the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Precious Ball of Earth [God of the Earth, Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Apollo had done a lot since his time living in Helovia, but taking a lovely 'flight' upon a cloud was, perhaps, the strangest thing he had ever done. Had he and Midas stumbled upon a batch of glowing, hallucinogenic mushrooms and decided for an afternoon snack before arriving at the Veins of the Gods? Was he high? Had he fallen somewhere and smacked his head into the ground? Was he dreaming?

"... Am I dreaming?" That was, perhaps, the best question he could even think about asking, the stallion's tone confused and terribly incredulous. "... Did I die?" Because, honestly, Apollo had oftentimes wondered what heaven had looked like... And his mind had always substituted an image in his mind that looked quite like the floating island he had found himself upon at that very moment.

Green, lush, vibrant grass that nearly glowed with thriving beauty, pink petals floating through the air and a soft, gentle, soothing breeze tickling along his monochromatic hide... This place was almost dreamlike. Heavenly, if you would. Peaceful...

Despite the bout of terror that the Merciful had experienced upon the, er... The flight to this floating mass of rock from the Veins of the Gods, he couldn't help but be swarmed with an overwhelming sense of peace now that his hooves stood nestled within the soft strands of grass. The stallion's ears swiveled forward, listening from his stationary position, soaking in the sounds of the majestic waterfalls and the sound of the trees swaying in the wind. It was a litany to his ears, a beautiful song that only surely few could understand... No lyrics were needed for Apollo to understand the words being sung by the very earth around them. It was a song of peace, of beauty... Of life.

Releasing a slow, long breath, Apollo's honey-brown orbs lingered upon the scene of beauty before them and then searched for his golden-winged brother, who had been by his very side during their journey to the Veins of the Gods. "Midas... Have you ever been here? To this amazing place? I... I hadn't even been aware such a heaven existed in Helovia."

@[Midas] @[God of the Earth]

[ooc: Apollo is cashing in on his quest from HERE.
Thread 1
Thread 2
And briefly discussed with Resplendence in THIS thread. Also, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tag the Gods or not. :/]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
On the way to the veins our path ran into the floating island; its daunting shadow covered a good portion of yon land beneath. Waterfalls coursed down randomly on various sides, gaze instinctively shifted high. One never seemed to get used to the visual appearance and mythical lure of this place. Fina called out, her pitched vocals stretching past the sky.

Apollo hadn’t ever seen the island before. His wide childlike gaze brought a smile to my lips when I glanced over; as we drew near sun tipped wings spread apart, gliding with silky smoothness from the barrel which kept them – shifting to catch the wind. A sturdy cloud of moisture formed beneath the flints of my friend. Said lad didn’t shout or twist (as some often did,) instead he seemed glazed by all this. Obviously there was confusion and bewilderment. Though there was also an unyielding sense of trust.

Thumping sunlit appendages beat a steady path, I rose with him, following, gliding on thermals that seemed to never cease their flow. “Ye still lives,” I said, chuckling richly as his befuddled words spilled forth.

The landscape opened and said cloud disappeared the moment Apollo had solid earth beneath feet. Skillfully I pulled up beside him, falling forward and shutting feathers from the unyielding breeze. For a moment neither of us said anything. The beauty of this place was indeed heavenly and there was a sense of almost pure peace. I glanced over at him, ears swiveling – watching with great amusement as his bemused features turned to one of enjoyment. Finally, he spoke up with a question directed at me, “Aye,” a boyish and playful grin lightened the corners of my face, “I’ve been here; the clans have gathered in yon tents further across the valley.” Fina glided overhead.
Hey brother, there’s an endless road to re-discover.

CREDIT GOES HERE
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

"It's quite something, is it not?" The Earth's voice rumbled smoothly across the plain, like water rushing down the riverbed. His rustic form appeared out of nowhere - as if this cloudy paradise wished for nothing more than to bloom the God into existence - Vines rose from the ground wrapping around invisible limbs, as grasses stirred and wove, creating large feathered hooves. Tree bark fell from muscled shoulders, and a few clumps of dirt dropped gently from his darkened wings.

His gaze settled upon the two warmly. The former leader of the no-longer Foothills, and the current leader of the Hidden Falls. He was glad that the two got along, not that he harbored doubt that animosity would break them apart, but even so, things did have a way of happening... The God was glad to see that they hadn't.

