the Rift

We All Seek Something, but what?

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Kirah sighed. 'How much longer do I have to go?' she wondered. She lowered her head and trudged on, careful not to make any sounds on the dying leaves and sticks beneath her dainty hooves.

She stopped and raised her head. She had come across a small clearing, filled with sunshine. She flared her white nostrils, picking up thousands of scents. She snorted, uneasy without her sense of smell. She could not pick the scents from each other, no matter how hard she tried. Most were attached to horses, and strange creatures she has never smelt before.

She arched her neck and danced sideways, then turned in a circle. She sighed again. "I am completely lost," she mumbled under her breath. She had been wondering for days, hoping to come across something, anything really.

She dropped her head and started grazing delicately, her little muzzle wiggling around. She was rather tall, but built like a fairy. Tiny and delicate. But she was a bit stronger than she looked, you could see it by the muscles flexing in her rump and neck when she moved.

While grazing, she thought. She could not quite remember how she got here, or what had happened while she was walking. Heck, she didn't even know where she was! “I have bad memory,” she mumbled disapprovingly.
Hearing a twig snap nearby, Kirah threw up her head. Ears pricked, she stood perfectly still, studying the gloomy shadows. Nothing. She put her head back down and continued grazing.

Her ears twitched and turned, listening for strange sounds. 'I'll just have to wait'.

OCC: 'Wonderings/Thoughts'
"Speech"
Words: (264)

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Running around trying to amuse herself, Elsa wandered, again, into the threshold. The dying leaves or Orangemoon crunched loudly beneath her feet, throwing all her cares away. There was nothing, not even another stabbed out eyeball, that could take away her happiness now. She had thrown all of her eggs into the crazy basket named Oxy. Whether or not that was a good decision... well, that answer would have to wait, for now, might as well bring some freshies into the herd right?

It had been a long time since she had spoken with an outsider. Usually, she stuck carefully to the herd, crafting away to pass the time. But now, might as well make some new friends! I mean, look how good Drom was to her! She hummed happily to herself, before noticing a mare not far from herself. With a hop, skip and a jump (more like loudly walking), Elsa walked towards the mare with a goofy smile upon her face. "Hello there! Welcome to the threshold. I'm assuming your new here, no? My name is Elsa, Mason of the Falls." It was a quick, polite introduction. No need to go scaring newbies away now, right?

Getting a good look at the mare now, it was obvious she was quite the unique one. Horns protruded from her shoulder, but none from her face... did that make her a unicorn? She cocked her head to the side curiously, debating the race of this mare. She was a creamy bright color, like Elsa herself, with dark stripes hugging her barrel. How peculiar. Elsa almost wondered if a Basin member would let her in, for unicorns only had horns on their head... right?

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah threw her head up at a happy voice greeting her. She raised her head and pricked her ears. Nostrils flaring, she took in the mare's scent. "Hi!" She greeted, nose stretched forward. "I'm Kirah," she said, smiling slightly.

"If I may ask, what is the Falls?" she asked curiously. Her voice was sweet and girly, but there was something else to it, what exactly, Kirah herself was not even sure. Kirah now stood normally, neck slightly arched, the necklace around her neck slightly swinging from the recent movement. Kirah studied the mare.

Elsa was slightly bigger than Kirah herself, but the same white colour. Kirah guessed she was about the same age as well. The mare was quite beautiful, with big white wings stretching from her shoulders. She had a snowflake on her shoulders, different, but beautiful. She had a magnificent mane and tail, and her eyes were outstanding. A shocking, icy blue. Beautiful was an understatement.

Kirah pricked her ears to catch everything the mare said in her soft, pretty voice.

"Speech"
Tags;; @[Elsa]
Words;; 173
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

The shoulder-horned mare offer a nose, and Elsa reached out hers too, in a friendly greeting. Not many new comers were so... happy. Usually she was greeted unsure faces, and weary words. So, this was much more of a refreshing meeting. At least she didn't have to be afraid of getting jumped and beaten to death.

