the Rift

[OPEN] No more need for the old empire; [ Welcoming ]

Beloved Posts: 121
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 8.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: Appears 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Orphan :: Ragdoll Cat :: None Bunnie
beloved
The cold, it weighed heavier the further she went, oppressive and omnipotent; it nips at her extremities and draws a scowl over her usual insane smirks and giggles. Sialia is behind her, left at the foot of the winding path, perhaps having taken note of the way the pale mare seems to snarl and become more hostile with each step northward, each additional drop in degree; it was probably wise to leave the irritably frigid bitch to discover the valley on her own and surrounded by more than just one.

The mountains match her, at least, her pale coat and dark markings blending her in with the snowy stone and allowing a the briefest of pleasures to be drawn from being nearly invisible to eyes that saw only black and white. Setting herself to a slower pace that sneaks and crawls in the shadow of the high afternoon, the wench displaces the idea of cold behind her delusions of grandeur and sadistic grace, tiny white ears pinned atop her delicate crown as nostrils curve and inhale the stench of the snow people.

The dark mare had said they were only unicorns here, on the way – aside from one runt that the Lady kept.

It makes her think of the burned land behind her, the place that is no more. A giggle ripples out into the silence of the doorway as she finds her path at an end, a narrow stone walkway saddling her sides as she peers into a large and covert vale that must be the Basin; such old ideals clinging to the minds of mortals, still. She had never cared for the petty arguments over heritage and birthright, cared very little for purity or pride in one’s bloodline.

But she did like the hints of violence that came with such thoughts. Isilme had been wrought with death and blood, ample opportunities for the more wicked of heart to satiate their gruesome desires; if only Oblivion had lived, she giggles again, if only he could see that it was just as cruel here as anywhere.

That he had been right, to see them as only blood and flesh, born to be bled and broken; it was how they treated themselves.

The massive metal structure captures her within a step, her pause of motion shared with a heady stare that gleams and flickers in her rampant curiosity and lust for the strength such a thing must have. Does he move? He wears gears and joints like he must, and what a cacophony of splendor that must be! Her giggles are endless, ricocheting off of one another as she draws closer to one massive hoof, stands diminutive beneath the great shadow cast by the bronze figure.

He could smash her into nothingness, and it is beautiful.

Suddenly filled with an eagerness to meet the machinists who created such a colossus (or at least held custody of it), she dances back around to look out into the wide valley, the quiet stillness of the lake in the distance and the stench of their sweat and blood reaching her curved nostrils like ambrosia. A cry breaks her lips, slight and feminine, delicate and luring.

The cold can be forgiven. It is time to meet the one who rules the beast behind her.

die like God, on the cover of time
Image Credit
Tag Beloved, please!

Feel free to attack her with physical or magical violence at your own risk. ;D

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

I was bringing someone home. Not a man to meet my parents. In my mind my parents where already dead. No, it was a unicorn. Insane, was she? I believe so. There was no way that she wasn't, giggling in the eery way that she does. Her name was Beloved.

I followed her, giving my directions from behind. I wanted to keep an eye on the mare. I didn't entirely trust her. I also spoke of the Basin with her, telling her of our Unicorn only rule, and of the Lady Illynx, and his Lord Deimos. My words where far more fond of the lady, however. Deimos in my opinion was just a dick.

But I wouldn't tell anyone that. Opinions where meant to be kept to the owner of them. Not spread around in the open to gossip about. So, I spoke well of Deimos also. But not as warmly. I liked the Lady much more. My alliances lied with her.

I suppose as we get closer, it gets colder. I have stopped noticing. It feels good to me. I missed the cold reaches of the north. I am sure Beloved notices, new comers always do. I know I did. But I didn't dislike the cold. I loved it, even then.

