don't even know. The Basin offered an alliance which the leadership of this herd declined. They have brokered peace with the other herds, and yet even in a time of mandated peace, you remain fearful. While I do not condone the actions of my brother, neither do I condemn them. You acted rashly, because you were afraid. Is that what I've taught you all these years Midas? To lash out out of fear?"

The God paused. His voice had risen nearly to a shout as he was speaking, and he could feel the ground beneath his hooves begin to shutter and dance. Taking a breath to once again calm himself, he continued. "The cause of the invitations might have been unknown to you at the time, but acting upon ignorance is even worse than acting upon fear. You might have asked the Basin, the questions lingering in your heart. "What is the party for? Why only unicorns?" and they would answer: "The party is a celebration of the unicorn race, and our patron God." Had you decided to burn the invitations then, after having some understanding, I might have understood."

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
He arrived, tension on the wind; a cold look in those pools. Little gentleness, obviously yon parent was mad. The breath I'd been holding was released, Fina shifted back and forth, anxious. Golden eyes fell forward when he started to speak to Drom, staring down into the ground. It didn't take years of knowing to understand he was angry and the current subject of such disappointment and fury. Yar, tis me.

I remained quiet, even when his attention came to me. His gaze on me, but I found myself unable to raise my stare. The weight of him was overwhelming, it was an unfamiliar pressure on this soul. I would have rather felt the physical pain brought by lighting than hear the disappointment in his tone and witness it behind a set of orbs I’d come to value above all others.

Yar, I listened though, listened well. Even as his voice rose and the earth trembled. My ears fell back, body shivered as if chilled; it wasn't until he finished and silence had fallen that I realized my chest was aching.

Exhale.

Quietly I raised my voice, it was soft compared to his thunder, a tree that had been shaken, bent to the will of him, but not broken, "I cry ye pardon."

The anger I felt for basin was stemmed from years of outward and distant grief. From the moment when Cera had been wounded by a basin cur, to Africa. I’d shown a unicorn mercy and she paid the price with her wing. There wasn’t even a number for how many who had given their lives for either foolish mistakes or its likeness brought from members of Basin kin. I thought back, remembering the bitterness that laced my tongue as each new story was weaved from the lips of others, friends and family alike. I'd been keeping a tally of their wrongs and finding it almost expected for their clan to be misguiding and traitorous.
"I..." Words stuck in the back of my throat, which had tightened with impossible coil. I didn't bother defending myself, there wasn't a point in such effort. I had been wrong, judgmental and harsh against them. Based on an expectation of wrongs, based on the pain those from said clan offered my closest friends.

Yet, he expected forgiveness.

"Ye speaks true and I hear it well." Shame taints my tone, crown is still bent down. How could I trust them? Was it even possible at this point? "Tis no secret I hold little love for those who live in the Basin." A thing he likely knew, "I don't know how to trust them..." In this I was weak, in this I was angry with myself, trapped beneath my fear of retaliation should I lent them trust. I hadn't flew down to question them because of these expectations. "I shall try..." This couldn't be something that suddenly changed within me, a small part of my soul fought for the right to hate them, the other pieces were weary of this tireless war that raged secretly within me.

Yar. I'll try.

An image came into my mind. Fina was nudging my consciousness, bringing me from thoughts. “The Basin filly,” I began, “If ye would bless it…I would seek to break words with her. I’ve wronged the child in this.” For their pain I was sorry, and my misguided soul ached to correct the sin. Perhaps in some small way…I could make amends. It wasn't much, but, it was a start.

I waited, preparing for…well…I wasn’t sure.

Cover me with a sheet
Image Credit

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
There is not even a moment of dull silence before the Earth God appears in all of his chocolate brilliance. He immediately joins the two, and nods to Midas. What does the nod mean? Is he upset with Midas, ignoring him? Her thoughts silence as his powerful voice spews words that the excited little girl can barely process fast enough. "You may call me whatever you wish, child." She beams at him, her head moving in a quick nod. Perhaps she would stick to the God of the Earth for now, but soon she may call him something else. Father, or something along the lines of that. He then proceeds to talk to the chestnut girl about her position. She does not doubt the fact that there have been many story tellers before her. Nor the fact that she could probably be replaced with lightning quick speed. He announces that she has been chosen for her potential, and the idea excites her. She really has potential? Never had she thought herself to have enough potential for a god to notice, but she was naiive and humble. She would miss a lot of things about herself were they not pointed out to her. "Yes, sir." She offers gently and lets her gaze fall on Midas. The conversation is focused on Midas, and this is when Drom decides to watch both Midas and the Earth God.