Luckily though, another had not come to crash the party, so she could peacefully talk without having to over exaggerate everything. That was usually the case, everyone competing for one more body. It was kind of a sickening concept, considering that no one really seemed to get to know who they were recruiting. It was like they were just another point up on the kissing-leaders butt scale. "The Falls is a herd, not far from here actually." She motioned to the north. "Just over there, not a long walk, which is nice. I'm not exactly the most active horse ever." She smiled but then proceeded to talk. "It's lush, used to be a mountainous region, but was leveled during a plague that in the past effected all of this land. It's now been eradicated, so don't worry!" She added the end quickly, to make sure the mare was at ease. There was, to her knowledge, no trace left, and with this new island ordeal, it seemed the gods would not allow it to happen. "If you need a place to stay, you're welcome to join me. Although, there everyone carries their weight, and you must choose a profession of sorts. You must become a sleuth, mason, warrior, wise one, or medic. Everyone has to enter like that. Lucky for you though, if you decide to go, I can initiate you right away, and you can start your job."

There was her little recruitment spiel. It was as quick as possible, and straight to the point. Maybe not everyone would like the idea of having to work right away, but that suited Elsa best. She was not the one to easily find her niche. "So where'd you come from anyways?" She asked out of pure curiosity.

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah swished her tail, panicking a little at the mare's fast pace. She soon relaxhed as she realised she did catch everything the mare said. She squinted a little as she tried to remember. "I'm not quite sure," Kirah said uneasily. "I just remember crossing the tree line, and then walking for a few days," She said at last. She stomped her hoof for no reason, but quickly regretted it, as the mare might take it as negative body language. Kirah snorted and hoped the mare would shake it off.

Kirah's nostrils flared as she took in the crisp, damn smell that had just come in with the breeze. 'Fall,' Kirah thought, although she was not sure what they called it here. "What season is it?" Kirah asked, hoping Elsa might reply with what they called it, and not simply 'fall'.

Kirah considered being in a herd. She had never been in one before. Would she adapt easily, or would she struggle? What if she got in everybody's way? Kirah had been alone most of her life, with brief contact with others now and then. She sighed as she remembered the pain of loneliness, and how it had eaten away at her. At some point, she had been sickly thin, struck by a random grief of being alone.

"Can you leave a herd once you joined, say to be off on your own?" Kirah asked. She was willing to try and learn from the experience. "And what is a sleuth and a warrior?" she added, those two jumping out at her.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Elsa]
Words;; 261
Notes;; Sorry if this is displaying weirdly, I don't know what's going on :(

Of course what she had said was overwhelming. I mean, basically anyone who walked in here was sucked into a life in Helovia. Not many people were able to escape again. She too, had no idea really how she wound up here. Elsa remembered her own journey, everything was so blurred. Elsa offered a small, understanding smile. She didn't even notice the stamping of annoyance, all in all, everything was just much more polite and civil.

Then, she suddenly blurted out the word fall. Fall? No one was falling? As Elsa looked around, and the mare spoke, it made sense. She wanted to know about the season. "Fall here is called Orangemoon. Quite odd I know." Elsa herself thought the name was a little weird when she first heard it roll off the tongue of a stranger.

Then the "real" conversation began. The conversation that set up the basis for a horses life here in Helovia. Of course, she was afraid of being tied down to a place she did not like. Elsa shrugged at her question, but not out of a lack of knowledge. "You can leave, although they will try to get you to stay. I know personally I like having a family, and that's how we treat each other at the Falls. Although, like a family, we cannot make everyone stay. So, we just try to fix problems if you have them or respect their decisions." She said with a sheepish grin. Her mind though, was in a much darker place. Like the time with Fraub, he had left so suddenly.. what had she done wrong? She felt so miserable afterwards.

But the conversation took a light turn, as she asked of a warrior and sleuth. Elsa held back a laugh, wondering, did this mare really never enjoy the life of a herd? But she refrained, horses came from all over the place! "Warrior is kind of like a soldier. Their job in the herd is to protect. They spar, and prepare in case the herd is attacked, or we need to defend ourselves by invading. But don't worry! We don't invade often, it causes too much pain, it's just a precaution. Our leaders are Seele and Midas, but the warriors are led by what you consider "under-leaders" they care for all the warriors, their names are Rostislav and Oxy." There, the one explanation of warrior done. Now, onto sleuths. "Sleuths are the people in charge of making sure herd members items, and bodies are not stolen. Sometimes, for leverage, other herds or outcasts will attempt to steal items or people they think they can use as leverage, or just because. They are led by a mare named Ghost." She finished, letting out a long breath. "It's a lot to take in, isn't it?"