"Apollo. It is good to see you again." He greeted warmly, nodding his horned head towards the unicorn. "And you as well Midas. It nice of you to accompany Apollo here - reassure him that he isn't dead, and all that." The God chuckled warmly at this, swishing his dark tail.
"I sense that your questing has come to an end. This is good. Tell me child, what have you learned? Are you ready for the responsibility of tethering your life to another?"

Midas' confirmation, or, explanation to the fact that he had not, in fact, died came as an immense relief, and Apollo felt himself deflating with the nervous breaths he had sucked into his gullet. His breath whooshed! out of the overo's nostrils in one large, relieved sigh, but the perpetual, boyish grin was quick to replace itself upon the horned stag's dark lips. So, he wasn't dead. Good! It meant more life for him.

As the golden-tipped form of his winged brother settled at his side, Apollo spared the gentle-hearted Czar a brief glance and a warm, jovial smile. The Merciful was glad that out of all of the souls that he knew, that Midas was the one to discover this place with him... Or, well. To be with him when he discovered it, anyway. From the words the flowed smoothly, and reassuringly, might he add, from Midas' lips, it seemed that the winged stallion had been here before.

"Oh..." Apollo murmured in understanding, slowly nodding his crystalline jeweled head once as though to further demonstrate it. Nothing else could leave his throat, however, as it became blatantly obvious that they were no longer alone, and as the magnificent form of the God of the Earth suddenly showed himself before them, the Merciful nearly startled.

"F-Father Earth!" The overo called happily, the same boyish grin spreading further upon his lips and the warm, honey-brown orbs of his eyes brightening like a colt receiving a gift. Oh, how wondrous! It had been a long, long time since Apollo had crossed path with his patron God, his most revered God, and as the God of the Earth began to speak and greet both he and Midas, a feeling of doubt slowly began to wriggle its ugly head within the Merciful's breast.

Was the Earthen God disappointed in Apollo's failure as a Chief? The monochromatic stallion himself had come to terms with his failures, of his past transgressions and had moved past them, but doubt was an repulsive, uncontrollable thing, and could show up much like an unwanted guest. The feeling, however, was quick to dissipate at the God of the Earth's gentle words and placid expression. He wasn't disappointed. Or so Apollo hoped.

"It's... It's very good to see you again as well, my Lord," Apollo murmured reverently, his mind catching back up to his body. The stallion dipped his horned head in a low, downwards arc in a form of a bow, gazing upwards towards the mighty Being before him beneath the fringe of an ebony forelock. "This place is beautiful. I... I don't believe I've ever stepped foot in such an atmosphere of tranquility."

Glancing to Midas, Apollo's boyish grin softened into a sheepish, genuine smile. Had he been capable of blushing, red flush would be quick to cross the high arches of the stallion's cheeks in a brief flare of embarrassment. He wondered if the God of the Earth knew of their close kinship formed by journeys and trials, and immediately knew that the God did know. He was a God!

"Yes, Father Earth... I... I've sought out others as per your instructions. Midas was one of those that I sought council with, and... I believe that I've learned what you intended for me to discover." The Merciful swallowed and paused, swirling his tongue about in his closed mouth as he collected the words that he intended to say. Hopefully the Earth God would deem him worthy of such a precious, special gift.

"I've learned a lot that I didn't know before. A bond is something precious, something sacred. Perhaps even to the point that the word 'bond' is far too pale to explain it. I've learned that... That a companion can feel what you feel; happiness, sadness, pain, anger, passion... That, spurred by such a precious intimacy with your companion, you would fight to protect it, to cherish it. Your breath becomes its breath, your eyes become theirs, and your hearts beat as one." It was so hard to describe something that he didn't know... But he hoped that his words were satisfactory. Briefly Apollo's gaze flicked upwards to where Fina flew overhead, and he sucked in a sharp breath in an effort to gain confidence.

"It isn't as much of a 'bond', per se, as a merging of souls; everything that you are no longer matters, because no longer are you one, but two. One can love a friend, a mate, a mother, father, or brother and sister. One can love a herdmate, perhaps even an item, and one can love and revere even Gods... But no sort of love can compare to the intimacy shared between a companion and a mortal. That's... That's what I have learned, Father Earth."