He is the Earth, the epitome of everything we live on. His wings brown like the soil under the plants, orbs that offer her the idea that he is wise, and rugged features telling her he has faced many years. His entire frame is large and bulky. He towers over her, more so than even Morir had. She had never witnessed such a big animal. His skeleton, along with being tall, was teeming with thick muscle. Midas was built with muscle, but was marginally smaller, though it didn't seem to bother him. Her shortness did not bother her a bit. No one had really made her care about height. Was it necessary to be humongous to be content? No. Midas was a different color than the bay god. The stallion was painted gold, white, and black, three colors that complimented each other exceptionally. His eyes were honey and lively, something she had noticed when they first met.

The ground begins to shake, and she is ripped from her thoughts. The trembling earth that was usually still had given her quite a shock. A moment after the trembling Earth quieted, the Earth said, " but acting upon ignorance is even worse than acting upon fear." The words stung, but Midas accepted them and after the god finished, Midas asked to speak with a Basin filly. Drom would gladly accompany him, but she wasn't sure if he wanted that. If asked, she would accept. She'd wanted to visit the other herds, but would not go alone. She would be content to stay here and help look after the herd while Midas was off. Where is Seele? The mare had been briefly mentioned in passing a while ago, but the leader had not yet been spotted. Had she left? Why couldn't the chestnut find her? Too many questions, too much going on. She continues to think, their conversation carried on as she wondered about the herd and it's mysteries.
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

From dust to dust

Some of his anger wanes as Midas accepts his words humbly. He knew that he would of course, Midas was one both to not argue with the God, but also to listen and understand the meaning of his words. Still, the God was rather annoyed and perplexed that such a conversation needed to occur in the first place. Was Midas bothered by something? Was his arrangement with Seele crumbling? Snorting, he pushed these ideas from his mind. Whatever else weighed on the paint, he was a leader first. An ambassador of the Earth.

"Her name is Mirabella." The God offered, his voice slightly softer though sounding strained and weary. "I would approach the Basin with respect - both of their borders and their customs. Do not cross into their lands uninvited. But should you wish to make amends, I would start with her. Perhaps a mare called Lena could be of service in that regard.."

Turning from the Gallant, the God's weary gaze fell lastly upon Drom. Such a pretty thing. He was pleased that she had taken the time to listen, and hopefully absorb the lesson he had tried to impart upon Midas. "Be well Drom. I shall be here if you call."

A gentle breeze began to blow the God away - literally. Bits of his mane and tail fell in clumps of dirt upon the ground. His feathers became pine cones, and his body dissipated into a flurry of leaves.

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
Drom was quiet and I was thankful for her silence. A witness to this embarrassment, to my own folly. Evidence that I wasn’t an immortal soul with all the wisdom of this world – nay, but mortal. A creature who made mistakes. There were those in the past who held me in such high regard, I feared their wraith and disappointment should such expectations fall short.

Earth granted me permission to right some of the wrong that occurred this day and even gave name to the filly I’d requested. “Merciful one.” I whispered, crown still low. He was a father above all else and knew that I wouldn’t soon forget this meeting – nor its teaching. I’d never given thought to approach the Basin before now. Honestly the mere idea of stepping into their land made my gut feel sick inside.

How many of my kinfolk had met their end in the valley of permafrost? “Forgiveness.” That word was a whisper in my heart; I shut eyes, trying vainly to grasp at the invisible tethers he so naturally seemed capable of holding. Yar, I was like a small child in this. Staring with shinning eyes into a puzzle work of impossible. Unable to see clearly what the adults already knew.

I had promised to try and I’d make good on that commitment. Lena. I’d start by tracking her, the name was familiar to me. Hopefully by the time I’d found Mirabella…forgiveness would bloom for us both and healing words would come more easily.

Cover me with a sheet
Image Credit