@[Kirah]

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah thought for a moment, trying to memorise everything. She smiled a little. "I suppose so, but I'm sure I'll manage," Kirah said. She had a thousand more questions, but she did not want to bother the mare or scare her off. Kirah glanced up at the sky. The sun was setting.

Orange light fell upon Kirah and Elsa as the day slowly slunk away to another world. Kirah's necklace glowed slightly in the dusk, and the colours slowly faded to black. There was a silence after the mare explained of warriors and sleuths, but not an awkward one, more like an understanding silence.

Then Kirah decided to ask one more question. "There must be those who choose to wander alone, where do they call home?" she asked hesitantly. She shifted her feet, leaning on the one. It felt like she had been standing here for ages, but what does it matter? Time is just a matter of where the sun and moon is in the sky. There was plenty of it, for some, at least.

And Kirah loved a good conversation, since she didn't have many of those. She decided to study the mare's wings. They were beautiful, with several colours in them. 'Elsa must take great pride in them...' Kirah thought. She pictured Elsa soaring on them. Yes, quite breath-taking. Kirah thought that she might like wings, but where will her precious horns go?

She pricked her ears as a few sticks snapped in the forest beyond. After a while nothing happened, so Kirah settled on the decision that it was the wind, or a small animal.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Elsa]
Words;; 269
Notes;;

Questions, questions so many of them! Elsa couldn't decide if she was getting fed up, or intrigued. Never had she had someone with so many questions! I mean, usually they just wanted to jump right on the idea of a herd. But, nonetheless she still enjoyed the company. There was not much good company around right now, with everyone figuring out their lives and stuff.

"Yes, there are some who choose to live alone. Outcasts they are often called, although sometimes they are not an outcast at all. Some of them have plenty of friends elsewhere." Well, there was kind of an odd start. Elsa wasn't trying to put down the idea of being an outcast, for she had been one herself for a while, but if she could do it over, she'd join a herd. Granted, she'd want some certain people to come with her. "They wander the lands, usually not permitted in headlands unless given permission by leaders. They have no set home, and are nomadic, unless you join an outcast band, and they deicide to set up a temporary camp. Although, those camps are lands for anyone to trudge through. Not much privacy. Though, some prefer it." She shrugged, still wondering what this mare was thinking, and why she was so intrigued by everything.

Elsa tilted her head at hearing the snap of a stick but looked back, laughing a little. "There are so many noises here... so much life." She mused aloud, looking to the trees. Although they were beautiful, this place was nothing compared to the falls. She felt as if she'd be tethered their forever, but did not mind it. The company of everyone was welcome, as was a place to rest her head at night.

@[Kirah]

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah came upon a decision. She would let the mare take her to her world, and if she did not like it, she would simply leave to be on her own. Kirah raised her head a little higher. By now it was dark, and the two white horses looked like a pair of ghosts in contrast to the inky blackness around them.

She swished her long tail, a few strands catching behind her horns. "Very well, I would be honoured to follow you to the place you call home," Kirah said politely. "On foot on course," she said with a playful smile, motioning towards Elsa wings with her nose.

Kirah quickly shifted her hind feet farther back. Stretching. She was a bit stiff for standing still so long. After she was done, she stood square on all four feet as a sign that she was ready to go. She watched the mare, waiting for her to lead the way.

Once again the thought of a job fluttered into Kirah's mind. Would she want to be a warrior? Fighting would not be her first choice, but she was willing. A little work has never killed anybody. That was, of course, if she would be accepted as a warrior. She was strong, but not incredibly so. And, plus her small frame, she might lack even the part of looking like one.

And then there was a, what was it? Oh yes, a sleuth. Kirah had no idea how to even start to be something like that. Well, she was willing to learn once again, and there was almost always someone willing to teach. She sighed. she decided on settling on a job when she came to it.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Elsa]
Words;; 285
Notes;;