@[God of the Earth] @[Midas]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Earth appeared, I felt his presence and instantly dropped gaze. Ebony chin fell forward to gently tap the amber gem imbedded in collar. It wasn’t until he regarded me by name that my eyes rose, warm and light to meet his smile and laugh with a mimicking and genuine beam. “Father,” I murmured softly, affectionately, intimately. One vibrant eye angled toward Apollo, amusement fluttering alive in features and sparking a brilliant fire within honeyed pools – yar, we wouldn’t have to travel to his alter after all.

They conversed and Apollo rehashed what knowledge had been recently gathered– the wisdom he obtained from conversing with those of us who had already become bonded. I lapsed into a passive silence, simply taking pleasure from being part of this special moment with a dear friend. No doubt my adorned brother was nervous, though there was little worry in my mind that Earth would be displeased with the understanding gained from long months of wandering. Fina glided down, alighting across my spine, talons shuffling across flesh.

I believed that if there was a mortal on this planet worthy of a spirit guide, deserving of a soul bond. It was him. Apollo’s heart was pure, more so than mine. But yar, it wasn’t my decision – nor would it ever be. For I didn’t know the secrets which he sheltered behind walls; our kinmanship had been born from a likeness of spirit and battle. We’d fought and shed blood together, an action that wove tight knots in the fabric of a soul.

CREDIT GOES HERE

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God is pleased by all that the paint has to say. Still... Knowing and understanding the complexities of a bond is one thing. Hearing the words from the voices of others compares to feeling the pull of that specific bond upon your heart. Knowing in some sense, is not complete until you have experienced it yourself.

Smiling, the God rumbled slightly as he drew his head towards his left wing. Nudging something gently into the fold of his feathers, the God curled his wing into a scoop shape, before pulling it from his side. Bits of rock and bark fell as his feathers widened and stretched from his rustic frame. There, nestled gently within his feathers, was a small egg. The God smiled radiantly, as he extended the egg towards Apollo. He winked towards Midas, wondering if the Gallant would remember when Fina took such a form. Would his painted wingless-counterpart be excited until the time the creature hatched? Or impatient to begin their journey together? Possibly a bit of both.

"You have learned all I could have asked of you Apollo. But now comes the trust test. I wish you well."

As the Egg was taken from him, the God began to hum softly. Around him, the ground began to swell, enveloping his form until only a few sticks and pine-cones remained.

It was hard to tell if the God of the Earth would be satisfied with his answer. Apollo had spent quite a number of seasons venturing across Helovia, from the fallen land of the Windtossed Foothills, to the deep, shadowed Forests, learning what he could about the precious bond between two entwined souls. Honey-brown orbs watched as the Earthen Father's lips upturned in a smile, seeming to be truly pleased with the answer that Apollo had given, and that caused the pressure of nervousness to recede upon the overo stallion's chest. It felt as though he could breathe again.

With a look akin to awe spreading upon the Merciful's features, he watched as the imposing figure that was the God of the Earth produced a small egg from the very fibers of his own body and offered it towards the monochromatic stag. A feeling of trepidation increased his heartrate as Apollo realized that this was it. This was what he had been working towards, this moment, this act of receiving such a special, precious gift...

Hesitantly Apollo approached, curious eyes darting from the impressive form before them to the tender, delicate, helpless egg that was nestled in a roost of loving feathers. Cautiously he reached out and took the egg from the God, nuzzling the egg almost reverently with his velveteen muzzle. Briefly Apollo wondered how in the world he'd even manage to transport the egg... Maybe he'd stay upon this floating Heaven until the creature, whatever it may be that lay nestled within the confines of the Egg, hatched and greeted the world. Then, maybe, he'd venture wherever the wind took him... Perhaps he'd finally venture towards the Edge.

"Thank you, Father Earth," Apollo whispered reverently, dipping his jeweled crown forward in a humbled act of gratitude. "I... Cannot explain how thankful I am for this opportunity. I won't let you down." Especially with this.