Soon we arrive at the entrance of the Basin, and Beloved catches sight of the two warriors who protect our realm. Impressive they where. I smile at them, then look to the white and black mare. She dances around them, before entering the basin. I follow at my own pace, looking carefully at the twin protectors. Just as I enter, I hear her shrill neigh. I watch her, moving closer. I am beside her now, and I halt. My gated and locked eyes move over the mare, before looking out over the Basin. "Lord Deimos! I bring you a gift!" My voice is loud, and it echoes around the basin. He would come in time.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Beloved] @[Deimos] @[Ulrik]
Words;;
Notes;; I just want to make note that Sia doesn't know about Illynx's adopted child :D Sia has not been to any of the meetings or anything. As far she she knows Illynx only has Rikyn :3 I'm also gonna tag Ulrik because he made the Sentinel.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Wicked and depraved, seeking desecration in the hints, in the show, of absolution, wandering death flocked to the autumn hillsides, the icy pathways, the promising apertures of shadowed parlors and eldritch abominations; an eternal fixture of waiting, of patience, of infernal glory and the tides of power. Where he reigned, the earth quaked, where he maneuvered, the lands shuddered, and where he pieced, stitched, together the seams of machinations, of calculations, the realm swindled, stole, and absconded beside him. The Reaper, tied and woven by the devil’s own tenacious hands, lingered in the stature of conquest, in the palisades of victory, but couldn’t obtain any for his own harem, naught but the tender resignation of survival as they plunged and deluded from pestilence, as they remained frozen, bestial shades in the snow, as they positioned themselves in flights and fallacies of repose. He clenched his jaw and thought of turbulence, of war, of ichor and swords, of activity relished and sanctioned by hellish barbarians, when peace was struck with heady blows and the dais of his favored pastime was brought back to life: but now, he was left to bid his angles, reset his clock, devour and consume the listless swings of time. The moments were spent winding his way through the borders, the fringes, brewing destruction and calamity from the whirlwind delusions of tranquility and awe, relishing unholy tempests, brandishing and brewing the innermost desires of an abhorrent mind, eternally two steps away from unfurling, unveiling, unraveling acrimony. Faith in his power, conviction in his prowess, credence in the demonic ministrations of his supremacist vows brought the cruel, callous distortions of their supreme world to life, and with one passing summons, a call to his arms, another storm, another force, another tempest, was brought into their regions. The Lord of the winter world followed suit, a methodical pace, a Machiavellian mind, a ferocious air swarming over the vicious winds and chilling air; matching its void, its containments, with the reticent pinnacles of his ever-reaching soul – blood will have blood.

They stand near the sentinel, stark forms against the mountain backdrop, Sialia, the seemingly loyal soldier with bands of blue and unknown snippets of nefarious qualities (all of them had some poison within this carved bit of avaricious plumes; one had to contain venom and vitriol to survive the monstrous ramparts, the heathen beacons), and another mare, foreign to his penetrating gaze, blending into the scenic gallows, white on white, the offering presented to him over the Orangemoon horizon. His approach was made on silent gestures and haunting strides, a plague, a daunting, intimidating force of nature, walking death, a crusading scythe, plunging and enlightening the world with his conjured presence. The beast, the demon, the barbarian, extended one slip of his skull towards Sialia, hushed and grateful she’d brought something, hopefully of merit and value, from the iron gates and padlocked Threshold, then slid his piercing, infidel, cold stare over to the femme. He had every intention of measuring her worth, her strength, her perseverance and resolution to their kingdom, to their pinnacles, to their peaks and valleys. But first, he had to play the social game, one he’d never cherished or delighted within (the games and laments of conflict and combat were far more entertaining), eclipsing the hollowed sphere with a curt accord of his vocals. “Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” He paused, searching the outline of her smaller form for a spark, for a sign, of indulgent decadence and nurtured rancor instead of the warped, flailing giggles bounding off the sections of ash and smoke, a reason for her search to end there, amongst the brooding, scathing forces. “Who are you?”

beloved
A gift?

Where was the gift?

Surely she hadn’t totally missed the mare toting a package up the path behind her? Sure, she had forgotten she was there entirely, swept away by the clandestine walkway and the towering behemoths in bronze, but there was nothing at the mare’s hooves that could be called such a thing.

