the Rift

[OPEN] A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship.

Angiogram Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Angiogram

It's cold, the world. And I learned this at a young age, an innocent age. Celia has destroyed all hopes for an innocent life. A sweet life, she had sold my freedom to a herd that later attacked me. Their abuse had left me scarred, and taken the chance of ever having a child. I think that was what hurt me the most in life, seeing couples with their children. So happy and blind to my own pain. But here, in what I learned was a land called Helovia I had a hope for things to be different. The stallion Ciceron had offered me a home, and though I normally approached offers from others(specifically stallions) with an unsavoury choice of words. But the idea of a home where I might find sanctuary, return to a peace that I knew my father had wanted for me, was what made the final decision. And I won't lie, the cat Kiara fascinated me enough to help with the choice in the end. But here I was, standing in some unknown place. I didn't know this land well enough to have just wandered off, and yet that's what I did. I guess you could say the idea of meeting others is what finally gave me the decision to wander away. I haven't ever met anyone other than Ciceron and already I could imagine the enemies I would make few acquaintances and most likely more enemies than I need. And these thoughts brought on a sudden question to my lips
Who exactly is in charge?

Talking
Tags @[Midas] @[Ciceron] This is also open for other Hidden Falls members and I'm so sorry this is a horrible fail q.q

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Traversing her own herd land appears to have become habit for the bird despite her discomfort around those residing in it. Yet unlike the others who have all found their way here, the Aztec has found that disinterest in the herd's affairs has proven to be quite rewarding. Despite her lack of emotional ties to the misty land, her ambitions to gain physical ones are as strong as ever. The beautiful bird craves a niche where her skill will be admired and her word respected, and so far, her lack of friends has not stopped her. She's worked with others before -- the pained look that scarcely leaves her is a reminder of that occurrence, where she was nearly boiled to death fighting a large lizard -- but in truth, the bird preferred solitude. Perhaps a change in perspective is in order here.

In search of just that, the brightly-plumed creature limps closer to the constant buzz that marks her home. Not even the roar of the falls can drown out the noise of endless conversation this deep in her territory. Blue ears flicker forwards and backwards until finally settling on the latter, allowing the pain that racks her body to choose for her. All that she wants to do is find a shaded spot to lie down, a healer to tend to her wounds, and a very, very long sleep. Unfortunately for the spy, however, she has duties to attend to. Informing Seele of the felled beast by the ocean is probably something that the aching bird should do.

But just as the exquisite creature goes forth in her torturous shuffle, a dappled stag and his quarry catch her eye. Her pain is momentarily forgotten as her suns take in their image, scarcely aware of the fact that it's rude to stare as they perform such a task. Stumbling upon the bare-headed mare comes as quite a surprise to her in truth; after her encounter with the God -- for a man who can wield that power is surely a God -- the unruly maiden had not expected for her jaw to drop a second time.

Just who is this hairless creature? Before the vixen has a chance to make use of her sharp tongue, the chocolate damsel forms a question. Obviously it is a question meant for the dappled stag who brought her here, but the peahen's urge to answer it herself is extraordinary. What's worse is that she yearns to satiate the girl's curiosity with, Me.

"Seele and Midas are the Czar and Czarina of this land, although not respectively." Suddenly feeling wicked, the Aztec flicks her feathers in delight. It is a slight of tongue meant to inform the newcomer of their true titles, but the irony of her misplaced words pleases the bird. Turning to the horned beast, she draws attention away from her cruel wordplay. "We've fought before." And you've ignored me. "I am Bellona." There, the scorched demon has been addressed.

Speaking to the girl now, she adds, "I am a spy for this land. Were you seeking one of our leaders? Or perhaps a healer?" The peahen -- who clearly lacks any manners -- is staring brusquely at her naked neck. It isn't natural for one to be without a mane, and although the warrior envies the fae for her lack of one, she cannot comprehend that her condition is due to birth and not some injury. It seems only right for her to suggest having her abnormality seen to. "I have to find one myself. Both a leader and a healer. It only makes sense to have me accompany you." Ever the opportunist, the vixen seeks to kill two birds with one stone.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

{Edit: She won the drop! She has the egg in her wing, even if I did not mention it here. Also tagging @[Reizend] to have her healed. I hope you don't mind. ^^;}
BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!