As the God of the Earth began to hum and soon vanished before their very eyes, Apollo released a breath, his eyes dropping from the sparse pine-cones and sticks to the egg sitting innocently at his hooves. "... Thank you, Midas," he commented, honey-brown eyes darting towards his winged brother, "For accompanying me. For helping me. I can't thank you enough... Now, I must figure out how to care for it." The stallion smiled and chuckled warmly, feeling rejuvenated in ways that he couldn't explain. "Perhaps I'll remain up here, so that it will be safe until it hatches."

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
An egg. Fragile and precious, sheltering a special soul. Fina chirped, tilting crown to one side to gaze at the shell. My smile grew tender, gaze softened and I was brought back to a time that was many seasons ago – the day I found Fina and the wind and earth sang of our union. We’d met on a cliff, not unlike this one. Those memories were warm in my heart and only sweetened as Apollo accepted the egg and began the process of sealing a knot that would stand the test of time, distance and hardship.

Earth said his farewell, I met his wink with a bright smile and respectful nod. Wordlessly the god departed from us, his physical frame vanishing but a familiar sense of his presence ever surrounding. Apollo turned to me, giving thanks were none was needed. There was laughter in my eyes when I reached out to brush his shoulder affectionately, “In time it will hatch. Though ye might need a better way to carry it aside from rolling it across the turf.”

Memory reminded me that back when Fina was an egg I’d fashioned a crude cradle, with a handle lashed around the base and topmost portion. “Perhaps we can build something for ye to use?” Gathering my magic I called upon small trace amounts of iron below us and urged my sand to the surface. “If ye will help me gather twigs and soft things I’ll aid thee in the creation of something to carry this egg.”

CREDIT GOES HERE

Midas, Gods bless him, made a brilliant suggestion when it came to how he would transport the tiny bundle that had suddenly been entrusted into his care. Apollo listened with rapt attention as his winged brother spoke, detailing the idea of forming a makeshift carrier for the egg for easier transport. Rolling it across the turf, as the Gallant had called it, could be potentially dangerous for whatever creature slumbered inside, and the last thing that Apollo wished to do was accidently bring harm to the life that the God of the Earth had bestowed him with.

A smile pulled at the Merciful's lips. "Brilliant," he spoke up, honey-brown eyes filled with nothing but jovial wonder and excitement as Midas summoned forces known only to him to pull earth on top of each other, coaxing sand to crawl atop of soil. "Wonderful idea, brother-mine. I'd loathe if something happened and I was unable to move it..." As safe as this floating heaven seemed to be, Apollo wasn't keen on the idea of something terrible, no matter what it may be, to befall them, and for him to lack the capabilities of moving the egg to a a safe place.

"I'll help. There's vegetation a plenty up here... I'm sure that between the two of us, we can find something." With that, the horned overo nuzzled the egg briefly with his muzzle before dropping his head and set about searching for some twigs of varying sizes and lush grasses. Lipping up a few twigs upon finding them nestled within the grasses, Apollo would bring them back to lay beside the egg before going out in search of other materials to take advantage of. Over the course of the next couple of minutes, the stallion returned with long grasses, small sheets of moss, and twigs of differing sizes. Amber orbs looked wondrously towards Midas, a broad, boyish grin pulling his maw upwards. Unknown to even him, Apollo was practically wriggling in his spot with excitement, much like a boisterous puppy.

"Will this do, brother?"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Apollo was pleased with my idea. It would be tragic indeed for something to befall the egg before its birth. I smiled wistfully, happy to be of service to him. While my brother set off to find lining and various other building materials. I fixed mind to the task of pulling out flecks of pure iron; which would be molded to form a handle on the basket I’d already begun to envision. He returned with sticks of various length, I took each in turn and with the help of sand started to weave them together carefully, slowly.

A bowl formed soon after, around the corners I melted warm iron to make the structure stronger and water tight. He brought other things and asked if it was enough, crown nodded but eyes remained fixed upon the task, “Aye.” Gently I placed a few layers of soft grasses and moss at the bottom. At the top I formed a handle, also made of iron and curved low so Apollo would be able to grasp it in his jaws easily. The basket was crude, not the most attractive work I’ve ever created. But this would serve its purpose all the same.
Carefully I picked up the egg and set it gently in the basket. My golden granules fell away and what iron couldn’t be used shifted back into earth and down to the core I’d summoned it from. “Finished,” I breathed, viewing the egg and my work with a smile, “Will this suit ye?”

CREDIT GOES HERE