Narrow, her eyes search for the metaphor at the hooves of the tricolored unicorn, nostrils thin and seeking the air for the scent of something other than their bodies, and the ones that lied within the land itself.

Was she the gift?

Her eyes become hard slits, a frown gracing her face she pivots back towards the land for this Lord Deimos. He’d see how much of a gift she was when she ripped his filthy limbs off for daring to touch her, when she slit the belly of the wench who had tricked her up here to be pawned off like some penny whore and supped on her blood.

He is a dark figure on the horizon, a moving beast of obsidian and rancor, and she watches his approach with ears pinned and lungs drawing deep, prepared breaths. She is no toy, no object to be handed from palm to palm an eventually broken and discarded, and that she has been titled a gift to her damned face makes her seethe inwardly, her ivory pelt a smooth caricature of innocence and collected wrath that belies the true maelstrom that flashes and churns within her core.

But when the Lord comes, he does not sweep upon her like a captor, a possessive beast, her stance too fierce or the brute too wise to attempt to chain her. An ear rises from its downward posture to catch his inquiry, the repetition of the names that Sialia summoned the devil with, and she drinks in the gentle roar that is his voice, the solemn clarity of words not often pressed through the thick, cold ice that guards his soul.

Who is this one, this man of death and shadow, he who stands bold and colder than the snows which frame him? She draws heavily from the cold, autumnal air his smell, the smell of pine and frost and dismay.

Perhaps he has not attempted to own her for they are kindred in more ways than the obvious spirals adorning their brows. A snort breaks her tension into pieces, her sweet and cherubic vocals sliding forth with more ease and respect than had been given to the mare that had brought her here. "We are Beloved," she croons, arcing her neck and sweeping her nose low and nearer to the malevolent ebony brute as a giggle ruptures the girly pitch of her words, drawn to his darkness as all wicked things are drawn to one another (at least before the blood was let fly), "does it suit you?"

Image Credit
Tag Beloved, please!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

He is black against the icy cold white mountains. Though black, be blends in. Like a dark rock in mountains of snow. Except he moves. The dark figure moves with a rugged grace that speaks confidence, and darkness. Except this black figure isn't black. He is gray. A chuckle erupts from the depths of my chest. Black, Gray, White. The combination is all to amusing.

And so is Beloved's face. She seems confused for a moment, as to what the gift was. But she was a smart girl, Though insane. It finally dawned on her as the gray bodied lord approached, And her ears flew back in unison. I received a lovely look from the white lady for that one. Instead of fear, a smile plastered my face.

Then he had officially arrived. My eyes turn to him, and I return to my stony barricade. His question is simple. No dancing around the bush. But it is always the same question. Who are you? The words are harsh, demanding, full of authority. And the crazy white fae responds. "We are Beloved," Her neck arches as she croons to him, maw reaching for the mass of darkness. I shiver slightly. "does it suit you?" She is so eery. So corrupt. Maybe I shouldn't have brought her after all.

But my eyes return to the dark face of Deimos, trying to read his features. Would she suit him? Some small part of me wished she wouldn't and that he would throw her out with a cold shoulder, and kick to the rump to boot. But then I may be in trouble for bringing in the rif raf. So, in many ways I hoped he approved. Being in a herd required a lot of ass kissing and approval.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Deimos] @[Beloved]
Words;; 301 words
Notes;; Sorry this took so long! D:

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The sweeping arches of damnation slinked and crawled amongst the slithering catacombs; an infernal, noxious essence, the pouring of ailments, the scouring of afflictions, and he knew it all too well, infused with the same all-pervading toxins. The world was filled with them: brooding, malicious, abhorrent creatures pausing and swirling around the irreverent beat, the seditious crescendo, the heathen raptures and infidel turns, destined to maul, to destroy, to seize and seethe. The cackling witch, with her spells and invocations, with wicked incantations and cataclysmic intentions, had somehow tempted the gallows, spun Sialia into invitations, and sullied the tempestuous air with her zealous bombardments - we (more than one not in body, but apparently in mind), not even of a perfectly sane skull, set forth to air destruction and terror. For a few moments, he simply stared, set the reticent, penetrating stare upon both femmes and pondered over the nuances and sentiments brewing amongst the infiltrating figures: if Sialia had been beguiled into the fall and ruin of Beloved, and if Beloved could wreak havoc, not upon their own fellow demons, but the inept, the weak, the foolish, and the ignorant. Was she to be a warmonger, hackles raised and enticed to gore, shredding the world, the realms, the empires, blow by blow, bite by bite, or an uncontrolled blight one would eventually have to put to rest as they turned to feed upon their comrades? Does it suit you? Which was the more appealing: the notion of opposition slain and fallen, bones bleached, ichor spread, bedlam shrieking and beckoning its wild constituents? Or the rampaging violence of another, suddenly wasted upon their own flesh and blood, the divine, the sword-ed? He gave no finite answer, Machiavellian interludes already painting portraits and exhibitions of horror, of malice, of menace burning the gauntlets of the witless, drumming deep tones into the borders’ high arches and tainted apertures. “Perhaps.” He didn’t shirk, he didn’t flee (for it was not in his nature – an unyielding foe from the arts of desecration) from her closer proximity, for the more she drew towards him, the more she’d feel the overwhelming fumes of death and demise. A portion of him was drawn into the flames of her potential, into the snares and pitfalls, eager to give rise to one more beast who promised condemnation and Tartarean regime, but he queried, inquired, questioned, the fae as if he couldn’t surmise her potential. “What are your talents?” The Lord, the Reaper, son of embers and stone, yearned to hear what she could truly concoct, inspire; if one more searing surge, if one more ravaging doom, could be executed and plucked from the edges of their meeting.

beloved
The other one watches, silent and with eyes that flick from feature to feature, and Beloved gleams, she excells, she brings to light all that has withstood the life that pressed dirty, hard fingers into her flesh and struggled to bring her to her knees and failed.

Can you see her, mommy? Do you know where your Beloved stands now, are you proud? Did she become everything you wanted her to be?

The Reaper sees her, even if mommy doesn’t. Mommy can’t see anyway. We killed her, we took her life and drank deep from the well of her soul and have never looked back since, and look where we have come. The fall of empires left Beloved unscathed, more corrupt and pristine than she had been before the decay of Isilme, and now she has ridden the frigid crests of stone and ice to stand before giants and men of obsidian, flesh and heart, as she once did in Isilme, too.

Oh, land of unicorns of snow and frightened little mares in forests dark and brittle, will you burn too?

Beloved will send your imagery to the heavens as she has the rest, rivulets of smoke drifting to the waiting figure of the damned being who gave her life, who handed her the flame that smolders inside, the reaches and licks outwards as the man she has to appease this afternoon stares upon her flesh that twitches and writhes incessantly.

She is beautiful, and he will see it. To turn her away will be unfortunate, sorrowful even – bone face saw her, with his heart full of wickedness, and this man is more beautiful than he had been, without a flaw but the blue stains that marked his darkness, the hollow way he looked upon her haunting and filling her with a desperate need to have him watch her longer.

And she is mad, swallowing his words and turning them about in her head until she tastes each syllable, until they are to her liking. Her talents? She had thousands. They rush at her in myriad voices loud, soft, mumbled, precise, they sing and yip in the caverns of her mind, and with a swooning sigh she eases into elated, gentle laughter that whispers through the snow.

"Writer of death songs, an angel of war, sweet as rain amidst a wildfire," she utters between the rolling tides of her giggles, her delight at being asked of what she does, "beautiful and wicked as the snow about your hooves. Taker of hearts, smashing them apart, cruel fox with a mouth of blood, a benevolent kiss of escape. I have followed men savage and men just, and none have outlived me."

Her laughter suddenly stills, a smile exposing the pale pink of her gums as her eyes nearly roll into the back of her skull in the rattling breath that takes her at the grace of her verbal portrait, the splendor of her skills spread wide as cards of fate across a black tapestry. "You will have need of me," she nearly sings, "you will have love. They all do."

Image Credit
Tag Beloved, please!